• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 1,397 Views, 13 Comments

Transformers - StrangeBehavior



Before time began, there was the cube… Those infamous words sparked this epic crossover between ponies and transformers, plus a third party in the crossover mix, can you guess who?

  • ...
5
 13
 1,397

I - Beginnings…

Millions of years ago, there was a planet called Cybertron. On it lived the oldest known race of sentient lifeforms called the Cybertronians, metal robotic organisms whose origin was unknown. The Cybertronians lived in harmonious peace for millions of years, until a great civil war came to be waged on their planet, a period that came to be known as the Cybertronian Civil War. The war was fought over between two sides for complete control over their planet's supply of Energon, the fuel, ammunition, and lifeblood of all of Cybertron's lifeforms…

Upon one side was the heroic Autobots, lead by their benevolent and kind leader, Optimus Prime…
And on the other side was the evil Decepticons, lead by their malevolent and cruel leader, Megatron…

Near the beginning of the war, in a bid to expand his armies further, Megatron sought control over a mysterious artifact simply known as the Cube of the Allspark, rumored to be able to not only create new life, but also produce limitless amounts of Energon. The Autobots fought valiantly to defend the cube, but they were hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned by the Decepticons. But a beacon of hope came to the Autobots as seven glowing gems appeared and then a apparition of Prima himself, fended off the Decepticons, using the power contained within the Miracle Gems. The Autobots took their chance to send the mystical artifact far away from Megatron's grasp, and the apparition of Prima flew up and in a flash, disappeared, with the Cube and the Miracle gems…

Later on in the war, inspired by his defeat at the hands of the mysterious bot, Megatron now wanted power like what he witnessed that day for his own, and he knew where to get it, in a substance called, Dark Energon. He and several ships full of Decepticons stormed onto the space station where the last remains of Dark Energon was stored. To increase his power further after claiming the space station, Megatron had sent his newest recruit, Starscream to an old Energon supply station that feeds the station more Energon for his newest plan of conquest, poisoning the core of their world in Dark Energon, so that it will make his power infinite. But thanks to the efforts of the recently titled Optimus Prime, and several Autobots, Megatron's plan failed and resulted in the core to shut down, halting production of Energon for an undetermined amount of time.

The Autobots had fled their home of Cybertron, because as the core stopped making Energon, the planet will be unable to sustain or create new life, and become a barren lifeless wasteland. All but the last armies of Optimus Prime remained, to fight off Megatron and the Decepticons in preparation for their own departure. Eventually, after many Autobots and Decepticons have been lost, the remaining Cybertronians fled their planet too. But a fight between the two ships and their crews, the ARK and the NEMESIS, sent the Autobots and Decepticons drifting in stasis through a collapsing wormhole, never to be seen again…


In another world, lies the peaceful country of Equestria, a magical land of ponies and magical creatures, ruled by two sisters who controlled the rising and setting of the sun and moon. The eldest used her magic to raise the sun and make way for the day, while the younger raised the moon, bringing about the night. After a long time, the younger sister became resentful, as the ponies slept through her beautiful nights, and played in the day her older sister brought forth. One day, the younger of the two rulers refused to lower the moon, and became the legendary dark entity, Nightmare Moon, the elder regretfully had to use their land's most powerful treasures, the mythical Elements of Harmony, on her sister, banishing her into the moon…

A thousand years later, a young unicorn mare known as Twilight Sparkle had predicted that on the Summer Sun Celebration this year, Nightmare Moon with escape and shroud Equestria in eternal night. She informed her mentor, Princess Celestia, but was sent to supervise the location of where the Summer Sun Celebration will be held, a town called Ponyville. It was here where Nightmare Moon escaped and Twilight and five other ponies traveled to the Everfree Forest in search of the mystical artifacts that defeated Nightmare Moon before. Before long they found the physical Elements of Harmony, and realized they are the representatives of the elements.

With the power of friendship, and the unseen boost from the Miracle Gems, Nightmare Moon was defeated and revealed to be Princess Luna, the sister of Celestia. After Luna was reformed, Celestia tasked Twilight and her friends to study the magic of friendship, and the six friends made significant progress, until an old foe of Celestia and Luna appeared. His name was Discord, the mischievous spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. Initially stressed to the point of breaking the friendship of the six mares, Discord almost prevailed, but Twilight and her friends countered Discord's magic and encased him in stone. Twilight and her friends had faced hardship and foe over and over and won the battle each time, proving that teamwork and friendship will always prevail…


However, in another dimension, lies the planet of Mobius. It was here where the mysterious Miracle Gems had settled, being found by an ancient civilization and returned to their original resting place, alongside their controller, the all powerful Master Emerald. It was only that the anger of a mighty being used the power inside the gems that they had come to be called, the Chaos Emeralds. For thousands of years, no one knew the origin of the Chaos Emeralds, but legends of their unbelievable power had reached the ears of a man named, Dr. Ivo Robotnik. Seeking their power to build an empire of his own image, Robotnik plunged the world into fear, seeking the gems that will make him invincible…

Standing in his way is Sonic the Hedgehog, a blue hedgehog that can not only run faster than the speed of sound, but can draw out the true power of the Chaos Emeralds. Time and time again, Sonic had defeated Robotnik, and giving him a nickname, Dr. Eggman. Eggman, frustrated by his defeats became less obsessed with conquering the world, but became obsessed with defeating Sonic once and for all… Sonic made friends along the way and they together, put Dr. Eggman in his place, the frustrated scientist vowing revenge every time he has been defeated.

Unknown to any of them, these worlds were connected by the mysterious Chaos Emeralds, meant to converge when the time is right…

That time draws soon, and the lands of Equestria and Mobius will be pulled into a great conflict that began when their worlds were young, when the cosmic forces will now decide the end of the great battle waged millions of years ago…


Our story of this epic journey begins one night in Equestria long ago, when a young king and the alicorn who will become Discord look up at the star-filled sky, and see a massive object, burning in their planet's atmosphere.

The king said,
"What was that, Councilor Chaos Rift?"

Councilor Chaos Rift saw the object and answered,
"I have no idea my king, but it is something we should investigate, yes? I sense the object will concern the prediction long ago about your two granddaughters of the sun and moon, for their futures."

The object crashed into the mountains as the king said,
"We need to bring only those who we can trust, I fear if we inform the kingdom…"

Chaos Rift finished,
"Someone will use whatever that object is to end our world as we know it? Understood, but should you queen be informed?"

The king answered reluctantly,
"No…She cannot know, we have no Idea what that thing is, it could be our end if something is done incorrectly, and besides…"

The king's eyes followed the object as it crashed into a mountain range to the south, and finished,
"She is in need of all the rest she can get, since she is carrying my heir to the throne."

The two agreed and prepped a small party of those deemed worthy (a band of twelve ponies) and trekked to the mountain range where the mysterious object had crashed. It was almost dawn when the band of ponies had finally reached their destination, it was the very spot where the city of Canterlot will one day be built. Only the king, Chaos Rift, the captain of the royal guard who is an earth pony, the granddaughter of Commander Hurricane, and the unicorn blacksmith the king trusts completely, headed into the crater that was smoldering as a volcano.

The blacksmith said to the other four,
"Hmm…These mountains are made of a uniquely formed rock that is soft yet durable, it can absorb most of the stress of whatever made this crater…"

Hurricane's granddaughter, named Low Twister sarcastically commented,
"Wow, that is real interesting, who in the crack cares what these rocks are made of?"

The captain named Iron Flank answered,
"You should, your armor's metal is made from the same kind of rock, rookie…"

Twister ducked her head low as Chaos Rift said to the three,
"Stop talking, you'll lose your concentration on where it counts, your hooves on these steep ridges, I only have enough magic to save one of you, and I intend to save the king should it come to be."

The king spoke to his four companions,
"Shh! We're here…"

The five ponies made it to the center of the crater, and they can already tell that whatever landed in there, it was huge and made of metal. The smoke from the impact fires made it hard to see clearly what the big metal thing was. But whatever it was, the ponies felt from it a feeling that can only be descrided as like being in the presence of an almighty god.

The king called to Twister,
"Low Twister, please blow away the smoke if you will be so kind…"

Twister saluted and said,
"Yes sir, your majesty!"

Twister had created a powerful vacuum to die the fires then created a large tornado to clear away all the smoke that remained. The four others were protected by a magic barrier and when Twister had done her job, they got their first look at what the metal object was, a massive metal cube with heiroglyphs etched all over. The five stared at it, not believing their eyes, and not uttering a word until one of them spoke up…

It was Chaos Rift as he asked outloud,
"What in the name of Tartarus is that thing?"

They turned around when they heard someone screaming and saw one of their companions dropping from a fall that will surely kill her.

The king shouted,
"Chaos Rift! Catch her quickly!"

The alicorn did as he was told and levitated the unicorn to Twister to gently let her down. The sixth pony was the king's court magician, Twilight Cosmos, great-grandmother of Star Swirl the Bearded and many greats aunt to Twilight Sparkle. She had mustered the courage to come down with the others, but a piece of ledge she clung onto broke and fell the rest of the way down.

The king asked,
"Are you hurt Ms. Cosmos?"

The unicorn shook her head meekly, saying she was fine but terrified after that fall (most likely took a few years of life away too).

The king then said,
"Your timing is impeccable as always, since you're here, could you identify the hieroglyphs on this metal cube?"

Cosmos answered,
"By your command, King Nova Storm…"

After a half hour, Twilight Cosmos had finished inspecting the cube and said to the other five ponies,
"I am truly sorry your majesty, I cannot understand any of the heiroglyphs, let alone read them. They are completely unknown to me, I apologize my king."

Nova Storm inspected the cube then thought to touch the cube with his hoof. He did so that caused the other five to panic as they all said in disarray,
"Your Majesty! What are you doing!?"
"My king! Please don't!"
"Majesty! No!!!"
"King Storm! You can't touch it sir!"

The cube then sparked and glowed in an otherworldly light, then an old voice spoke in a language they couldn't understand. Then the cube cracked with electricity, and in an instant, Nova Storm was hit by a lightning bolt fired by the cube, shocking the other ponies around him.

They all shouted at the same time,
"YOUR MAJESTY!!!"

King Nova Storm slowly got up as Twister and Chaos Rift helped him up, with the councilor asking,
"My king, are you hurt?"

Nova Storm shook off the effects and said,
"C-Chaos Rift, bury the entire mountain range on top of this thing, that is an order!"

Twilight Cosmos asked,
"B-b-bury the entire mountain range?! That's a little excessive isn't it?"

The king simply replied,
"I know what this thing is now, it is an artifact of a civilization far from our world, it will draw attention, it asked to be hidden till the time is right, by burying it under the mountains."

The six got out of the crater and with the magic of Chaos Rift, King Nova Storm, and other unicorns, they collapsed the entire mountain range on top of the cube. Around six mountains worth of earth is now on top of it, blocking any and all energy signatures it could radiate, that was what Nova Storm want to happen.

He turned to the five ponies brave enough to follow him to the alien artifact when they returned home and told them all calmly but sternly,
"Understand this when I need you to trust me, absolutely no one is to go near those mountains. This artifact of the great beyond WILL draw the attention of what lies beneath those mountains, this object will either be the salvation or damnation of all pony-kind in the future, so I need you all to solumly promise to never reveal what lies beneath those mountains, I implore you to promise to never talk about the cube."

The five ponies said at the same time,
"We promise under your name, we will take our secret to our graves if necessary, king Nova Storm, grand ruler of the Empire of Equestria."

Thousands of years had passed, and the time mentioned draws near, for in one week, everything will change…

Everything WILL change…

Author's Note:

Whoa:rainbowderp:

A whole universe has been set up with that small tidbit of a beginning at the end? How exciting!

The backgrounds of the three universes are set up to set the stage for what will come and how these universes are inextricably linked together, I'm a believer in the multiple universe theory, so this story and others are actually real universes, separate, but linked together by invisible threads.

Whoa, just got all Zen there :pinkiegasp:, but leave comments and suggestions down below, any kind will be greatly appreciated, thanks:scootangel:

Oh:derpyderp2:, a quick little note about the timeline,

Transformers is its original timeline, with the center timeline since the last sentence, takes place between Fall of Cybertron and the 2007 film…

My Little Pony takes place in season 3, after Discord is reformed, but before Twilight Sparkle becomes an Alicorn…

Sonic's universe, hmm…After Sonic Unleashed…meh, think of something better, let me know…

Until next time…
Bye…