• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 6,696 Views, 245 Comments

Queen Meets Princess - Admiral Q Ponyform



Changling Queen Twilight Sparkle was just hanging at her hive in Everfree when she gets a surprise visitor. Herself

  • ...
39
 245
 6,696

Spike! SPIKE!........You're not Spike. (Uneditted)

It's been a while since Rainbow has seen Twilight this bad. The last real time it was this bad was the 'Want it Need it' episode when she went postal over a possible late report on friendship. Rainbow was doing her best to shield the Link from Twilight's postal mode as she watched her sister pace back and forth with her mane going everywhere. In ANY other situation Rainbow would have found this a bit funny. After the initial shock of seeing another Twilight, one that seemed to be an alicorn, they had the alicorn sent to the medics and they did tests. A BUNCH of tests, tests that made Rainbow glad she didn't have lunch. And all of that testing came down to these facts. One, the alicorn was perfectly healthy but exhausted in magic. Two, that beyond any shadow of a doubt that a doubt that genetically the alicorn was Twilight Sparkle.

While Twilight was muttering and pacing Rainbow heard her name called over the Link.

<Rainbow Dash, why did I start to feel Twilight panic before I felt a shield go up?>

<Well because we had a weird magical mishap and we have an alicorn Twilight.> There was a minute of absolute silence over the Link.

<WHAT!? MY daughter is now an alicorn?>

That got even Twilight out of her panic.

<No she is still a changling queen Caddy but we also have an alicorn Twilight. Our doctors confirm that.> Another very long pause over the link. Then Rainbow thought she felt a facehoof over the Link.

<It's karma, it has got to be karma.> Cadista muttered over the Link. < All that me and Yumia wanted was to better our race and while we have finally achieved the means to do so the world sees fit to throw curveballs at it.> Caddy sighed over the link and Rainbow stopped shielding Twilight since she had seemed to calm down a bit. <How are you doing daughter?> Cadista asked Twilight.

<Confused, a bit freaked out but getting better. Doing the breathing exercise Cadance taught me.>

<Alright, what has been done about this other Twilight?>

<Since she's still sleeping she has been put in a room in the old Phoenix. No windows for her to see out of but has everything she needs. When she wakes up I'll resume my old pony form and see if I can't get some answers out of her. Twi pay attention over the Link because I'm sure she'll say things over my head if she's an egghead like you.> Rainbow reported.

<Okay we have a plan, but make sure this Twilight doesn't see us in Changeling form till we know more.> Queen Twilight said.

<Okay, you girls take care of this situation. Me I'm going to find the biggest table with stuff on it and flip it.> Cadista cut her connection while the Changling sister looked at each other

* * * * * *

Twilight was sore and tired. With a groan she yelled out.

“Spike, SPIKE!” She yelled out and groaned when she heard no response. She finally opened her eyes and the quickly went wide. This wasn't her room in the castle or the hospital in Ponyville. Where was she? She tried getting up but she was so weak she couldn't move far. She looked around again. The room was made of iron she guessed and completely enclosed, so she had no clue where she was. “Hello? Is any pony there?” There was a noise and the wheel in the middle of the door across from her and opened and a blue figure poked their head out.

“Hey Twi, the docs felt you could use a familiar face.” Twilight sighed in relief at the sight of one of her closest friends. The Pegasus came in with a tray of food. “They also said you would likely be hungry from the magic exhaustion.” A growling came from Twilight's stomach, Twilight gave a small chuckle.

“Looks like they were right, but where are we Rainbow? This certainly is not my castle or Ponyville General.” She took an apple and bit into it. The juicy and sweet taste screamed Sweet Apple Acres so she was at a place that got them.

“You're in a secure facility in Equestria for your safety. So Twi what's the last thing you remember before waking up here?” Twilight ate some more before answering.

“Well I was in my castle working on a new spell. After my trip through the mirror to help out Sunset Shimmer against the Sirens I thought to test the limits of teleportation. If it worked right I would have ended up in the Crystal Empire. Clearly something went wrong.” Twilight frowned trying to figure out what went wrong, then another bodily function called to her attention. “Um Rainbow, bathroom?” Rainbow pointed behind her and she raced as fast as she could and shut the door before taking care of business.

When she emerged and tried to stifle a yawn. Rainbow smirked at her.

“Come on Twi, lay down and get some rest.” She was about to argue but another yawn came through.

“Ugh, fine.” She laid back down on the bed and felt Rainbow put a blanket over her. “Thanks Rainbow.”

“Hey, I never leave my friends hanging. You just rest for now, you're safe here and if you need anything the intercom is by the door.” Rainbow pointed to said door and Twilight nodded. Twilight closed her eyes and quickly felt asleep.

* * * * * *

Rainbow shut the door behind her and reverted back to her Queen form. It had been odd being a pegasus again. Even odder that she should feel odd about that, guess it should how much her life has changed the past year or so. Going from a Lieutenant in the Wonderbolts to being Co-ruler of the Phoenix Roost with her now sister Twilight.

<So what do you think sis?> Rainbow asked over the link.

<We she does sound like me and I would try a spell like that. But I have no idea who this Sunset Shimmer is or these Sirens. I'll asked Princes Celesita about that. I'll try to do some research on why coiuld happen with such a spell.>

<Okay, I'll take care of the other egghead.> Rainbow switched to the general channel of the Link. <Now here thus, any lings on shift to take care of Alicorn Twilight make sure you disguise yourself as a pony. We don't know how this Twilight will react to your natural form.> With the word spread Rainbow went to take care of her duties.

* * * * * *


It has been some time, maybe a couple of days Twilight couldn't figure it out without a window or clock. Rainbow stopped by often keeping Twilight company. It was nice to see a familiar face among the ponies that tended for her but something was off about Rainbow. She wasn't sure what but something was off. She was also tired of this room, she needed to stretch her wings and couldn't do it in her room. Also the book that Rainbow brought in were one of a kind from the old Royal Sisters Castle that should be in her castle. Questions were being raised and she needed answers. She reached the door and tried to open it but it was locked. Well thankfully she has seen the other side of the door and quickly teleported to the other side. The hallway was metal with a metal grate floor. Picking a direct she walked the hallways.

For minutes she walked till she got to a window and looked in shock. The view she saw was the old Royal Sisters Castle but it looked like it was being repaired. She also was the forest around it cleared with several houses and shops built on the site. She saw several lavender, cyan, and gray figures everywhere but couldn't make out details. She moved on with more questions being raised. She continued walking, going up stairs she saw a few more openings and saw what had to be an airshipyard but it had vessels that put anything she saw in the past to shame. She heard vices ahead and saw an opening in the wall five feet ahead. She was about to peek around when she heard from being her.

“You shouldn't be here.” Twilight looked behind her and saw a pair of ponies. They both have the same lavender cost she did and even the same colored manes, an almost black blue with a purple and orange stripes going through them. But what really got her attention was the fangs on there muzzles, the glowing blue eyes, and the holes in there hooves. Changelings! They were changelings, albeit not like the ones at her brother's wedding but still changelings. Twilight did what any self respecting pony would do.

She scrambled back and screamed.

“What the hay is going on!?” A voice asked, a familiar voice. Twilight looked through the open to she a changeling as tall as the Queen from the wedding, but this was different and more disturbing. While it had the holes, slitted eyes, fangs, and those weird crowns on her head. The wings were a like an insects but clearly changes were made, what for she had no clue. No what disturbed her was the other features. Like the two changelings in front of her this queen had fur instead of chitin, but it was cyan blue. Her mane and tail were a rainbow of colors in a familiar pattern. The slitted eyes were a magenta and with a coup de grace on her flank. On the cyan blue flank was a cloud with a spectrum lighting bolt coming from below.