• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 4,376 Views, 460 Comments

A New World, A New Stage - tdnpony



A Thief and a Cop find themselves in a strange new world. Watch as their game of cat and mouse continues even in Equus.

  • ...
16
 460
 4,376

Twenty Fourth Heist

Opening theme:

“Well, here we are. Viva Las Pegasus,” Sleight Hoof mused as the servants went to work unpacking and moving the stuff for his show into the theater hall. “Good thing scheduling a show was so easy.”

“What did you expect, dear? You’re only one of, if not the, most famous illusionist, especially cause you’re an Earth Pony,” Quick Storm chuckled.

“Yeah, you got that right,” he chuckled back.

“Um...sorry to interrupt, but...could you point us out to where we’re going to stay. I’ve got to...keep an eye on these two,” Alice said, before looking back at Scep and Rascal...both of whom were currently mummified with Spinarak webs...several layers of them.

If looks could kill, the glares both of them were giving her would have vaporized her off the face of the planet. “We’re still with Sleight Hoof and Quick Storm. The last thing we need right now is for you two to go on a merry raid. You can do that later.”

More muffled grumbles. “Huh…” she sighed. “Fine, but at least wait until we get to our lodging before you do anything,” Alice sighed, before using her claws to slowly cut through the webs, starting with Scep cause he was bigger, and thus more work.

“You know, you COULD have just asked me to do it,” Shade teased.

Alice stopped, then face palmed. “Right...Shade. Please?”

“Oh alright, since you asked so nicely,” the Liepard chuckled, before cutting the webs to shreds.

Scep jumped to his feet, a little distance away, and glared at the group. His face peeled back into a snarl, baring his teeth. “Never….Again.” He said with much venom. He looked like he was about to attack someone, but he held himself at bay.

“For once we’re in agreement. We’re serious, Alice. We would have listened if you asked,” Rascal growled.

Alice just gave them a deadpan stare that seemed to say ‘Really?’

“Yeah, when Snorlax fly,” Shade snorted, before running away laughing.

Alice just sighed as a bemused expression entered her face. “Alright, I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to take any chances, especially while we’re in no position to find an escape route...yet,” she said. “Anyway, about our lodging,” she turned to Sleight Hoof who was shuffling nervously. “...you DID get us lodging when you scheduled this, right?”

“Ah...about that…” Sleight chuckled nervously as he started backing away, only to stop when he felt Quick Storm’s hoof on his shoulder.

“Dear….what aren’t you telling us?” she smiled. A smile that made him shudder, which soon became worse as the Pokemon (except Scep, who was idly leaning against the carriage) were now glaring at him too.

“Yeaaaah….haha….about that, I sort of….forgot to book us rooms,” he squeaked.

Alice glared at him, before sighing. “Well that’s just great. So much for enjoying the city while we were here...well, I suppose we can make due with the carriages again.”

“I don’t see the problem, dudette.” Scep spoke up. “I never got to be in those fancy hotels...other than to steal from them. Us PLA didn’t go into cities often and if we did…..” He broke out into laughter. “There’s a reason Hoenn cities are always so chaotic. The Commander loves/hates it like that….I mean, he once tried to covertly set off ketchup bombs all over the capital. He thought it would lower human morale.”

“...you PLA are really good at answering one question...at the cost of leaving soooo many others in the process,” Alice deadpanned. “Well, even if we can’t get a hotel, we still need a place to sta-” the rest of her words were cut off when a flyer promptly blew into her face.

“Holy moly,” Scep pulled back and looked around. “Looks like the Commander strikes again.” He covered his face. “So sorry, dudette. Nice knowing you.”

“...do I even want to know?” Alice groaned as she pulled the flyer off of her face. “Let me guess, another one of your Commander’s...okay, there is no nice way to say this....crazy plans?”

“He tried to blind humanity by putting glue on flyers, getting a few large, industrial windmills, and blowing them in everyone’s faces to stick it to them,” Scep said.

“I don’t know which is crazier. The idea, or the fact that it actually makes some sense for a change,” Alice sighed, before reading the flyer, as she had nothing better to do. “...if your commander really did blow this flyer, I’d kiss him right now.”

“Be ready for a lifetime commitment,” Scep said with a snort. “He’d take it to heart.”

“Okay, make that I’d thank him profusely, cause this flyer just answered our problem,” she amended, before showing him the flyer, an ad for an apartment building, and from the looks of it, one that was both Pony and Pokemon friendly. And they were renting out rooms.

“Hmm,” Scep rubbed his chin. “It’s clear, helpful, and informative….No way the Commander could have blown this in your face.” He quickly looked upwards. “No offense.”

Elsewhere, a certain Seviper vowed vengeance!!...For some reason...I don’t know, he’d smack somebody or something….Maybe with a cheese rocket launcher.

Back with the Fox gang, Alice had shown the flyer to Sleight Hoof and Quick Storm (who was having a ‘talk’ with her husband about keeping a checklist). After a quick read of the flyer (and Sleight Hoof all but ready to kiss Alice for the save), the group set out for the building in question.

When they got to the location, they beheld the Unity Building. At least, that’s what the plaque next to the flimsy gate said. It appeared to be roughly seven stories tall, with some sort of garden on the roof, and made of red brick, save for one patch of steel wall that appeared to be trying, and failing, to blend in next to the door.

“You know, I know this was convenient and all, but...is it just me, or does that steel wall fill you with a sense of...I should really get the hell out of here?” Shade deadpanned.

“Not really,” Sleight Hoof and Quick Storm said.

“Yeah,” Scep narrowed his eyes at it. “It’s almost like I know it from somewhere...I’m getting a Loom-ish vibe...Just be careful of some lasers, or buzzsaws….and giant sledgehammers...or beercans when said Loom is drunk.”

The Sceptile’s words proved to be slightly prophetic, as a camera popped out of the wall and tracked each of the arrivals before beeping once and returning to its place within the wall.

“...That’s it, I’m convinced. Are there any other apartments around here?” Alice said, tearing up the flyer. She would have walked away, if it weren’t for a magical grip that suddenly had her arm.

“Oh, come on, Ms. Alice,” Toichi chuckled. “It's just a camera. Nothing to be worried about.”

“Somehow that doesn’t fill me with confidence…” Rascal groaned.

Scep snorted and waltzed right up to the door. “You are all chickens. I’m gonna get the best room in the house, you watch me.” With that, he just pushed the door open and stepped inside.

“You know, wasn’t it he who first said that this place had the feel of his team’s resident mad scientist?” Shade whispered to Rascal.

“Shhh! I wanna see what happens. I hope there are Sledgehammers,” the Weavile giggled.

The entryway appeared to be a large, mostly-empty lobby, with a desk situated in front of the main set of stairs. Off to one side was a door to, presumably, the ground-level apartment. It was what was behind the desk that was interesting.

A Gabite that looked only vaguely like one. The shape was right, but the pattern of the colors was all wrong. There was a red stripe across her middle that reminded Scep of a Kecleon, and even her head had their patterns. She appeared to be vaguely bored or annoyed, and that only increased when she saw there were visitors.

“Yeah yeah, whaddya want?” she groused. “If you’re here to point and laugh at the freak, I’ve got a move all ready for you.”

Scep blinked in confusion. “Point? Laugh? Dudette why would I do that?”

“Oh I dunno, everymon else seems to think that I can’t hear them whispering about me, so just get it out of your system.” The Ground/Dragon type raised one arm and looked at it, clearly waiting for something.

“Dudette,” Scep rolled his eyes. “I am not going to make fun of you, ‘cause you’re different. I’m a PLA general. We’re all strange. You should see the Commander. Heck, he’d probably give you a high rank solely because you were different. Me? Aint one to judge on appearances, just actions.”

At that, the Gabite blinked before lowering her arm and actually looking at the Sceptile. “...Okay, either you’re just messing with me, or the rest of ‘em were right about how not everymon is an ass.”

“Everyone’s an ass, just some more than most,” Scep laughed. “Name’s Scep.”

The dragon actually laughed with him. “Ain’t that the truth! I’m Christine. So what’re you here for?”

“Some rooms for me and my crew,” Scep gestured out the door. “I’m used to roughing it, but they like it all cozy and nice.”

“Ah. Well, bring ‘em in, and I’ll try to not bite their faces off, as long as they’re half as civil as you,” she said with a wink. “Oh, and so long as you aren’t rude about it, go ahead and ask me the obvious question later...over a drink, though. Long stories deserve one.”

“A drink?” Scep licked his lips. “You’re speaking my language, dudette. It’s been so long since I’ve had a thirst quencher.”

“I know where the booze in this place is kept,” Christine replied. “I can get it easy. But go get your crew, Bit oughta be up here in a few. You saw the camera, right?”

“Seems like something Loom would make,” Scep nodded.

“Bit takes care of the outside defences,” the Gabite replied. “And when he notices new arrivals, he comes up to help handle pricing, along with making offers to the ‘mon that can help keep this place running. Don’t be surprised if he makes a few to your crew.”

“We’re not ones to be tied down,” Scep snorted good humoredly. “We like to roam...Well, I like to. Most mons don’t really care for me.”

“You’re good in my books; you were at least polite when you first saw me,” she replied with a smirk. “And I’m pretty sure they’re the sort of ‘mon that like to save a few bits on their room. I think that defines everyone, really. G’on, get ‘em in here. Let’s see how this plays out.”

“Alright, alright,” Scep held up his hands and chuckled. “Don’t be so pushy, dudette. I might begin to think you want me outta here. What? Tired of my ugly mug already?”

“More like wanting to get the pain over with. You watch, I’ll bet you your choice of drink they won’t be able to keep their damn mouths shut when they see me.” She looked more than slightly downcast at the end of her statement.

Scep smiled, but activated a Leaf Blade. “I’d like to see them try, but I know they’ll be civil….Well, most of them….Okay, I’ll hit them extra good to teach ‘em better.”

Christine did not reply verbally, instead choosing to rest her head on the desk she was situated behind, sighing while she did.

“And put a smile on that face,” Scep said as he walked outside. “It looks better on you.”

His back was turned, so he didn’t notice the blush or reflexive shimmer that coated her form before she returned to normal.

When Scep called them in, the first thing that happened was Alice walking in, taking one look at the Gabite, and suddenly she was at the desk. Like literally. In an instant. Staring intently at the Gabite.

“GAH!” Christine did not scream, no matter how many testimonies would say otherwise. She reacted calmly and reasonably by jerking her head and entire body back into her chair and scooting it a few feet. “Can I help you?”

“Fascinating. You’re a Gabite, but you’re certainly not a Shiny. Hm...markings like a Kecleon, and other slight differences...a possible evolution or adaptation?” the Zoroark analyzed, having gone into ‘researcher mode’ the moment she saw the odd Gabite.

“I’m going to take that as a ‘no,’ you can’t be helped,” the dragon deadpanned before looking over at Scep. “She do this a lot?” she asked with a roll of her eyes.

“She can be stupid sometimes,” Scep chuckled. “But she doesn’t mean anything by it.”

“I’ll take your word for it,” she responded before looking to the dark-type in front of her. “And Scep’s the only one I feel remotely comfortable telling...as well as the only one whose name I know,” the dragon prompted.

Alice blinked for a moment, before realizing what she was doing. “Oh dear,” she gulped, suddenly going straight. “I’m terribly sorry about that. I get caught up whenever I see something that might tie in with my research...well, my research from back on Earth at least. I guess old habits die hard,” she said nervously. “I’m Alice. Its nice to meet you.”

The dragon had noticeably stiffened at certain words during Alice’s speech. Namely, ‘research’ and ‘Earth’. Her tail lashed a little bit, colors dancing along it before it returned to normal. “I’m Christine,” she said in a tone with more than a touch of steel in it. “So, you lot want a room?”

“Er...yes. My team and I would like to rent a few rooms for the next few days. Same for our...benefactors as well,” she said, motioning to the Ponies who had stepped in and stiffened a bit at the sight of the dragon.

A new voice spoke up as a Porygon-Z ascended from the basement level. “Greetings and salutations,” it said, understood by Pokemon and Ponies alike. “This unit is designated as Bit. For how long would you like to stay, and how many rooms will you require?”

“Well…” Alice started, before motioning to Sleight Hoof.

Seeing the cue, he stepped forward. “Hm...I think we’ll be staying at least 4 days, since I’m going to be doing more than 1 show here. As for rooms...I think 6 or 7 rooms will do. We are a rather large group.”

Bit dinged a few times as he ran the data through his self. “Recommendation: you rent two apartments worth of rooms. Our usual weekly rate is fifteen bits. Eight bits per apartment for half a week comes to sixteen bits, unless one of the Pokemon you travel with has any moves that could make the running of this apartment house easier,” the Program recited. “Two adjacent apartments are available on the fourth, fifth, and sixth floor.”

Sleight Hoof, and the rest of the group blinked at the rather...mechanical way that was said. “Er...right. We’ll do that. Anyone want any particular floors?”

There were no answers.

“Alright, we’ve got…” he mentally counted. “14 people in total.”

The Porygon actually blinked at that. “Clarification: you meant you needed six or seven bedrooms?”

“Well...yeah, I figured some of us could bunk together or something,” he said, while Quick Storm nodded in agreement.

Slowly shaking his disconnected head, the Program pointed one limb to the stairs. “The sixth floor is entirely open, and each apartment comes with both a master and a guest bedroom. Four apartments per floor. Eight bedrooms in total. Revised bill: thirty-two bits.”

“That works. So...who’s gonna bunk with who? I’ll be with Quick Storm that’s for sure.”

“We can take an apartment,” Alice spoke up, motioning to herself and the other Pokemon.

“Same here,” some of the servants said, until they realized that there were 6 of them.

“2 of you can bunk in our apartment,” Quick Storm smiled.

“Yeah, so I guess we’re gonna rent a floor then,” Sleight Hoof chuckled. Then added when he remembered the dragon from before. “Though...you got any other tenants or employees we might want to avoid?”

Christine snorted once as Bit nodded. “The Nurem family takes up apartment 301. The pony landlord is in 202. Lala of Checkmate is beyond that door there,” the program pointed with his other arm at the ground floor door, “and Jessie, James, and Meowth are in 403. Two pony families live in 501 and 502, and the seventh floor is split between Pokemon families and ponies.”

“Alright,” Sleight Hoof nodded, before the Ponies all made their way upstairs. Alice on the other hand…

“Excuse me, but I’m pretty sure I heard wrong. Did you say Nurem? Cause there is no possible way HE got brought along here,” she said, though her eyes gained a dangerous glint. Likewise, her team tensed up, while Scep also did the same.

The Porygon-Z responded in kind, his eyes also flickering to their red state. Even Christine’s colors flickered at the accusation in Alice’s voice. “Information freely given: He had a son, nimrod,” the program stated.

“Yeah, and Vincent’s a freakin’ saint compared to the old guy,” the dragon deadpanned. “So would you like to try for strike two, or would you rather shut up now?”

Alice blinked in surprise, trying to remember the details she knew about Nurem, then relaxed when she remembered that particular report, and the info on the former wife of Dr. Nurem. “False alarm guys. Right family, wrong guy,” she said, though she didn’t really need to since the others had remembered that detail too when Bit pointed it out and had dropped their stances. All but Scep. “Sorry about that. Let’s just say your friend’s family name tends to...raise alarms,” Alice apologized, having not noticed Scep still tense.

“We know,” dragon and program stated in unison.

“I was in the mainframe for a while. I know why the name attracts its share of bad press,” the program said. “Vincent, however, is intent on taking it back from the Doctor. Thus, this building.”

“He’s treated us like family,” Christine growled. “We survivors stick together. That means stand down unless you want a Flamethrower up your ass, Scep!

Scep yelped and jumped back in fright. “Well excuse me for being a little paranoid, dudette. I don’t know anything much about this Nurem guy, but we knew about Doctor Raziel….” He shivered in fright. “I don’t want to end up some experiment….or eaten...but then, he was a bit of a cannibal, so he didn’t care if he ate humans or Pokemon…” He looked around nervously. “So, he’s not any of that?”

“Well...maybe you could call Vincent down? Maybe talking with him will ease Scep’s worries,” Alice suggested.

Bit beeped in the negative. “Ill-advised. Su-” at Christine’s growl, the Porygon-Z hastily changed his descriptor. “Lucy is a Lucario, Vincent’s girlfriend...and in her first Heat.”

The Pokemon all winced at that, while Alice looked a bit...confused. “Er...former human here, and Pokemon mating wasn’t really my area of expertise. Explanation please.”

“Look,” Scep cleared his throat. “When a mommy and a daddy Lucario love each other very much…..They bonk each others brains out for hours, upon hours, upon hours on end, destroying everything in their path with as much violence as possible……” Scep winced. “Yep, that’s Lucario heats….or really any heats. I’m glad we got rid of them with Loom’s pills.”

“...I don’t suppose you have any of that on you right now?” Alice shivered, offering a silent prayer that whatever Vincent ended up as, it was sturdy.

“Nope,” Scep shrugged. “Looks like I’m gonna have to chance it….Though, there ain’t any girl that’s gonna put up with me, so I don’t have to worry...ever.” He grumbled.

“Hey, the doc set the bar pretty low,” Christine said. “I know a dozen gals you could win over easy just by saying that you ain’t gonna cut them open or inject them with anything...or I would, if I knew where they were on this damn planet.”

Scep turned green...er. “No...don’t want to think about all that...damn flashbacks. I knew I shouldn’t have looked.”

The dragon seemed to take notice of what she had said and its effects on Scep and coughed to re-attract attention to herself. “And since I know a few of you are probably wondering, the kid apparently came over as an Abra. He’s a Kadabra now, though, and if I know him, he’s been listening ever since Bit came up.”

“I highly doubt he’d heard much from me or my team, seeing as we’re mostly Dark-types here,” Alice pointed out.

“I’m grass...thanks for remembering,” Scep snorted.

“I did say most. Charlotte and Spinner are Bug-types if you recall.”

Got that right, a voice said, everywhere and nowhere, but mostly in their minds. That’s why I waited until Bit came up, he’s Normal-type, I can borrow his ears. Trying to do it with Christine is...ill-advised. And by the way, well done on your anger control, Christine. Welcome, guests. Do make yourself at home. I’d greet you personally, but I have to monitor my love.

“Vincent Nurem, I presume,” Alice said, her voice becoming more...businesslike in a way. “I’d say it's nice to meet you, but...we’re not exactly talking to each other directly...of course, the fact that I can still hear YOU is pretty incredible considering the type of Pokemon I ended up,” she chuckled. “Either way, could you talk to Scep for a moment. It would be best if you could calm him down a bit. Unfortunately your...I don’t want to call him your father, seems to be a really bad topic...not that I can blame anyone for that.”

I’d apologize, but you try leaving a Lucario bound and helpless and see how much retribution they promise you! And it’s taking me using Bit as a transmitter to reach you, thanks to your typing. Otherwise, I’d have talked to you all the moment you set foot in the house. And call him the Doctor if you must refer to him. They once were two separate people. As for Scep...that depends on him.

“Well, as much as I like my new body, I didn’t choose it. That would be Arceus. As for Scep…” she turned to see Scep trying and failing to not tremble like a leaf. “...yeah, please do talk. He looks ready to lay an egg.”

Behind Scep, Rascal was rolling on the floor in laughter, while Shade was looking at him in amusement.

“I’m….fine,” Scep tried to stand tall. “I am a high ranking general...of the PLA….I have faced Doctors before…” He couldn’t help but glance at the exit. “And….and….”

At this point, Rascal decided to be an ass, and sneak up to him, before whispering, “Time for the experiment…” in a really creepy tone.

“TAKE RASCAL!” Scep screamed like a little girl. “I DON’T WANT TO DIE!” He made a dash for the exit, only to run into a thin, familiar red line that had appeared in his way. Christine’s form shimmered back into view, and she looked at him with disdain.

“Look,” she said, “If you aren’t going to at least try to listen to him, I’m taking all the booze you try to drink tonight for myself.” She then shot a glare at Rascal who had the gall to whistle innocently and mouthed the words ‘you’re next.’

...Scep, is it? Vincent’s ‘voice’ rang out in the Sceptile’s head.

“And now he’s in my head,” Scep gulped. “Look dude, look. I’m not trying to be a dick. I’m just trying to save my hide.” He looked at Christine. “So, give him a chance?...He isn’t going to do anything?....None of that ‘doctor’ stuff?”

The Gabite had barely opened her mouth before Vincent’s much more...tense voice rang out. You’re confusing me with the man who was my father. The one who injected me with Abra DNA when I was a babe and eventually lost his sense of right and wrong. I’m not him. I won’t ever be him. We made that promise together, and Arceus himself told me he’s not here. But if you still want to leave, I’ll understand.

Scep frowned. “Aww, why’d you have to make me feel all down? I don’t even know who your father is really? Some small shot mock up doctor or something?” Scep shrugged. “Eh, we didn’t think nothing about him. Now Doctor Raziel is where I’m afraid….” He shivered. “Now that was a villain, dude...He’d put your pap to shame...Whoever the fucker is.”

“Actually...it's the other way around,” Alice commented, earning a confused look from the Sceptile.

The Zoroark sighed, before explaining. “Dr. Raziel is indeed a very bad man, high on the world’s most wanted list, much higher than some other, more publicly known criminals like say...Phantom Thief Fox, or even Team Rocket. But despite everything, he was only the number 2 most wanted scientist on the list,” she shook her head. “No, that dubious ‘honor’ goes to Doctor Rupert Nurem. Wanted internationally for several hundred, maybe nearly a thousand cases of kidnapping, illegal experimentation, abuse of both human and Pokemon life, hundreds of cases of murder, and a single account of child kidnapping and abuse, with the child in question being Vincent up there,” she listed off. “Raziel was a monster, but compared to him, Nurem...he was considered an abomination.”

“Oh, so he was an asshole,” Scep sighed and gave a thumbs up, to which the Zoroark facepalmed at how...simple a reaction that was. “Kudos for making it, little dude.”

During the speech, Christine had turned away, her colors fluctuating wildly, but her breathing becoming deep and regulated. Bit dinged a few times. “Eight hundred and fourteen,” he stated the number simply.

“Geez…” Scep smacked his head. “I didn’t mean….I’m so….Gah.” He walked over to a wall and smacked his head. “Stupid. I should’ve just shut up…” He smacked his head again. “Oww, why’d you have to make the walls so hard. That hurt.” He clutched his head.

The only reply he got was awkward silence from everyone in the room, so silent, that they could almost hear the crickets chirping.

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” Scep looked at them pleadingly. “I’m not a dick. I didn’t...I...gah.” He growled. “This is why I don’t hang around other people. I say...gah. Sorry I even came here. I’ll go find some park and chill there. Maybe I’ll learn to keep my mouth shut.” He stalked over to the door.

“For the record, Scep, we’re only awkwardly silent cause you’re asking why the wall was so hard after you hit it with your head,” Shade trolled.

Christine reflexively stopped the Sceptile by putting her tail in the way and glancing at him over her shoulder. “I...I think I still owe you a drink...and I think I need one right about now,” she stated, shuddering slightly at the memories. “After all, I’m pretty sure you’re still winning our bet from earlier.”

“I don’t deserve a drink,” Scep snorted. “I...I don’t deserve anything really. I’m just some lowly thief...I even made you frown and all that...bringing that up. Aint right and I should’ve known better….Just shows you how stupid I am.”

Everyone is stupid on their own, Vincent said softly. It falls to someone you let into your life to tell you when you’re being stupid, so you can fix it. I learned that one recently enough.

“Huh?” Scep rubbed his chin. “Then I know what to do, little dude. I’ll start all over.” He jumped out the door and...then walked back in. “Hey, I’m Scep.”

The dragon blinked a few times before catching on and smirking, letting out a little laugh. “Hey, I’m Christine. What say we get a drink and ditch these guys?”

At those words, Rascal wolf whistled...and got smashed in the face by Christine’s tail for his trouble, and sailed over the counter. “You were asking for that one, you know,” Charlotte and Spinner deadpanned at their downed friend.

“Totally...worth it…”

Scep smiled wildly. “I like you… I really like you.” He laughed. “Let’s get that drink.”

“Yeah, two seconds. Vincent!”

At that, a small bag fell to the lobby in front of the dragon, clinking as it did. She scooped it up and jerked her head at the door. “C’mon, I know a place.”

And with that, the two were out the door, leaving everyone else to their own devices. “...so...Unity Building, huh? Other than the security system up front, anything else we should know about this place?” Alice commented.

Bit beeped before listing off the features of the apartment building. “A garden on the roof, growing some Berries. A furnace that can run on Fire-type moves, an air-conditioner that can be similarly powered with Ice-type moves. A generator and capacitor that can be used to store excess Electric-type energy, and a water tank atop the roof that is designed for Water-types to fill easily.”

“Ah, I see. Well, I suppose Rascal could help with the air-conditioner,” Alice suggested.

“No thanks. I’m here to kick back and relax,” came the response.

“...nevermind, she sighed. “So...I guess we might as well go to our rooms. Anyone else we should meet before we get comfortable?”

Well there is the issue of-

“WOBBUFFET!” the blue blob took the pleasure of introducing himself from his position of standing quietly in the corner of the lobby. Loudly. At the top of his lungs. Right behind Alice.

Naturally, this had the expected effect. “Er...can someone get something for Alice to land on. I don’t think she should be hanging from that chandelier for much longer…” Shade blinked, though the same thought was running through their heads. “How the hell did we NOT notice him before?!

Wobbuffet merely snickered and stood underneath the one he’d just startled, nodding his whole body once. “Wobbuffet,” he stated, holding himself rigid in preparation.

“I don’t know what you said, I don’t know why I didn’t understand what you said, but I got the gist of it. Fine, if you’re asking for it....Payback Cannonball!” Alice shouted, letting go, though not actually using the move, and landed on the Wobbuffet. “You know, is it just me, or have I seen you before?” she idly commented as she could now see the Wobbuffet up close.

The blue blob took the brunt of the attack without complaint, only deforming slightly before snapping back to his usual self. “Wobbuffet? Wobbuffet Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet.” Here he pointed at the other members of her team and nodded, but pointed at her and shook his whole body in the negative. “WobBUFFET.”

I’d apologize for him, but that’d defeat the point. He doesn’t talk, and I’m trying to get him to.

“Well, whatever he’s saying, all I can tell for sure is that he seems to know my team, so I probably met him when I was still a human,” she mused. At that particular moment, a female Pyroar and male, very odd, very familiarly odd, Meowth came up from the basement.

“Bit, what is taking so long to deal with the new arrivals?” the Pyroar asked in a very familiar voice.

“Huh? Is that…?” Alice blinked, trying to remember where she heard that voice before. Likewise, her team were also wondering why these two seemed so familiar. At that particular moment, it clicked. Not by what the Meowth was saying, but by the fact that those who listened discerned the fact that he was speaking English.

“Probably the amount of ‘em,” the bipedal cat said. “I mean geeze, I thought our circus was bad. These guys only need a tent to surpass us.”

“No way,” Alice blinked. “Jessie? Meowth? Is that you?”

Jessie and Meowth blinked in turn, looking at the Zoroark before them. “Why is that voice so familiar?” Jessie mused. “I want to say I know you…”

“Well, it HAS been a while. It's me, Alice. Alice Maximilion. We met shortly after you...left your previous employment,” Alice chuckled, while her team smiled as well, when they recognize them.

While it was slightly unexpected by almost everyone there, Jessie responded to the revelation that Alice had made it to the new world and come to visit with a hug that most humans would not think themselves capable of surviving. “Alice!” She cheered. “I had wondered about who else made it, and I’m glad to see you’re one of them!”

“Well, last I checked I never did anything too wrong back on Earth, so...yeah. And as you can see, everyone else came too,” Alice smiled as all her Pokemon came up and hugged the former Team Rocket members as well. “So what have you two been up to? Not getting into any trouble I hope.”

“Depends on your definition of trouble,” Meowth said with a snicker. Jessie shot a look up to her passenger before replying to the statement quietly.

“Remind me again, whose idea was that?”

At that, the Meowth fell silent before turning away. “No idea what you mean,” he stated, pointedly not looking at any ‘mon for a moment.

“We’ve been well enough,” Jessie said to fill in the silence. “Vincent offers us shelter and sanctuary, in exchange for services rendered. The only real times of excitement are when Wobbuffet sneaks up on someone. Like I’ve told him not to.”

“Wobbuffet!” the psychic defended himself. He then pointed at some of the Pokemon in the lobby and nodded. “Wobbuffet, wobbuffet.” He then pointed at Alice and shook his head and self before tilting it to one side. “Wobbuffet? Wobbuffet.”

“...yeaaah...still have no idea what you’re saying,” Alice deadpanned, before turning to Jessie. “So...same old same old, then? Guess some things just never change,” she laughed, before adding, “Careful though, you wouldn’t want someone like say...John, or maybe Jonathan to find out you’ve been naughty kids now, do you?”

Or me, but once I found out, I forgave them, seeing as how they listened to reason, Vincent’s ‘voice’ spoke from around them. I’ve...I’ve been doing a lot of that.

“Ya know, for a guy who’s supposed to be having his brains fucked out by a lust crazed Lucario, he sure is talking a lot,” Rascal idly commented, earning him a light smack on the head from Shade.

Well, Lucy is a bit tied up at the moment, which is how I’m able to even withstand her Heat. It’s also why I didn’t greet you in person: someone has to monitor the bindings, make sure they’re not too tight that they hurt her, or too loose that she gets free and ties me up instead.

There was a pause as the new arrivals processed that. Then they all blushed. “Ooooh, so you into bondage then,” Rascal was the first to talk again, before his eyes glinted mischievously. “Alice is into that too, especially with Spinarak webs,” he laughed, before dodging a Shadow Ball, courtesy of the human turned Zoroark, whose face was bright red through her fur, a mixture of embarrassment at the implication, and indignation at his exaggerated statement.

“I only tie you up in that stuff so you don’t do something stupid...again,” she yelled.

Easy there, a chuckle filled the air. I’d rather not have to explain why any more walls needed replacing to my insurance provider. And sorry to say, but that’s the last thing you’re going to learn about our bedroom practices. Welcome to the Unity Building, and try to leave it intact.

There was the slight sound of static as the mental ‘voice’ cut out this time. Bit blinked a few times before nodding and making for the stairs down. “Arrivals settled, price determined. Returning to computer project.”

“Well, you heard the Porygon. We might as well settle in. It was nice meeting you 2 again. Tell James I said hi, will you. We might be busy later,” Alice said, before she and the rest of her team made their way upstairs.

-break-

Later, after they all settled in, the Fox gang was sitting around in their room, as Scep hadn’t returned, with Shade betting that he wouldn’t be back till morning at least, though nobody took her up on that bet. As the five of them sat around, Rascal smirked a bit, before tapping his claws in a sequence. A sequence they invented back on Earth. Recognizing it, Alice and Shade moved closer, while Charlotte and Spinner closed their eyes for a moment, and had Vincent not been pre-occupied with Lucy, he would have noticed what felt like the two Spinarak suddenly fading away from his senses, but as he was preoccupied, he didn’t notice it. “Alright, Rascal, what is it you want to talk about that needs us to go to this length?” she asked.

“Oh, I was just thinking. We’re in the Sin City of this world, a city ripe with nightlife and crime,” he started, before a face splitting grin appeared on his face. “Sounds like the perfect place for us to...introduce ourselves again.”

The four of them looked surprised, before an amused look crossed Alice’s face. “Interesting. It HAS been a while since we did a spontaneous heist, and we have just enough time to prepared. Problem is, we don’t have a target.”

“Would this help then?” Shade cut in, before pulling out another flyer (one she had picked up on the way there), and showed it to them.

“Hm… ‘Crown Jewel Casino celebrates reopening after repairs and 10 year anniversary. Special centerpiece: Gemstone Roulette. All gamblers welcome for celebration’,” she read as she noticed the date. Tonight. “Why yes, Shade. I think this really works,” Alice mused. “Let’s get to work.”

-break-

The new manager of Crown Jewel looked around happily. After that fiasco a few weeks ago, they had to close down the casino for repairs, though thankfully the repairs were financed by the money that Pegasus Air had made off of them when the old manager was in control. After the last manager had been arrested, he had been promoted to the new manager, and he was looking forward to running a good as new, and hopefully this time, clean business.

“Sir! Come quick!” came the voice of one of the employees. Blinking in surprise, he ran to where they were calling, the Gemstone Roulette, and one of them was holding a card, which read: ‘The Gemstone Roulette will be mine. Phantom Thief Fox’. “Why me...?” he mentally moaned. Of all the people it could have been, why did HE have to be the next victim of the thief who had recently robbed 3 of Equestria’s Princesses. THE PRINCESSES! With those facts, what chance did his casino have…

-break-

Several hours later, it was nearing midnight, yet like any other big city, life was still going at full speed in Las Pegasus. One such example would be Crown Jewel Casino, with a very large number of nobles and other wealthy folks coming in to have a good time with some good old fashioned gambling. However, despite the fun atmosphere, it was...dampened a bit by the presence of a good number of the town guard. “Well now, looks like this city has a pretty fast response,” Shade mused as they watched from the roof.

“Well, it is a rather...chaotic city. I’m sure their responses are faster because of that,” Alice mused as she put on her Fox guise. “Well then, shall we get ready?”

“You got it,” they all nodded, as Shade slinked away, making her way to her target.


The festivities went on for a while, everyone enjoying himself. Everyone except the guards, who were anxiously awaiting their target. Blackstone on the other hand was relaxed and chilling.

“Ahhh, my favorite part of a good old stake out, waiting around for whatever’s about to happen, to happen,” he said casually, glancing up to the ceiling where Noi was currently making like a shadow and hiding from the halflight. “You see anything Bit?”

“Nothing out of the ordinary at this time,” Bit replied.


“Not for long,” Fox chuckled. “Hit it, Liepard,” she said to her communication gem, as Liepard shut down the power.


The lights went out, plunging the casino into darkness.

“Flash,” Bit responded, lighting up the area around and beneath him by causing his form to glow with an intensity similar to what the lights had been. Blackstone had thankfully shielded his eyes before he started and when it had eventually dimmed down even further he was able to see the room. Those unlucky enough to be looking at where he had been were seeing a few Bit-shaped spots for a minute. However, the scene that was revealed after the darkness was lifted was...no different than it was before the lights went out. That is, until a black shape appeared behind one of the guards.

“There she is!” one of the guards shouted, before charging, and unfortunately, tackled the unwitting guard in the process, ending in a messy dogpile. “Did we get her?” His answer was the black shape slipping through them, revealing it to be a cape, which just floated in space for a moment.

“Do you really want an answer to that?” Blackstone asked the guard rhetorically, rather disgusted by the display. “Congratulations boys, you’ve graduated from Thief Catchers to Cape Catchers, sadly that doesn’t come with any more bits or benefits.”

“Reveal yourself,” Bit stated, his disconnected head swivelling around near constantly as he looked for the one he was supposed to be guarding the Gemstone Roulette from.

As if in response to his words, the cape suddenly twirled into a spiral, before shooting through the crowd and into the middle of the room, and when it uncurled, it revealed the form of a Shiny Zoroark, dressed in a black cape and a black cavalier hat, standing confidently in the crowd, before bowing slightly, much like how a magician would bow on stage.

Bit’s head snapped around to point directly at the Zoroark, his body rotating to join it in its orientation after a second’s time had passed. “Phantom Thief Fox, I presume,” Bit stated.

“Guilty as charged,” Fox chuckled in amusement.

“A cute choice of words,” Bit stated before pointing at the night guard between the Illusion Pokemon and the Gemstone Roulette. Taking this as his cue, Blackstone stepped forward and cleared his throat.

“Do you think you could stop wasting my time and resources on this so that we can go back to doing our real jobs and stopping murders and rapists?” Blackstone inquired, glancing over her with a raised eyebrow. “Or are you really that important?”

“Honestly, not really. But, I’m already here, and like any good magician, the show must go on,” she said, her confident look never once leaving her face.

“Ooooh, you’re a magician, and this is a stage show is it?” the thestral asked, raising an eyebrow further. “Funny, it looked like a robbery, then again, I guess those things can get confusing, robbery, stage show, magic trick, grand theft, tomato, tamaato.”

“...you know, you don’t have to strain yourself for a come back,” she deadpanned.

“And neither do you apparently,” he replied with a small shrug. “‘Cause that sounds practiced, meaning I’m not nearly the first officer’s valuable time you’ve wasted.”

“We’ll see about that,” she chuckled again in amusement.

“So this is your first time?” he asked. “Guess I should be honored by that, sorry miss, I’m a married stallion so I’ll have to turn you down.”

Fox just chuckled in amusement. It wasn’t everyday she dealt wit a cop with wits like that. This was gonna be fun.

“Officer Blackstone, in what condition would you like these thieves?” Bit asked, his gaze never wavering.

“Leave us something to arrest, will you?” Blackstone asked, not glancing away. “And don’t use too many bright lights eh? Being nocturnal, that kinda thing hurts my eyes.”

“That depends entirely on how difficult this becomes,” Bit stated in reply, three colored orbs already rotating around his form as he prepared his favored Tri-attack.

Fox just stood there, her hat tipped over her face, revealing one of her eyes, her seemingly constantly amused expression never leaving it.

All at once, the orbs dissipated as Bit canceled his favored move, going for a super-effective move instead. “Signal Beam,” he said, causing a multi-colored beam of light to leap from his beak towards the Fox.

The attack struck, leaving a trail of smoke in its wake, the thief seemingly taking a direct hit from the attack.

Blackstone, however, hung back and looked around. “Yeah, it’s never that easy, come out miss,” he said with a small shrug as he kept his head on a swivel.

“Very perceptive. Kudos for being the first pony here who didn’t fall for that,” came Fox’s voice, and suddenly, she was standing behind Bit.

He didn’t think, so much as react. “Thunder wave!” The electricity burst from his form and washed through the room, impacting those unlucky enough to not have taken any cover prior to his startled outburst.

The thief’s body hit the ground, electricity crackling from it, but to the surprise of everyone watching, the body revealed to be faceless with the word: ‘Gotcha’ written on it.

Bit returned to his position over the Roulette wheel, keeping his head on a swivel and reacting to the slightest of noises, a bit twitchy as he realized he’d been tricked into incapacitating most of the Guard he’d come to help. “I. Will not. Fail. I. DO NOT. FAIL,” he stated as though they were more laws of physics or the universe than just opinions.

“Now if only I got a penny for every time someone said that,” came Fox’s teasing voice, the thief now standing on the other side of the room.

“I’m guessing you’d have about three in that piggy bank,” Blackstone stated as he got back to his hooves, having dived away from Bit’s electric attack. “Noi! Deafen this vixen!”

To his surprise, Noi didn’t respond immediately. He looked up and saw why. At the moment, there were a pair of ridiculously large spiders advancing on his Pokemon. “Noi!” he exclaimed.

“Ah yes, you didn’t think I came here alone, did you?” Fox chuckled, as she looked up. “Spinaraks 1 and 2, do tie that Noibat up. I’d rather it not interfere.”

“Yes ma’am,” the two of the saluted, before firing matching strings of webbing.

Noi stared at the oncoming netting and then grinned and her ears turned in the direction of the Spinaraks. The netting was inches away from her before a BLAST of physical sound slammed into them, tearing them apart and crashing into the pair of bugs.

“You’ve eaten your last Zubat!” the little Noibat shouted shrilly at them, unleashing another wave of sonic energy at them.

“No, I didn’t think you’d be alone,” Blackstone said with a small smirk as the two Bug Types were put into full retreat. “I planned ahead, imagine that.”

“You’d be surprised how few do,” Fox deadpanned, as the two Spinaraks decided to let go, and fell...right into her hands. “Think fast,” she said, before they both fired webs at Blackstone.

The Thestral flared his wings and launched himself backwards before the webbing could hit him. “Darling, I’ve been on the force for longer than you’ve been alive,” he drawled before Noi let out an angry screech from above. “Think fast.”

And a blast of sound slammed into the Fox’s sensitive ears...and that would have been a problem...if it weren’t for the fact that she simply stood there like it was nothing. If anything, it seemed she was more focused putting something into the Spinaraks’...ears...things...or whatever it was bugs used to hear.

“GUST!” Noi shouted before flapping her wings hard and brewing up a small windstorm around the fox.

“Yeaaah. I think not,” Fox simply said, flicking a pair of metal balls over at Noi, but positioned in such a way that they were aimed ABOVE her. Noi, being an agile little thing, darted away from the metal balls and darted towards Fox, clear Wing Attacks on either wing.

“Freeze,” Fox chuckled. From his spot, Rascal grinned and with the precision of a sniper, fired an ice bam at the Noibat, freezing him solid, leaving him to land on the ground with a clatter.

Which gave Fox just enough time to notice the rather large Thestral’s front hoof before it slammed into her jaw, hard.

Fox grimaced at the pain, but instead of fighting the force, she relaxed her body, rolling with the blow. Still hurt though. “Ouch. Should probably have seen that coming,” she chuckled as she rolled back to her feet, the two Spinarak jumping off her hands.

Blackstone didn’t say anything this time, he simply swept at her across the ground and came up strong, hoof slamming into her crotch followed by one to the stomach.

Unfortunately for him, what happened next completely ruined his awesome moment. Fox burst into a cloud of smoke, revealing another dummy shaped like a Zoroark, only this one had the words: ‘you fell for it’ written on it, as the metal balls attached to it burst, coating him in webbing and nets.

“Well, now that’s just plain cheating the laws of all reality,” the stallion muttered, struggling in the bonds.

“It's all in the Phantom Thief Handbook,” Fox chuckled as she reappeared. “Don’t worry, those will dissolve in time, so no need to worry about it getting stuck in your mane,” she finished, before turning back to Bit. “So...anything else? Or can I go now?”

Bit made the sounds of heavy breathing as he focused his attention on the Fox’s form. In fact, it was a little too foc- “Lock-On,” he stated, smirking slightly.

“Oooh, not bad. Let’s see if you can catch this trick. After all, it's showtime,” Fox smirked, her hand on her hat as she said her favorite catchphrase. And with that, she charged forward.
“Zap Cannon,” Bit said in response, his head automatically tracking the form he’d Locked earlier. Normally, he never touched this move because of its inaccuracy, but in this case, he needed not only the damage, but the paralysis effect.

Fox smirked again, seemingly unconcerned with the attack heading her way. However, right before it hit, she vanished.

Bit actually twitched visibly at her disappearance, and decided on a new tactic then. “Dark Pulse. Dark Pulse. DARK PULSE! I WILL NOT LET YOU GET CLOSE, MUCH LESS SUCCEED!”

The waves of pure shadow erupted from Bit’s form and swept through the room, each one meant to find and push Fox back. However there was a notable lack of resistance.

“Nice choice. But there is one flaw,” Fox teased again, before she suddenly dropped from the ceiling, and tagged Bit with a small ball, before jumping away.

Bit’s eyes shifted then, to their red version with cross-hairs. He. Was. Pissed. Or insane. One of the two. Despite that, Fox continued to look on with her amused expression, like she wasn’t staring down an angry Porygon-Z.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” she said.

“ICE BEAM,” he stated, before aiming at the floor around the Roulette Wheel. “AREA DENIAL MODE IN EFFECT.”

The target Fox was so intent on was ringed with ice from the program’s attack. He then turned his gaze back to her, blind fury still driving his actions. “PREPARING SIGNAL BEAM.”

Fox just watched on with her amused expression. “This has certainly been a fun night,” she mused.

Bit took aim, before reconsidering and going back to a move that had almost worked before. “LOCK-ON. NO ESCAPE POSSIBLE NOW. SURRENDER OR FACE MY NEXT ATTACK.”

“Tsk. Tsk. Silly Porygon. Haven’t you learned by now?” she chided, waving a finger. “There is nothing impossible for Phantom Thief Fox,” she said, tipping her hat over her face again.
“ON YOUR HEAD BE IT. ZAP CANNON.” The familiar move came at Fox again, Bit not intent on needing to recharge...or explain the property damage that using a Hyper Beam would bring.
Fox just smirked, before saying, “Checkmate.” As she used several web bombs...on her cape, while wrapping herself in it. The attack struck, hard, covering her from view.

Bit waited for the smoke to clear, hoping he’d finally done what he’d been asked to.

However, from the smoke, a figure suddenly dashed forward, and before he could react, it tagged him several more times, and with a snap of a finger, he suddenly found himself wrapped in several layers of webbing, before he felt a sharp blow to the top of his head.

“Didn’t I tell you? You didn’t want to do that,” Fox teased, not looking the least bit damaged.

Bit struggled, trying to get his arms, tail, and head free of the webbing. It felt wrong, so very wrong, for his head and body to be this close! “Grrr...DiScHaRgE,” he muttered, hoping that it might help his situation. His body sparked, but ultimately sputtered out, the attack failing to do what was needed.

“Don’t bother. That webbing is a special solution I made myself. Its strong as a Bug-type’s web, while being non-conductive, fire proof, and even ice resistant. Only way you’re getting out is if you had someone with claws get you out, or you wait for it to dissolve within the hour,” Fox simply said as she casually walked over to her target. “Now then, as promised, the Gemstone Roulette is mine. Adieu,” she said, before seemingly floating up to the ceiling, her target securely in her arms, and landing on a balcony, from which she made her exit.

The program’s scream of rage could probably be heard half the city away as he cursed not only Fox, but the ponies that had put him in this situation to begin with. He never failed! Granted, that wasn’t a point of pride, considering his past ‘employment’, but the point stood!


Outside the Casino, The Fox gang winced as they heard the scream. “Maybe I went a bit too far,” Fox winced, honestly feeling a little bad about Bit. They honestly hadn’t expected to see him on the scene, hence why instead of all of them, only she entered the Casino. But, like any other Fox, she adapted, and delivered on her promise...Bit was just unlucky to have put himself in the way. She was just glad she had packed enough of her special solution to coat her cape with. Otherwise that last Zap Cannon would have fried her.

“Well...all’s fair in love and war?” Shade offered, before they beat a hasty retreat.

“Hey, come to think of it...where is the Guard Station anyway? We kinda have to know to give this back,” Rascal commented.

Everyone thought about it for a moment, then facepalm/paw/whatever-ed. At least, for the moment. After said moment, they saw several ponies in suits of armor running by towards the Crown Jewel, shouting something about how they had to secure the scene and form a perimeter.

“Time to go!” Fox said as she quickly stuffed the Roulette into her cape, before they took off into the night. Along the way, they happened to pass a certain residence, where a certain young Griffin had gotten up for a glass of water, only to be treated by a sight that he would remember for a long time. Wow...he looks awesome… Was the thoughts on one Bruce Claw’s mind as he watched the Phantom Thief leap into the night.

Ending theme:

Author's Note:

Hey everyone. Sorry its been so long. Life has been so hectic, and with the Group so quiet I just never got to finishing this until now. Anyway, part 1 of 4 of this crossover with Thadius0's A New World, A New Mind.