• Published 7th Nov 2014
  • 2,676 Views, 48 Comments

Power Ponies Secret Origins - Grenazers



A trade Paperback containing six of the original Power Ponies origin stories, including one about a certain sidekick.

  • ...
1
 48
 2,676

Saddle Rager

MAREVEL COMICS PRESENTS
THE UNSTOPPABLE
SADDLE RAGER
The strangest mare
of all time!!

The Saddle Rager, a large, monstrous creature with immense strength that rivals even the most largest of beast. It shakes the very earth with every step it takes, its punches can shatter entire cities to ruin, its roars can be heard far off onto other continents. Who is this beast? Where did it come from? Is it a menace to our world? The answers to these question will be answered, down below.

Somewhere in the badlands, a small military outpost was getting ready for a weapon test. Inside the building the ponies were setting up preparations for their newest weapon, the magic bomb.

For years the Equestrians have been secretly developing this weapon. Making sure no leaks went out or any spies finding out about this. For years they slowly put the weapon piece by piece and now all their hard work will come to fruition.

While those ponies were busy working upstairs, down in the outpost's basement level, a lone mare was seeking a quiet place from her peers. The mare is a grey pegasus pony with long brown mane and tail and yellow eyes, her name is Serene.

“Finally a place I can get some peace and quiet.” She said to herself. Serene was a type of pony that prefer the company of silence and tranquility. However, with the preparations for upcoming weapon testing, things has been hectic around here. Ponies galloping around everywhere, lots of rushing and lots of loud noises. The mare couldn't take it so she convince her superiors to give her the task of cleaning the basement.

She didn't mind the dark and dirty place, at least down here she was away from all that crazy business upstairs. Down here it was quiet and she can work at her own pace. As Serene worked, she though she heard somepony talking. Listening in closer, she can make out a conversation. It was very faint, but she does hear the words, she just couldn't make them out.

'Who could it be?” She thought to herself. 'Probably Summers, slacking off again, should tell him to get back to work or else he'll get into trouble.

The mare then trotted further deeper into the basement, passing many old crates and barrels. The dust and webs on them indicated how long they been forgotten down here. As she got closer to the source, she can nearly make out the conversation. There was two or more ponies talking.

When she reached the room where the sound was coming from, the door was open ajar, allowing Serene to look inside. To her shock there was two strange looking creatures in the room. They resemble pony in shape, but with a alien like look. Their bodies were black, their eyes blue, they had insect like wings, a crooked horns and sharp pointy fangs.

“Do you have the research?” one of them asked.

“Yes.” The other one said as he gave a file to him. When he did, Serene could see the holes in his black hoof.

“Excellent.” The first creature responded.

“Should we return back to the hive?”

“Not yet, we need to see if their weapon works. If it does, then need we'll to stay longer and collect their results.”

“Then after that?”

“We kill everyone here.” Serene's eyes widen upon hearing this.

“But, how can we take all these ponies out?” The second one questioned. “There are only three of us and hundred of them!”

“Simple brother, We'll blow them up with their own weapon.”

Hearing enough, Serene was about to gallop and inform everypony upstairs, but she bumped into something. Looking ahead, the mare saw a tall military stallion standing before her.

“Thank goodness, Colonel Kickback, you're here.” She then points her hoof to the room. “Sir, there are two strange looking creatures inside that room. They're planning to steal the weapon schematics and data. We need to-”

Before she could finish that sentence, a bright green flash erupted from the stallion. The green flame engulf the stallion, leaving another black creature in his place. The creature then punch the mare, knocking her out.

The sound of her dropping on the ground, alerted the two creatures inside the room, making them come out.

“What was that?” One of them asked and then looked down and saw his answer.

“This pony has been eavesdropping on your conversation.” Said the creature who knocked her out. “She knows too much, we'll have to dispose of her.”

“What do you suggest?”

“I do believe I have an idea.” He smile sinisterly.

Serene's eyes lazily opened up, recovering from being knocked unconscious. The first thing she sees was the bright yellow sun shining its blinding rays onto her. She tried moving her hooves to block the sun, but found herself unable to. Looking down she saw that she was all tied up. Even more strange, she was out in the barren wasteland.

“Where am I?” She questioned. “What am I doing out here?” The mare begin to panic, but calmed herself and though this through. “OK Serene, deep breath.” She suck in a a lot of air and then exhaling them out. The method worked as she was no longer panicking, she was still worried, but not panicking.

“Alright Serene think, what was the last thing you remember?” The grey mare reached into her memories of the event that lead to her here. “I was down in the basement cleaning up the place... and then I heard some voices.......I went to investigate and then-” She stopped upon remembering those black creatures and their sinister plot.

“Oh no! They're going to kill everypony at the outpost! I have to go warn them!” She struggle with her restraint, but the ropes were too tight.

Suddenly Serene heard the warning alarm setting off. “Oh my gosh, those creature dumped in the testing field!” With time of the essence, the mare struggle more through her restraints. She then notice the ropes around her back was a bit loose, she slid her wings through the ropes, all the while the sound of the alarm continue to play.

Once she finally got her wings out, she started flapping her wings as hard and fast as she could. She was hoping to distance herself as far away from the testing field before the bomb goes off.

As she continued to fly, she heard a large sound breaking noise behind and turn her head. When she did, all she saw was a bright blinding light and then everything stopped.

Meanwhile, at the outpost, a couple of miles away from the testing field. The ponies inside witness the magic bomb going off. They all watched in amazement as the bomb generated a bight light in the distance, follow by the sound of blast wave reaching their position.

Everypony cheered for the success of the bomb and celebrated. As they all partied, three stallions were still looking at the bomb and smiled. Not only for the success of the bomb, but also the disposal of that mare.

Back at the testing field, the magic bomb left a huge blacken blast mark on the barren landscape. Near this blast mark, was a lone mare, lying on the ground.

At first glance she looked dead, but deep within, her heart was still beating.

END OF PART ONE

Fili-Second and Speed Dating

Down in the streets of Maretropolis, the costume speedster, Fili-Second was just on patrol when she spotted something that caught her attention. It was a local coffeehouse with a sign that advertise a speed dating event.

“Speed dating, huh?” She commented. “Sounds like my kind of thing.” The mare then zip inside the store and was met with a crowd of disgruntled mares and stallions.

“Whoa, why is everypony so mad?” Fili-Second questioned.

“I can answer that!” Said a deep masculine voice.

In a split second, Fili-second spun around and saw who was speaking. “Aggro! What are you doing here?” She questioned the large red mask wearing stallion.

“Well I just on my way to rob a bank, but then I came across this place.” He pointed to the store. “Watching these ponies dating each other reminded me of my fail love life. I then cast a anger spell on them and now they won't even look at each other.”

“That's insane, these ponies are innocent!” Fili-second responded.

“Bah, nopony is innocent! They'll always find someway to make me angry!” He retorted.

Thinking quickly, Fili-second must find a way to dispel his magic on these poor ponies or otherwise they'll never date in this city ever again. Using her super speed, the mare though of a hundred situation to solve this problem. Out of all of them, she picked just one.

She left the store and in a half a second later, reappeared right back. The mare was holding a bunch of Hostess chocolate cupcakes. She then proceed to give one to each of the stallions and mares in the store. Upon getting their snack, the once disgruntled pony smiled and started eating the little dark brown pastry.

“What no, hostess cupcakes!” Aggro shouted as he found himself being tied up by the costume heroine.

“That's right Aggro, nopony can stay mad after taking a bite out of a delicious hostess cupcakes!”

You Get A Big Delight In Every Bite Of Hostess Cup Cakes

PART TWO

In the military outpost stationed in the badlands, there is a room where injured soldiers go and heal up. However, since rarely anything happens out here, the room hasn't been put up to much use over the years. That is until one certain mare, sleeping on one of the beds.

The grey mare with brown hair laid on top of the blank white bed. A blue blanket covers the upper part of her chest, leaving both her arms and head uncovered. The mare slepted quietly on her bed as the door to the room opened.

The stallion that opened the door was Dr. Healthcare. The orange unicorn stallion trotted into the room and stood next to the mare. The stallion was here to check up on her and see if she is recovering or not. After a minute or two, he left the mare. Just as he was about to leave, he heard the sound of grumbling behind him. Turning around, he see the mare starting to wake up.

“Corporal Serene?” He said. “Serene?”

“Dr. Healthcare?' She said in a weak voice.

“Yes, it's me Serene.” He responded. “Are feeling alright?”

“Just very weak, doc.” She answered. “What happened?”

“I was hoping you can tell us that.”

“What do you mean?” Serene question the stallion.

“We found you out in the testing field.”

“What was I doing in the testing field?”

“I don't know, but you were there when the magic bomb went off.”

Shocked, Serene bolted straight up. “What? How? That it's impossible!

“Well Corporal, not only were you out there you also survived the bomb.”

The mare stared wide eyes at the stallion before lower head down and look at her two hooves. “How in the hay did I survive the bomb?”

“We don't know.” He explained. “Even the top scientist are baffled by this.”

Serene took a moment to let all this information sink in. “What's going to happen to me?” She inquired.

“For now, you're going to lay here and relax. We'll take care of the rest.”

The mare wanted to argue, but when she saw the reassuring smile on his face, she sensed that she can trust this stallion. “Alright doc, I'll do what you said.” Serene then laid back down and relaxed. When Dr. Healthcare left the room, the mare couldn't help but get a nagging feeling that she forgot something.

Meanwhile, in a secluded part of the outpost. Two stallions were in a middle of a conversation. “How soon will the ponies be done with their research?” The brown stallion asked.

“Soon, the ponies are just inputting the data now.” The blue stallion answered. “They'll be done in the next few hours.”

“Good, everything is proceeding nicely.”

Suddenly the two were interrupted by the arrival of their third member. “Brothers, we have a problem.” The yellow stallion spoke.

“What is it?”

“Remember that female you dumped in the testing field?” He address the question to the blue stallion.

“Yes, what about that pony?”

“She's alive!”

“What!” The blue stallion yelled. “Impossible, there is no way that pony could have survived!”

“Well she did and is now residing in the infirmary.”

The brown stallion then turn his eyes on the blue one. The blue stallion felt his gaze on himself and turn to face him.

“Looks you're going to have finish her off personally.”

“Why me?” He questioned.

“It was your task to take care of that female and you failed. Life has given you a second chance to complete it. Don't fail this time.” The brown stallion stated, threateningly.

The blue stallion gulp and nodded his head. “Yes brother, I won't fail this time.” He then left the two and headed for the infirmary. Intending to silence the female before she talks.

Back at the infirmary, Serene silently slept peacefully on her bed. As she slept, the door opened, but instead of Dr. Healthcare, it was the blue stallion. He spotted his target and approached her. Taking out a knife, he raised it above the sleeping mare.

“Lieutenant Bluestreak! What are you doing?” Dr. Healthcare demanded, as he entered the room.

The blue stallion turn around and eyed the doctor. “This isn't what it looks like.”

“Really? Cuz it looks like you're trying to kill Serene!” Dr. Healthcare shouted.

Panicking, Lt. Bluestreak, threw the knife at him. Dr. Healthcare, reacted quickly and used his own clipboard to block the attack. His opponent’s blade embedded itself on his thin wooden piece. When he lowered it down, Bluestreak was already up in his face. The blue stallion smashes his head against the wall, swiftly knocking him out. With this one dealt with, he turn to the doctor's clipboard and pulled his knife out.

Bluestreak then focus his attention back on the mare. Just as he was about to thrust the crooked blade into her chest, the blue stallion was struck hard, on the back. Apparently, Dr. Healthcare recovered quickly and used his magic to fling a bed table at the assailant.

Upon being hit, the stallion flash a green light and revealed his true identity. “What on earth are you?” Dr. Healthcare curiously questioned as he approached the down creature. Unknown to him, the creature's eyes quickly opened and bucked the orange stallion in his face. The black creature then proceed beat the stallion up.

The sound of fighting awoke the sleeping mare as she saw the strange black creature assaulting Dr. Healthcare. Upon seeing the creature, Serene instantly remembered what happened to her and what these things are going to do.

Suddenly the mare felt a strange feeling inside. She felt herself tensing up, her heart racing, and her adrenaline rising. She watch as the creature continue to harm Dr. Healthcare and wanted to pummel him.

The mare's body then begin to expand, her muscle mass increasing tenfold. The white gown she wore ripped, the bed she laid on shattered.

“LEAVE HIM ALONE!” The mare shouted, in her large, hulking form.

The black creature stared at the monster before him with a horrified expression. He dashed for the door, but Serene talked him through the wall. The wall of the infirmary broke, taking them to the hallway. The mare looked down at the broken creature and was about to finish him off.

However, she stopped herself, remembering that this isn't her, she is not a murderer. She lowered his hooves and return back to the infirmary. She picked the hurt doctor and brought him to one of the beds. As she laid him down carefully on the mattress, she heard somepony screaming behind her.

“M-m-m-monster!” Screamed one stallion.

“Set the alarm, there is a monster in our base!” The second stallion shouted.

Both ponies galloped out of there, leaving the mare alone. Knowing what will happen next, Serene needed to get out here. She galloped along the hallway, making huge thumping sound as she passed several terrified ponies. As she near the exit, she encountered two certain stallion that gave off a strange vibe.

She didn't what it was, but she gets a strange sense from them similar to the black creature she beaten. Serene then remembered the two other creatures and concluded that what these two are. She realized that she had to stopped them or else everypony here will die.

Changing her objective from escaping to stopping these two, the mare charged at them. The two stallions bolted and tried to get away from the rampaging beast.

“That monster is going after Colonel Kickback and Sergeant Knockout!” Shouted a stallion in military armor. “We got to stop it!”

A squad of crossbow wielding ponies aimed down their sights and fired their arrows at the beast. To their shock their arrows bounced off the beast's skin. Serene charge through the squad, making sure not to harm them to hard.

Squads after squads of ponies attempted to stop the monster, but none could stop it. Not even the unicorns and their advance combat magic could halt the beast.

Serene, soon cornered the two stallion to a dead end and charge right at them. Breaking though the wall, all three fell down on the ground. The mare looked up and saw the two unconscious bodies of the black creatures. Laying on the ground with her.

She then heard the sound of clamping armored hooves approaching near her position. She got and look into the distance. Using the muscles in her legs, Serene leaped. Taking her far away from the outpost as possible.

The group of soldiers watch in stun amazement as the beast flew away. They all began asking various about what the beast is and where it came from. One soldier notices the two black creatures and inform everypony else about it.

“What is it sir?”

“I don't know private.” Said the sergeant as he inspected the two black creatures.”What ever it is, we can learn about it later. For now put these two in the holding cells.” The private and a few others, grab the two and carried them back into the base.

The sergeant then turn his head to the great barren badlands in the distance. Knowing full well that the beast was out there.

A few miles away from the Equestrian's outpost, Serene finally stopped jumping and took a breather. As she took deep breaths, she could feel the adrenaline slowly fading, causing her body to shrink down, back to her regular size.

“I'm back normal.” She commented on her less hulking body. “Not sure why, but hey I'm not complaining.” Serene then turn head and stare into the direction where Equestria was.

“What to do now?” She asked herself. “I can't go back there, not in the condition I'm in.” She then looked down on her own two hooves. “This monster is a danger to them all. I barely controlled myself when I almost killed those creatures.” She stood there for a moment, contemplating on what to do.

After some long thinking she came to a conclusion. “I have no home in Equestria anymore.” She then turn and face the rest of the badlands. “This is my home now. Better to be out here then back in Equestria, where this beast will do no harm.”

And with that, Serene trotting forward. Wandering further into the badlands.

THE END

Author's Note:

Saddle Rager would spend some time in the badlands, learning to control her hulking monster form. When she finally got it under control, she would later return to Equestria, becoming a hero.

Three down, three more to go.

Hope you all enjoyed this one.