• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,766 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,766

Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Later on, after finally getting away from Nightmare Sombra and all his minions the gang decided to stop and rest for a while. They found a nice little clearing in the middle of the forest, gathered wood and created a fire pit, with Orchard and Luna lighting the fire using their horns. They all sat around the fire looking glum.

“Well that sucked…” Sunspot remarked, glumly.

“No kidding.” Orchard Star sighed.

“Yeah, that wasn’t what I was expecting…” Wave Crasher commented, depressed.

“None of us were expecting that, to lose that badly…” Ironhorn commented, lowering her head.

“At least we have fire.” Johnny said.

“And we should be safe here for now.” Luna added.

“Or until the bad guy finds us.” Crasher pointed out.

“Guys like him always do.” Sunspot added.

“Unfortunately.” Luna nodded.

“Princess Luna, was what he said really true?” Johnny asked. “Is he really a combination of your dark magic and Sombra’s?”

They all looked at her expectedly and after a pause she finally gave in and sighed.

“Yes… it’s true…” she revealed, solemnly.. “In a way, the creature that attacked you really was my son.”

“Again… Ew.” Sunspot remarked, disgusted.

“I did not plan on it, it just happened, are we clear?” Luna asked, annoyed.

“Ok, ok, no need to get testy…” Sunspot told her.

“But what does he want anyway?” Alyssa asked.

“Didn’t he already say what is was?” Wave Crasher pointed out, confused.

“Yeah; to take over the whole freaking world!” Sunspot exclaimed.

“Not just that.” Luna added. “He also wants to take all of my powers, including the spell that allows me to enter a pony’s dreams.”

“You can do that?” Alyssa asked, surprised.

“Indeed, my child.” Luna confirmed. “Whenever I sense somepony having a nightmare I feel compelled to help them in any way I can.”

“Wasn’t he already able to get in our dreams?” Sunspot pointed out.

“As a being of magical energy such a task is simple, but now that he has a physical form he requires the proper spell to enter.” The Princess of the Night explained

“Incredible.” Alyssa remarked. “But if your not their to do so and he is then…”

“Oh no if he does succeeds he’ll plunge the world into eternal darkness and trap everypony in their personal worse nightmares!” Johnny cried.

“Not good…” Crasher voiced.

“Oh, ya think!?” Sunspot remarked, sarcastically. “Now the only question is; what do we do about it, anyway? Any ideas?”

“No. I’m tapped out…” Orchard sighed.

“As am I.” Ironhorn added.

“Me too.” Crasher nodded.

“Gee, thanks a lot, you guys.” Sunspot said, sarcastically. “Very helpful…”

“While Sunspot needs to work on her manners.” Johnny began, giving Sunspot a look. “She does have the right attitude; we can’t give up now.”

“Why not?” Crasher asked, depressed. “We can’t win… he’s too strong…”

“So what if he’s strong! I don’t see what the problem is!” Sunspot stated, firmly.

“Sunspot… you and Johnny have a great attitude about this…” Orchard Star admitted. “But all the positive thinking in the world can’t help us now…”

“I’m more of a realist then an optimist.” Alyssa confessed.

“Well you better start being the opposite, or else we’re all doomed.” Johnny said, bluntly.

“That’s a good point.” Wave Crasher realized.

“Yeah.” Johnny nodded.

“But how can we win?” Alyssa wondered.

Together.” Johnny stated. Everyone looked toward him inspired. “The odds may be against us, yes, but if we pull together… there’s no way we can lose.”

“And if we do?” Alyssa pointed out.

Johnny shrugged. “Well then, at least we’ll know that we went out swinging,” he said, smiling.

“Huh… that I could live with.” Wave Crasher admitted.

“As can I.” Ironhorn agreed.

“Good to hear.” Johnny nodded.

“Well if you guys are in then so am I!” Sunspot declared. “In fact, I was in from the beginning!”

Orchard Star sighed. “Alright, if you think we can do it Johnny… then maybe we do have a chance.”

Johnny nodded. “Yeah. Just have faith.”

He turned to Alyssa as he said this, which made her ponder deeply for a long while before she spoke.

“Ok, I’ll give it a try…” Alyssa declared. “This is your home Johnny, you know this place, it’s inhabitants and what they stand for better then most, so I’ll put all my trust in you.”

“Thank you.” Johnny nodded, appreciatively before Wave Crasher heard something.

“Hey… hey, hey, guys!” Crasher spoke up as he stood up, looking alert. “You hear that?”

Everypony listened closely and began to hear a strange sound then a loud roar made them all jump.

"What was that?” Orchard Star asked, spooked.

“I do not know… but I can tell it’s moving fast.” Ironhorn stated, grimly.

“Faster then me?” Sunspot questioned.

“Very much so.” The bison confirmed.

“Aw man…” The Pegasus whined.

“Then it’s…” Alyssa began.

“He’s found us…” Johnny whispered in a grim tone. Everyone quickly got up, turned and stood in a circle around the fire, readying themselves.

“Any new plans, boss?” Sunspot asked Johnny.

“I’m working on it,” he said, stressed out.

“Better think fast dude!” Crasher told him.

Just then black crystals shot out of the ground. They looked around and saw more black crystals emerge from the ground all around them. They were completely trapped.

“Time’s up.” Ironhorn said, grimly.

“He’s here…” Wave Crasher gulped.

“Yeah, we can see that, ya goof.” Sunspot commented, deadpan.

Just then, another black crystal, this one much bigger then the others rose up in front of them and stretched all the way up to the now cloudy sky before the top burst and Nightmare Sombra himself appeared.

“Sombra…” Johnny hissed, displeased.

“In the flesh…” Nightmare Sombra smirked, evilly. “At long last.”

“Yeah, well not for long, creepy!” Wave Crasher told him.

“You will be silent!” Nightmare Sombra ordered.

“Ok… sorry!” Crasher squeaked.

“And now, for your defiance I will crush you all where you stand!” Sombra declared.

“Yeah? Well prove it ya big bag of hot hair!” Sunspot challenged.

Why did you say that!?” Wave Crasher questioned her, incredulously.

“Sunspot, that was kind of a stupid thing to say…” Orchard admitted.

“Indeed.” Ironhorn nodded.

“Oh, shut up!” Sunspot remarked, annoyed.

“You want me to prove it? Fine!” Nightmare Sombra declared, preparing to make his move by charging up his horn.

“Oh crud…” Sunspot added, dismayed.

“Incoming!” Johnny cried as they all tried to shield themselves while Sombra fried a dark magical beam at them, which resulted in a large explosion. Sombra laughed at this but his smile soon ended once the smoke finally cleared up and he bugged out when he saw a giant dome around them which protected them all.

They all opened their eyes now and were surprised by the dome.

“What!?” Nightmare Sombra exclaimed, shocked.

“Uh… where did this come from?” Sunspot asked, confused.

“I don’t know…” Orchard Star mused.

“Whoa! When did you do this Princess?” Crasher asked.

“I-I didn’t!” Princess Luna confessed, stuttering.

“Then… who did?” Alyssa inquired.

Most of the other struggled. Then the Sea Pony turned and saw something very particular close by.

“Hey guys.” Wave Crasher spoke up. “Look over there… what’s going on?”

They all turned and noticed the trees behind them clearing out of the way while a familiar white alicorn, along with six other ponies step out. They were quickly recognized.

“Wait… is that…” Orchard began.

“It’s Ma! And the others!” Johnny smiled.

“Sister…” Princess Luna breathed.

“I can’t believe it…” Alyssa added.

“Believe it.” Ironhorn stated.

“Well alright!” Wave Crasher cheered.

“Now that’s what I call a Calvary!” Sunspot remarked.

“Thank goodness…” Orchard Star sighed.

The Mane Six, along with the Princess of the Day quickly rushed over to the kids and their night Princess, so was still in shock.

“Sister…” Luna breathed.

“Luna, I’m glad to see your alright.” Princess Celestia told her, pleased.

“How did you…” Princess Luna began to say

“It wasn’t easy…” Celestia sighed. “But Twilight and I managed to combined our magic and create a teleporting spell strong enough to get us to you. We started as soon as we saw that you were in trouble.”

“Thank you…” Luna nodded, grateful yet also shameful. “Yet I am sorry… I thought I would be able to handle this problem since he is my son after all… but I suppose that I am just hopeless without you sister…”

“Same goes for us.” Johnny admitted, looking a bit depressed like the others.

“Aw, come on! You guys did great!” Rainbow told them, which surprised them all.

“Really?” Johnny asked.

“Yeah! You guys were totally nailing ‘em back there!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, as she did some fighting gestures.

“It was quite a spectacular performance.” Rarity noted.

“Couldn’t have done it better ourselves.” Fluttershy added, softly.

“You’ve more than lived up the legacy we’ve left for you.” Twilight told them with a smile. “We’re all very proud of you.”

The others nodded in agreement.

“Thank you… coming from all of you… that means a lot to us.” Johnny expressed.

“Yeah, no kidding.” Sunspot agreed.

“It is an honor to fight by your sides.” Ironhorn added.

“Oh, the honor is all ours.” Fluttershy smiled, sweetly. “You are the next generation after all.”

“Doesn’t mean we don’t need help sometimes…” Johnny admitted, lowing his head, shamefully.

“No, she’s right. Sometimes you just gotta leave it to the kids.” Rainbow Dash stated.

“I heard that!” Sunspot called out from afar.

“You were meant to!” Rainbow called back. The others laughed in amusement.

“Well, your right about that Rainbow.” Twilight Sparkle said. “We do have to leave it up to you guys sometimes.”

“But we’ll always be their to help.” Fluttershy assured them.

“Yeah!” Pinkie Pie added. “You can count on us if your in trouble!”

“That’s for sure.” Applejack nodded.

“Well, thank you again.” Ironhorn smiled, thankfully. “We are grateful to have you by our sides.”

“No question!” Wave Crasher agreed.

“Yeah.” Orchard Star nodded, smiling.

“Ok, we’ll let you guys help.” Sunspot relented. “Just this once…”

“Very well.” Rarity said, understandingly. “You shall take the lead on this next attack.”

“Thank you.” Alyssa said, appreciatively.

Johnny and his adopted mother then glanced at each other with fond and thoughtful looks on their faces. Both, wanting to embrace each other right then and their but…

“Ma I…” Johnny began.

“We’ll talk later sport, right now; we got a bad guy to whoop!” Applejack reminded him, determined.

“Yeah, your right.” Johnny agreed.

“And I can’t wait!” Rainbow Dash expressed, eagerly.

“Same here!” Sunspot agreed.

“You, ready guys?” Johnny asked them and they nodded in response. “Then it’s time to create a whole new legend!”

“Yeah!” They all cheered, enthusiastically.

Everypony then yelled as they began to race forward toward the evil Nightmare Sombra. The first generation and the old; all fighting together on the same battlefield against a common threat. It really doesn’t get any better then that.