• Published 7th Nov 2014
  • 6,392 Views, 113 Comments

Family and Friends - conTROLLER234



A year after a child was born, Andrew Watkins, was having his first birthday. Things go bad after a while of being at home, and gets transported somewhere else, being saved by the horrible accident, by a young unicorn Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
11
 113
 6,392

Trapped

Family and Friends

Chapter 8

Trapped

- - - - -A Few Days Later- - - - -

Andrew was awoken slightly abruptly by what sounded to be three hyper fillies downstairs. He first didn’t have to open his eyes to know Twilight wasn’t in the bed with him, but he could guess Spike was still asleep. He finally opened his eyes, sitting up and yawning with a stretch. Focused on his relaxing he almost lost balance, causing him to quickly catch himself.

Now that he was really awake, he decided to go downstairs to see what was going on.

He walked to the doorway, the voices of the three fillies becoming clearer. He also heard Twilight talking to them.

“Girls, I know you want to meet him, but he’s sleeping right now. You’ll just have to wait-”

“Can’t we go surprise him or something?” One of the fillies asked, their voice sounding slightly tomboyish. From the doorway he could only see Twilight, and as curiosity took over, he walked down the steps towards the four.

“You can’t just do that, Scootaloo! What if you scare him-!” The filly talking suddenly gasped as he came into her view, she squealed in delight, causing him to look at her in slight surprise. “Awww! He’s so adorable!” She speed-walked over to him. He took a slight step back, Twilight noticed.

“Look girls, if you’re going to play with him just try not to scare him. He’s not used to new ponies yet.” Twilight ordered, stepping in front of Andrew.

“Now why would we do somethin’ like that? AppleJack already told us lots ‘bout ‘im.” The third filly followed up. She wore a big red-pink bow on her red mane, matching her yellow coat.

Twilight felt a bit uneasy about AJ telling other ponies about him. Even though it wasn’t a big problem, because at the party on Summer Sun Celebration, Princess Celestia did what she said she would do. Telling the town and explaining what needed to be told about Andrew so he could stay here with them. Twilight was still used to having to keep him cooped up indoors for days on end. To be honest, there was now a lot to get used to.

“I-It’s okay mom.” Andrew calmed, walking past Twilight, taking her slightly by surprise. Andrew wasn’t the shyest pony on the world, especially compared to Fluttershy. But he wasn’t the most courageous and outgoing either. She smiled as she watched him walk up to the fillies.

“M-My name’s Andrew,” He started, trying his best to relax. One of the ponies smiled, having a swirly pink and very light purple mane and tail. With a white coat.

“I’m SweetieBelle! And this is AppleBloom, and Scootaloo.” She introduced, the other two each let out their separate “hello’s”. Scootaloo suddenly stepped forward. And Andrew replied with one of his own, beginning to already feel more comfortable around them. Suddenly, Scootaloo, who had a bright orange coat and purple mane, jumped up and hovered in place with her pegasus wings buzzing wildly.

“We were planning to go on another adventure!”

“Cutiemark Crusader: Extreme Explorers!” AppleBloom chimed in.

“You should come with us! It’ll be so much fun!” SweetieBelle added, bouncing slightly with glee. But an unsure and concerned look from Twilight silenced them. They turned their attention to her.

“Please, can he come with us?”

“We’ll be careful, we promise!”

“You can trust us!”

“Please please pretty pleeeeease?

Twilight put a hoof to her head and shut her eyes tightly. “Yes! He can go!” She was concerned about Andrew, no doubt, but she mainly wanted the fillies to leave or at least be quiet. And She remembered back to when she was in the castle and what the Princess told her to do.

“I would like you to bring Andrew with you so he can make some friends and meet new ponies, and as I said in the message, I would like that of you too my subject.”

Twilight sighed and pulled her hoof away, smiling to Andrew as she became relaxed. Causing Andrew to feel the same as her as he grinned back.

“Have fun, Andrew.”

The three fillies and the one Andrew cheered as the three ponies pranced in circles around Andrew, until SweetieBelle stopped with a dramatic gasp. Causing the others behind her to slam into her backside. “Does this mean we have a new member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!?”

“Yeah it does!” Scootaloo hoof-bumped Sweetie.

“Then let’s hurry up ‘n get to the clubhouse!” AppleBloom yelled, already halfway to the door. The others pursued her, leaving through the door with a goodbye to Twilight.

- - - - -

They finally got to the clubhouse a little while later. With it being on Sweet Apple Acre’s land, and with Andrew’s stubby little legs leaving him quite slow, so it wasn’t the quickest trip ever. But that didn’t matter now, as at the moment the four were inside discussing.

“I know if ain’t much, but if’s all we haff right now.” AppleBloom explained through her teeth as she placed a pin onto Andrew’s shirt, that read: Official CMC Member. Making Andrew realize how small these ponies were. Andrew was growing pretty fast, so he was just barely an inch taller than them. But Scootaloo was the same height.

“We were thinking of making a whole ceremony or something like that, but that’ll take a while.” Scoots added, and behind her was an excited SweetieBelle.

“Come on guys, we don’t have all day!”

“Actually, that was sorta the plan…” AB mumbled, earning an adorable glare from Sweetie. Andrew finally joined the conversation.

“So, where are we really going?” He wondered, hoping it wouldn’t be too far from home. He didn’t really get homesick, (although he hadn’t really left the house besides being kidnapped) but he didn’t like the idea of Twilight worrying about him.

“We’re gonna explore the Everfree Forest!” The sound of that name made Andrew and SweetieBelle shiver suddenly. “Pinkie told me about lot’s of cool stuff in there!”

“Didn’t she also say you shouldn’t go in there?” AB frowned, and Scoots replied with an eye roll.

“Please, like she was being serious!” She said sarcastically, and AppleBloom mumbled something under her breath. Though it was probably obvious what it was about.

“A-Anyways, let’s get going. I don’t want to be in there when it gets dark.” Sweetie headed for the door, opening it up as everyone passed by her. They nodded in agreement.

Andrew shivered silently again as he thought about the Everfree Forest. He learned that, that was the place he was trapped in with Nightmare moon all that while. He already had bad memories with that place, and he hadn’t planned to make more. He stood tall and followed the others as they walked across the plains of grass and some forest of apple trees.

By the time they got there, it was just turning noon. And the rumbling of AppleBloom’s stomach was heard by the other three. “Maybe we should’a got lunch first.”

Scootaloo groaned. “Oh come on, we walked all the way out here so we could explore, not turn back and get something to eat!” AppleBloom shook her head in reply, washing away any other thoughts besides what they came for.

“Right.” She said, determined. “Ready everypony?”

The air filled with positive replies for a brief moment before they all walked into the forest.

Scoots, who had brought a small saddlebag with her carried a flashlight, which she then pulled out to shine the way as they walked. Andrew looked behind as he saw the outside light from the entrance disappear. He gulped quietly and turned back to the ponies. “D-Does anypony really know where we’re going?”

Scootaloo nudged his leg with her own. “Don’t worry, just stick close to me kid.” There was suddenly a scoff from behind her.

“Yer definitely startin’ to sound like Rainbow Dash.” AB rolled her eyes, though it wasn’t visible in the dark. But the squee sound that came from Scoots was very heard.

“R-Really!?- I-I mean, um, y-yeah! Of course I do!” SweetieBelle leaned close to Andrew and whispered:

“She does that a lot.” She giggled. Causing him to chuckle back. He almost forgot about being in the forest for those few seconds that they talked. He could already, almost, feel a strong future between the four of them.

After a while longer of walking in silence, AppleBloom finally broke in. “I hope y’all know where we’re goin’. Because I lost track along time ago.” Suddenly, Scootaloo stopped as her flashlight flickered, then shut off.

“S-Speaking of lost…” Scoots now worried herself. An: “Uh oh” escaped Sweetie’s lips as she gripped onto the nearest thing, almost like she would lose track of them at any moment in the darkness. Which happened to be Andrew’s arm.

“I-I can’t see…” Sweetie whined, hugging tighter. And Andrew instinctively hugged her back, both to make her feel safer and for his own sake.

“Just gimmie a sec to adjust, don’t worry SweetieBelle-”

“I can see.”

The ponies turned to the sound of Andrew’s voice. His eyes adjusted to the dark much quicker than the filly’s did. He looked around. “B-But I still don’t know where we are…”

“T-Try looking for our tracks! Maybe we can trace them back to where we started-”

Scootaloo’s speech was suddenly and violently cut off by a loud crack of lightning, and following were the sounds and feeling of rain as it began to pour down.

“Thanks fer the jynx, Scootaloo.” AppleBloom sighed, her eyes beginning to adjust. Now able to see around her and everyone who was huddled close. “Now what? Our tracks’ll be gone in a few minutes.”

“M-Maybe this wasn’t such a great idea…” Andrew added, still hugging onto SweetieBelle, and also Scootaloo who had come closer. They all muffled an agreement.

AppleBloom stood tall. “We can’t just stand around, we gotta hurry up ‘n find a way outta ‘ere!”