• Published 7th Nov 2014
  • 6,406 Views, 113 Comments

Family and Friends - conTROLLER234



A year after a child was born, Andrew Watkins, was having his first birthday. Things go bad after a while of being at home, and gets transported somewhere else, being saved by the horrible accident, by a young unicorn Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
11
 113
 6,406

Secrets Don't Stay Hidden Forever

Family and Friends

Chapter 4

Twilight walked out of the library, and took her first chance to look at the small town. Though her sudden line of sight was blocked by some light blue eyes and pink. She gasped and fell backwards, though the now figurable pink pony gasped louder, then disappeared. Twilight stood up, rubbing her head to analyze what had just happened but couldn’t come to figure it out. She looked around for the pony but didn’t find what she was looking for.

“Oooookay…” Twilight shook off her coat then continued on her mission.

Twilight stumbled slightly after walking a while, mumbling to herself as she levitated up a piece of paper and pencil. “Thinking about it now, this would’ve been a lot easier with Spike. I wonder if Andrew would be able to stay home alone- no, what am I thinking…”

She read the first thing on the checklist she had as she came close to a farm. “Sweet Apple Acres.” She looked around a bit, not sure where to start with the place, when something grabbed her attention.

“Yee-haw!”

Twilight saw an orange pony with a yellow mane gallop towards an apple tree, then kick it with her hind legs. All the apples in the tree fell into the bushels below.

“Lets get this over with…” Twilight walked over to the pony with a sigh. “Good afternoon. My name is Twilight Sparkle-”

She was suddenly cut off by the orange mare shaking her hoof at a rapid speed. “Well howdy doo Miss Twilight. A pleasure makin’ yer acquaintance! I’m Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres, sure do like makin’ new friends!”

“FfRrIiEeNnDdSs?? AaCcTtUuAaLlYy I-I UuUhh” Twilight tried to speak, though the vibrations of the hoof shake made it hard to.

“So, what can I do ya for?” Applejack let go then winked.

Twilight’s hoof was still shaking for a while longer, until she realized then stopped it with a slight blush. “Well, I am in fact here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration. And you're in charge of the food?”

“We sure as sugar are! Would you care to sample some?” Applejack said proudly.

“Well, as long as it doesn’t take too long…” Twilight shrugged, and Applejack suddenly ran towards what seemed to be a triangle.

Applejack rang it loudly. “SOUPS ON, EVERYPONY!”

Twilight looked to her left and gasped as she was suddenly trampled by a mob of ponies, who then pushed her to a table to sit down. Applejack stood beside her. “Now, why don’t I introduce y’all to the Apple family.”

Before Twilight and Applejack, stood hundreds of ponies, all in braids and their cutie marks had something to do with apples. “Thanks, but I really need-” Twilight went to leave, when an apple fritter was suddenly shoved in her face.

“This here's Apple Fritter. Apple Bumpkin. Red Gala. Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp,” Applejack suddenly took in a deep breath. “Big Macintosh, Applebloom, aaaand:” Aj shoved an apple into Twilight mouth, then pointed to somepony in a rocking chair. “Granny Smith. Up'n'attem, Granny Smith, we got guests.”

“Oh, wha? Soups on! I’m up, I’m comin…” Granny slowly got up and moved towards the crowd.

“Well, I’d say, she’s already apart of the family!” Aj wrapped an hoof around Twilight’s neck, who then spat out the apple.

“Ahaha, okay well, I can see that the food situation is handled, so I’ll be on my way.” She said nervously.

“Aren’t ya gonna stay for brunch?” Applebloom gave Twilight the puppy eyes, which immediately reminded her of Andrew. Speaking of Andrew, I wonder how him and Spike are doing? I hope they’re okay…

Everypony started at Twilight as she stood there, expressionless, slightly mumbling to herself. “Uh, Twilight? Are you okay?” Applejack inspected her closer, and Twilight suddenly jumped back to reality.

“O-Oh, sorry. Just, things on my mind.” Twilight then remembered the question from the little filly, biting her lip as she thought of an answer, then dropped her head as she thought of one. “Fine, I’ll stay.”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“Okay Andrew, I give up!” Spike threw his arms up in defeat. Andrew suddenly emerged from a closed closet and grinned at Spike.

“Again? Are you even trying anymore?”

Spike grunted. “Lets just try doing something else. We’ve been doing this for long enough.”

“Okay fine.” Andrew agreed and they both went to walk downstairs. When they got to the top of the stairs, the door suddenly opened. Andrew, who thought it was Twilight, went to run towards the door. Spike suddenly grabbed Andrew and covered his mouth when he was who walked in, or rather hopped inside with a crowd of ponies.

“What the? Who are those ponies?” Spike wondered, and Andrew whimpered.

“W-What if we’re being broken into?” His voice was muffled under Spike’s claw. Spike shook his head and put a finger to his lips to be quiet.

“Why are we here so early Pinkie Pie?”

“We need to set up of course! The rest of the ponies will show up after they’re done their jobs for the Summer Sun Celebration.”

Spike and Andrew both watched down on the crowd of ponies, mainly the pink fluffy pony who was hopping around and setting up party decorations.

“What’s going on Spike?” Andrew whispered. Spike quickly grabbed Andrew and hid behind the wall beside the door as he saw the pink one look up the stairway.

“It, looks like it might be a surprise party.” Spike explained, still whispering.

“A party? I’ve never had one of those before. Lets go come on!” Andrew again went to leave, but Spike kept his grip on him.

“We can’t let anypony see you, remember?” Spike told sternly. “We will just have to wait for Twilight to get back. She’ll help sort things out.”

- - - - -

Later

- - - - -

Twilight entered the library, tired and mumbling to herself. “Finally. I thought that would last forever. I gotta go find Spike and Andrew.” She sighed. “Where’s the lights?”

The lights suddenly flashed on as all the ponies yelled: “SURPRISE!”

Spike and Andrew were sitting upstairs, doing nothing and acting bored. They suddenly sprung up as they heard surprise and Twilight’s voice. Andrew knew now from Spike grabbing him multiple times to not get up and run. Spike got up instead. “Wait here.” He ran downstairs towards Twilight, who was talking to the same pink pony he saw from before.

Twilight sighed in relief as she saw Spike, and was easily drawn away from Pinkie Pie as she continued to blab away in the background. “There you are. Where’s Andrew?”

“He’s upstairs.” Spike replied, though Pinkie had now tuned into their conversation.

“Andrew? Who’s Andrew? Oh! Is he upstairs?” Pinkie started guessing random things, though Twilight denied everything, beginning to sweat. This isn't good
Some of the ponies, well, all of the ones that Twilight had met while doing her check list, had now gathered around to say hello to Twilight once again. Fluttershy, the quiet, yellow and pink pony, had seen Spike and suddenly gasped. “A baby dragon!”

She ran over to Spike and smiled brightly. “I’ve never seen a baby dragon before. He’s so, cute!”

The ponies stopped dancing and looked at Fluttershy, who then blushed and backed away.

“I need to go upstairs for a minute.” Twilight told, going towards the stairs.

“Why? What’s up there? Can I come?” Pinkie ran past Twilight, and so did Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity.

“No! Don’t!” Twilight yelled and ran after them, but when she made it back in the bedroom with Spike, everyone was staring at Andrew.

“Oh no…”