• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 1,278 Views, 87 Comments

The Misadventure Of: A Bunch Of Silly Ponies That Just So Happen To Not Be Applejack - OCisbestpony



Colgate has a little problem. That problem would be Berry's fetid breath. But as with all things, there is but one cure: An ever so very serious tromp about the jolly land of Equestria.

  • ...
3
 87
 1,278

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter One, Part Seven

Part 7

Berry stumbled out of the room. It had been too long since he'd had a drink. Not only that, where had Colgate run off to? And even after that, what in Equestria happened back in that room? He shook his head to try and make sense of it all. All that manged to do was make the growing headache even worse. His mouth felt dry and he smacked his lips. He wished he had some water or something to drink. Drink. Wait, that's right! Didn't he have that bottle he brought with him? Then again, its effects *still* hadn't worn off. He didn't want to stay like this any longer then he needed to be. Not only did it feel really, really weird being a guy, but the other girls kept looking at him weirdly. Those looks made him feel rather uncomfortable. He could tell that Colgate tried to keep them hidden, but he knew. He saw her face turn red, red like wrapping paper. Now it was his turn to blush. He couldn't even remember who it was that had been in his dream, but it was somepony special. A-Anyway, turning his thoughts back to Colgate, he felt kinda bad for her. He knew that she was uncomfortable while he was like this. So, he decided, it would be best to leave things alone and not drink anymore of the bottle. He nodded and licked his lips. That was a good swig right there. Hit the spo-wait. He looked down.

He was holding the bottle with his left foreleg.

NUTS! He did it again! He drank without even thinking about it! He did that from time to time, usually in the mornings. He would wake up, and before he was even fully aware of what time it was, he would already be working on a fresh bottle. Well, she at the time, but that was beside the point. Though, if this kept up, he might never go back to being a she...

That was a scary thought. Best not to dwell on it. He needed to find Colgate. Yes. That's what s/he needed to focus on. Though it was hard to move forward with twitching limbs. S/he tried to walk forward, but Berry's legs wanted to move to the side. Falling flat on the face, Berry groaned in pain. A higher pitched groan then was expected. Hold on, did that mean? Berry's hooves began to feel the face. It was rounded. Standing up, Berry almost let out a shout of joy. Berry was a mare again! Racing down the hall, she let out a triumphant whoop.

Running out of the hallway, she entered into what looked like the main hall. Stopping at the rail, she took a look around. What a lovely evening! The stars were so wonderful, and the air was so fresh! She smiled a huge smile. This was a good day. She let out a sigh. Even her breath didn't seem as green as usual! Granted, it still caused mold to spontaneously grow on the railing (the part that wasn't missing anyway), but that was beside the point! Practically skipping down the walkway, she made her way to the end of the hall, where the stairs came down to meet each other at the floor. Granted, it is somewhat of a mystery as to how a pony skips, but she managed all the same.

Making her way out to the center of the hall, she took another deep breath. She was never so happy to be sober and a mare! Practically doing a little dance on the spot, she made her way back up the stairs. At the top she looked over the hall below. For a moment, she wondered what it must have been like to have been a Princess. It must have been grand, looking over such a hall. She imagined it full of ponies bowing, showering praise upon Celestia as she made her way along. She closed her eyes and listened to the shouts and exclamations of excited ponies. She even heard the unholy wailing of terror of-wait, what?

Her eyes popped open, just in time to see a creature of living nightmare run from one hallway entrance to another. She blinked. Nope. Not gonna deal with that. She produced the bottle once more and took a deep drink...


They panicked. Turning themselves around, they bolted back down the corridor. Pinkie was a nice enough pony. Fun, full of laughter and good humor. The life of the town practically. This however, was just the opposite. As they ran through doorways and passages, Pinkie(s) would randomly cut them off with a terrifying look of glee. Sometimes it was a scary mask. Other times it was a misshapen face, or two, or five. Whatever it was, it only served to deepen their panic and terror. Pinkie, and her army, seemed only find the whole thing more and more hilarious. The louder Colgate and Bon-Bon screamed, the harder Pinkie and her clones would laugh. What had happened to her? Why was she doing this? Colgate's mind was in a blur. She couldn't even think straight enough to use magic. All she knew was that somehow, Pinkie had suddenly become very cruel.

Rounding another corner, they found themselves heading down a hallway that lead to the main hall. That's it! If they could manage to get out of here, back to Ponyville, and tell Twilight about this, that should fix the problem! And then she saw something.

It was coming down the hallway opposite of theirs, on the opposite side of the main hall. It was big, and it was black. And it was moving fast. She narrowed her eyes to try and see what it could be. It was covered in what looked like feathers, and it was black, with ... red eyes. And it made a noise that caused her blood to freeze. She had not heard it at first, on account of her and Bon-Bon's own screams. However, as it closed in on them, they froze in their tracks. It ran across the great hall and entered into the hallway where they were, blocking their exit. It continued to run at them, the terrible noise growing ever louder. They turned, and saw that their path was blocked by hundreds of grinning Pinkies. All of them staring at them with large eyes, and all of them on the edge of laughter. As if they were expecting the greatest punchline of punchlines.

They were trapped.

Looking back at the closing orb of horror, and glancing again at the wall of malevolent grins in front of them, both ponies felt it was all over.

Then they heard a mighty belch.

It shook the walls and even the floor. It shook the roof and caused dust to fall. It even rattled and shook the wall of Pinkies about like a barrel of rocks. Colgate knew that belch. It was Berry! She was nearby! And with a belch that big, it could only mean one thing. She must have drank more of the bottle (did that thing ever run out?)!

Slamming a hoof onto the ground, she pivoted around and faced the rolling nightmare that now was only a few paces away.

“BERRY!” She bellowed. “I SWEAR, IF YOU DRANK MORE OF THAT BOTTLE-SO HELP ME!”

The creature suddenly stopped, almost as if in confusion.

Perfect.

Lowering her head down, she focused her horn and reached for Bon-Bon's satchel. Sadly, Bon-Bon did not actually have a satchel on her, so Colgate ended up grabbing her instead. Bon-Bon let out a surprised squeak, but was cut off as she was hurled through the air, directly at the face of the monster. With a heavy impact, she collided with the thing head-on and both creature and pony went flying back and into the hall.


Berry finished the bottle, and brought it down to look at it. Man this was a good one. A bit odd, but real-her thoughts were interrupted as she saw the bottle begin to fill once more. Huh. Bottles are not supposed to do that. As she mused, her body once more began to shift and change. This time, it was almost instant, and ended with a belch to end all belches. So strong was it it caused his eyes to go ascew and his tongue to flop about. It even shook the walls for good measure. Wow, he was impressed.

“BERRY!” came a rather hoarse shout. It was Colgate, and she was mad. “I SWEAR, IF YOU DRANK MORE OF THAT BOTTLE-SO HELP ME!” Berry swallowed, hard. He was in trouble. He wasn't sure why he was in trouble, but he knew that he was. Unsure whether to run to her voice, or away, he froze to the spot. Which worked out rather nicely if he had been looking for the perfect vantage point to see what happened next.

From the doorway that the creature had entered, it came flying back out. It landed in the middle of the hall with a loud clang noise, and in a burst of feathers that filled the air. After a moment, Colgate came storming out of the doorway and looked around. Berry began to move, for fear of being spotted.

“BERRY PUNCH!” Too late.

Berry froze as Colgate's eyes lock on him. Rearing up, Colgate slammed two hooves on the ground and nearly broke the sound barrier running to Berry. Berry almost noticed that the force of her hooves hitting the ground, combined with the speed that she blasted off with, blew the feathers off of the beast.

Almost.

Rather, what he saw was a blue blur that moved at a terrible speed. He decided that he too should get moving. Luckily, for him, there were two sets of stairs that intertwined and led up to where he was. So, thinking quickly, he dashed down the stairs Colgate was not rocketing up, across the main hall, and down the very same hallway that the two ponies and a black-feather-covered-Lyra (wait, what?) had come out of. He had hoped that by running down the stairs while Colgate ran up to him would help put a little distance between them, seeing as how she all but teleported up the left staircase and he ran down the right one. It more or less worked, though the rather angry-looking blue unicorn was still hot on his hooves.

As he bolted down the hall, his eyes came upon the giant pile of Pinkies. Deciding that dealing with them would be better then the wrath of Colgate (what in Equestria was she so mad about anyway? It didn't make any sense!), he charged forward. They all looked up at him as he came close, and all of their eyes turned to hearts. All at once their mouths opened, as if to speak. Berry steeled himself and decided to barge on through; no time to listen!

BAM

He smacked right into a Pinkie that decided to throw herself at him in a big hug. The impact of his massive chest however was too much, and the pink pony promptly became a poofy pink puff. The only thing that remained was a single pink hair that stuck to his chest. Another dived at him. More pink poof. Another, and another. One after another they all began throwing themselves at him, their eyes massive hearts. And almost all of them disappeared as Berry continued to plow through them. However, a few did managed to grab on. And once that begun, it was only a matter of moments until he found himself at the bottom of a pile of Pinkie Pies. Mighty as that drink made him, he simply wasn't strong enough to get out from under all of them...


Lyra got up. Her head was still ringing and her senses were slow in coming back. Reaching up, she pulled the very, very dented helmet off. Her ears were still ringing from her own screaming and the sound of her hitting the walls. She looked around.

“BERRY!” came a surprisingly muted shout from behind her. It would seem her hearing would take a while to come back. Turning around, she saw Colagte slam her front hooves into the ground and take off. The force of her propulsion knocked her off her hooves and onto her flank. She groaned in pain, and noticed that the air was filled with feathers. Where did they all come from? Looking down, she saw a very stunned Bon-Bon lying on the ground in front of her.

“Bon-Bon?” she asked, reaching a hoof to try and stir her. Then she heard popping sounds. Looking up she saw Berry bravely barging his way through what seemed to be a massive bobbing blob of pink. She saw what looked like dozens of puff clouds filling the air and Berry getting covered by pink hairs. Colgate was right behind, but had stopped at the edge of the rolling pink pile. What was going on? Figuring that Bon-Bon wasn't going to wake up soon, and seeing Berry become covered in...PINKIES?! What in the world?

She dashed over there just in time to see the last part of Berry become covered, his right rear hoof. Colgate was fuming. It was clear that she was very angry. However, she did nothing. She simply sat there, looking at the Pinkie pile with frustration. Then, Lyra got an idea.

“BERRY!” She shouted as loudly as she could. “GIVE ME THE BOTTLE! IT MIGHT HELP!”

Colgate's fiery eyes turned onto Lyra. Lyra tried to not feel her stare burn its way through her skull, but it was mighty hard. After a moment, she saw the small brown bottle pop out. She reached over, and so did Colgate. Both of them grabbed it with their magic and began tugging at it.

“HELP!” came Berry's muffled cry. This however, only served to make the two pull even harder. Tugging with all their might, drops of sweat began to run down their faces. Then Lyra got an idea. She let go.

Colgate promptly flew back and hit the wall, causing the bottle to leave her grasp and send it flying through the air. With little effort, Lyra caught it again, and quickly brought it to her lips.

She drank.

She began to change almost immediately. Her body stretched and shrank and stretched like an accordion. Then, all at once, the change took place.

She was...not quite what she had expected. Her body had become one large object. And she had what seemed like 5 appendages coming from her. Each one a slightly different size. She moved each one, and they responded. For a moment, she was unsure of what she had become, but then she remembered something. Spike had these. Or rather, Spike had what she now was. Yes, she had become...

A giant foot. With wings attached for good measure.

Author's Note:

A friend of mine told me that this story was all a bit on the too random side. Perhaps they are right, perhaps they are wrong. Either way, if you've made it thus far, I must offer my thanks.

PreviousChapters Next