• Published 30th Nov 2014
  • 1,683 Views, 23 Comments

Love's Complicated - EllyCoo



Prism and Cotton are a couple now. It's time for dates!

  • ...
7
 23
 1,683

Chapter III

Mrs. Cupcake arrived, all giggle-y, holding two oatshakes that she put on the table. Prism thought: if he were with Whirlwind, he would have started a race. But no time for stupid stuff, and he didn't want to lose another mare. But Cotton Candy shouted first:

"SHAKE RACE!"

Prism's eyes widened at the sight of Cotton Candy drinking up her oatshake as fast as she could. Damn, he loved that girl. He hesitated on starting drinking up too, but she already finished.

"Brainfreeeze...", she moaned and held her head in her hooves.

Um... The stallion had no idea what to do. He made a movement of solidarity: he picked up his oatshake and drank up as fast as he could, the cold reaching the top of his head. Finally, they were both laughing and crying because of the brainfreeze. It ended up with a sort of stare, then with a kiss. A real kiss. A kiss with the tongue, and everything. It wasn't the first for Prism, but Cotton Candy had never experienced something like that. A throat clearing broke it.

"I have your... cupcake box.", said Mr. Cake.

He put it between the two of them. Cotton whimpered as she was separated from Prism. Her silliness was simply adorable. Hot and adorable. He smiled and reached out a hoof for her to huggle. They ate up the cupcakes one by one, looking at each other intensely. Prism finally looked away at the tilting of the doorbell.

"Hah, I win", she smiled.

"How can you even look for that long?", he chuckled, a bit impressed.

"Maybe your eyes are pretty. I always agreed with Starburst on that."

"Oh well, look who's coming..."

Claws, the griffon-pony hybrid, son of Billy and Gilda, was at the doorstep. as Billy was Rainbow Dash's enemy and Gilda was no longer a friend, Prism had to hate their son too. They glared at each other.

"Well well, look who's having a date with... an earth pony. A Pierce. So Whirlwind gave up on you huh? How can you be so lame to drop a chick?"

"Shut up, Claws...", he groaned.

"No, really. You should have waited a bit longer instead of immediately date a girl you don't like."

Cotton Candy squeaked and glared at him as well.

"It wouldn't be your type to like small and cute girls, right? You usually like the Whirlwind type. Did you become crazy after your break up?"

"Shut your facehole, Claws. Cotton Candy is a wonderful mare."

"She is kind of hot", admitted Claws after looking at her body. "Well anyway I have other subjects to tease you about. Like how much of a lamo you are compared to your parents. Such a shame."

"Just get out of my life, Claws."

"Okay then crybaby. I'll go to the other side of this bucking dumb bakery."

On the way, he smacked Cotton Candy who squeaked again's butt with his tail. She groaned and hissed like a cat, glaring at the pedant Claws. Prism smiled.

"Don't worry, you're better than Whirlwind."

"I don't know if I should take that well or feel sorry for her...", she giggled.

"Well, why not both?"

"Okay."

They looked at each other and shared a third kiss, a bit short this time. Then they finished up the cupcakes. There was only one last in the box.

"Let's share it", said Candy. "Mrs Cupcake, a knife pl-"

"Nah, let's just eat it up together."

What a messy job. Crumbs were all over the table, because of the laughter. But they finally ate it up and laughed some more. Then they stood up to clean up a bit and leave. They walked through the Ponyville streets one against the other. It was a bit cold and they needed a bit of body heat. When they reached the park, they sat down on the tree where everything started. Well, that wasn't too bad for a first date, thought Prism, covering his girlfriend's body with his large wing. She dozed off, again.

"It's cute how she falls asleep so quickly...", he said and nuzzled her neck.

He had no idea how much they had slept together, but one thing was sure: it was the best kind of sleep he ever had in his entire life...


"Hmmm, Dubz, stop it... It's tickling me~"

Oh wait. I'm dating Candy now. Prism opened his eyes and smiled at his girlfriend.

"I meant 'Dy."

"Yah", groaned Candy, apparently offended. "You better. It's 6 PM now, Prism, I'm going home."

She really seemed vexed. Prism bit his lower lip and flew down to his girlfriend, giving her a big warm hug. She pushed him a bit and looked away, upset.

"Sorry... I didn't mean that."

"You should stop dreaming about her", she replied coldly. "It's over between you and her."

"I know it is - wait, I wasn't dreaming about her."

"I can't believe you can't feel the difference between my kisses and hers. It could end just the same."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"I do repeat wars with my mother ALL the time, don't expect me to forgive you this way. Hmpf."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"FINE. I just want to be alone for the rest of the day, I don't want to hear you talk about Whirlwind anymore!"

She ran back home. Prism sighed, giving up. Then he hit violently his face with his wing. Ugh, how could I have acted so dumb? She hates me now... He looked down then up, and flew back home. Icy was talking with Cloudy in the "garden". On the way, Prism smirked: good thing he told the twins about Icy. They made a cute little couple. Well, if Icy didn't have that weird crush on Whirlwind. Ugh, crush and Whirlwind in the same sentence... He opened the fridge and ate something. Then he took a shower, when he heard a knock at the window.

"Ahrem", said a female voice.

"AGH! I'm having a shower here, Whirl.... wind. Hey."

"So... I heard you were with that Cotton Candy now."

"Yeah."

"Congrats. I also moved on."

"Oh?"

"With Hot Head..."

"Nice."

They both nodded, Prism still hiding himself with a towel. Then Whirlwind flew off, sighing a "Bye". The blue Pegasus closed the window and continued his shower.

"I wish I could just forget her already!", he groaned.


"I wish he could just forget her already...", sighed Candy.

"I see", nodded Pumpkin Cake. "Don't worry Coco, just keep being the awesome mare you are and he will."

"Thanks... I'll try", she smiled.

Talking with Pumpkin Cake always made things better. Then she went off to the bathroom to have a hot bubble bath.