• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 3,616 Views, 58 Comments

Sonata's Modern Life - The Forgotten Siren



Sonata enjoys her new life while Adagio hides a secret.

  • ...
5
 58
 3,616

Can you really help?

The next morning both Adagio and Aria had worried expressions on their faces. The curse was becoming worse as time progressed. The Siren’s curse was to the point were people could become physically ill just by looking at their faces. Luckily, Twist stayed in the nurse’s office after Adagio convinced her of having a bug. However, the issue was how the Sirens would leave the Alternative House and even go to school without making anyone sick. Adagio and Aria sighed as they sat on their respective beds waiting for one of the Rainbooms to come help. Suddenly, Sonata Dusk came out of the bathroom with a smile on her face.

“Hey guys, why so sad?” Sonata asked confused.

Aria face palmed as she grunted. “We are “SAD” because the curse is even worse. We are now making people physically ill.”

“Yes, I thought your friends were to come and help us?” Adagio asked with a disgusted look.

Sonata just smiled. “Oh yeah, they will be here to save us and get this whole thing fixed.”

“And how are they to do that? They know nothing of Sirens.” Adagio asked.

“Um..I don’t know. The magic of friendship maybe?” Sonata said shyly and confused.

“Sonata, you are the reason why they made Tylenol.” Aria said rubbing her head.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Sonata was about to get it until Adagio grabbed her arm. “Are you crazy? We have no idea who it is. Did you forget the curse?” Adagio said annoyed.

“Oh, my bad” Sonata said. “WHO IS IT!?” She yelled, making Aria and Adagio cover their ears.

“It’s Rarity, I have an ideaaaa on how to help you with the curse.” She said behind the door.

Adagio grunted as she went to the door to open it. There standing was Rarity with her eyes closed and holding three colorful veil hats. Each hat was designed with the siren’s respective colors and had an arrangement of jewels on the brim.
Adagio raised an eyebrow.“What are those?” The yellow siren asked.

“These are veil hats darling.” Rarity said walking in with her arms waving infront of her trying to find a place to sit. Sonata helped her onto Adagios bed. “You see darlings, I had a brilliant idea. Last night my little sister and her friends were playing God of War, and they came across these hideous tacky monsters called gorgon. Well I thought to myself, why doesn’t the hunk just wear a veil to protect his eyes from her stare, and then it hit me, why not make veil hats that you girls can wear to shield people from the curse.

“And what? We wears these the rest of our lives?” Aria asked rudely.

“No, Sunset said Applejack might know someone that can help.” Rarity said with a smile.

“It’s a stupid idea.” Aria said

“I like it. Look at mine.” Sonata grabbed her veil.” Its blue and sparkly and everything.”

“Again stupid idea.” Aria said again rolling her eyes.

“Well, I’m sorry if it’s not your style.” Rarity said rather annoyed by Aria’s disrespect.

“It will have to do for now girls. We have no choice.” Adagio said grabbing hers and adjusting it on her head. The yellow siren had a hard time adjusting it on her head due to the mass of hair.

“Why don’t you just cut it Adagio?” Ara asked.

“Why don’t you just shove the silver vi..HA I did it!” Adagio said finally getting the hat on.

Adagio handed Aria hers in which the purple siren rolled her eyes and grabbed it and tried it on. Rarity opened her eyes to see the three sirens with their veils on. She gasped at her work.

“You all look lovely!” Rarity said with a smile. “Applejack always told me funerals weren’t a place for fashion, but I have proven her wrong.

“Good for you princess.” Aria grunted.

“Rarity isn’t a princess silly, thats Twilight Sparkle who we haven’t seen in forever.” Sonata remarked.

Aria rolled her eyes behind the veil. “Anyway, tell us marshmallow, how are we to go out looking like this?”

“Don’t worry, I have it all planned” Rarity replied.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The four girls grabbed their book bags and headed out the door. The girls were starting to walk toward Rarity’s white Toyota prius. But before the girls got there, Ms. Harshwinny called out to them. Adagio and Aria grunted as they looked to see Ms. Harshwinny walking toward them. Sonata waved at her in which Aria shook her head.

“Excuse me ladies, but why in the world are you wearing those veils? You know it is against school policy.” Harshwinny demanded.

“Too bad your face isn’t against policy.” Aria mumbled under her breath.

"What was that Ms. Aria?” Harshwinny asked.

“She said too ba-mmmph” Aria covered Sonata’s mouth to stop her from blabbing.

“Girls, I demand an answer as to why you are wearing veil hats?” Harshwinny asked again this time more stern.

“You see, Ms. Harshwinny, our friend Sunset Shimmer’s grandpa had passed away and they are wearing these veil hats in respect. It is their religion.” Rarity said.

“Religion? What religion is that?” Harshwinny asked.

“Norse” Rarity replied.

“Norse? You mean Thor and Loki...that religion?” Harshwinny asked raising an eyebrow.

“Hey our God has a hammer, yours was nailed to wood.” Aria said with a smirk.

“Mmm sorry girls I’m afraid-“ Harshwinny was cut off.

“Ms. Harshwinny, am I to understand you are trying to take away these girls religion? You should be ashamed. I mean you wear a Star of David necklace proudly and did not care what Filthy Rich had to say about it when he tried to take that away from you. This is their beliefs and you taking that away. That makes you no more then Filthy Rich?”

Ms. Harshwinny gritted her teeth as she heard the word “Filthy Rich” going through her ears. Filthy Rich, even though he would never say it out loud, was not fond of Jews. Last year he tried to get Mayor Mare to ban the rights of the Star of David in work places. Ms. Harshwinny fought to keep her rights to wear her religious symbol at work. Filthy lost, but ever since he made an enemy of Ms. Harshwinny. She thought about what Rarity had said about her becoming as low as filthy and shook her head. She refused to be anything like that troll.

“You know what girls, never mind you can wear and parade your beliefs if you want to. You have my full support.” Ms. Harshwinny said with a smile and then walked off. “Hope Filthy gets hit by semi.” She mumbled under her breathe.

As Ms. Harshwinny left, Aria took her hand off Sonata’s mouth. Sonata had a confused look on her face “We’re Norse?” Aria and Adagio just

shook their heads and started to get in the car. Adagio had shot gun and Sonata and Aria sat in the back.

“Wow, didn’t think you girls lied?” Adagio said putting on her seat belt.

“Darling, I’m the element of generosity, not honesty.” Rarity chuckled.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before the girls came to school, Sunset Shimmer had told Principal Celestia as to what was going on with the sirens and what the six girls were doing in order to help. Celestia agreed to make sure everyone new of the story Sunset made up to keep the students and teachers from bothering the three sirens. This in turn meant Sunset had to say “thank you” to everyone who told her they were sorry for her grandpa passing, including Sonata who was the only one in the group to believe in the lie.
As time went on it was finally lunch time and the girls sat at their table ready for the mystery girl to show up and help the Sirens.
Adagio looked at Applejack. “So tell me who was this person who can help us?

“Ooh, ooh is she a witch? Or, or a gypsy?” Sonata asked hyperactively.

“Or maybe a magician, or a wizard?” Pinkie Pie added.

Applejack bit her apple and chewed it three times before swallowing it. “Nah, I got that transfer student.”

“Transfer student? You mean the girl from Africa?” Sunset asked confused.

“Yeah, that one. I saw a documentary on tv about how they know voodoo and stuff. I figured she be able to help.

Rarity choked on her mash potatoes. “Um, Applejack darling? Remember that time we went to the mall and you saw Diamond Tiara making fun of Applebloom for being southern?”

“Shoot yeah, we southerners are not stupid, toothless, watermelon seed spitting, barefoot walking, banjo playing, cousin loving, overall wearing, inbred. That there was not right of her to stereotype us like that.”

“Yeah, Applejack, don’t you think you just did the same thing with Zecora?” Sunset asked her friend.

Applejack soon realized the error of her ways, but before she could react Zecora had come and sat beside her. “Hello Applejack and to her friends, the same. Zecora is my name.”

“Hey Zecora, did applejack fill you in on why we might need your help?” Sunset asked.

“Why yes, these three in veils are in need of a spell.” Zecora replied. “You thought I was a enchantress and that I did freaky dances?” Zecora said taking a sip of her milk. “Magic, as you know is true, But sadly I possess none to help you.”

Applejack took her hat of as she looked at Zecora. “I’m mighty sorry Zecora. I didn’t mean to offend you.”

“I’m not offended Applejack dear, we all make assumption I fear.” Zecora said with a smile.

Adagio slammed her hand on the table in frustration. “Great, So the country girl fails. Any other bright ideas bacon head!?”

“Look Adagio, we can’t give up, we need to-“ Sunset was cut off.

“Need to what? wait for more stupid plans from you? You already failed.” Aria grunted.

“Hey at least she is trying unlike you three.” Rainbow barked.

“Um girls..” Fluttershy said sheepishly.

“You want to go at it skittles? Cause I really have some pent up energy I want to let out on that stupid face of yours.”

“Yeah, come at me you Monster High reject. I’ll be more then happy to beat you to a pulp.” Rainbow shot back.

As the girls were arguing with each another, Sonata just sat quietly with her head down. She started to sniffle and tremble as Adagio started saying nasty things about her friends she then slammed both of her hands down on the table. “STOP!!” The cafeteria went silent as Sonata stood up. The girls looked at her waiting for her to say something. “Just...stop fighting....” Sonata then turned and ran out.
Sunset and Adagio got up and were about to go after her. “Stop, let her cry, I have a feeling help will come from a pie.” Zecora said eating her hotdog as the girls looked at her strangely.

“Oooh what kind of pie? Is it lemon, apple, pumpkin, pecan?” Pinkie asked

Sonata ran crying into the bathroom. She went over to the sink and threw her veil to the ground. Sonata then looked into the mirror thinking to herself on how she and the other two sirens were going to live if Sunset was not able to help them. She never took anything seriously in her life but friendship because that was the one thing important to her. However, this curse would make it impossible to live with.

Sonata soon heard the toilet flush. She looked behind her forgetting about her veil. As the door opened, out came Maud Pie looking right at her unfazed by the curse.

“Oh, you’re my sister’s siren friend.” Maud said with no expression. “My sister tells me you ae in need of magic help. I think I know two people who can help?”

Sonata’s face brighten up as she heard those words. “ for R-reallzies? Thats great!” Sonata ran and hugged Maud really hard. She then realized that her veil was still off and that Maud wasn’t effected by the curse. She looked at Maud with a weird look. “How come you're still not effected?”

“Internet” Maud replied.

Author's Note:

Ok everybrony, sorry for the huge delay. This is the second to last chapter of the story.
Zecora did give me trouble with having to rhyme, but I finally was able to do it.