• Published 10th Nov 2014
  • 3,767 Views, 57 Comments

Mending Souls: What's in My Heart - atomicpuffin



Book Three of the 'Mending Series' where we see what's going on in the chaos family and what happens to them when an unknown danger comes calling.

  • ...
5
 57
 3,767

Epilogue

Discord was curled on the couch and Fluttershy was snuggled against his side. He smiled down at her and used his tail to pull the cape further over her. He was wearing the cape Rarity had given him to help keep himself warm. Although he didn't need it, his wife insisted he wear it as the night turned cold.

She had turned into a small drill sergeant this last week, wanting him to rest as much as possible. He didn't have the heart to tell her that he had completely recovered from the whole ordeal...four days ago. His magic was back to full strength and so was his physical form. She seemed to be enjoying taking care of him, so he decided to put up with it...for now.

Besides he liked having her by his side every minute of the day. He sighed when he thought of how close they had come to being separated. He vowed to never let that happen again. He even replaced the immortality spell on her, since the old one had faded when he had...

"Hmm...Discord…" She whispered and he leaned his head down and nuzzled her ear whispering back,

"Yes my love?"

"I can feel you thinking…what's wrong…" She giggled and he chuckled in response. He looked at the fire and smiled sadly.

"I'm just happy it's all over my love...Morgana is gone...although I can't say I completely agree with sun butt's decision…" He frowned. Morgana had been banished back to the wastelands. She now had a magical tracer on her that Kibou could track to make sure she remained outside of Equestria. Although, Discord had to admit...since she wasn't an immortal it would be overly cruel to leave her to die in a place like Tartarus.

"Is that all honey?" Fluttershy asked, lifting her head to stare at him. He wanted to tell her yes, but knew that would be pointless.

"No...I just...It's still weird…" He didn't have to say what was weird. She smiled and nuzzled his neck and he felt his heart warm at the affectionate touch. It didn't matter how many times he felt her rub against him, it would always have the same pleasant feeling.

"Oh Discord...I know it's going to take some time to realize that it's true. There's no longer any need to worry about the future. I wish I could help you see that. No pony will see you as what you were. Only what you are…"

He chuckled and gave her a soft kiss on the nose. He ran his claws through her mane and down her back, causing her to shiver slightly. When he watched her eyes flutter, his grin widened and his fur stood up. She had denied him this last week, but tonight would be different. He purred and placed his snout against her neck.

"Oh...and what am I my dear?"

She blushed when she noticed the sparks in his eyes. She frowned slightly at him and turned her face away to stare at the fire. He continued to nuzzled her neck, determined to win this battle of wills. He gently nipped her soft skin and she jumped, but when she would have moved away, he wrapped his tail around her.

"Well? I'm waiting for an answer darling wife of mine?" He purred, grinning against her neck. She shivered again and he could feel her weakening. He knew he had to use all of his tricks tonight.

"Well...um...I...I...What I meant is that...Oh! Discord don't do that! I can't focus when you…" She whimpered and he grinned wickedly at her and gently ran his tongue along the back of her ear again. She shivered and turned frowning at him, but he was happy to see the answering fire in her eyes.

"What?" He asked innocently as he ran his claw under her chin, tilting her head up. She glared at him and it only made him chuckle as he lowered his head. She didn't turn away and accepted the kiss. He growled and held her face as he deepened the kiss, he was waiting for her to tell him to stop as she had each night before. Prepared on how to combat her arguments in order to get his way...

She surprised him though, when an answering growl escaped her throat. The sound froze him for an instant, then his blood began to boil and his entire body became alert. He snapped his fingers and they were in their bedroom laying in their bed.

She smiled up at him and giggled.

"I take it you're feeling better my love? No more worries about the future?"

He growled at her and buried his snout against her neck, taking deep breaths of her scent. He closed his eyes and smiled, then he purred against her neck.

"Right now my love...all I'm thinking about is being with you. You've been rather cruel to me this last week darling." He pulled back and playfully growled at her and she laughed.

"It was necessary for your recovery husband...you needed the rest in order to get your strength back."

He rolled his eyes and kissed her deeply. He pulled away and ran a claw over her cheek, making her eyes close and a sigh escaped her lips.

"Darling...I'm more than able to be with you...no matter what's happened to me."

She opened her eyes and grinned at him. She gave him a soft kiss and then whispered,

"Well now you have my approval...Just...What about the kids? Are you sure they're…" He placed his claw over her lips and shook his head. He smiled at her,

"I put Flitter to bed an hour ago. Not an easy task either. She is back to her usual frantic and energetic self...I don't know if it's a good thing or not that she gets her energy from me? Things would be easier if she was more calm like you." He chuckled knowing that he was lying. Deep down it made his heart swell to see his little girl take after him in any way. She was going to be the tiny terror of Ponyville and it made him smile.

"And Kibou?" Fluttershy asked and he shrugged, returning to her neck to place soft kisses along it. He whispered,

"He's on the roof…"

"HE'S WHAT!" Fluttershy yelled and almost kicked him off the bed. He rolled over and wrapped his tail around her waist when she would have jumped off. He laughed and brought her back to him. He pinned her beneath him and laughed at her struggles.

"Love...darling...why are you...Flutters...baby please…" He continued to laugh as she kicked against him. He shook his head and smiled down at his beautiful wife. He loved her so much, even when she was being difficult. He wouldn't change a single hair on her.

"Why is he on the roof?" She asked, when she had finally stopped struggling. He chuckled again and leaned down to nuzzle her ear. He smiled when he remembered seeing his son and a certain blue pegasus walking towards the staircase leading to the roof before the others had left. He grinned and nipped his wife's delicate lobe.

"He has his reasons...now no more distractions love..."


*Two hours later, still on the roof*

Kibou stared up at the stars and smiled. Princess Luna always made such beautiful nights and tonight was perfect for what he needed. He looked down at the mare curled against his side. He had brought Storm up here with the intent of telling her everything. She knew he loved her, but he wanted her to understand just how much. So now they were laying on the roof, snuggled together having watched the sun set, they were watching the stars come out.

She looked up at him and smiled, her green eyes sparkling in the starlight. He grinned and leaned down to give her a gentle kiss. She sighed and returned his kiss, every time they were together his heart exploded. He pulled back and ran his paw along her mane, he sighed and cupped her face. Now was the time…

"Storm…" He purred and she blushed slightly at the sound.

"Y-yes…" She whispered and nervously reached up and stroked the necklace he had given her. He smiled when he saw it, happy that she always wore it.

"We haven't really had a chance to talk since...since the last time. So I wanted to finish that conversation…"

She nodded and swallowed slightly, but she was smiling up at him and he could swear her eyes were sparkling brighter.

"I love you Storm...I will always love you and only you. From this day on I will do everything in my power to protect you and keep you safe. Storm you are the most important thing in my life. My heart belongs to you, I am yours to command my love. I know we're still young, but I know what I want in my life. I've known for so long and it's why..."

He reached up and stroked the necklace and smiled at her.

"This necklace...it's my way of telling you...that I never want to leave your side. I want to be with you forever. Storm, you're the only mare for me and I will never love anyone the way I love you. Some day...I want to be able to ask you one little question...and I hope is that you say yes…" He leaned over and nuzzled her ear. He noticed that her breathing had become shallow and there were tears in her eyes. He smiled and whispered,

"One day Storm Cloud...I plan on making you my wife…"

She gasped and leaned back to stare up at him. He smiled lovingly at her, his beautiful Storm. She was his heart, his joy, his laughter, his love. He could never be as happy as he was with her. She threw her arms around his neck and cried against him shoulder. He stroked her mane nuzzling her mane and breathed in her sweet scent.

"Oh Kibou...I...I love you too...I never want to be with anyone but you. You are my other half. I promise, whenever you ask me to be your wife...my answer will be a most definite YES!" She shouted laughing. He laughed along with her and pulled back to kiss her again. He held her close and kissed her deeply, pouring all the love he felt for her into that single kiss.

He snapped his fingers and pulled back. She smiled and turned suddenly when there was an explosion behind her. Her eyes widened as fireworks filled the sky, they formed two shapes. One was her and the other was Kibou. She smiled at him and sat at his side as his magical show continued.

He grinned and got an idea...although it was cheesy and like he had said earlier...they were really young. However he wanted to pledge himself to her now. He snapped his fingers again and she couldn't hear because of the fireworks shaped as their parents. He held the velvet box in his claw and gently moved away from her. She didn't notice, too focused on the show.

He took a deep breath and as his father had taught him, he stood up on two feet. Then he turned to the fireworks and pointed at the sky. Suddenly a giant rainbow of colors exploded in the sky and the words appeared out of the colors,

'HOW ABOUT NOW? TURN AROUND STORM...'

She frowned and looked behind her, she gasped when she saw Kibou standing behind her. He had made a tux appear on his body and he was smiling down at her. Then he slowly knelt to one knee and held out the small box for her to see. He opened it and she was crying as she stared at the ring inside. It was like her necklace, the gem would shift between colors, a dance of rainbows.

She looked back up at Kibou and smiled. He whispered, his throat suddenly tight,

"Storm Cloud...even though we are still kids, that doesn't mean we can't make the promise now. I want to ask you, so you know that my mind will never change. I love you and want you to be mine...Storm...my beautiful, strong Storm...will you marry me?"

She laughed and tackled him shouting,

"Yes! Absolutely YES! Oh Kibou, it doesn't matter if it's now or in ten years! I will marry you whenever you want to!"

He laughed and hugged her tightly against him. He used his magic to make the ring hang from the necklace around her neck. He held her head in his hands and stroked her cheeks.

"I love you my dearest Storm Cloud…"

"I love you more my sweet Kibou Chaos…"

They held each other tightly and shared another deep kiss. More fireworks exploded behind them forming the letters,

'K+S 4EVER'

Kibou looked at them curiously...he hadn't set those ones off. Before he could question them though Storm pulled him back to her and he purred as her soft lips met his.


The two friends were sitting on a cloud above the castle smiling down at their children. Even though the two had started out hating each other, they had slowly grown more fond of the other. After everything that had happened, neither could deny that they were true friends. Now it seemed that their children had found each other and, unlike their parents, had no doubts about their feelings for the other.

"See I told you she was still up there." Discord whispered as he smiled down at the little love birds. He was so proud of his little hope. He had watched the whole thing and had to wipe away some tears from his eyes. He glanced over and noticed Rainbow do the same, she nodded and smiled over at him.

"Yeah...I knew it was only a matter of time...I'm just glad the two of them will be happy together as you and Fluttershy are." She whispered back, then she grinned and playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"Guess this means we'll be family after huh?" She chuckled and Discord frowned at her.

"What do you mean?" He asked and Rainbow looked at him as if he were completely dense.

"Well you saw what just happened...you were up here when I showed up, so I know you saw more than me…why were you up here anyways?"

He chuckled and looked at the kids who were now laying down snuggling together for the night. He smiled when he thought of his own beautiful, sleeping wife.

"Fluttershy asked me to check on him before she fell asleep and I got distracted by everything…"

Rainbow nodded and then frowned at him again, getting back to the matter before.

"Okay...so what don't you understand about us becoming family once those two are married then? I mean I knew you were an idiot, but really Discord, even you should know our families will be one after this?"

Discord looked at her and a smile spread across his face as he wrapped his tail around Rainbow giving her a slight hug before standing up. He looked down at their children and sighed, then grinned at Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash...I wasn't confused about that...I meant about you saying we would become family...it wouldn't matter either way...you've always been my family my dear." He took off into the sky leaving Rainbow gaping at him.

Discord teleported back into his bedroom and curled around his sweet wife. She snuggled back against him and he kissed her head. She yawned and whispered,

"So is Kibou okay? You were gone for so long…"

Discord grinned and stared out the window. He nuzzled his snout into her hair and whispered,

"Yeah...little hope is okay...and he will continue to be from this day on...he's found the most important thing there is in Equestria…"

Fluttershy rolled over and frowned at him, he stroked her cheek and answered her unspoken question.

"He's found a beautiful mare to love...and who loves him...one who accepts everything about him. Who looks past all the bad and sees the good on the inside. Who makes him want to change for the better, and makes him happier than anything else in this world. One who he can't possible live without...who will be by his side for all eternity. Working through the good and bad to make the other happy. Who he can give his whole heart to...knowing she will keep it safe and cherished…just as he deeply cherishes her." His voice had grown raspy as he had said this and Fluttershy's eyes were filling with tears. She smiled up at him and whispered,

"Are we talking about Kibou...or you?"

He smiled lovingly at her and leaned closer to her, resting his lips against hers, but not fully. He sighed and whispered against her lips.

"A little bit of both...I love you Fluttershy…" He closed the distance and kissed her deeply. Pouring all the love he felt for her into the kiss, so she would know just how important she was to him. So she would know just how cherished she really was and how much he deeply loved her. He held her close and ran his claws through her hair. He pulled back for a second just so he could whisper again,

"I love you Fluttershy...I will never leave you again my heart...I love you so much…" He pulled her to him again. Knowing deep down that just like his little hope...he would be okay from this day on...no longer was he The Lord of Chaos...and he never would be again.

Because I'll have my beautiful Fluttershy to love for all eternity...

THE END

Author's Note:

Okay everyone:pinkiehappy: that's it for the 'Mending Series' I hope you all enjoyed this. I want to thank all those that have taken the time to read my stories and shown their support, you guys are what encourage me to continue writing and I'm so grateful to have people enjoy my work. Hopefully I'll be back soon, see I'm on a mini-vacation from writing and as soon as my brain has rested I shall return with more Fluttercord along with me!

Comments ( 9 )

That WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Amazing series of stories. Sad to see it end; I was hoping to see how Silver and Gold would make things up to Kibou. But still, absolutely amazing read.

5272576 Well to be honest I am going back and forth on a plan to write a fourth book, but it would be to expand on a different character. Flitterbee, I feel like I cheated her somehow...I want to expand on her character and her relationship to her father, but it's still in the workings of my mind and I don't know if people would even want to read a fourth one, since it wouldn't be a romance...which is my strongest genre... I don't know I'm still arguing with myself on it.

I've read the mending series four times now and I absolutely love it 100% It really hits you in da feels! I love how it's written and the story is just amazing! Each time I read it I love it more! And it's even better cause i'm crazy for Fluttercord!!!

Your Awsome!!

This sires is so awesome! You continue to impress me.:twilightsmile:

6309752 thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it

I hate this. I mean, how come I can't give these stories more than one like? They are so bucking adorable and sweet and cute and SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Login or register to comment