• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 3,922 Views, 267 Comments

Wilmont - gmen15



A RealityXMLP crossover with 6 teenage boys in the fictional town of Wilmont, New York.

  • ...
14
 267
 3,922

The Diner

Chapter 3: The Diner

Carl's House

Carl pocketed his phone and rubbed his eyes, "Okay, my friend will be here in a little bit. Now if he sees you, I'll know you're real because he doesn't drink or do anything like that. He's like the male version of Mother Theresa with that stuff."

"Um...what does drinking have to do with anything?" Fluttershy asked.

Carl seemed surprised by Fluttershy's apparent lack of knowledge regarding alcohol and it's consumption at parties.

"Seriously? Wow, with all of the partying that goes on in Ponyville, I thought that you'd definitely have something like alcohol."

"Look, Carl, no offence to your world but I didn't really enjoy that party we were at. I mean the music was too loud, people acted like...well...like they weren't themselves. And based on what the Princess told me, it was because of the stuff people were drinking...alcohol, right?" Twilight asked, somewhat nervous that she insulted the human race, and Carl, for giving her take on the party.

Carl chuckled, "Yeah, your parties do seem more innocent. Ours are a bit more on the chaotic side. Here you'd probably need to be hammered to actually enjoy yourself, which is why my friend Ryan hates going to parties."

"Oh what does hammered mean! Hang on!" Pinkie then pulls a hammer out of nowhere and raised it above Twilight's head, ready to literally bring the hammer down on her friend's noggin. "Hang on Twilight; I'll help you enjoy the parties!"

Twilight looked up and flinched in fright, a scream leaving her lips just as Carl interrupted the Pink mare.

"No, no, no!!!! Pinkie, that's not what I meant! I meant drunk, not hit with a hammer!"

"Oh..." Pinkie's smile faded for a moment before it returned as if it never left, "Okey dokey Loki."

She tossed the hammer behind her and it landed with a "thud" on Carl's carpet.

She then looked at Carl with her innocent smile, like she was completely unaware that she almost smashed her friend's head in.

Carl put his face into his hands and sighed, "Jesus Christ in heaven help me."

He then walked over to his bed and sat on the soft mattress.

While waiting for Ryan to arrive, Carl began to chat it up with the six ponies, discussing the Internet and other aspects of human life that Celestia didn't really go over with them about.

Typical things most people would discuss with the mane six if they popped up in their bedroom.

Carl even got around to showing them his iPod. Wanting to see how different their tastes in music were, he wanted them to listen to some tunes, starting with rock songs.

Unfortunately, he didn't have a lot of time to figure out their preferred genres, because almost as soon as he started to play another Rush for them, the doorbell rang.

Carl stood up from the floor.

"All right guys, you six have fun playing with my iPod and I'll be right back."

He jogged off.

Because everyone in his family were very heavy sleepers, the doorbell didn't get the attention of his mother or sisters as all as they slept soundly in their beds. Carl thanked God for this lucky trait that his family was blessed with. Except for when he overslept his alarm and missed the bus; that always sucked.

When Carl opened the door, he saw Ryan standing outside, an exaggeratedly cocky grin on his face, his hands outstretched like he was some divine being.

"The King has arrived." Ryan said with a fake elitist's tone.

"Just shut up and get in." Carl hissed. Ryan shrugged and entered the house.

Carl shut the door and turned to his friend, "I need you to come upstairs with me right now."

Ryan stared at his friend, a very confused expression on his face, before he managed to speak up, "Why?"

"I need you to tell me what you see in my room."

"Um...okay? Should I be concerned?" Ryan asked nervously.

"It's nothing bad man, I swear. Actually, if it is real, you'll think it's cool."

"Cool you say, hm? How cool?" Ryan asked.

"Twenty percent cooler than you can imagine." Carl said, grimacing at the use of the overused Rainbow Dash quote. Well, to him it was overused. Ryan, on the other hand, loved Rainbow Dash quotes so his face lit up like a star as soon as the words left his friend's mouth.

"Hey, if you make a Rainbow Dash reference, I'll walk hot coals." Ryan said with a chuckle.

The two friends climbed the stairs to Carl's room, where the sounds of six girls giggling could be heard. Carl quickly got in-between Ryan and the door to stop him from entering. He looked at Ryan square in the eye.

"Look dude, you've got to promise me, above all else, that you won't freak out or scream."

Ryan raised his right hand and said. "I swear to the good Lord Jesus Christ that I will remain calm." Carl breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good, because it's unreal." He opened the door. Ryan stepped into Carl's room and his eyes suddenly went wide as he saw all six ponies in front of him, sitting on Carl's bed with his iPod. Carl shut the door and turned to see Ryan and the girls' reactions. They all stared at him and Ryan gave Carl his answer to the question "are the mane six really in my room" with one, long syllable.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." Ryan droned.

"Oh boy! Another human I can throw a party for!" Pinkie pie jumped into the air enthusiastically before bouncing over to Ryan, "Do you like parties? Oh, silly me, I forgot to ask you what your name was. What's your name?"

Ryan snapped himself out of his trance and looked down at the excited Pinkie Pie.

"My n-name, is...R-Ryan." He muttered, looking at each, individual pony in front of him before he whispered. "Wow this is unbelievable. I can't believe you're all real."

"Well believe it buster, 'cause I don't want Carl to call anypony else. This room is full enough already." Rainbow Dash said as she put her hooves onto her hips while flying in front of Ryan.

When he laid his eyes on Rainbow Dash, his favorite pony on the show and possibly favorite cartoon character of all time, Ryan turned a bright shade of crimson and turned away from her.

Rainbow Dash noticed this, "Hey pal, are you all right?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, I am. Thanks. It's just; it's an honor to meet all of you."

Now when Ryan said "all of you" he did mean all of them, but he also used it as a way to avoid saying "you" directed only at Rainbow Dash. Carl noticed his blush and how much he was holding back his emotions. But he thought he was just restraining a fan-boy-gasm. He tapped Ryan on the shoulder.

"Um Ryan, can I talk to you downstairs?"

Ryan turned to Carl and nodded. Both boys left and shut the door. As soon as the door was closed and the boys gone, the six ponies began to giggle like any other group of girls.

"Oh my gosh, did you see how he acted around us?" Twilight said with a smile, trying her best not to burst out into laughter as she thought about Ryan's behavior.

"Yeah, it was like we were his heroes." Applejack giggled.

"Yeah, especially Rainbow Dash over here. I think he has a little crush on you" Rarity said suggestively, even throwing her a little nudge with her elbow.

"No he doesn't. He just knows how totally awesome I am." Rainbow Dash said with a cocky shrug and smile. After all, she was the fastest flier in all of Equestria, should Ryan really have acted any differently?

"Um Twilight, darling, if you don't mind, I was wondering if you know how to figure out who the other five elements are." Rarity asked. Twilight put a hoof to her

Twilight shrugged, "Princess Celestia showed me how to use my magic to find out who they are." she said, pointing to her horn, "Otherwise, I don't know. Oh yeah, she also told me was that they'd know each other," Once the words left her mouth, her ears perked up, "Wait, hang on girls. I'll be right back."

She closed her eyes and teleported out of the room so that she found herself at the top of the stairs. Below her, Ryan and Carl were talking at a low whisper so they wouldn't wake the entire house, but Twilight could still hear their conversation rather clearly from where she was standing.

"Okay Ryan, listen, you just need to calm down. You're acting like you just won the lottery."

"How can I calm down dude? The mane six are in your house, do you understand how freaking awesome that is? We're living every brony's dream."

"Yeah, I know that." Carl said with an aggravated sigh. "You still shouldn't be acting like a loon."

Suddenly Ryan stopped with his excitement as a serious thought crossed his mind. "Wait, why are they here anyway? Did Twilight mess up one of her spells or something?" Ryan asked.

Carl was about to answer when they heard someone, or somepony, clear their throat behind them. They turned to see Twilight standing there, looking at them.

"Oh hey Twi, what's up?" Carl asked as he tried to get used to calling her by such a personal name.

"Not much." She said with a smile before she turned to Carl's blonde friend, who was still trying to calm himself down, "Ryan, could you come here for a second?"

Ryan nodded and walked over. Twilight got onto her back-legs and put her fore-hooves onto Ryan's chest. She put her horn, which was glowing purple, against Ryan's heart and closed her eyes to concentrate on something. Ryan was somewhat nervous at having Twilight do this to him, but he didn't complain. After all, it was too cool not to get bit excited at what was happening. Twilight's eyes went wide and she stepped off of Ryan. She gave him a big smile, which confused Ryan.

"Wait right here." She said before there was a flash, followed by an empty space on the floor where the violet mare once stood. Carl and Ryan stared at the spot in confusion for a moment before there was a second flash in the same spot, followed by the re-appearance of Twilight. This time, however, she also came with a very befuddled looking Rainbow Dash. The cyan Pegasus shook her head to re-gain her composure, as she was never one for teleporting, and shot a glare at Twilight.

"Ugh, you know how teleporting makes my head feel Twi." Rainbow Dash rubbed the top of her head.

"Sorry Rainbow, I just wanted to let you know we've found our second element."

Rainbow Dash looks at Twilight in confusion before she turns towards Ryan. Once what Twilight said registers in her stubborn head, Rainbow Dash's eyes suddenly widen and she turns back to Twilight.

She points at Ryan, "Wait, is he the element of..."

"Yes Rainbow, Loyalty. Like you."

"I'm...what?" Ryan muttered.

"Hold on a second," Rainbow Dash said, putting her hooves up, "Ryan here's the element of Loyalty?"

"Yep, which means you two are partners." Twilight said with a big, teasing smile.

With that, Twilight looked back to Ryan and gestured her hoof towards him. Ryan just stared at them both. "Wait, what do you mean I'm the Element of Loyalty?"

"You're Earth's Element of Loyalty, just like Carl is Earth's Element of Magic. Therefore, you're partnered up with Rainbow Dash." Twilight said.

'So you're saying I'm partnered with...Rainbow Dash, as in theRainbow Dash?" Ryan asked, face still showing the shock he felt about the whole situation.

Twilight nodded, taking subtle joy in Ryan's clear obsession with her tomboy friend. Ryan's shocked expression slowly turns into one of pure joy, "That's so awesome."

Rainbow Dash giggles at the sight of her fan, not used to a guy admiring her so much. "He-he, you're such a fan-boy. I think I'll like having you as a partner."

Ryan then smiled at her and joined his Pegasus partner in loyalty in some friendly laughter before they gave each other a "bro-hoof". Ryan wasn't sure if that's what ponies actually called it, but it fit the description of he and Rainbow Dash bumping hoof to knuckle, both smiling at each other like the best of friends, even though they only met a few minutes before.

"Hey Twi, maybe we should go back into my room before we wake my family?" Carl suggested. Twilight gave a small nod and all four walked back up the stairs to Carl's room, Twilight deciding against teleportation when Rainbow Dash shot her a very angry glare that basically said "teleport me again, and I'll end you.".

Back in Carl's room, they re-joined the other four girls, who were still toying around with Carl's computer and iPod while they waited for the boys and two ponies to return.

The eight of them talked amongst each other, mostly about the show, the fandom, and some comparison of human versus pony culture. Finally, they noticed the time, which was rapidly approaching eleven, long past the time that Ryan should have been home, and decided to call it a night.

"Oh geez, it's late. Listen, I need to head back home now." Ryan gestured to the door and started to get up. Carl got up too but Ryan stopped, just thinking about something else. "Hey, you know I could take two of them off of your hands if you want. After all, hiding six ponies would probably be difficult."

"Good point," Carl pondered, putting his hand to his chin, "okay, if you want, you can take Rainbow Dash and one more."

"Applejack." Ryan said almost immediately. Carl looked at him with curiosity at Ryan's quick answer. Ryan shrugged, "What? She and Rainbow Dash are best friends. It only makes sense, right?"

In reality, however, it was because Applejack was Ryan's second favorite character.

"Okay, you take them and I'll keep the other four. And don't have any more fan-boy spasms, deal?"

"Deal." And Ryan and Carl shook hands in agreement.

Diner in City

Waitresses began to make their last rounds to the few customers that remained in the small diner. Two customers sat in the corner of the diner, laughing with each other. One was Mayoral Candidate Jacob Hanson, a slightly pudgy man with a greying beard, he wore a blue suit and a friendly smile. The other man at the table was none other than the Mayor's assistant, Brett Howard, who had a mug of coffee in his hand, which he was gingerly nursing as he waited for it to cool to a degree where his tongue wouldn't sizzle if he took larger gulps.

Both men knew each other for a few years, and had grown close. So close that Mr. Hanson felt it was safe to eat dinner with Brett while his security took a short day and left him. He felt safe around Brett, he had no idea how much of a fool he'd been played for.

"Yeah, so the guy had what looked like one of those Russian hats on, you know the tall, fur-covered kind?" Mr. Hanson asked with a smile.

"Yes." Brett replied innocently, brilliantly hiding the malice that hid just beneath the surface.

"Well," Mr. Hanson continued, clearing his throat a bit to speak, "So then he told me, that's not his hat, that's his hair."

Mr. Hanson burst out into a loud, obnoxious laugh that got the attention of some of the other diners.

Brett also joined in the laughter. "That's brilliant, just brilliant."

"Yeah, you never know who and what you'll run into downtown, it's crazy." They each took a bit out of their food. Mr. Hanson swallowed some of his sandwich before he continued the conversation.

"So, you like working for the Mayor?" Mr. Hanson asked Brett as he picked up the remainder of his sandwich and took a bite.

"Yes," he said, looking up, "He's a bit of an eccentric fellow, but his ideas are admirable you must admit. Even as someone running against him."

"Well, come debate time, we'll see how "admirable" the public thinks his ideas are." Mr. Hanson chuckled, "Every campaign ad he pushes against me will tell me everything I need to know about him as a person, whether he's cutthroat or has some shred of humility, or if he is truly as brash as he seems on television. Especially since unemployment is at an all time high since he took office."

Brett smiled at Mr. Hanson, grabbing his coffee and taking a sip before he replied.

"You know I still work for him, do you think it's wise to tell me so much of your campaign plan?"

"I trust you." Mr. Hanson said with a kind smile.

"Never thought something like politics and trust could mix." Brett said as he took another sip of his coffee. "Now, I expect that you won't pull out of this race for anything, not even our friendship?"

"We are friends," Mr. Hanson said, "but I'm sorry, that isn't enough this time. I'm staying in the race."

Brett wiped his mouth with his napkin. He let it fall to the table and gave a dark smile, which grabbed Mr. Hanson's attention.

Mr. Hanson gave Brett a quizzical look when he suddenly felt his throat closing up. But it wasn't like he was having an allergic reaction, it felt like someone was strangling him with their thumbs pressed against his trachea.

His eyes went wide as he fearfully looked at Brett. Brett, meanwhile, was staring at him, a black aura forming in his eyes and around his head. It was an aura that was the same color as an aura that was currently wrapping itself around Mr. Hanson's neck, pressing into his trachea and obstructing his airway.

Slowly, Mr. Hanson was lifted into the air, about three feet above the table, with his legs dangling and gurgling noises coming from his throat. The waiters and people who were finishing their meals watched in horror at what was happening in front of them.

Brett slowly began to change as the black aura engulfed him. Mr. Hanson watched in shock as the light disappeared; revealing a dark, black Unicorn with a mane and cold, hateful eyes that were a steel grey. Brett's cutie mark appeared on his flank. It showed the image of a pony skull overlapping a silver, crescent moon. It was an image that would send a chill down Nightmare Moon's spine.

"B-Brett?" Mr. Hanson gurgled out.

"Not quite," Obscure Darkness muttered, "In this form, I prefer to be called, Obscure Darkness."

With that, he rotated his hoof and Mr. Hanson's head turned quickly and violently to the right. A loud "snap" was heard as his head was turned. His neck was broken.

Obscure Darkness then threw his lifeless body across the diner into the window so it smashed into the wall, falling into a heap on the ground.

Obscure smiled at his deed before he looked around. All of the waiters and patrons that were staring at him, mouths agape and eyes wide in pure terror.

A small, malicious smile crept onto Obscure's muzzle.

"Oh now we can't have witnesses can we?" he chuckled evily as the black aura once again surrounded him. "Allow me to show you my gratitude for a lovely meal."

All of the waiters and customers were too frightened to move as he blasted out a massive aura. The black force destroyed the entire diner and killed each unfortunate soul that happened to be inside. Every waitress, every bus-boy, every customer; dead as the cow-meat they served for lunch.

Only Obscure was left standing, or in this case floating, among the rubble.

Slowly, his body lowered to the littered ground. Once his aura disappeared, he looked at the destruction around him that had been the diner only moments before. He saw the limp bodies of customers and waiters and even a busboy, all of who had been so full of life before Obscure destroyed the diner with his dark magic.

Fire and debris surrounded him. Bodies were strewn across the ground around Obscure, who could only smile at the scene.

"Chaos runs this world, and chaos shall destroy it. Elements of Harmony can't work in such corruption. We will be victorious." With that, he closed his eyes and teleported away, leaving the mess for the fire department and EMTs to clean up.