• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,784 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,784

Chapter 20

Chapter 20

As the six of them continued to let the feeling of victory warm their spirits and weary bodies, Johnny suddenly heard his adopted mother call out to him from behind.

“Johnny!”

He turned and Applejack rushing towards him with tears in her eyes. Seeing her again and not in any sort of danger filled Johnny with happiness and made him tear up also.

“Ma…” he said, before he quickly began to rush over to her. “MA!”

“Johnny!” Applejack called out as she began trotting even faster before she and her adopted son finally made contact and gave each other a bear hug with warm smiles on their faces.

“Ma…” Johnny sighed, relieved.

“Oh… I thought I’d never see you again…!” Applejack cried, tears still flowing down her eyes. Everyone who was watching smiled at the scene. They soon released each other from their embrace after what felt like forever and stared at each other.

“You ok, Ma?” Johnny inquired, concerned.

“I am now that you're safe.” Applejack nodded.

Princess Celestia approached them next. “Well done my little human, you’ve done a great job today.”

“Indeed he did. Nice work, son.” Applejack smiled. “I’m proud of you.”

“Thank you, Ma.” Johnny bowed, gratefully. “That means so much.”

Celestia turned to the others also. “And of course the rest of you also have our thanks.”

“Hey, no problem, it’s what we do.” Wave Crasher stated, proudly.

“By the way, how in tarnation did you know that Sombra Jr was doin’ all this for Luna?” Applejack inquired, curiously.

“Because that’s the one thing every kid would do for their parents.” Johnny replied, sounding solemn. “Even me.”

Applejack smiled a sad smile and patted his leg comfortingly. Johnny quickly bent down and hugged her. They then heard a growl coming from Sombra and turned to him.

“Darn you…” he hissed. “Darn you all! You may have beaten me, but it doesn’t matter. You’ll all pay soon enough! You… and everypony else in this world!”

“Wow… issues…” Crasher remarked, stunned.

“Jeez, what is your problem, tall, dark and gloomy?” Sunspot questioned, frustrated.

“You really want to know?” Nightmare Sombra asked them.

“Not really, but I’ll bet your gonna tell us anyway.” Wave Crasher said, flatly.

“That’s correct, and the reason is because she abandoned me!?” Sombra yelled, gesturing to Luna, who narrowed her eyes at him.

“Abandoned?” Alyssa echoed, in disbelief. “But she said…”

“She’s a liar!” Nightmare Sombra practically screamed at her, hotly.

“No, your wrong.” Johnny denied.

“Am I? Well tell me, why did she reject me for so long?” Sombra questioned.

“Well she…” Johnny began to say but the dark one in front of him interrupted.

“Why does Dear Applejack treat you with such love and affection? She’s not even your real mother. What is it that you possess that I clearly do not!?” Nightmare Sombra exclaimed, frustrated.

It was then that it hit Johnny like a meteor.

“Wait... this isn’t even about taking over Equestria is it? You’re doing all this to impress Luna because you really do see her as your mother.” Johnny deduced.

“Be quiet!! You don’t know anything so shut your pie hole!” Sombra hissed, infuriated.

“Ha-ha! Hit a nerve?” Wave Crasher teased.

“Crasher, do not taunt the villain.” Ironhorn advised.

“He’s right.” Nightmare Sombra agreed, as his eyes flashed red. “It could cost you dearly.”

“Cocky, for a guy laying in the dirt.” Sunspot remarked.

“And he certainly knows how to hold a grudge.” Ironhorn added, almost impressed.

“That’s for sure.” Crasher agreed.

“Why you…!!” Sombra began before Johnny knocked him over onto his back.

“He also talks too much.” Johnny added, flatly.

“You said it.” Sunspot agreed while Luna approached her creation/son and looked down on him with pity in her eyes as he glanced up at her.

“Mother… I feel so tired.” Nightmare Sombra said, weakly.

“I know. I went through the same thing. It’ll pass.” Princess Luna assured him.

“I’m going to prison, aren’t I?” he guessed.

“Ding-ding-ding, give the defeated bad guy a prize!” Wave Crasher declared. “And maybe a massage to go along with it.”

Princes Luna just bonked him on the head, knocking him out. She turned to Sunspot.

“You were right; he is an odd one.” Princess Luna remarked. This remark immediately wakes him back up.

“Hey!” The Sea Pony said, insulted. Before he could say anything else he felt pain in his head. “Ow…”

“And now…” Luna began before her horn glowed and Nightmare Sombra glowed with a blue light before vanishing. “Cerberus should find him safely in Tartarus behind lock and key when he finds him.”

“That’s good… it’s finally over then.” Alyssa sighed.

“Yeah…” Johnny nodded, pleased.

Just then, the yellow Pegasus spotted something that greatly bewildered her, so much so that she completely ignored what everypony else was saying and doing, until finally she spoke up.

“Hey… what is that?” Sunspot questioned as she pointed upward. They all turned and saw a ball of blue light coming down towards them all.

“Aw, what now?” Rainbow Dash complained.

“Maybe it’s something good!” Pinkie Pie suggested.

“I hope so…” Fluttershy gulped, nervously. “I don’t want anymore scary surprises…”

The ball of light floated down until it was right in front of them all before suddenly the image of a woman, a human, like Johnny and Alyssa, appeared before them

The woman wore a blue dress, had eyes like black pools, a youthful face and a pale complexion plus long dark hair. Everyone was amazed, by both her sudden appearance and beauty.

“Whoa… who is that hottie?” Crasher asked, smiling widely.

“Shut it.” Sunspot whispered, annoyed.

Princess Celestia stepped forward. “Greetings, I am Celestia, Princess of Equestria, to whom are you?” she inquired. The blue lady didn’t seem to notice her and instead focused on Johnny.

“Oh Cole… you’ve gotten so big…” The woman said, happily.

“Who… Who are you…?” Johnny gasped. “And… how do you know my other name?”

“Hmm. I’m quite hurt you don’t recognize me Cole. After all, we’ve been friends since you were just a baby,” she told him, looking somewhat upset.

“What!?” Johnny asked, shocked.

“What’s she talking about!?” Sunspot questioned.

“Oh, like we’re supposed to know?” Crasher pointed out.

“Perhaps this will help.” The blue woman said before blue energy swirled around her and she suddenly became a small, shimmering blue butterfly.

Johnny gasped with realization. “It was you… you were that blue butterfly that followed me everywhere when I was a kid…” he said.

The woman turned butterfly nodded, smiling. “Yes. I have always been there for you, Cole, and I always will.”

“But why?” Johnny asked, confused.

“Because… when you left your world and came to this one, your parents prayed that you would watched over and through that wish… I was born.” The woman explained. “I am your parent’s will and… the embodiment of their love.”

“The embodiment of their love…” Johnny echoed, stunned.

“Whoa… deep…” Wave Crasher commented.

Sunspot nudged him. “Shush! Let her finish!” she told him.

The blue woman turned to Applejack. “Thank you dear Applejack, for caring for Cole all these years.”

Applejack tipped her hat to her. “Not a problem, and really… I’m just grateful to have met him,” she smiled.

“The feeling’s mutual.” Johnny added, returning her smile.

“Now… Cole, Alyssa, the time has come for you both to choose.” The lady in blue announced.

“What are you saying? Choose what?” Alyssa asked in confusion.

“Now that the crisis has passed, you both have served your predestined role in this world, now you have the choice of remaining here or returning to Earth and your regular lives, the decision is entirely yours.” The woman stated.