• Published 9th Nov 2014
  • 716 Views, 2 Comments

Equestrian Link - Sunstar



Given a new life in a different kingdom, Link must unlock his sealed memories and set the Elements free to defeat Ganon.

  • ...
1
 2
 716

A New Prince is Born

Author's Note:

Hello! Sunstar here! Welcome to my newest story. Feel free to tear me apart with constructive criticism! This is actually my NANOWRIMO Novel, and I've decided not to do NANO this year. I decided to share it with you all after a lot of deliberation. The new Prologue is here. like this one much better then my last one. I am going to try to get Chapter One out within a week.

**Story background**

Hyrule sits to the east of Equestria, on the other side of the Dragonback Mountains. This version of Hyrule is the Twilight Princess version. It is the Hyrule I know best. I'm still exploring the over world and finding new things. All Hylians are their twilight princess versions. Yes, that means Medna will be turning up. I do have a few OCs popping up. Aries is the twin brother of Celestia, and lives in New Hope, a small city inside the Everfree. He rebuilt the castle of the royal pony sisters and renamed it Castle New Hope. New Hope is known as the city of second chances. Many ponies living in New Hope came there to turn their lives around. Trixie and Sunset Shimmer call New Hope home. Aries works closely with Luna to maintain the tides. He can raise the moon in a pinch, and with Luna's help, the Sun. Like Luna, he was banished for a 1000 years but on Mars instead of the moon. He was tainted with darkness like Luna, and after what happened to Luna, he told Celestia to banish him too so he wouldn't cause any harm. He returned as Nightmare Mars and was freed through the Elements of Harmony. He is close to Fluttershy. Aries was the one who cast the spells to hide the main six. Twilight is a unicorn here. My other OC is Sunstar, whom I swear is not a self insert. She is the mother of Celestia, Aries, and Luna. Okay fine, she's a self insert. She is the reason why pony kind controls nature, and the reason why Equestria came about. Sunstar spends her time in a station perched on the very edge of the atmosphere studying nature with the hope of fixing her mistake. Her part isn't big, and she'll be around in the early chapters, before returning to her station. Enjoy the story!

The sky burned. It was blood red, each cloud a ball of flame. Below, two beings charged at each other. One was a tall black man with fiery orange hair. He wore a suit of black armor. A great shield and sword were his weapons. The other one was a teen of sixteen years. He wore a green hood and a green tunic over white riding breeches. He gripped a sword and shield of his own. Deftly, he met the charge and turned the blade aside. They were locked in a deadly dance of parries and stabs. They moved quickly over the plain, their moves a near blur to the naked eye. It was dead silent save for the clang of sword to sword. The teen chucked his shield aside. The man did the same, their moves becoming even faster. Nearby, a well dressed woman watched worriedly. She was known as Princess Zelda. Zelda stayed put. It was up to Link to stop Ganon. Ganon finally got in a lucky hit, his sword piercing the teens left side. Link gasped sharply, his hand going for the wound. Warm, sticky blood oozed out between his fingers. Zelda rushed toward Link.

"S-stay back, Zelda!" Link rasped painfully. He focused his mind, blocking out the pain. Zelda joined him.

"Please, you are injured! Let me fight in your stead!" Zelda drew out her rapier.

"No, Zelda." Link narrowed his eyes, "I will finish this!"

"How, hero? You can barely stand. How will you stop little ole me?" Ganon cackled madly.

"If one of the three of us dies, the Triforce will return to the earth and slumber for a thousand years!" Link tensed, "You won't risk Power!"

"I do not believe that old myth!" Ganon surged forward, but was met by Zelda. Rapier whirled gracefully, blocking the large broad sword as if it were a delicate butterfly. It wasn't long before Ganon disarmed the princess, her rapier flying from her hands to hit the ground. Link had dropped to one knee, his face pale from pain and blood loss.

Zelda's eyes went wide in horror. Ganon raised his broad sword and shot forward. Zelda squeezed her eyes closed, waiting for the bite of sword to pierce her flesh. With her death, the royal line would come to an end. Her home would slip into civil war. She would never get to be a wife, nor a mother. The pain never came. She must have died so fast her body couldn't register the pain. Wait, she was still breathing. Why was there no pain? Slowly, Zelda opened her eyes, and screamed in shock and horror. Her mind threatened to blank out.

Link stood in front of her, his body slightly trembling. Ganon's sword jutted out of his lower back, the wide blade soaked with blood. Ganon stood with his mouth open, shock written on his face. Link seemed to sag against the blade nearly cutting him into two. Slowly, his body slid off the blade to crumble onto the ground. Zelda caught him and went down with him.

It was then that reality threw itself out the window in an attempt to end itself. Sadly, it hit the cleverly placed trampoline put there by fate. They got into a squabble and decided to go their separate ways.

A tall black horse with wings was galloping toward them. Link blinked, wondering if this was how death happened. As the horse came closer, he realized the eyes were wrong. They were blue and dragon like. There was something else. The horse had a horn.

"I'm too late!" Wait, what? Did the horse just talk? What was with its mane and tail anyway? It was blue and it moved in its own wind. "Ganon!" The mare turned on Ganon. Her horn lit up and Ganon screamed. He was surrounded by darkness which shrunk around him and vanished. "Oh Link, this is not how your story ends!" The mare knelt next to the dying teen.

"Who are you?" Link felt as if his head was full of cotton. It was getting harder to keep his thoughts together.

"I am Princess Luna, but right now, I'm Nightmare Moon. Everything is going to be okay. I can fix this." Luna answered.

"Why, Link? Why did you protect me?" Zelda didn't stop her tears.

"Princess, I fear I am too late." Luna lowered her head in shame.

"The legends never told us what to do should the Hero fall!" Zelda cried out, "I can't protect Hyrule!"

"I sealed Ganon away in the Realm of Darkness. The seal won't hold him long. I bought roughly 16 to 18 years of time." Luna looked pensive, "Zelda, there is a way of ensuring Link survives to face him."

"How?" Zelda asked.

"Rebirth. It is difficult to explain. Basically, he is given a second chance at life. When Ganon breaks free, he'll be ready to defeat him." Luna explained.

"Do I get a say in the matter?" Link rasped weakly.

"No you don't." Luna chuckled, "There is not much time." She lit her horn and lowered her head so the tip touched Link's head, "You are going to have a family that loves you. Things will be much better. I promise. You will not remember this life until it is time. Close your eyes and relax." Link let his eyes close. Everything faded away around him.


Celestia gasped, her eyes squeezed shut as a contraction gripped her body. Sweat coated her body, the result of the last eight hours of her labor. Her husband, Discord, rubbed her shoulders.

"We are close, so close to seeing our second foal. It won't be much longer. The hard part is nearly over." Discord encouraged.

"We have forelegs!" Midwife Mayberry looked up, "In about 20 minutes, you'll be holding your new foal. Here comes a nose."

Celestia bore down, pushing hard. Finally, the foal slipped free of her body and into Mayberry's waiting hooves. She removed the placenta and rubbed the newborn briskly. The baby gave his borning cry after Discord cut the cord. May berry smiled as she presented the newborn prince to his parents. The colt was a light tan with a pair of wings nestled at his side. He had beautiful blue eyes and his mane and tail were a rich blond brown.

"It's a colt! I got my son!" Discord bounced around the hospital room in excitement. Celestia smiled tiredly, looking down at their newborn son. The door opened to let a yellow, red, and white blur into the room. The little blur skidded to a stop at her mothers side to reveal an alicorn foal.

"I'm a big sister! What did I get?" The foal, Solaria, asked, "Is it like me?"

"Meet your baby brother, Solaria. He is a Pegasus. We have to wait for his teeth to come in to see if he has fangs." Celestia smiled.

Discord opened the window and stuck his head outside, "I have a son!" The window dropped on his head.

"He needs a name." Celestia replied, "What shall we call him?"

Discord pulled his head out of the window, "Gleaming Sword?"

"Solaris?" Solaria offered.

"Hmm," Celestia thought, "Prince Mystic Blade."

Luna joined them, "No, Prince Link."

"Link, I like it." Discord said.

"Little Link," Solaria smiled, which looked unnerving because of her tiny fangs.

"Link it is then." Celestia nuzzled her newborn fondly. The colt began to nurse from her after he found her teat.

"Will it hurt?" Fluttershy asked softly.

"It will hurt, but only a little." Prince Aries replied. Aries was Celestia's twin brother. He had rebuilt the castle of the royal pony sisters and renamed it Castle New Hope. A small city had sprung up around it. It was named New Hope. Aries was dark gray with red hair. He was an alicorn.

"Why can't we just blast this new enemy with the elements and be done with it?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Ganon is being held inside the Realm of Darkness. You would die the moment you stepped hoof into the Realm. It is a very dangerous place. The Elements would not work there. It is better this way. All you guys are going to do is sleep for a while." Aries explained, "I wish there was another way." Aries lit his horn.

It felt like the oxygen in the room was sucked out. Applejack tried to breathe. No air came to her starved lungs. She fell to her knees, or thought she did. She was floating? Her eyes were closing. There was a flash of light, then nothing.

Rainbow Dash panicked. In her air robbed mind, Aries was attacking her. Why weren't her friends coming to her aid? Growling, she charged at Aries. Wait, why wasn't she moving? She was floating? Rainbow Dash stopped thinking moments later.

Rarity gasped for nonexistent air. Her magic flared and sputtered out like a dying flame. She began to float. *‘This lack of air can't be good for my complexion, let alone my hair.'* she thought. She felt oddly calm. Photo Finish had the Boutique. It was the perfect spot to run his modeling agency, and design outfits on the side. While he was no Rarity, he could create some amazing pieces. Her thoughts stopped as darkness claimed her.

Pinkie Pie held still. The lack of air didn't bother her because she so rarely breathed anyway. She wanted to bounce but stayed the desire. She began to float which made her giggle. She was happy. Balloons floated, this must be what they felt, floating in the breeze. She'd have to plan a floating party so everyone could enjoy floating like this. Floating was so much fun! Of course she'd have to throw a Ganon's been defeated party first. This reminded her that she couldn't throw a Welcome to Equestria/Happy Birth Day/Welcome Baby Prince Link party. She deflated a little, but brightened up. She could throw that party after Ganon was defeated. Her mind went quiet a bit later.

Fluttershy couldn't breathe. She watched as the spell weaved around her, lifting her off her feet. She was calm. Her animals were going to be okay. Aloe and Lotus had promised to care for them. They both knew what to do. She could rest easy now. Scootaloo had moved in and also promised to help take care of them and watch the house. Fluttershy relaxed, and her mind faded away in sleep.

Twilight's magic flared, creating a bubble of air around her head. It popped, and she fought instinct to create a new one. She began to float. Spike promised to run the library. He would do a good job. She would miss him. This was for the best. It would not be for that long. For her, it would be an eye blink really. She faded into the darkness.

Aries let the magic fade. He held six crystals. Each crystal was a different color. Silently, he scattered the six crystals to the winds. Each one would fall into one of six ancient temples. Applejack would land in the Desert Temple. Rainbow Dash would end up in the Sky Temple, Rarity would end up in the Sea Temple, Pinkie Pie would land in the Volcano Temple, Fluttershy would land in the Forest Temple, and Twilight would land in the Shadow Temple. The temples spun and vanished. They would appear again when Ganon left the Realm of Darkness.

Aries knew that all they could do was wait. He headed outside where Sunset Shimmer and Trixie were waiting for him.

"My part is done. Celestia has birthed a colt." Aries said.

"A newborn Prince!" Sunset smiled, "Equestria now has two!"

"Three. Discord is one." Trixie corrected her friend.

"I forgot about Discord. I'm going to research the Realm of Darkness. It is better to be prepared." Sunset grinned.

"Trixie is going to practice her spell wheel, see if she can improve upon it." Trixie started, "Trix- augh! I mean I'm going to practice my spell wheel and see if sh- I can improve upon it. Trix-- I am going to be in the practice chamber." She was working on not speaking in the third person.

"Good idea. If the spell wheel can be fixed, it will really help the army, navy, and air force. It could help against Ganon too. Sunset, find out all you can. Spike can help you too. I'm going to go meet my new nephew." Aries spread his 18 foot wing span and took off.

Trixie focused on the spell wheel problem. She had come up with the basic idea while Twilight came up with the basic setup. The problem was weaving the spells into the wheel. Sunset had come up with the basic form of the wheel. The wheel was basically a glowing circle that floated before the conjuror with smaller circles around the wheel which held spells. Circles were not easy to work with. Basic spell craft used squares. There was Kirin magic which used triangles, and there was a type of magic that used runes. Wait, runes! Excited, Trixie teleported into the magic chamber.

Comments ( 2 )

You know that light blue tag that reads CROSSOVER?

I suggest you put it into use.

Oops! I knew I was forgetting something! Sorry!

Login or register to comment