• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,784 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,784

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A couple of days later, Johnny was leading his team through the Ponyville market place where dozens of ponies were picking out foods and gathered them into their bags after paying the seller’s their bits. Behind him, the others followed, with Ironhorn carrying the stand on his back and Johnny carrying the bucket of Apples, though Sunspot looked less than pleased.

“Johnny… do we have to go to the marker?” Sunspot complained.

“Yeah, my Ma wants me to try selling more apples.” Johnny told her. “And I could use your help you guys. The more ponies, or Bison, helping the better. Please? It’ll help my Ma.”

Orchard Star smiled. “Do you really need to ask?”

“Yes, we’re in.” Ironhorn nodded.

“Totally!” Wave Crasher said, pumped. Everypony then looked at Sunspot expectedly.

“Darn peer pressure… fine! Besides, I was gonna say yes, anyway.” Sunspot told them.

“Thanks guys.” Johnny said, as he continued to lead them forward. “We’ll set up over here.”

Johnny lead them to a clear spot where Ironhorn set down the stand with the Apple logo on it and Johnny set the bucket of Apples down as well.

“Now what?” Wave Crasher inquired, confused.

“Now we encourage folks to buy our apples for a fair price.” Johnny replied.

“Ok, sounds easy enough.” Sunspot said.

“Nothing ever is.” Ironhorn informed her.

“Just watch me big guy.” Sunspot told him.

The Pegasus girl then stood in front of the stand and started calling out to various ponies walking by her.

“Come on over, Apples for sale! Come and get ‘em!” she called out. She then saw a stallion walking by. “You there, sir!”

“Uh… yes?” he said, slowly.

“Would you like to buy an apple? Their juicy!” Sunspot smiled.

“Uh… no thanks. I’m good.” The stallion said.

Wave Crasher then popped up. “Ok, how about this? You buy an Apple, and I’ll tell you a joke, how about that?”

“Quick! Buy one before he tells a joke!” Sunspot told him, desperately.

“Uh… bye!” The stallion said before he quickly took off.

“Hey!” Sunspot called out.

“Aw, and I had a good one too…” Crasher whined.

“What a shame…” Orchard muttered, trying to hide her sarcasm.

“Yes, tragic.” Ironhorn agreed, also sounding very flat. They the noticed Johnny placing some Apples in Bon-Bon’s bag and her giving him some bits.

“Thanks! Come again!” he said, smiling.

“Thank you, young man,” she said before she trotted off.

“Guys, I don’t think your gonna sell any Apples by bribing or threatening them.” Johnny pointed out.

“He is right.” Ironhorn nodded. “You must all be patient.”

“Yeah… really not my favorite word.” Sunspot admitted.

“We know.” They all said.

Sunspot groaned. “Well… at least it can’t get any worse…”

Suddenly the ground started to quake, startling everypony as they held onto something while the ground violently shook beneath them.

“W-w-what’s g-g-going o-o-on?” Wave Crasher asked as his voice shook. Everypony around, struggled to maintain their balance as the shaking continued.

“This can’t be good…” Sunspot voiced, grimly. “Oh… why did I say that?”

They all waited for whatever was causing the rumbling to reveal itself, then up ahead of them on the hill they could see a herd of cows coming towards them. They all looked scared and as they got closer to Ponyville, the townspeople quickly became scared also.

“Stampede!” Somepony shouted. Everypony around them started to scream and run around in fear while the kids just stood still and glanced around looking nervous before looking up ahead of them.

They saw that the cows were getting closer and because of that they could see that there was a lot of them, if they passed through town, they’d trample anything in their path.

“Oh… that’s a lot of cows…” Wave Crasher remarked, stunned.

“Indeed…” Ironhorn nodded in agreement.

“We gotta get out of here!” Orchard Star said.

“Yeah, let’s get this Apple rolling… on our heads!” Wave Crasher quipped as he put an apple on his head, which rolled off. “See, instead of hit our heads it’s now…”

“NOPONY CARES!” Everypony, aside from Johnny, yelled out in annoyance.

"We gotta do something!” Johnny added.

“What can we do against all those cows?” Orchard Star wondered, concerned.

“Simple, we have to divert the stampede away from the town, then stop them.” Ironhorn said.

“Ok, that sounds simple enough, let’s do it!” Wave Crasher said, pumped.

“Yeah!” The kids all said as they began to head out and help.

But before they could six certain ponies jumped out from out of nowhere and ran over to them, much to their surprise.

“Never fear! The grown-ups are here!” Pinkie Pie cheered as she and others stood in front of the awestruck kids.

“Wow! It’s them!” Orchard gasped.

“Oh, wow! Miss Pinkie Pie! It’s you!” Wave Crasher gushed.

“And Rainbow Dash too!” Sunspot added, she was amazed to see her hero in the flesh, just like Crasher was.

“Rarity and Fluttershy… Orchard added.

“And Princess Twilight… they’re all here…” Ironhorn remarked.

“This is so… cool!” Wave Crasher marveled. “The six ponies who saved Equestria… right in front of us! Awesome!”

“Ma!” Johnny cried, surprised by her appearance. “What are you doing here?”

“We heard the commotion and came as quick as we could.” Applejack said. “Now, you girls remember what I told you?”

“Yeah, you heard the cows together, we’ll stop him.” Rainbow nodded.

“Right!” AJ confirmed.

“But… what about us?” Crasher questioned.

“Stay right here.” Applejack ordered.

“What!?” They all cried, shocked.

“Ma, please…” Johnny began.

“Sorry sport, I know you wanna be a hero and all but this is too big for you, trust me, I’ve done this before.” Applejack told him.

“Yes, besides we don’t want any of you getting hurt.” Rarity added.

“The cows could bump into you, or run over you or hurt you or…” Fluttershy began to say, sounding more and more worried.

“The point is, this is our problem with solve, not yours!” Twilight told them, sternly.

“But we can help!” Orchard Star pleaded.

“Yeah, please!” Johnny begged.

“I said; you kids stay back!” Princess Twilight told him, firmly

“Yeah, we got this!” Rainbow Dash agreed, confidently before they began to race towards the cows.

“Kids!?” Sunspot exclaimed, insulted.

They all watched as the Mane Six continued to run towards the cows looking disappointed and frustrated, though Sunspot was the one who was the most frustrated with the situation.

“Ugh, what’s they’re problem? All they care about is how old we are!” Sunspot expressed.

Orchard sighed. “Oh well, I guess we should be used to things like this, huh?”

“Yeah… still I thought my Ma would have more faith in us…” Johnny admitted, depressed.

“She’s just trying to keep you safe from the really dangerous stuff, that’s all.” Orchard Star assured him, smiling gently. They then resume watching the grown-ups deal with the problem at hoof.

Applejack started off by running right by them, this startled them a bit while the others got into position around them all before they started running again. Then with Applejack leading the charge each of the girls side slammed the cows whenever one of them tried to break away and began to divert them away from the town.

“Wow, they’re so cool!” Wave Crasher said, jumping up and down excitedly.

“Well, they did save Equestria more than once.” Johnny pointed out, proudly. “I’ve heard all the stories.”

“Same here.” Ironhorn nodded.

“Yeah, that’s why Rainbow Dash is my hero… even if she is a bit of a jerk.” Sunspot grumbled.

“Never meet your heroes.” Orchard Star told her. “They’ll just end up disappointing you. That’s what my Mom says.”

Up ahead, the heroes of Equestria continued to herd the cows together and because of their formation, there was no chance of one of them breaking free and running off.

“Ok, girls, keep at it! We’ve almost got them away from the town, just stay in formation!” Applejack told them.

As they ran, Pinkie then noticed a red balloon float by, which quickly caught her attention and made her eyes widen, she also smiled brightly.

“Ooh! A balloon!” Pinkie cried, happily as she began to look at it while continued to run, not knowing where she was going.

“Pinkie! Look out!” Twilight shouted before Pinkie ended up diverting away from the formation and slammed into a tree. Everyone winced at that, sympathetically. Pinkie slid down the tree and tipped over.

“I’m ok!” she called out, with birds circling her head as she titled her head left and right looking somewhat dizzy.

However, because of the gap left by Pinkie, the cows managed to break away from the others and continued on their path toward the own.

“Oh no!” Twilight said, fearfully.

“Get in front of them, quick!” Applejack said as they ran ahead. All the way from the town, the kids could see the grown-ups struggling to contain the cows.

“Uh-oh, looks like they’re having a bit of trouble…” Wave Crasher observed, nervously.

“Yeah, no kidding!” Sunspot exclaimed.

Johnny watched his mother with a worried expression. “Ma…” he said, quietly.

They then saw them standing in the path of the stampeding cows and all gasped, shocked.

“No! They’ll be trampled!” Orchard Star said, alarmed. Seeing his adopted mother in harm’s way made Johnny tear up a bit.

“Ma!” Johnny cried out, as he began to run off.

“Johnny, wait!” Sunspot called out as she flew after him. The others exchanged glances and quickly began to follow them.

Up ahead, the Mane Six were getting ready to face the incoming stampede in the hopes of somehow getting them to stop but so far none of them had any ideas on how, and they couldn’t herd them like last time due to Pinkie still being a bit disoriented.

“Here they come…” Fluttershy said, fearfully.

“Twilight… do something!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“I’m trying to think!” Twilight Sparkle said, stressed.

“Quick! Think faster! They’re heading this way!” Pinkie Pie cried.

The Mane Six returned their attention back to the charging cows with wide eyes, but before they could move or do anything, Johnny and his friends ran over and quickly stood in front of them.

“Sorry we’re late!” Johnny said.

“Johnny! What are you doing here!? Get out of the way!” Applejack told him, panicking.

“No! I won’t! I know you’re trying to protect me, but I can’t just stand by and watch you get hurt! You're my Ma! I love you!” Johnny exclaimed, practically crying.

“Johnny…” Applejack breathed, touched.

“Um… hate to interrupt this touching moment but we got a herd of frightened cows coming our way!” Sunspot pointed out. She turned to Johnny. “Any ideas, kids?”

Johnny nodded. “Yeah, but first…” he began before turning to Applejack. “Ma! Got some rope?”

“Uh… yeah, why?” Applejack asked before taking a coiled rope out of her hat and tossing to Johnny.

“Girls, cut this rope into four parts then tie them around a tree up ahead and over here so that they form a square but don’t straighten them until I say!” Johnny said.

“Right!” Sunspot nodded as she took the rope and cut it up using her wings.

“Ironhorn get their attention, Crasher; make ‘em laugh!” Johnny added.

“Dude, I thought you’d never ask!” Crasher smiled.

“Now Orchard, get me onto the lead cow so I can direct it away from the town and towards our trap.” Johnny told her

“But Johnny…” she began.

“Do it! Please!” Johnny said.

“Well… ok, whatever you say.” Orchard Star said as she concentrated hard, then her horn glowed and Johnny was enveloped in her magic aura and levitated over to the cows.

“Johnny, no!” Applejack cried as she tried to go after him but Johnny’s friends stopped her.

“Chill lady, he knows what he’s doing.” Sunspot assured her.

“Yes, he has a natural instinct for leadership, I suggest you listen.” Ironhorn advised.

“Miss Applejack, you said we were the next generation, let us prove it.” Orchard Star pleaded.

Applejack glanced away with a conflicted look on her face but soon saw that she was right and sighed. “Alright… go for it.”

Orchard Star nodded and continued to levitate Johnny over to the lead cow. Pretty soon he was directly over it and the unicorn lifting him continued to guide him down as it moved.

“Ok… drop me!” The eight-year old said.

Orchard then released her magical hold on him and Johnny promptly fell on the cow’s back, catching it by surprise.

“Yee-haw! Ride ‘em cow! Wha-hoo!” Johnny cheered.

Johnny then began to pull on the cow’s horns, causing the cow to move a little ways from the town and towards Wave Crasher and Ironhorn, who stomped his hoof on the ground hard to get their attention focused solely on them.

“Ok, Crasher, do it!” Ironhorn told him.

“Right!” The Sea Pony declared.

He then stepped forward and stood in front of all the charging cows, now looking at him, and after a long and tense moment, with everypony watching fearfully, Wave Crasher told his joke.

“Hey, cows! Tell me, what’s colorful and smart? A brainbow!” Crasher quipped as he practically makes a rainbow with his two mechanical hoofs. This bad joke, makes the cows screech to a stop, looking confused while everypony else just groaned.

“What? That was a good one!” Wave Crasher protested.

“I don’t get the joke…” Fluttershy said.

“I don’t think he does either.” Rarity noted, fatly.

“Yeah, there isn’t a single pony alive that would laugh at that joke.” Rainbow remarked, before she heard Pinkie laughing out loud.

“Ha-ha-ha! ‘Brainbow’! Good one!” she said, chuckling.

“And I stand corrected…” Rainbow Dash said, annoyed.

Johnny then hopped off the lead cow and ran back so that he was out of the square. “Ok girls, now!” he yelled out.

Sunspot and Orchard both nodded and by using their teeth and magic respectively they made all four ropes straight and created a square shaped barrier around the herd of cows.

“Bullseye!” Sunspot cheered.

Johnny hopped off the lead cow and ran over to the others. “Alright guys, that was great!” he said as they all rushed over to each other, smiling and laughing.

Just then Twilight noticed something that caught her eye; a certain magical aura faintly surrounding the five kids, each a different color. Johnny’s was red, Sunspot’s was yellow, Ironhorn’s was purple, Wave Crasher’s was blue and Orchard Star’s was pink.

“Could it be?” she whispered, while the kids reveled in their success.

“Alright! We did it!” Orchard Star cheered.

“Darn tootin!” Johnny nodded, smiling.

“Oh yeah!” Wave Crasher exclaimed.

“That was awesome!” Sunspot declared. “Way to take command, Johnny boy!”

Johnny blushed. “Aw, it was nothing…”

“Either way, you did well Johnny.” Ironhorn nodded, smiling.

“I say… we should celebrate!” Wave Crasher suggested.

“Yeah!” The others all agreed.

“Great, just don’t expect me to sing any songs.” Sunspot stated, firmly.

“Speaking of songs. La…” Wave Crasher began before Sunspot bucked him in the face.

“Ah! My face! I am hurt! I am very, very hurt!” Crasher cried while running around in circles, holding his face while the others laughed in amusement. The Mane Six gazed at the five kids in amazement.

“They did it…” Fluttershy muttered, stunned.

“Wow! They were awesome!” Pinkie squealed.

“Indeed, and they handled themselves much better than we did.” Rarity noted

“Yeah, not bad… for a bunch of kids that is.” Rainbow remarked.

“Oh, I’d hardly call them kids anymore…” Applejack said.

“She’s right, these kids are special.” Princess Twilight agreed.

Twilight and the others smiled at the five kids and began to notice the similarities between them and themselves. They truly were a new generation. However, unknown to them, something was slithering through the shadows and then quickly vanished right away.