• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 5,457 Views, 562 Comments

X Steps Through The Portal - Tennis Match Fan



Now that the link between the human world and pony world is constantly open through Twilight's magic, students (whether by accident or on purpose) will wander to the other side.

  • ...
19
 562
 5,457

34. Sweetcream Scoops

Author's Note:

"C'mon, Big Mac, I've got the best ice cream shop in the whole country!" Sweetcream Scoops begged.

"Nope," Big Mac responded. Sweetcream pursed her lips. She hadn't gotten her reputation as Most Flirtatious Girl in School by standing around and being rejected by the one guy in school that truly deserved her attention. Strong, muscular, and an all around hottie, what was not to like about Big Macintosh?

"You know, I've just come to the sad realization that I have no apple flavored ice cream!" Sweetcream pouted to Big Mac's back. Apple Bloom, the Annoying Younger Sister (AYS), turned around.

"Leave mah brother alone," she told Sweetcream crossly, clutching her backpack tightly. "Sweet Apple Acres ain't gonna suply for yer ice cream parlor." She arched an eyebrow. "If the apple ice cream is what you're after, of course." Sweetcream stopped walking and stiffened. Apple Bloom hadn't just insulted her, had she?

"But just think!" she responded quickly. "It makes so much sense, don't you think? Sweet Apple Acres teaming up with Sweetcream Scoops's Ice Cream Parlor?" Her cat-like grin widened even further as she added, "Don't you think we'd make splendid business partners, Big Mac?"

"Eeynope," Big Mac commented firmly. Sweetcream folded her arms.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Just face it, Sweetcream," the AYS told her smugly. "You're not gonna be part of this family anytime soon."

"Hhmph!" Sweetcream blew several strands of her straight pink and orange mane out of her eyes. One day, Big Macintosh, I will be yours. And your AYS will be cut out of all our family portraits.

For now, she should probably be getting her books together. School had let out a couple minutes ago, and Sweetcream had been too busy with Big Mac to collect her textbooks like the dutiful schoolgirl her mother wanted her to be.

"What do you have for homework, Sweetcream, darling?" Sweetcream asked herself as her locker came into view. She pulled it open and stared at her plaid orange and pink backpack. "Just math? Alright!" She tucked said book into her backpack and slammed the door shut.

"Where you just hitting on Big Mac?" queried a nearby girl with pale green skin. A mass of blue curls in various shades hung down to her waist, and her luminous blue eyes were narrowed in distaste.

"Yeah, what's it to you, Tea Love?" Sweetcream quipped, slamming her locker shut.

"I'll have you know that he is mine!" Tea Love advanced on her. "I have our whole life planned out!"

"No way!" Fleetfoot, a member of the Wonderbolts soccer team, joined in. "Big Mac is mine! Just today he gave me a plushie Pinkie PIe pony!" She held up the item in question. "I dunno where he got it or why he has it, but it's a sure sign that he is hopelessly in love with me!"

By now, several other students had gathered to watch this cat fight, curiously looking on. Some were even joining in!

"I have experience working on a farm!" Golden Harvest protested. "If Big Mac goes out with anyone, it'll be me!"

"I garden!" Sweet Leaf volunteered. "Does that count as farming?"

"No, but i bet Big Mac would appreciate a girl who grows watermelons," Starlight pointed out. "Apples and watermelons are both red!"

"Shut up, jerk!" Sweetcream yelled at her. "Big Mac's mine!"

"Mine!" Fleetfoot growled, a panther ready to pounce.

"MINE!" Tealove shrieked.

"What about me?" Flash Sentry protested. Other boys high fived him. Other girls ignored him.

Suddenly, everyone was in an all-out fight. Books flying everywhere! Boys, confused, simply watching. Torn hair scattering across the floor. Insults tossed back and forth: "He's mine, daughter of a-" "BIG MACINTOSH WOULD NEVER GO OUT WITH A MATERIALISTIC GIRLY GIRL LIKE YOU!" "Shut up, you little idiot!"

While the other girls fought, Sweetcream managed to escape the claws of Fleetfoot with her gorgeous hair intact.

Distracted morons are good and distracted, I've got my books, now to find Big Mac. Sweetcream moved swiftly through the hallways. I just realized how much competition I have! She would have to find her true love sooner than the ungrateful wretches she had left to brawl.

Sweetcream flung her backpack to the side, ridding herself of extra weight.

"I hope I look alright!" She exclaimed anxiously as she ran. Sweetcream patted down her straight hair. "Oh, if that Tea Love mussed my gorgeous hair I swear-"

"Watch it, Sweetcream!" Berry Punch exclaimed, ducking past the fleeing girl.

"Watch yourself, Berry!" Sweetcream exclaimed. "I'm in a crisis!" She stumbled out of the front doors. Very few students were outside. Some freshmen girls, mostly. Not AYS, that's for sure! Definitely not Big Mac.

"No matter. I still have MyStable," Sweetcream murmured. She absent mindedly walked as she pulled out her phone to access the popular app.

Sweetcream wasn't exactly sure what happened next. One moment she was scrolling down her favorites bar, and the next, her phone was gone, her books were knocked from her hands, and she was falling down into a colorful abyss.

"Holyhayhelpme!" Sweetcream shrieked. She flailed her arms violently. Nothing worked. She was stuck falling!

"Thanks for helping me with this plan, Pinkie Pie," Apple Bloom exclaimed, popping out from behind the Canterlot High statue.

"No problemo!" Pinkie chirped, appearing beside the young farmgirl.

"I'm so gonna blame everything on Tea Love from now on!" Sweetcream grumbled, staring at the wall. Immediately, she could tell something was off.

For one, there was a yellow ice cream cone on her head.

Also, she looked like a pony.

Sweetcream was too annoyed to care much about these changes.

"Who the heck tripped me?" she grumbled, getting up. "Like, seriously, I'm finally thinking straight enough to make a good plan, and then somebody drops me into this place."

"Uh, 'scuse me?" Upon hearing somebody speak, Sweetcream looked up. A large red stallion with a familiar orange mane and green eyes was standing there. Sweetcream's nose scrunched, trying to place the face.

"Do I know you?" she asked.

"Nope." As soon as the word came out of his mouth, Sweetcream's blue eyes widened in horror. Big Macintosh is a pony?!

"Do you know where mah sister's friend Twilight Sparkle is?" he continued.

"I'm scarred!" Sweetcream wailed, covering her eyes with her new hooves. "Scarred, I tell you!" She ran shrieking all around the room.

Big Mac just watched.

Somepony probably needs to tell Twilight there's a hysterical mare in an upstairs room, he thought. It ain't gonna be me, though.

"I'll never love again!" Sweetcream wailed dramatically.

"Eeyup." Big Mac walked out of the room.

"Big Mac is secretly a pony!" Sweetcream cried. "I can't go out with a pony! That's Flash Sentry's job!"

"Should we be worried she's not out yet?" Pinkie asked her comrade curiously.

"Nah." Apple Bloom shook her head. "I give her two more hours of screaming, crying, and perfect storms."