• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 4,376 Views, 460 Comments

A New World, A New Stage - tdnpony



A Thief and a Cop find themselves in a strange new world. Watch as their game of cat and mouse continues even in Equus.

  • ...
16
 460
 4,376

Twelfth Heist

Opening theme:

“Alright. This is it. Nowhere near as smooth as we would have liked, but we’ve gotta do this,” Fox sighed, as they were standing on the roof of the train yet again, only this time on top of the last two cars. Gray Hat’s personal train cars.

“Alright, since we don’t have any time considering we’ve likely got two heat seeker missiles on our tails...skip the formalities?” Shade suggested.

“Yeah. Its more important we get that ring,” Fox nodded, before frowning and turning to the colt that was still with them. “And Toichi, for Arceus’ sake, PLEASE go back to the luggage car. The last thing we want to do is involve you in this,” she sighed.

“But…” he was about to protest, but the pointed glare the Pokemon sent him told him all he needed. “Okay…” and with that, he went down a nearby hatch, going into the luggage car.


“Sir, Sir! We’ve received reports from the grunts in the front carts. There seems to be multiple disturbances all over the train! These… Pokémon even attacked some of our own grunts! What are your orders?”

“This was supposed to be a calm and peaceful trip. All those bits wasted in these damn carts, and on the damn excavation. If those Pokémon destroy the train, it will be all over. Gah. Tell them to fight off the threat, and overall, protect these carts, with your life if you need to!”

However, just as he said that, there was a sudden explosion, and the roof came down...right on top of a group of grunts, crushing them underneath.

“Thanks for the soft landing,” a mischievous female voice chuckled from behind the cloud of dust that was kicked up. When it cleared, it revealed a small group of Pokemon, one of them a large fox dressed in a hat and cape. “Hope you’re all ready for the show,” she chuckled.

“What the heck do you want!? Just leave me alone you freak!” Gray Hat demanded, “All of you, whoever grabs that damn Pokémon gets eight thousand bits as a reward!”

The still standing grunts reached for their weapons, as they showed lances, whips, and even swords, before rushing towards the group of Dark types.

Fox just smirked, before tossing a few metal balls at each of them, and when the balls impacted, the grunts were coated in sticky webbing, before Rascal fired an Ice Beam at each of them, freezing them solid. “What a cold welcome. Didn’t your mother raise you better?” Fox taunted in amusement, as they started to advance towards Gray Hat.

“You had one job! This is what I get for hiring cheap employees.” The unicorn muttered, as his body started shining on a strong glow, disappearing before Fox reached him, and reappearing in the next, and last cart of the train.

“Hmh...almost forgot Unicorns can do that. Oh well, good thing we got Toichi’s little gifts,” Fox chuckled, as she looked at the remaining 3 Shock Bombs she still had.

“Well, he’s got nowhere left to run, so the only problem is that ring,” Shade said.

“Then we’ll just smash it,” Rascal said.

“I’ve got a better idea. Spinarak, please ready one sticky web. You’ll be doing some fishing,” Fox ordered.

“Understood,” the Spinarak saluted as they moved to the door.


While this was happening, Toichi was still on the roof, having decided that this was better than going through whatever was in between here and the train car they had been on. However, as he was walking, he heard the sound of fighting down below, and from the sound of it, it was pretty intense.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” came a gruff voice behind him. Turning to the source, he saw a big stallion glaring down at him. “Sorry kid, but we can’t have any witnesses,” he smirked, before advancing on Toichi.

Toichi paled slightly, but quickly acted. Pulling out one of the two Shock Bombs Fox had left him when she sent him back, he threw one at the stallion, catching him in a shock field.

“Oh man...I hope they’re okay…” Toichi said worriedly, before looking at the last Shock Bomb he had. He then had a determined look, and promptly turned around, running back to the train cars the Fox gang was in. Along the way, he jumped down one of the holes to get there a little easier. “Miss Fox, wait!” he called out, hoping she was still close enough to hear him. However, as he started to run, a whip grabbed his leg, bringing him to the floor. A bulky earth pony pulled the unicorn towards him, not letting him continue.

“Bullet Punch!” A green blur rushed towards the grunt, as various weak yet repetitive orange colored punches struck the earth pony, leaving him unconscious. “Eric, you and your Volcarona go ahead. Frederick, go with them, we need to stop Fox before she tries anything,” Steven said.

“Alright, you heard him, we’re going ahead!” Eric exclaimed, as they all went by Steven, but not before adding. “And be careful, Steven, there might be some ponies left.”

“Don’t worry about me, as for you,” The Steel type glared at the young unicorn. Toichi glared right back at the sight of the people who were trying to catch his friend, and the longer he knew her, his new idol.

“Kid. I don’t know what kind of lies Fox told you, but if you think this is some sort of game, you are wrong. Fox is a criminal, and helping her only means you’ll end up like she will, in jail. Go back to your parents, I don’t think they’d like this,” Steven said.

“But Miss Fox helped my parents a lot. Its because of her the bad ponies can’t hurt them anymore!” Toichi shot back. “And she’s trying to do it again. If she doesn’t stop that bad pony from getting that ring, a lot of ponies might get hurt!”

“Bad pony? What bad pony? The only bad person here is Fox!”

Toichi stamped his hoof in annoyance. “No she isn’t! Miss Fox is the good guy...girl here! The bad pony is that crime lord mom and dad were talking about!”

Steven looked at Toichi’s eyes for a moment, his expressions, his words, there seemed to be no lies on his words. The grunts, the ring. Could it be that Fox was actually trying to help? Steven recalled the reports of the Fox heists back on Hoenn. Something was always odd about them. They almost always returned what they stole, and most of the times their heists lead to bigger arrests. The Ranger Union made it seem like they were just trying to eliminate the competition, but was it true?

“I can’t believe I am doing this. Kid… you said something about a ring, what exactly can this ring do?”

Inwardly Toichi was smiling. He was getting through to this Pokemon. “Well, mom and dad’s old friend told us about it. Its a magic ring that can amplify a Unicorn’s power to insane levels. According to him, if that Unicorn gets that ring, a mountain will be a minor problem, since he could just blow it up. Miss Fox is trying to stop him from being able to do that,” Toichi explained, hoping to convince the Pokemon that his family’s savior was a good guy...or girl.

“You have no idea how hard it is to believe you right now, but if what you are saying is true, then Fox is the least of our problems. I hope I’m doing the right thing. Kid, hop on my back, you wanted to go with her, then lets go.” Steven leaned forwards, and pulled back his wings, only showing a metallic bar which worked as the shell of his folded wings.

“Cool, I’m riding a metal lobster-bug,” Toichi grinned as he hopped on.

“I can’t believe I’m actually doing this,” The Steel type mumbled, before rushing forwards to the next cart.


Meanwhile, in his personal carriage, Gray Hat was frantically tossing aside various items that he had piled on top of what he was looking for in order to hide it. Finally getting to the bottom, He grinned as he pulled out the bronze box that held his prize.

“Going somewhere?” came a sly voice from behind him. Turning to the source, he saw the Pokemon from before, all three of them having confident smirks on their faces, and not a single one of his grunts in sight.

“Gah, guards!” Gray Hat called, but there was no response, as all of his henchmen were already knocked out. “My mother always told me, if you want something done right, do it yourself,” he muttered darkly as he pulled out the ring.

“And my dad always told me to be prepared,” Fox laughed, as from the ceiling, a rope of webbing shot out, snagging the ring in Gray Hat’s magical grasp and promptly pulled it back to Fox, who grabbed the ring. “Checkmate,” she chuckled.

Gray Hat became alarmed, as his ultimate weapon was taken away from him with extreme ease, “What, No! Drop that ring, you don’t know what kind of pow- WOAH!” As Grey Hat rushed towards Fox, yet slipping and falling due to a lone banana peel that was in the way.

“...that was random,” Fox blinked, before she noticed Rascal idly eating an already peeled banana. “...what am I going to do with you sometimes,” she chuckled in amusement. “Well, at least we go the-”

“Bug Buzz!” A familiar voice called, The gang’s their ears were once more assaulted by the deadly screech that came from directly behind them. When it died down, a Hydreigon barged in, followed by a Sylveon and a Volcarona floating backward to join up with his trainer.

“Good lord, man! Do you HAVE to keep doing that?!” Shade shouted in annoyance while all three of them were holding their ears. As the gang got back on their feet, Fox noticed that something was missing.

“The ring!”

“Looking for this?” They all looked back at the unicorn stallion, who was now holding the ring on his hoof, a malicious grin on his face.

“...gee, thanks for that distraction, ya maniac!” Rascal growled at their attackers. “You’ve ruined EVERYTHING, and now there is a high chance we are all gonna die! So thanks for ruining the day, hero.”

“What are you talking about?” Eric asked with a neutral look. “All I see is you thieves stealing someone’s ring.”

“Oh, you foolish Pokémon, there’s no such thing as a high chance, you see, there are no chances here. You are all, most definetly, going to die.” Gray Hat raised his hoof, getting the ring closer to his horn. “And that weird Pokémon is right, here, there are only thieves stealing MY ring.”

“No! Don’t let him put that ring on!” came Toichi’s voice.

“What?! Toichi?! I thought I told you to stay behind!” Fox gasped in alarm upon seeing the colt...riding on Steven’s back. .

With reaction faster than the eye could see, Eric quickly made a command. “Alex, Will-o-Wisp!” But before the orbs could reach the stallion, a strong glow started emanating from his eyes. The Will-o-Wisp stopped mid air, surrounded by a red aura, before disappearing into nothingness.

“It’s too late, behold. The power of the ancient ring!” The unicorn started floating, and as if gravity was nothing but an obstacle, the things around him started floating as well.

The only thing that Eric could think of saying right now is just two words. “....oh...shit!”

“Once again, thanks for ruining everything, hero,” Rascal groused again.

“Enough, Weavile,” Fox glared at him, before turning to Steven and Eric. “Okay, we’ve got a crazy pony who is more than ready to kill us with ancient powers that can blow up mountains. Truce?”

“There’s no other way, Fox. We need to get to an open area, do you think you can lead him to the roof?” Steven requested, getting his wings out and preparing to fight.

“I’ll see what I can do,” Fox said as she quickly rummaged through where she kept her bombs. “...and I know just how to do it,” she grinned, before looking at Gray Hat.

“Hey lame brain, I bet your mom was so retarded, she named you after the first thing she saw,” she taunted.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER? YOU… DESPICABLE THING,” Knives and lances started floating around him, all surrounded in the aura of the ring’s power. “DIE YOU SCUM!”

But before he could actually do anything, a small metal ball went splat on his face, covering it in pink paint. “Whoops, too slow, PINK hat!” Fox laughed. “Heh, no wonder you need that ring. You probably couldn’t catch a snail with your power normally!” she laughed, before running up the ladder and out the hatch to the roof, her team following closely.

“YOU DESPICABLE THING!” Gray Hat fired a massive red beam towards the gang, who swiftly dodged it. The roof was no more, as a giant hole revealed the calm nightsky.

“You know, we’ve REALLY been tearing up this train’s roof. I wonder how nobody has called the authorities yet,” Fox idly commented as the Unicorn burst through a good chunk of the roof at the end. Fortunately, this left ample space for them to fight. “A little help would be appreciated here,” she said, calling down the hatch to her impromptu allies.

“Eric, Alex, Frederick. You go and help her, put as much pressure on the unicorn as possible. I’ll think of a plan to shut him down!” Steven called

That jolted Eric out of his trance. “...right, let’s go!” The three of them went up straight to the roof to join up with Fox’s gang.

As they did that, Steven turned to Toichi. “Kid, you seem to know about this ring. How can we stop its power?”

“Well...it may be strong, but its actually very simple,” Toichi started. “I mean, the ring may have magic power, but if we remove the ring...or maybe cut off his horn...or even destroy the ring, then he’ll lose all his power,” he explained.

“Cut off the ring… how?” Steven thought to himself, before realizing that he had a way to stop Gray Hat, a plan that was too risky, but possibly, the only plan they could use. “Kid, you’ll feel an odd sensation in your head for a bit, I need you to relax and let it happen. A voice will come through, don’t panic when it does. We’ll need you to keep us informed, but we also need you to be safe. Got it?”

“Uh...okay?” Toichi said uncertainly...then he felt a presence enter his mind. Gulping slightly, he forced down his instincts that were screaming for him to run and let the presence in.

Mister Toichi, can you hear this?” A robotic voice inside his mind asked.

“If you want to say something, just think hard enough and it’ll be sent through the mental link.” Steven informed, getting ready to join the fight.

Uh...like this?” he thought.

Affirmative, welcome Mister Toichi. I am Layton, Steven’s partner.

Introductions for later, Layton. I’ll need you to go to the roofs final carts of the train, now. Pockets, I’ll need you to do the same, but stay inside. You’ll meet Toichi here, protect him from any harm, jump off the train if necessary, understood?

Got it Steven. We are going that way.” A feminine voice added

But before he advanced, something called Steven’s attention. Lying there, on a box, a light blue somewhat transparent crystal was resting with many other different kinds of gems. A strange white and gold pattern could be seen inside it, a pattern that Steven had seen many times before. In fact, Steven knew what the crystal was, as it was not a crystal, but a mega stone. “They were sent here as well...” Steven grabbed the stone, and tossed it towards Toichi’s direction, “Kid, give that to Pockets when she arrives, keep it safe, understood?”

“Er...okay,” Toichi nodded, taking the crystal, not the least bit understanding why it was so important. Steven pulled out his wings, which started flapping, allowing him to rush forwards, and into the fight.


Up on the roof, the Fox gang were gracefully dodging a veritable barrage of silverware and various other sharp metal items...well...as well as they could with the limited space. “This is getting ridiculous. We can’t even get close like this,” Fox grumbled.

“Alex, Protect!” Of all the thing the gang expected to happen, the Dreaded Bug has floated down in front of the gang and casted a Protect barrier of fiery color. The silverwares pelted the barrier harmlessly.

As it turns out, Eric positioned himself on the other side of the roof, thus trapping the stallion right in the middle. “Sylveon, Moonblast the Unicorn!” Frederick jumped over the Hydreigon before firing a pink orb toward the empowered unicorn.

“You too, Liepard. Hyper Beam!” Fox quickly ordered, as Shade obeyed, the two attacks flying at Gray Hat.

“You are all weak! WEAK!” Gray Hat shouted, stopping the attacks mid air, and returning them to their attackers,who were forced to dodge…again. “WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND? YOU ALREADY LOST!”

“Great, killed by a pony. This is how I end? Meh I expected worse.” The Sylveon sighed, before launching several small Shadow Balls towards the floating unicorn.

“Sorry, but I don’t intend to go that easily,” Rascal growled, before firing a Blizzard at the Unicorn.

“Alex, Quiver Dance, then Rage Powder, draw his attention away!” With the command, the Volcarona flickered out of existence. The pony never see it coming as a powder is spread all over him, turning his vision red.

“You won’t escape. DIE YOU PITIFUL BUG!” Gray Hat launched massive beams, aiming at the fast Volcarona, who barely managed to dodge the attacks.

“Hyper Beam!” The Volcarona gathered a massive energy right in front of him. Due to the effect of Quiver Dance, of course, the beam that was fired became more massive than normal.

“Dark Triangle!” Fox barked, as the three of them tried their combo move again, the high powered Dark Pulse racing towards Gray Hat.

The pony surrounded himself on a field of magic, which absorbed all the attacks, releasing the power in the form of waves afterwards, sending all the Pokémon back.

Alex went flying towards Eric, who quickly caught him just as the bug impacted his chest. “I got you!”

Shaking his head slightly, the moth looked up at his trainer gratefully. “....thank you for, uhm, catching me.” Eric nodded in return before releasing the bug from his grip.

“Hey, anyone wonder where Stone went?” Fox couldn’t help but ask as she picked herself up, dusting her hat a little.

“Meteor Mash!”

A silver blur flew above their head, showing four iron claws surrounded by a yellow star, rapidly spinning like a massive iron top. The Unicorn tried to stop him, but due to his speed and power, the attacks managed to hit, yet the unicorn took the damage like it was just a scratch. The unicorn grabbed the Metagross, and launched it towards the rest of the team. Layton slowed down, and revealed his four legs, landing next to the shiny Scizor that controlled him

“Guess that power boost wasn’t just his magic…” Shade groaned in annoyance.

“Toichi was right, we can’t do any sort of damage to him unless we separate him from that ring.” Steven informed

“That’s kind of what we were hoping to do from just now,” Shade idly said.

“Of course, it would have been SOOO much easier if SOMEONE didn’t insist on attacking us like a starving Growlithe on a piece of meat,” Rascal snarked again.

“Weavile, one more time, and you’re in time out after this,” Fox warned. She knew Rascal was a little sore with the Hydreigon, but this was no time to antagonize allies.

“No, he is right, it was kind of my fault. We’ll do it!” The voice of the Hydreigon caught their attention. “For the moment, Alex has the best chance of distracting him. Due to the effect of Rage Powder, the unicorn will focus his attention on Alex. “You try to think of something up, we’ll play cat and mouse for now.”

“Great, that’s just what I needed. Fox, I’ll need you to let Layton into your mind, I have a plan, but if he hears us, it won’t work.” Steven said, as his pincers began to glow.

“...fine. But it better be communication only,” Fox nodded, though she still focused her mind to keep up her mental block against anything OTHER than receiving and sending thoughts. The same was done by the rest of her team. When she felt the presence enter, she asked, “So what do you have in mind?

After hearing what he had to say, Fox nodded. “Sounds good to me. Let’s go.”

“Hey, Gray Hat. You know, if what they say about the ring is true, then you must be really weak if you haven’t been able to take us out yet!” Frederick called

“SHUT UP!” Gray Hat exclaimed, preparing a large metal bar and aiming at him

“He’s right. In fact, here’s a present for LOSER,” Fox chuckled, before chucking a Shadow Ball at him from another angle, while he was in the middle of the attack.

“YOU PESKY BRAT!” Gray Hat changed his aim, and prepared the bar to be shot at Fox.

“Will-o-Wisp!” And yet another interruption came in the form of glowy blue flaming balls that were shot towards him.

“ENOUGH!” Gray Hat screamed, stopping the orbs, and ripping the metal bars in 3, and shooting each at the taunting Pokémon.

“Hammer Arm!” Layton called, destroying the metal piece that was shot at Frederick

“Ice Beam!” Rascal barked as he froze the bar aimed at Fox solid, while Shade smashed it with a Rock Smash. He then fired another Ice Beam at Gray Hat, nicking his hoof.

“Heatwave!” Alex called, flames surrounding the incoming bar. Until it became molten metal that dropped harmlessly on the roof.

“GAH! YOU ARE SO ANNOYING!” Gray Hat said, as various trees from the surrounding area began lifting off the ground, flying towards the Pokémon.

Everyone, around us, dodge or attack but whatever you do, don’t let him throw you off the train” Layton said, before smashing a trunk with a Bullet Punch.

“Don’t need to tell us that,” Shade chuckled as she dodged another tree that passed right over her.

They all did as the metal saucer said, Both Eric, Alex, and Frederick went flat on the roof as a large part of earth was thrown at them.

“Weavile!” Fox shouted.

“On it!” he said, before using Blizzard to freeze it solid, followed by Shade destroying it with a Dark Pulse, which was then directed at Gray Hat.

Gray Hat, still focused on the trees, did not notice when the Dark Pulse struck him, and neither did he notice the damage that was supposed to make.

And here I thought that was a ring that only powered up magic. Not defense. So how is the plan coming along? We can’t last forever here,” she asked over the mental link.

I’m on the move, we just need to reach him, keep his attention on you. Eric, on me!

Will do,” Fox mentally saluted, before she threw another Shadow Ball at him.

”Alright!” The former trainer pair charged at Gray Hat. Both from the opposite side of the roof.

“YOU THINK I CAN’T SEE YOU? YOU PESKY BRATS, I SENSE IT ALL!” Grey Hat exclaimed, sending various red beams at the two running Pokémon.

As swiftly as they could, the pair dodged the incoming beams as they reached their level. Eric had to reflexes to sufficiently do so, while Steven had the agility to dodge too. Soon, they were meters away from the empowered crime lord.

“YOU ARE ALL PESTS ON THIS COUNTRY, ON THIS WORLD. YOU DESERVE TO DIE!” Gray Hat took off a huge chunk of metal from the side of the cart’s wall. He ripped it and launched sharp pieces to all the Pokémon around.

“Eric, get rid of that! If I dodge more, I’ll fall of the train!” Steven called, looking at the Hydreigon behind him

His survival instinct kicked in once more when the sharp pieces were flying at them. He opened his mouth as a soft glow came, followed by a Dragon Pulse that blasted all the metal pieces away.

Shaking his head slightly, Eric quickly went forward first. “Time for the finishing blow, Steven!”

“Ok, lets finish this!” Steven exclaimed, as he started flapping his wings, brewing a Tailwind which speeded Eric up. “Fox, now!”

“You got it! Close your eyes!” she barked, before throwing a single, oddly shaped bomb. The bomb went off, revealing that it was a flash bang, and it went off right in Gray Hat’s face, blinding the half-mad pony. .

While Gray Hat was blinded, Eric floated next to the unicorn, and surrounded his neck with his arms, pulling it back to the roof level.

“Steven, finish it now!” The Hydreigon exclaimed as he struggled to hold the Crime Lord in place.

“Please work again…” Steven said to himself, as the thorns on his pincers glowed a bright white, he opened the pincers, and aimed for the horn. “BUG BITE!”

A loud chop, and then a metallic sound. Gray Hat screamed in pain, as the power he once held began fading. He looked at hooves, and saw his precious horn on the cold ground, the ring still on it.

“....it’s done.” Eric released the unicorn from his grip, watching him try to pathetically attempt to put his horn back.

“I think this has caused us enough trouble,” Fox simply said as she almost casually yanked the horn out of the now powerless pony’s grasp, and promptly dropped a web bomb on him. “Show’s over.”

“Give me the horn, Fox. I’ll give it to the authorities.” Steven ordered, opening his pincer.

“I’ve got a better idea. I think this thing has done quite enough already,” Fox simply said, as she tossed the horn into the air. “Hyper Beam.” And it was promptly obliterated, ring and all by a Hyper Beam from Shade.

“That’s a way to do it,” Frederick chuckled from the distance, as he called for a Wish to heal himself up.

Did...did it work?” Toichi asked from the mental link, the colt trembling in where he was hiding.

It did, thank you, Kid. Without you, I wouldn’t have known what to do. You are a hero,” Steven replied, sitting on the roof and letting out a loud sigh.

H-happy to help,” the colt smiled weakly, finally crawling out of his hiding spot as the Pokémon went back into the train car, the now cocooned Gray Hat with them.

“Yo, Steven, I heard some crazy explosions going on up there. You guys Okay?” Pockets asked, seeing the dusty and injured Pokémon.

“My readings indicate that we are all on a stable condition. In other words, we are Okay.” Layton replied coldly.

“Well, glad that’s over with,” Rascal sighed.

"Yeah, that was tough. But you're still a fugitive, Fox, and even if you helped or not, I have to arrest you " Glancing at the Volcarona beside him, Eric nodded. "Alex....you know what to do."

“Why you dirty, double crossing…” Shade was about to say, but Fox stopped her.

“Enough, Liepard,” Fox sighed, and raised her arms up in surrender. “After all that, I’m way too beat to want to deal with these two. Sides, I’m fresh out of bombs I was carrying. So its better this way, right?” she sighed, but unseen to them, she winked at Toichi, who blinked, before his eyes widened slightly.

“Don’t worry Fox, I’ll try to help you out in court, if there’s one in this place at least. Maybe reduce your sentence a couple of years, who knows.” Steven shrugged, flapping his wings to regain a regular temperature. “Scizor sure get pretty heated up in battles, huh?

“Much obliged,” Fox nodded as they started to walk out of the train carriages. However, just as they were entering the luggage carriage, Toichi suddenly fell over, which the entire Fox gang ran to his side. “You okay, kid?” Rascal asked.

“Layton, analyze his body! Frederick, get ready to run back to the medicine room!” Steven ordered, as he walked towards the young unicorn.

“Steven… I suggest you back off. There’s nothing wrong with--”

“You were really cool Mr. Stone, but sorry. I owe Miss Fox more,” Toichi smiled regretfully. In the short time he had talked to Steven, he thought he was a cool guy, but in the end, he had to choose between Fox and him. Making his decision, the last Shock Bomb he had levitated out of his mane, and shot at the collective Pokemon, and soon detonated, covering them in another Shock Field.

“Oh, did I forget to mention? I was out of bombs, but the KID wasn’t. I’ll leave Gray Hat to you all. Adieu,” Fox chuckled, before the metal attachment that connected the luggage car to the last two train cars was promptly destroyed by twin Shadow Balls from Shade and Rascal, leaving the two remaining train cars to be left behind by the rest of the train, the Fox gang waving to them as they disappeared into the distance.


“You okay, kid?” Fox asked, noticing Toichi’s dour mood.

“Yeah...I just feel kinda bad for doing that…” he said as he watched the train speed off into the distance, waving slightly in goodbye.

“That’s fine. In fact, its good,” Fox smiled, giving him a pat on the back. “It means you’ve got a good sense of what is right and wrong.”

“Huh?” Toichi asked.

“They’re not bad people. Especially Steven. I should know, he was...is one of the most respected and honorable people on Earth,” Fox explained, before frowning. “Toichi...why DID you come along? I mean, while I’m certainly thankful for the Shock Bombs you made, you could have just given us the bombs and ran. Instead you came back. Why?”

“I…” Toichi sighed. “I wanted to help. You've done so much for mom and dad...you even caught that bad mayor. I guess I wanted to try being a hero like you,” he said.

Fox chuckled in response. “That was very brave kid,” she said, before her expression became stern. “But very stupid too. This isn’t a game, Toichi. You could have gotten really hurt out there...or worse…” she sighed. “As for what you think of me, I’m flattered, but I’m not a hero, kid. I’m a thief. I may help catch bad people, but I still steal and break the law. As far as the law is concerned, I’m a criminal.”

“But…”

“No buts, kid. You know about your parents’ pasts right?”

“Yeah?”

“Well, do you think they WANT to see you more or less follow in those footsteps? To see you get on the wrong side of the law, maybe even go to jail?” Fox said, her tone dead serious.

Toichi was taken aback by that, but just as he was about to speak, he started to imagine that happening. The answer came to him easily. “No…”

“Then there is your answer. I made my choice to become Fox, knowing exactly what it entailed, and what might happen. My advice Toichi, live your life well. You’re a good kid, and you’ve got a loving family. Don’t waste it,” Fox smiled as she got up. However, noticing how down Toichi looked, she added, “But...if one day...after you’re all grown up, if you ever decide to do something...a bit crazy, make sure you know full well what you are doing. This isn't a game Toichi. A little something you should know about heroes. They run a VERY big risk of dying young.”

Toichi looked up at her, and with a surprising amount of understanding, nodded. “Okay, Miss Alice. I understand,” he nodded. He understood what she was saying. She didn't encourage him doing things like what she did, but she wouldn't stop him either. All she was asking was that he make sure he understood completely what he was doing.

“Good. Now come on, let’s keep a look out. The others should be here….real soon,” Fox smiled, as in the distance she noticed the familiar form of a carriage, and an equally familiar Sceptile and old couple standing on the roof. Now she just hoped she didn't run into a certain stubborn trainers again...at least until MUCH later. She had quite enough of dealing with Hydreigons and Volcaronas for now.


Ending theme:

Author's Note:

Double post part 2.

Collab between me, Uber Reaper, and ThatOneVolcarona. Enjoy

Fellow author's notes:
Uber Reaper - Ah, classic traintop battles, how I love to kick a crime lord’s ass like that alongside TDN and ThatOneVolcarona. First time I had a three-way crossovers, nevertheless, I enjoyed writing it with these two awesome authors. With that, I hope you all like this crossover as much as I do. Enjoy!

ThatOneVolcarona - This was extremely fun and exciting to do. These two guys are great, and this crossover just shows how awesome they are. Hope you all enjoy this episode as much as we enjoyed writing it. Also, don’t you just love blowing up trains?

P.S.

For Eric and/or Steven's side, see the following fics:
A New World, A New Dawn
A New World, A New Champion