• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 1,435 Views, 22 Comments

The Great Princess Race - TheGreatEater



All Princesses have built in Seat belts. And sometimes they use them for ridiculous reasons.

  • ...
13
 22
 1,435

Chapter 4

It took time for the princesses to pull themselves off the Filly Magnet formerly known as Spike. Cadance looked at Spike and giggled at the look on his face. While Celestia, ever the prankster took a picture to make copies of for later.

"Now that everypony is done molesting my "baby" dragon -" Twilight started to say before being cut off.

"There's nothing baby about that dragon," Rainbow Dash interrupted eliciting a chorus of giggles.

"As I was saying, now that you are finished. We can draw lots," Twilight huffed.

"Well nows a good a time as any," Celestia sighed now that her fun was put on hold. With a golden burst of magic, four randomly sized straws, each one with a name of the crusaders and Spike on it were summoned, "Spike you shall have the honors of holding our fate in your very capable claws."

Floating the straws over, Celestia gave an unsettling grin, at least for Spike and Twilight, the rest ignored it in favor of giving Spike varied levels of awe and attention.

"Okay ... I guess. Although Celestia?" Spike replied.

"Yes Spike," Celestia said with a demure giggle.

"For this prank of yours, no massages for a week," Spike said defiantly.

To which Celestia deflated. Spike's massages were a thing of legends. Even for a many millenium old goddess such as herself, had never experienced such great pleasure from a massage as she did from those magic claws of his.

"Buuuutttt Spiiiiike!" Celestia whined. To which everypony, even Luna's, jaw dropped. Seeing as nopony had ever seen her whine. Other than Luna but that was when they were still fillies, and Celestia wanted the last cookie from the cookie urn.

"No Celestia, while it's cool that all the fillies ... and mares want me. You are going to have to suffer the consequences of your actions," Spike countered. Having learnt to battle whines and most levels puppy dog eyes from Twilight when she was in the middle of a study bender. Or needed a guinea pig for her more ... eccentric experiments.

But that was nothing compared to Celestia who invented the look, and could do it almost as powerfully as Fluttershy could do the stare. Yet, our brave and noble dragon had the perfect counter. He ducked behind Scootaloo and yelled, "Save me and I'll be your assistant for a month!"

And so an epic battle of adorableness raged on. But that is a story for another time.

***

Eventually the battle was won, and lots were drawn. Twilight had Scootaloo, Luna had Sweetie Belle, Celestia had Apple Bloom, and Cadance who danced before giving a friendly kiss on Spike's lips got the Hero of the Crystal Empire.

Out of all the winners, Celestia was the only one who looked down. Apple Bloom looking at the weird get up that Celestia had strapped on looked at her downtrodden face and asked, "What's wrong Princess?"

"No Spike massages for a month! NOOOOO!" Celestia wailed disparingly to the heavens.

"A-are they really that good?" Apple Bloom asked. All the other ponies in the room other than the Princesses looking at Celestia in rapt attention.

"For all the centuries that I have lived. Noone has ever given a massage as magical, nor as utterly amazing as Spike," Celestia sniffled.

"Awwww! Well I guess you were laying on whatever you were trying to do pretty thick," Apple Bloom responded bluntly, "But I'll see if me and the girls can't talk him down to at least a week ... maybe a day." She added hopefully.

"Thank you fair Apple Bloom. If you can do that, I shall shower you and whoever helps you with anything you could ever dream of!" Celestia replied, I might have to make room for a few more Princesses, but it will be worth it to get those claws to hit 'all' the right spots.

"Ummm ... Princess, you're drooling a bit," Apple Bloom commented.

"Sorry, and please call me Celestia, all you girls have proven yourselves already to do away with formalities."

"Alright Celestia, let's win us a race!" Apple Bloom cheered.

"Lets!"

***

Spike was not only grateful for Scootaloo's valiant struggle from the Adorable Eyes of Doom, but in keeping with his Dragon Code for saving his soul and principles. Decided to give Scootaloo a run down on Twilight's many functions that he had picked up from not only playing with her tail, but from experiments with her on unicorn tail and bodily function connect, that she made him do and record in triplicate.

"Okay, so first things first. You need to split her tail in two, and grab on to each end tightly."

"Why?"

"Because it'll be easier to handle. Now pulling her tail to the left or right, just over your shoulders will shoot a blast of magic. Pulling it mostly to your left will make her teleport in a random direction, and to your right will make her shoot magic glue out of her horn. And whatever you do, do not pull both ends straight back. For some reason it gives her magic gas, and sends her flying ... well before she was an alicorn and could actually fly." Spike lectured channeling his inner Twilight.

"Um ... I think I got like half of that. But I guess it'll have to do. Thanks Spike!" Scootaloo grinned wrapping the whelp in a hug.

"Yeah, no problem. Just be careful, I've seen Luna use those spiked, blue turtle shells before. They really suck. Well I got to go, have fun!" Spike said going over to the princess he was going to ride long and hard.

"Now before we start, I have goggles for each of you, so the mind horrors of Cadence's suit doesn't drive you all insane. Now I expect a fair race," Celestia announced before fake coughing into her hoof, "mostly."

With that everyone got onto their saddles, while the princesses lined up at the starting line. While Fluttershy stood before them on a cloud, just big enough to hold her body, readied the flag to begin with.

"Alright! Let's do this!" Rainbow Dash yelled, "On three! One! Two! And ...!" Pinkie's Party Cannon went off signaling the start of the race.

Author's Note:

Heck yeah. Spike, the Super Pimp. With the super power of having dexterous digits, and a tail of many uses.

I loved writing this chapter. Give the dragon some love, and set up more ... mature sidequel, someday in the future.

Now this fic has mostly been an exercise in myself spotting errors, and writing a story with as few grammar mistakes as possible. While something I'm not perfect at, at least I hope I've gotten good enough that it's not an affront against the English language :rainbowlaugh:. Anyways, next chapter is going to be the first part of the race.