• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 10,732 Views, 245 Comments

My Little Pony: A New Apple - Hopeful Soul



The Apple Family tree gains a new apple as Applejack becomes a mother to a young colt. The only thing is... he's not from Equestria.

  • ...
25
 245
 10,732

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Just after the dark being declared war on them all several balls of red light appeared high above them before dropping down and flashing brightly. When the flash ended dozens of dangerous looking creatures appeared, creatures like Timberwolves, Cragadile’s, Cockatrice's, Hydra's, Manticore's, Dragons as well as others. They all roared while the heroes’ jaws drop.

“Ooh… that’s a lot of evil monsters…” Wave Crasher remarked, stunned.

“We're outnumbered…” Orchard Star observed.

“That's never stopped us before and it won’t now!” Sunspot stated, firmly.

“Agreed.” Ironhorn nodded.

“Then let's do this!” Wave Crasher declared.

“Right, it's the only way to get to that monster.” Johnny said, determined.

“By getting past all the other ones…” Alyssa added, slowly.

“Yeah… may be a little hard…” Wave Crasher realized.

Johnny though for a bit, then got an idea. “That’s it! Because there are so many, let’s trick them into fighting each other!” he said.

“That's… actually not the worse idea I’ve ever heard.” Alyssa admitted. “I mean it’s close but… who knows? Maybe it could work.”

“Then let's do this!” Orchard Star said, pumped.

“Oh yeah!” Wave Crasher added, excitedly.

Johnny nodded. “Ok, you too go first, run some interference and distract them, we'll follow up behind you, clear?”

“Like you have to ask?” Crasher smirked.

“I’m on it!” Orchard confirmed as her horn glowed brightly and then after a flash of light, a large, thick cloud of smoke appeared all over them, confusing the monsters in front of them.

“Yeah! Smokescreen!” Wave Crasher cried.

The kids then began to run straight through the large grassy field they were in and right into the cloud of smoke in front of them, where the monsters waited. As soon as they saw the foot of any of the monsters in front of them they quickly went around them. Orchard also blasted a few for good measure. Each time they did so, the monsters collided into each other due to their lack of sight and fell right over, one was even heading straight down towards them.

“Uh… incoming!” Alyssa announced.

“Go under ‘em!” Johnny yelled.

“We're gonna need a really big push!” Wave Crasher informed him.

“I'm on it!" Sunspot spoke up, as she zoomed forward and used all her speed and strength to push her friends right through the monster's legs right before it fell over with a crash.

“Alright, Sunspot!” Orchard Star cheered.

“Yeah, nicely done.” Alyssa added.

“Thanks.” Sunspot smiled. “Now keep moving ya slow pokes!”

Sunspot zipped on ahead. Her friends smiled and began to follow her while they continued to go under and around the monsters while also tricking them into hitting each other and knocking them right over onto the ground.

“It’s working!” Alyssa said, excited.

“Yeah! They’re dropping like dominos!” Wave Crasher cheered.

Ironhorn spotted something ahead and his eyes widened. “Everypony! Incoming!”

They then spotted the body of a Hydra, that was just knocked unconscious, falling down towards them, it's shadow washing over them and getting darker and darker. All of their eyes widen as they gasp while Crasher screams in fear.

“Watch out!” Alyssa cried as she rushed over and pushed Crasher away. They both flew forward a few feet but it didn't look like it’d be enough as it still looked like they were going to be crushed by the Hydra. Luckily, Orchard saw this and used her magic to push them even further and away from the Hydra before it crashed into the ground.

Alyssa and Crasher both panted as they got back up again.

“Whew! Thanks for the save, Alyssa.” The sea pony said, gratefully. He turned to the unicorn nearby. “You too, Star!”

“For sure.” Alyssa nodded.

“You're welcome!” Orchard Star added.

After the dust finally settled and they managed to get a good distance away from the fallen monsters who were all tangled in each others limbs for the time they found the dark shadowy being waiting for them.

“Ah, you’re here…” he hissed, pleased.

“Yep! We, wouldn't miss it!” Wave Crasher stated. “Oh and sorry about your monsters.”

“Not!” Sunspot added.

“We’re not letting you rule our world!" Orchard told him, firmly.

“I’m not asking for your permission.” The creature said, sinisterly.

“Whatever, the point is your gonna lose, we're gonna win! Any last words?” Sunspot questioned.

“And some of them better be about who or what you really are.” Johnny added, firmly.

The dark one chuckled. “Alright then, I suppose that the right time has come… for me to reveal my true form to my enemies!”

The shadow being laughed before zipping up to the clouds. All the shadows around them then began to shake before moving down and then up towards the clouds also, where they swirled together to create an amorphous cloud that took the shape of none other then King Sombra. They all gasped.

“What the heck!?” Sunspot remarked.

“So… you are…” Johnny began.

“Yes, in a way I am Sombra, Nightmare Sombra to be exact.” The being said.

‘But Sombra was defeated! So how are you…” Johnny started to say.

“Sombra was indeed defeated, but part of his dark soul managed to survive thanks to his horn which was all that was left of him.” Nightmare Sombra stated.

“His horn…” Johnny echoed.

“Yes, he used his knowledge about dark magic and black crystal to save a part of his soul but he wasn’t able to infuse enough of his dark magic into it.” Nightmare Sombra explained. “So after Princess Luna was banished the crystal received some of Nightmare Moon’s magic and was able to slowly grow stronger until the Twilight and her friends released Luna from her Nightmare Moon form which allowed Sombra’s soul absorb even more nightmare magic but never enough to gain a real body and that is where his horn comes in. And now that part of King Sombra’s soul joined together with what is left of Nightmare Moon and this is how I was born.”

“So… Princess Luna was Sombra's baby momma?” Sunspot questioned.

“Ew!” Crasher remarked, disgusted.

“We… don't have to put it like that.” Johnny said.

“Yes, but at the moment I am just an energy shadow, but all I need is a little bit of physical material from my mother and add it to my father’s horn, with it I will finally gain a physical form!” Nightmare Sombra declared.

“That's not gonna happen!” Johnny told him, firmly.

“Oh really?” The nightmarish creature questioned him, mockingly.

“Yeah! Because we're gonna stop you ya big freak!” Sunspot shouted.

“That's right!” Crasher agreed.

“Yeah!” Orchard added while Ironhorn nodded.

“Well then… if you insist in getting in my way… then I suppose there’s no other choice… but to destroy you!” Nightmare Sombra bellowed as he unleashes his shadows.

The six of them all jumped to the side and ducked over and over again as the sharp edge shadows struck the ground all around them, including a large amount of whips, one of which struck the ground near Alyssa and knocked her off her feet as well as send her flying back a bit.

“Alyssa!” Johnny shouted before he noticed many of the shadows and whips preparing to attack them from all directions.

“You're next!” Nightmare Sombra hissed as he prepared to strike them down.

“Guys!" Alyssa cried as she got up, ran out and stood in front of them all.

“Alyssa…” Johnny said, looking wide-eyed.

“So, you're going to stand in my way too, eh?” Nightmare Sombra remarked.

“Looks that way.” Alyssa smirked.

“Then you shall be wiped out with them!” he declared, as his army of wisps rose up. “Attack!”

The dozens of wisps and shadows then began to zoom toward Alyssa like missiles and the others were too weak to help her.

“I guess this is as good a time as ever to start believing in magic…” Alyssa muttered. Then just as the wisps got close enough she screamed and held up her hands which somehow created a force field that shielded her. “I do believe in magic!”

She then pushed the wisps back with her shield, sending then flying. They soon vanished upon colliding with a tree nearby. Alyssa looked at her hands and smiled in amazement while everypony else gasped, shocked.

“What!?” The Sombra voiced creature exclaimed in shock.

“It worked…” Alyssa said, stunned. “It worked!”

“Impossible!” The dark being exclaimed.

“Hardly! Now… this is where the battle really begins.” Alyssa declared with a fierce look.


Around the same time that the kids were facing off against the one causing Equestria a whole ton of grief, the Princess’ and the Mane Six are all sitting and/or standing around the throne room of the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom waiting anxiously for the kids to return Applejack was the most worried out of all of them due to her non-stop pacing which eventually got on Rainbow Dash’s nerves.

“Would you quit pacing, AJ? Your making everypony nervous!" Rainbow Dash told her, annoyed.

“Yeah? Well I’m nervous too, Rainbow!" Applejack proclaimed, upset. “My boy is out their… risking his life… and I can’t do a darn thing to help him…!”

“Ok, calm down…” Rainbow urged her.

“We understand how you feel, Applejack.” Twilight told her. “We care about Johnny just as much as you do.”

“Yeah, I throw him birthday parties and everything!” Pinkie added.

“And I design him clothes!” Rarity pointed out.

“I let him take care of some of my critters.” Fluttershy said.

“And during those moments, we’ve each bonded to him, so he’s not just your child… he's ours.” Twilight stated, firmly. The others all nodded in agreement with serious looks on their faces, even Pinkie Pie.

Applejack saw this and sighed, shamefully. “Your right… he is… listen I'm sorry gals I just…” she began.

“You’re worried about, Johnny, we know.” Fluttershy nodded, understandingly. "So are we.”

“How are they doing, anyway?” Rainbow Dash asked the Princess', who were both staring at a magical globe they created to view the battle with troubled eyes.

“Not well I'm afraid…” Celestia said, solemnly. They quickly approached her upon hearing this.

“What do you mean?” Fluttershy questioned, worried.

“Take a look.” Luna instructed. Everypony quickly gathered around the globe and were stunned to see the kids being knocked around and pummeled, which happened earlier.

“Oh no!" Fluttershy gasped.

“Crud! They're getting pulverized out there!" Rainbow proclaimed.

“This being their facing… he’s too strong!” Twilight despaired.

“The poor dears…” Rarity said, sympathetically.

“But isn't their like… something we can do?” The blue Pegasus asked, worried.

“Their too far away for us to teleport their and it would take a while to travel to their location.” Celestia despaired. “For now, they are on their own.”

Applejack looked extremely worried now. “Johnny…”

Pinkie then spots something. "Hey! Look at that!" she cried, while pointing at the globe.

They all looked and saw that Alyssa had just protected herself, and the others, using a magical barrier, much to her, and everyone else’s, astonishment.

“Whoa… how’s she…?” Applejack began, stunned.

“It’s the power of the Element of Magic. Yes!” Twilight nodded in confirmation, proudly.

“Excellent, she finally believes.” Princess Celestia smiled, along with Princess Luna.


As they continued to watch, in the battlefield Alyssa sensed something happening in her pocket and took out, much to her surprise, the Element of Magic which suddenly turned white, flew up and in a flash turned into a crown, which landed on her head.

“The Element of Magic!” Alyssa gasped, happily. “It saved me… cool.”

Behind her, Alyssa’s new friends all continued to stare at her in shock. The biggest skeptic that they’ve ever met had now finally admitted to the existence of magic and unlocked the Element of Magic and they couldn't believe their eyes.

“Alyssa…” Ironhorn breathed, amazed.

“Nice one, Alyssa!” Sunspot cheered.

“She believes!” Orchard said, relieved.

“Alright!” Crasher added, proudly.

“Come on, let's give her a hand! Or… hoof!” Johnny said as he got up and ran over to her. The others soon got up as well and rushed over also. They all stood side by side together with Alyssa.

“Hmm, I see you’ve activated the spark that lies within you.” Nightmare Sombra observed.

“That’s right, and not only do I believe in magic… but now I believe that these five special individuals behind me… are my friends!” Alyssa declared, firmly.

Just then all the elements began to glow brightly, now that all six of the were in perfect sync again.

“So… the torch has been passed…” Nightmare Sombra observed.

“That's right!” Johnny confirmed.

“And now…” Sunspot began.

“We’re gonna take you down!” Wace Crasher added, sounding very serious.

“Yeah.” Ironhorn agreed, firmly.

“Right! So bring it on!” Orchard challenged.

“Well, come on then! Let’s have at it then!" The shadowy monster called Sombra demanded.

“With pleasure!” Alyssa nodded with a confident smile. She turned to her friends. “Shall we?”

“We shall!” Sunspot confirmed, as she spread out her wings.

“Yeah!” Orchard cheered.

“Yeah!” Johnny added while the others nodded. At that moment their Elements started to glow, and they also gained a bright aura as each of their Elements activated.

“Honesty!” Johnny cried.

“Kindness!” Ironhorn exclaimed..

“Laughter!” Wave Crasher cheered.

“Generosity!” Orchard Star declared.

“Loyalty!” Sunspot shouted as she flew around.

“Magic!” Alyssa finished.

“These are the traits that make up the Elements of Harmony, and now that we've unlocked them, you're toast!” Johnny told Sombra.

"Not… yet!" Nightmare Sombra hissed as he fired a dark beam from his horn which collided with a beam generated by their Elements of Harmony. Their was a huge explosion flowing that collision and it forced everyone to cover their faces from the smoke cloud.

“So… did we win…?” Sunspot asked, hopefully.

“Can’t tell…" Johnny said as he waited for the smoke to clear around Sombra and when it did, it showed that he was completely unharmed. “Nope! Not even close!”

“Those blasts must have canceled each other out when they both collided.” Ironhorn deduced.

“True, but not these ones!” Sombra declared as his eyes glowed and suddenly all the shadows around the began to shake and detach themselves from their various owners before all coming together above them and dropping down towards them. A quick shield generated by the Elements protected them with ease.

“Our turn now!” Sunspot declared.

“Yeah! Hit ‘em again” Wave Crasher cried as he rainbow colored beam came out of the shield they were in and flew towards Sombra. The dark one flew around but the beam followed him closely until it finally hit him.

“Got ‘em!” Sunspot said, pleased.

“Oh yes!” They all cheered.

The shadowy one then seemed to scatter into little dark orbs before finally coming together again and forming Sombra's face.

“Ha! Not even close!” he taunted.

Sunspot growled. “What a creep!”

“Any ideas?” Crasher asked.

“Only one, but we’ll need to put everything we have into it.” Johnny told them. “Remember; just believe in friendship.”

“Right!” They all said, firmly as they all began to charge up their Elements again, shining brighter then ever before.

A long golden cannon like weapon was then conjured into Johnny’s hands, which he aimed right at the dark being. The sound of the cannon charging up was then heard.

“HARMONY CANNON!” he cried.

Johnny pressed both of the buttons on the handles and the cannon fired an intense beam of golden energy that blasted Sombra with all its might, this was followed by a loud and bright looking explosion.

“Oh yes!” They all said, smiling triumphantly. But their tune soon changed when they heard a dark chuckling.

“Huh” Sunspot remarked.

The smoke soon cleared and before long they saw the shadowy being reforming and taking on Sombra's face for the umpteenth time in a row. The Harmony Cannon then disappeared.

“What!?” Orchard Star exclaimed.

“No way! How?” Crasher question.

“Quite the opponent this one is…” Ironhorn mused as he narrowed his eyes.

“Nice try children, but if you want to win… your gonna have to catch me!” Nightmare Sombra challenged as he reverted to his shadow form and quickly slithered into the forest up ahead of them.

“Hey! He’s getting away!” Sunspot cried.

“Well then, let's go after him!” Alyssa declared, determined.

“I agree!” Johnny added, smiling.

“Same here.” Ironhorn nodded, firmly.

“You coming too, Crasher?” Orchard inquired.

“Yep! I was once a chicken… but now I’m seasoned!” Crasher beamed.

Orchard sighed, exasperated. “I had to ask…”

“Then let’s get going!" Johnny told them as he bolted ahead along with most of the others.

“Wait for me!” Alyssa called out as she ran also, along with Ironhorn, into the forest up ahead of them, where darkness laid and fear was all around. Unknown to them, something or somepony else was heading towards the forest as well at light speed, a blue streak of light to be exact. It disappeared once it entered the forest with the heroes.