• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 1,689 Views, 23 Comments

Love's Complicated - EllyCoo



Prism and Cotton are a couple now. It's time for dates!

  • ...
7
 23
 1,689

Chapter IV

"I shouldn't have left Prism like that... I should understand he still thinks about her."

Candy really felt bad for being mad at Prism just for that. Pumpkin Cake had spent the night with her talking about love stuff. It was now 4 in the morning, but Candy didn't feel sleepy. Pumpkin, on the other hoof, was sleeping and snoring soundly. Candy sighed and went down her bed.

"Nini, Pump."

She went out of her room and decided to say sorry to her boyfriend. He didn't deserve that.


*knock knock*

Prism opened his green eyes and groaned, looking at the window. Whirlwind? Again? He waited a bit and blinked before opening the window. The purple mare went in. Boy, she's sexy., he thought. But without knowing it, he thought out loud. Whirlwind smiled and looked seriously at him.

"I broke up with Hot Head."

"Why?", he blinked. "He's a nice guy."

"I realized I didn't actually like him. I feel like in a movie."

"Yeah..."

"A movie where a couple breaks up, both move on with somepony they don't actually like."

"Um, Whirl... I actually like Cotton."

"... And then they come back together."

Whirlwind was now real close to him. A bit too close, even... He blushed at the contact. She's so hot... He couldn't resist but wrap his arm around her waist and make her body stick to his. Buck. What am I doing?! They both blushed deeply, and Prism took off his hoof, mumbling a faint "sorry". She smiled and stroked his cheek, whispering to his ear.

"See? You still love me.", and she kissed him on the lips.

"Hmpf!", he groaned and pushed her away. "I want to move on, Dubz. You're not helping."

"Why move on when you don't need to?", she said, pulling Prism to her.

"Prism, I jus...", said a high-pitched voice at the doorstep.

The thing she was seeing paralyzed her. Her boyfriend was on his bed, Whirlwind under him giving him a kiss, and him stroking her butt. Tears formed at the corner of her eyes that she quickly wiped away.

"I'll... just go...", her voice trembled.

"No, Candy! Please!", he shouted.

Too late. She already ran off, taking Cloudy with her. She told her little sister that she couldn't come visit Icy anymore. Never talk to the Dash family.

"This is all your fault!", groaned Prism to Whirlwind.

"Not my fault if you still love me... Can't you just see? I'm sorry I left you, we were the perfect couple!"

"Whirl, you just blew all my chances with Cotton Candy."

"Come on, Prism! You don't even like her!"

Prism stood up and slapped Whirlwind. It was the first time he slapped a girl. It felt really good though. He pointed the window with his hoof.

"Get out."

"P-prism..."

"GET. OUT."

"But Prism, I know you..."

"GET OUT!", he roared at her face.

Whirlwind started really crying and flew out quickly through the window. Prism breathed heavily. Whirlwind was hot, but she really was a bitch. Why did she start acting like that? She was probably jealous of Cotton Candy. She was still... in love with him... Poor Prism was confused.

"Uh oh... How will I ever make it up to her?", he mumbled and bit his wing nervously.

Then Icy burst in through the door, an angry expression on his face.

"Prism! What did you do to Cotton?! Now I'm not allowed to talk to Cloudy!"

"I... I'm sorry, it's grown-up stuff.", he mumbled.

"Well you get your grown-up butt and go give her a grown-up apology!", his brother roared, jumping on him.

"Exactly what I'm gonna do, lil bro."

Prism flew down to Ponyville. He galloped, soon followed by Golden Delicious who wondered what was happening. They stopped at Sugarcube Corner. When Pokey Pierce saw Prism at the door, he opened it and glared at the stallion.

"What do you want?"

"I just want to talk to Cotton Candy."

"She doesn't want to see you."

"What did I do to her?!"

Oh, why did he say such a stupid thing? Pokey Pierce gave the stallion a punch. Prism fell on the floor, bleeding from his nose. Pokey jumped on him, trying to punch him again, but Mrs. Cupcake and Pinkie pulled him back. He groaned loudly and went back in. Pinkie looked at Prism with a sorry look and closed the door.

"This is going to be hard...", sniffed Prism.

"Don't worry, pal. Yah'll get a private moment together. Wanna talk about it?"

"Okay.", he sniffed again, standing up.

"So, what's the deal with Cotton?"

"She saw me on my bed stroking Whirlwind's leg who was under me giving me a wet kiss.", he stuck his tongue out.

"Ah understand her.", Golden walked away a bit.

"She forced me!", replied Prism, offended. "I get manipulated by hot mares too easily... If we go further with Candy, I don't think I'd do such a thing ever again."

"But why did Whirlwind act like that?"

"I don't know... She's just jealous of Candy, I guess. Jealous I didn't act like I do with Candy than with her..."

"How do yah act with both?"

"I acted natural with Whirlwind, which seemed fine, since we have a lot in common... But I don't want to make the same mistake, so I act smooth and gentle with Cotton Candy."

"Ah see... Whirlwind always liked gentlecolts."

"Well I'm not a gentlecolt and she has to deal with it!"

"That's not what you're proving when you're with Cotton Candy."

"I already explained that."

"It's not really fair for Whirlwind, but don't force yourself: act natural with Candy, and if she doesn't like it... Her loss."

"... Yeah..."

They had reached Sweet Apple Acres already. Golden said goodbye to Prism and went into his barn. Prism looked up to the sky to take off. He hopped from cloud to cloud back to his home. Icy was standing at the door.

"So?"

"Sigh...", Prism looked down.

"Loser.", Icy groaned and went back in.

Yeah, he was. He was a big, huge, loser.