• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,732 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,732

Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Applejack quickly glanced at her adopted son with worry in her eyes. Was she gonna lose Johnny forever? This magical lady in blue just gave him, as well as Alyssa, a chance to return to the world from where they came and reunite with their real families… Just thinking about it made her heart ache, yet at the same time she knew that it was entirely up to Johnny and that she should be happy that he would be able to see his parents again.

“Well Cole? What is your decision?” The angel like lady asked. Everypony turned to him expectedly.

“There’s no decision to be made.” Johnny replied. He glanced at Alyssa. “I think we both feel the same way.”

“Yeah, we’re staying.” Alyssa declared. Everypony reacted with surprise.

“Really?” Applejack asked, stunned.

“Yes.” Johnny nodded. “This is my home.”

Our home.” Alyssa corrected.

“But… but what about your families on Earth?” Rainbow inquired.

“My Dad would understand, after all it’s a chance to learn about a whole new world.” Alyssa reasoned. “Plus… Johnny’s biological parents are… not there anymore.”

“In other words, the only family I have is right here.” Johnny added, firmly.

“Our destiny may have been to stop Sombra or something, but it doesn’t end there.” Alyssa said.

“Exactly, who knows what else could come? I’m not just gonna abandon my family.” Johnny reasoned.

“Nor will I.” Alyssa nodded.

“So in other words… we can’t get rid of you guys! Yay!” Wave Crasher cheered as he embraced them both, hurting them a little bit. The others all joined in the hug and laughed as well.

“I am very pleased to hear you say these things, this world is lucky to have you.” The woman said, smiling.

“Personally I think it’s the other way around…” Johnny admitted, smiling at his adopted mother. “We’re lucky to have made it here.”

“Aw, so sweet…!” Pinkie gushed before crying and pouring steams of tears from her eyes.

Wave Crasher soon joined her. “Yeah… I know…!” he said as he cried gushes as well, which sucked a little bit of water out of him but he managed to fix it.

“Ugh… saps…” Sunspot said, annoyed.

“You said it.” Rainbow Dash agreed.

“Well then, I suppose I should be on my way.” The woman in blue declared.

“Will we ever see you again?” Johnny inquired.

“Of course, I will always be you, after all your parents love for you has not left this world, nor will love your new family has for you here.” The woman said. Johnny smiled at Applejack and the others, who smiled back. “Until we meet again… Johnny Appleseed.”

The woman in blue slowly floated up into the sky before finally fading away. After she was gone, their was a long period of silence amongst the equines and the humans before Wave Crasher finally broke it while a long sigh.

“That was nice!” he remarked before Sunspot smacked him upside the head. “Ow!”

“So… what now?” Alyssa inquired.

Johnny just smiled and took her hand, making her blush. “Easy; we live our lives.”

Alyssa smiled back at him. “Yeah… sounds good,” she agreed.

“Totally!” Wave Crasher added. “Hey! You know what this calls for?”

“A party?” Pinkie guessed.

“A party!” Wave Crasher confirmed as they both cheered excitedly. “Come on! Let’s do it!”

Wave Crasher turned and rushed back to the forest that lead to Ponyville and Pinkie Pie quickly followed suit.

“Wait, for me!” she called out.

Twilight chuckled at their antics. “Come on, we’d better go.”

“Yeah, they’ll probably have it up by the time we get there.” Sunspot smirked.

“That’s for sure.” Ironhorn nodded.

“Totally!” Orchard Star agreed.

“Then what are we waiting for?” Rainbow Dash remarked. “Let’s get going!”

Rainbow Dash quickly zipped off, annoying Sunspot a bit. “Hey! Wait for me!” she cried before she zoomed after her.

“Come on, let’s go.” Princess Twilight smiled.

“Right.” Ironhorn nodded.

“Ok!” Orchard added before she and most of the others began to leave. Wave Crasher quickly ran after them soon after.

“Hey guys! I got another one!” he announced. “What do you…”

“Knock it off, Wave Crasher!” Everypony, including Celestia and Luna, yelled in unison.

Soon enough, only Johnny and Applejack were left, both of them still gazing up at the sky where the woman in blue once was with thoughtful expressions on their faces.

Applejack soon broke the silence though. “Well… ya’ll sure came a long way, huh Johnny?”

“Sure have… and I don’t know what would have happened if you hadn’t found me in the forest.” Johnny admitted.

“Aw, please! Somepony would have found you eventually…” Applejack said, humbly. “I mean… your friends certainly did.”

“Still… I’m glad you did.” Johnny told her.

Applejack smiled, warmly. “Thanks, sugarcube.”

“I just hope I can inspire friendship like you and your friends do.” Johnny admitted.

“But don’t you get it sugarcube? You already have!” Applejack pointed out.

“I have?”

“Yeah! I mean look at your friend, Alyssa.”

Johnny glanced in the direction that Alyssa was taking, along with the others and noticed her stopping and smiling at him sweetly before moving on ahead.

“She used to think magic and friendship weren’t possible, and that science was more important. But you made her see otherwise. You showed how great having friends really is.” Applejack continued. “And for that, I am proud.”

Johnny smiled, warmly. “Thanks, Mom,” he said as he bent down to share another tight embrace with Applejack. After a minute or so they finally separate and Johnny stood back up.

“Well, better follow the rest of ‘em.” Applejack suggested.

“Alright.” Johnny nodded before he quickly got an idea in his head and started running. “Race ya!”

“Johnny!” Applejack called out to him smiling as she ran after him, chuckling in amusement as they headed back home.


Some time after the Nightmare Sombra incident, it was another quiet day in Ponyville, in fact it was one of those days where everypony just wanted to sit back, relax and do nothing but rest. Well… mostly.

As the townspeople went about their usual activities something zooms right past them like a red blur, followed by five other blurs zooming right behind it..

Whoever they were they zoomed around, over and under each of the townsfolk at an incredible speed. As the one in front whizzed through the town he called out to each of them, to let them know he was coming.

“Coming through! Excuse me! Heads up!” he cried.

When everypony got a closer look at the speedy racer they saw that it was Johnny Appleseed, rolling through town on what appeared to be a wooden and handmade skateboard. Behind him were his friends; Sunspot, Wave Crasher, Orchard Blossom, Ironhorn and Alyssa, all on wheels of their own and laughing happily.

As he followed his friends, Johnny recalled an entry that he wrote in the Friendship Journal:

The six of us may come from different worlds, some more literally then others… but together we make a great team and a amazing group of friends. My Ma and her’s always tried to help other ponies, whether it’d be a friendship problem or a monster attack, and since some of us are still learning we’ll leave the friendship problems to them and deal with whatever monster attacks ourselves. After all, Nightmare Sombra may only be the beginning but we can handle whatever’s next, and that’s the honest truth.”

Up ahead of them, a giant octopus like creature was roaring and causing a rampage while ponies ran in fear and Johnny his friends were heading straight toward it. They cheered as they continued zooming ahead to go fight it.

Fin

Comments ( 12 )

Covert Art done by Eveyann

Cover art. It's not art trying to sneak around in a cardboard box...

7110048
Look at your main story description. Final line. You said "covert" instead of "cover".

7110096 Oh, a typo, I'll fix that

you did a wonderful job

If you do do a sequel you could have Alyssa live with Twilight I think she would be best suited for her

Comment posted by eraser deleted Apr 18th, 2016

Please make a sequel please

Comment posted by TheOneAndOnlyRhyanSparks deleted Feb 4th, 2019

Sorry, but this is just in far too much need of an editor for me to keep slogging through looking for nuggets worth reading. Neutral vote due to not reading the whole story.

Login or register to comment