• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 5,434 Views, 562 Comments

X Steps Through The Portal - Tennis Match Fan



Now that the link between the human world and pony world is constantly open through Twilight's magic, students (whether by accident or on purpose) will wander to the other side.

  • ...
19
 562
 5,434

45. Pound Cake

"Pound, could you be a big boy get yourself buckled?" Cup Cake hollered as she and her husband shoved cake after muffin after confection into the back of their mini-van. "You too, Pumpkin!"

"Sure thwing, Mommy!" Pound Cake replied eagerly. The four-year-old and his twin sister grabbed for their seatbelts and managed to strap themselves in.

"Why are we always so late?" Carrot Cake moaned as he jumped into the car.

"We have everything!" Mrs. Cake finished counting the goods and hopped into shotgun.

"What are we late fwor?" Pumpkin asked curiously.

"We're catering to a school event," the kids' father explained as he frantically began to drive. "Mrs. Smith called in sick so we have to rush!" Pound Cake scrunched his nose.

"I don't like- I don't like school!" he cried, squirming in his carseat. Mrs. Cake looked back at him.

"Pinkie Pie will be there, don't you worry!" she told him in an attempt to calm the little boy down. "Your nice babysitter!"

"Yay!" the twins chorused.

When the Cake family arrived at CHS, they were all immediately out and rushing.

"Stay right by the car, darlings!" Mrs. Cake told them while she and Mr. Cake grabbed all the confections.

"Bwankie's in the car!" Pumpkin whined, climbing back in. Pound rolled his eyes and refocused his attention on another object. It was a statue of a horsey, like the one Pinkie told the twins bedtime stories about.

"Horsey!" Pound cried, running towards it.

Pumpkin Cake popped out of the car a moment later. Her brother wasn't in sight.

"Watch out, sweetie!" Mrs. Cake dropped boxes of cupcakes onto a tray. Pumpkin dodged her parents' busy feet.

"Pound?" she asked in confusion. She started sucking on her blanket.

"Mrs. Cake, Mr. Cake! Let me help you with that!" Pinkie Pie arrived on the scene. Pumpkin tugged on her babysitter's leggings.

"Where's Pound?" she asked. Pinkie looked down at her favorite little buddy.

"Sorry, Pumpkin, I can't play right now. I'm super tired from shooting lazers at an evil bad guy!" To emphasize her point, she yawned. "Now, we have to get these super delicious confections into the gym!"

"Where are you, Pound Cake?" Pumpkin wondered, worry creeping into her tone.


"Wowzers!" Little Pound Cake looked up at the crystal above him. After he had fell against the horse statue, the scenery had changed. And he suddenly felt incredibly little.

Pound Cake tore his gaze from the ceiling and looked down. His jeans and blue t-shirt were gone! Instead, Pound had horsey legs. Pound was a pony!

"Did Pinkie Pwie do this?" he wondered, gazing into the reflective mirror. He had pony ears, and on his back was a set of small, feathery wings. Pinkie Pie was a magical baby sitter, and she always told him and Pumpkin stories about growing pony ears.

Pound began to flitter his new wings. The action required minimal effort, but he accidentally banged into the wall.

"Oof!" Pound set himself straight. Like a miniature airplane, he flitted down a set of stairs.

A lavender pony walked right past. When Pound giggled, her purple eyes slid to him. They widened in shock.

"Pound Cake! How did you get here?!" she yelped, grabbing him out of the air.

"Uh, uh, who aw you?' Pound asked. Perhaps this might be Pinkie's friend? But he didn't recognize her.

The pony's brow furrowed in confusion.

"I'm Twilight. I come by Sugarcube Corner sometimes, remember?"

"Oh!" Pound nodded. "You aw Pinkie Pwie's friend!"

"Now, I have no idea how you got here, but we are getting you back home immediately!"

"Where's Pinkie?" Pound asked as Twilight carried him down a staircase.

"She's back at Sugarcube. She's been planning a party for some yak delegates and is super tired," Twilight explained. "She's probably sleeping now!"


Pinkie Pie collapsed onto the floor of the gym. Somehow, moving those cupcakes had zapped the last of her usually boundless energy. Students all around buzzed, talking and chattering.

"Pinkie!" Pumpkin Cake ran up to her. "Where's Pound? I can't find him!"

"Oh, I'm sure he's with your parents!" Pinke yawned. "Don't worry, Pumpkin. Now, I'm about to doze off."

Pumpkin Cake's blue eyes stared at her in confusion as Pinkie's eyelids fluttered. Pinkie was vaguely aware of her feet tingling as she lost consciousness. Pinkie Sense, deal with it in the morning...


Pound was incredibly annoyed with Twilight now. Okay, this was kinda fun. He had seen a nice countryside so far, and in the distance was a bustling village. On the other hand, he wanted to go back to Mom, Dad, and Pumpkin.

"Can I go home now?" he complained once again.

"We are going home!" Twilight's voice was tinted with annoyance. "Look, we're almost there! Hang on, Pound Cake!"

Pound held his tongue for a couple minutes longer, hoping Twilight's annoyance would simmer down. Ponies passed them, casting curious glances their way. Finally, he didn't want to be silent anymore.

"I hate being a pwony!"

Twilight froze.

"Pound Cake, what is this town called?" she asked in a carefully controlled voice.

Pound scrunched his nose. "How should I know? I just got hewre!"

Twilight groaned. "Oh Celestia, how could I have not seen this?"

She began running back the way they had came.


"Excuse me, Principal Celestia?" Mrs. Cake tapped on the Principal's shoulder. Celestia turned around.

"Oh, Mrs. Cake. Thank you so much for-"

"We can't find Pound Cake!" Mrs. Cake interuppted. "You're the principal of this school; do you have any idea where he might be?"

Celestia's brow furrowed in concern. "Oh no. Tell me, when did you see him last?"


Twilight panted heavily; she hadn't run this hard in a while, not to mention she was carrying a foal with her.

"We're almost there, Pound Cake," she told him. "The castle's... just up ahead."

"Why awe you cawwing me still?" Pound Cake complained. "Unicorns can fwy!"

"No, but we can telepo... Ugh!" Twilight groaned. "There was an easier way to do this?!"


It had been a few minutes of searching now, but Pound Cake was no where to be found.

Celestia sighed with worry for the little child. She opened the main doors of CHS. Had he gone outside?

"The portal," she realized, rushing towards the statue. The principal promptly jumped in, anxious to save Pound Cake.


"Here we are!" Twilight announced to Pound Cake. Without a second thought, she jumped through with the colt.


Pound Cake laughed in delight when he felt his normal feet and hands had returned. He looked up to see that Twilight wasn't a pony anymore, either.

"Okay, now where are your parents?" Twilight asked him. Pound pointed to the school.

"In dere," he said. Twilight nodded. Taking Pound by the hand, she walked inside.

"Mrs. Cake? Mr. Cake?" she called. Mr. Cake popped his head out of the janitor's closet.

"Twilight Sparkle! You found Pound Cake!" he exclaimed in relief, rushing towards them. He scooped Pound up in his arms. "I'm so relieved! Thank goodness you're alright! Cup Cake! We found Pound!" Mr. Cake ran off in another direction to find his wife.

Twilight sighed. "Okay, that's over with. Now, I better get-"

Twilight stopped talking when she noticed a group of students exiting the gym.

Sunset had informed her of the opposing team, the Shadowbolts. Their main competitors where Sunny Flare, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, Sour Sweet, and herself, Twilight Sparkle.

The other Twilight hadn't seen her yet.

Run! Twilight's brain told her. Run before she sees you and you both cause an inter-dimensional imbalance!

Twilight ran.


Celestia licked her lips as she sank her teeth into another slice of cake. The former human sat in Twilight Sparkle's kitchen.

"I'm sure they've found him by now," she told herself. "After all, he's certainly not here." She licked frosting off her muzzle.

Horse cake was better than human cake.