• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 3,922 Views, 267 Comments

Wilmont - gmen15



A RealityXMLP crossover with 6 teenage boys in the fictional town of Wilmont, New York.

  • ...
14
 267
 3,922

The Rise of Disharmony

Chapter 21- The Rise of Disharmony

Carl's House

The neighborhood was dead silent. Dogs weren't barking, cars weren't driving up and down the street, and even the sounds of little kids playing were absent. Even more odd was that it was mid-afternoon, a time when it was supposed to be liveliest.

This silence was broken when four vehicles screeched into the neighborhood at top speed, leaving black tire marks on the pavement.

Inside Carl's car, Twilight nervously stared out the passenger-side window. Her body gave shivering ever-so-slightly as the adrenaline continued to course through her veins. Carl looked over and noticed her fear.

"Twi, are you alright?" He asked, concerned for the anxious unicorn.

Twilight gave a weak nod, "Yeah…yeah I'm alright."

"Are you sure? You seem jittery."

Twilight looked directly at Carl, "That's because I am, Carl; I was almost killed." She said, a tear falling down her face. There were many things in Carl’s life that broke his heart, ranging from his father’s death to the look in Lisa’s eyes after they had to put their golden retriever down- one of the only times the typically rebellious girl openly sobbed in front of him.

"Well listen, we're almost home; you're safe now." Carl looked away, still worried about Twilight but determined to get her, and everyone else, back to his house in one piece- which meant keeping his eyes locked on the road. He was still scared as well, yet he kept strong and spoke in a steady voice. "We're safe now."

He pulled into his driveway. The other three cars parked on the side of the road. Once his car stopped and the engine was off, Carl closed his eyes. He let out a deep sigh, tightly gripped the the steering wheel to relieve some of the stress that he felt. Unfortunately, it wasn't very effective.

And how could it be? They were almost chased down by Discord's minions, who now- having seen the teenagers’ faces- had an even better identification. What started as only one police officer that got a visual of Carl, Ryan and James on the way home from Mr. Courtie’s shop, had grown to become a large group of Discord's men who now knew what all six boys looked like.

A new fear entered his mind as he realized that the "top dog" in the group, the Obscure Darkness unicorn, had gotten a close-up visual on what he looked like, and would most likely report it to Discord.Carl knew at that moment that he and the others were in more danger than they had been in their entire lives.

That’s when Ryan saving him came to his mind. Normally he’d feel a massive sense of gratitude for being rescued. But all it did now was make him angry. His expression changed from one of worry to one of rage as he hopped out of the car.

He went around to help Twilight get out, as she was still shaking like a leaf in a windstorm. He looked over at the black SUV that Ryan and Rainbow Dash were getting out of, mind filled with hatred for the blonde boy- the human element of Loyalty- at that moment.

"This is all your fault." He thought with vitriol, "This is all your fault you son of a bitch."

Once Twilight was out of the car and standing on the driveway, Carl slammed the door, causing the car to rattle and Twilight to slightly jump and let out a small “eep”. She looked up at Carl, noticing his anger eyes. She was worried and knew that something was seriously wrong with him.

She took a cautious step towards him. "Carl, are you okay?"

Carl didn't answer with words; he just shook his head slowly when he heard Alex call him.

"Carl is your mom home?" Alex asked.

"No, but she will be at five, so you guys can't stay too long." Carl said, continuing to stare daggers at Ryan, who was too busy talking to Pete to notice. Carl went over to the door and opened it to let everyone into the house. Once inside, Carl shut the door and turned to Twilight.

"You can remove your spell now Twi, there’s no point in keeping it up anymore."

Twilight nodded, but she was still worried about Carl. She then closed her eyes and her horn glowed. A few seconds later, the glowing stopped and Louis, who was the only one in the house that was still in denial about of the girls' claims, stood in complete shock as the five girls revealed their pony selves to him. His mouth hung open and he was speechless.

"See, Louis, we weren't lying to you." Rarity said, taking a step towards him and flashing a big smile that could only be described as flirtatious. "We really are the elements of harmony, and both you and I are both the Elements of Generosity. Isn’t it simply splendid?"

Louis stood still for a few more seconds before he shook his head.

"No, no I am not. I can't be..." He then looked over at Carl and pointed at him, "what did you fuckers do to me? Drug me? Brainwash me? Hypnotize me? What!?!”

"Nothing! Louis I didn't do any of that, this is all real." Carl reassured.

Louis shook his head in disbelief and slowly meandered his way over to a nearby sofa, which he let himself fall limply against. He buried his head in his hands and let out a sigh so deep that everyone in the room could hear it. Rarity and Twilight both went over to talk with Louis some more.

Meanwhile, Carl listened to the others as they discussed the incident at the mall.

"So she thought you and Pinkie were…?" Alex asked and Pete, who was blushing like crazy, nodded. Alex laughed. "Oh my God, that rich."

"What about you Alex, what happened with you and AJ?" Ryan asked.

"Me, oh nothing." he said in fake apathy, "I just used some kind of magic on a guy that was trying to drown her in a fountain. I lifted him into the air like it was nothing."

Ryan grinned, "Not gonna lie, that's pretty badass."

"Yeah, it is isn't it?” Alex said with a small laugh, “What about you and Rainbow Dash? Did you do any flank-kicking on your way out?"

"We hid in a sport's store and then when the time was right, we beat the crap out of those bastards." he then turned around to Rainbow Dash to address her, "didn't we Dashie?"

"Huh? Oh yeah Ryan, we sure did! Sorry I was talking with AJ over here about how Alex levitated some guy."

When Twilight heard that she turned her attention from Louis and Rarity to Applejack and Rainbow Dash, "Wait, what happened with you and Alex?"

"Ah was just sayin' how Alex lifted some guy off of me and ah got ta buck him," Applejack said with a prideful smile, "ah sent him flyin' to the ground like a sack of apples."

"Wow, that's so cool!" Rainbow Dash said with a big grin before turning to Ryan. "Ryan you've got to learn how to do that!"

Ryan laughed, "I'll work on it Dashie."

Carl closed his eyes, swearing like mad in his mind. Each mental curse was hurled at Ryan for the danger he put the group in. He never felt rage like that before, and for some reason, whenever Ryan talked affectionately with Rainbow Dash, he only got angrier, and he really wasn't sure why. His eyes then lay on an old family picture that was on a small table in front of a mirror. He slowly walked over to it and picked it up, looking at his family, complete with his father but missing the yet-to-be-born Anna. Everyone in the picture had such happy smiles. Normally this picture would bring Carl a mixture of happiness and sadness. Right now, however, it only made him angrier than he already was. Especially when he looked at the smiling faces of his mother and father, the relationship that ruined his own views on love.

Carl turned his attention back to the conversation between Ryan and the others.

What Ryan said next put Carl over the edge. "Yeah so we got out of there and on the way out I heard this idiot ranting monologues. It turned out that he was holding Twilight hostage and confronting Carl, so me and Rainbow Dash went in and saved them."

"From a situation you’re responsible for." Carl mumbled, loud enough for the others to hear.

"I’m sorry, what did you say?" Ryan asked.

"I said," Carl said as he put the picture back onto the small table with some force that made a small "bang" noise before he turned to stare Ryan down with a set of ice-cold eyes, "I wouldn't have even been in that Goddamned predicament if it weren't for you. Hell, none of us would have."

Ryan gave Carl a perplexed look, "What are you talking about?".

Carl laughed in mock disbelief, "Are you kidding me? If you and Rainbow Dash stayed at your house today like I asked you too, those bastards wouldn’t have found us!" Carl managed to draw everyone's attention to the conversation. Even Louis, who was in the process of listening to Rarity explain what he was chosen to do, looked over in Carl's direction.

Twilight turned slowly around and gulped, knowing that the building rage that she saw in Carl's eyes was now revealing itself in the most horrifying way.

Carl continued, "If you listened to me when I told you to lay low, we wouldn't have been in any danger. Do you realize what could have happened because of your stupidity? They could have captured us!” Carl looked back at Twilight, who just stared blankly at her elemental partner. Images of her being held against her will by the menacing unicorn made Carl angrier,“They could have killed the girls!"

Ryan took a step back, "L-look Carl, I'm sorry I…"

“Oh I’m sorry, like I didn’t know,” Carl mocked before his face once again showed his anger. "Just shut up, okay Ryan? Shut the hell up.”

Behind him, Twilight and Applejack were both doing everything in their power to keep a struggling Rainbow Dash from attacking Carl. "Let go of me! Carl you jerk; stop yelling at Ryan! He didn't do anything wrong!"

Carl just ignored her and continued his verbal assault on Ryan.

"You're a selfish prick that only cares about yourself and your desires, admit it!" Carl hissed

"Carl I don't…."

"ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF!" Carl roared at such a high volume it caused Ryan flinch back in fear like a young puppy being yelled at by his owner, "But it's not just what happened at the mall that shows this, oh no. Let me ask you, did you even think about your parents when you and Rainbow Dash hooked up? How would they feel about having their son hook up with a Goddamned pony? You don’t think that would crush them?”

Carl then pointed at Rainbow Dash, who was still pulling against Applejack and Twilight’s hold like an angry bull- steam coming from her nose. Eventually she broke free and flew at Carl, only to be stopped by Twilight’s magic.

Undeterred by the spunky pegasus, Carl turned back to Ryan, “What about Rainbow Dash, hm? Did you think of her? Did you think about what this relationship could do to her reputation?"

"Carl!" Twilight yelled as she continued to struggle holding the angry pegasus back with her magic, whose red eyes were now filled with pure, protective rage. Alex looked like he wanted to smash Carl in the face, Pete was just scared silent, and Ryan looked like he was on the brink of breaking out into tears.

"That's just it, Ryan. You didn't. You represent loyalty, yet all you care about is your own wants and desires."

"That’s enough, Carl." Alex hissed.

"Hang on Alex let me fucking bring my point home!" Carl shouted with his hand out to silence his friend. He then turned to Ryan, who looked like he was one insult or criticism away from breaking down.

"Ryan, next time think of what's best for the group rather than what's best for you. Then maybe think about what's best for Rainbow Dash and your parents by finding a human girl to date instead of a pony you fucking sick deviant FREAK!"

Those last five words; hissed with the venom and pure hatred that Carl put behind them; was all Ryan could take. For a moment he just stared, eyes wide like a cow going to slaughter. He then slowly started to back away towards the door. Tears formed in his eyes as he looked from Carl to Rainbow Dash, who looked at him with worry in her eyes.

Ryan then took one last look back at Carl, shook his head, and stormed out of the house. Twilight released her magical hold on Rainbow Dash, who flew up and started to follow Ryan out to his car. But before she left, she stopped and turned to glare at Carl with pure hatred.

"Carl you're a jerk!" she hissed. “I want you to stay away from us, you got it?”

Carl looked at her without emotion as she flew out of the house after Ryan.

“Real nice, Carl,” Alex said, walking over to Carl and staring him down, "I never thought you'd be the type of person to say something that mean to one of your friends."

Carl didn’t acknowledge Alex with eye-contact. Instead, he kept his head down and answered.

"You mean two of my friends, that deviant comment applied to you as well."

"Go fuck yourself." Alex said, shaking his head and pushed by Carl and started for the door. Applejack sighed and bade Twilight goodbye before running after Alex, but not before giving Carl a quick, hate-filled glance. Carl felt a quick pang as her emerald eyes pierced into his flesh, only to shrug it off once she had left.

"Pete, come on you need a ride home don't you?" Alex called from outside.

Pete, who had been frozen from shock, slowly followed Alex with a very depressed Pinkie Pie by his side. Her eyes had tears forming and her mane was deflated into its ‘Pinkamena’ state.

Pete turned to Carl and whispered uneasily, "See you later man."

With that, they all headed out after Alex and Applejack to leave.

Just as Alex left the house and started his way to his car. Louis slapped his hands against his thighs, "That’s it, I can’t take this shit anymore. I'm out."

He stood up and made his way to the door, Twilight and Rarity following him.

"Wait! Louis where are you going?" Twilight asked.

"Home, where I can find peace and sanity away from you clowns." he said coldly.

“But we need to talk to you more!” Rarity pleaded, “you’re the element of generosity and- “

“I am not the Element of Generosity.” Louis growled, giving both Rarity and Twilight a defiant stare.

"Yes you are." Rarity snapped back.

"No I am not!” Louis shouted, causing Twilight and Rarity to jump back slightly. His breathing was rapid, his body shaking as he started to become slightly hysterical- such an odd sight from a star athlete like himself.

“I didn't ask for this shit! Unlike your fucking idiot friends over there I have a future!" He motioned to the front door the everyone else had left through. "My destiny is to be an all-star soccer player on the North Carolina Tar Heels, and maybe even work my way up and play professionally! I can't risk that by fighting this bullshit battle that is so pointless you might as well throw in the towel right now!"

"But we need you to stop Discord!" Twilight yelled. "If you don't accept your responsibilities he won't just bring chaos to Wilmont, he'll bring chaos to this world!"

Louis chuckled at this and shook his head, "Twilight, sweetie, I love your innocent, looking-for-the-best-in-everybody nature, but it’s just not right.”

“In case you haven't noticed our world is already chaos, with or without Discord's presence.” He then motioned towards Carl, who was the only element left in the house beside himself. “And these idiots that you're partnered with aren't exactly the best representation of harmony."

Louis continued to glare at Carl as if he was addressing him, though he was still speaking to Twilight, "I’ve known them for less than a day and all they’ve done is bitch and fight. Yet you expect them to get along well enough to represent the Elements of Harmony like you six girls? Dream on."

Louis finally stormed out of the house into the warm outdoors.

Rarity closely followed him, still pleading. "Louis please don't leave, we need you!” He wouldn’t stop, so Rarity decided to lay it all on the line.

I need you!” This made Louis freeze in place, giving Rarity an ember of hope in her otherwise ashen fire. “Please.”

Louis’ mind began to question his defiance. However, his stubborn nature won out over his conscience. He shook off his guilt and continued to his car. He got inside the vehicle and slammed the door shut.

“No...please...” Rarity whimpered. But it was of no use. In a moment the engine of Louis’ junky sedan roared to life and he sped off. Once he was gone, a desperate Rarity buried her face into the grass and sobbed, so upset that she didn't care how much dirt got into her fur or well-groomed mane.

Twilight ran outside to help Rarity while Carl just looked at the floor, mulling over what he just did, and how terribly he treated Ryan and the others. He was so upset and into his own thoughts about what happened that he didn't notice Anna, Lisa and Spike all peering over the railing of the upstairs balcony to see what all the commotion was about.

"What's Carl's problem?" Anna whispered to Lisa, who just shrugged.

"I don't know."

"He's a jerk." Spike whispered.

"I don't necessarily disagree with that assessment," Lisa answered. "But something tells me it's more than just that."

"Oh no, you're right, it’s not because he’s a jerk. It’s because he’s a colossal jerk." Spike said, rolling his eyes.

"No Spike, I think there's something wrong with him mentally, I just don't know what it is." Lisa muttered.

"Being a jerk is a mental problem." Spike said, still with the same, flat expression.

“Spike if that were true all of Earth would be locked away.” Lisa snapped back.

Downstairs, Twilight trotted back into the house with a teary-eyed Rarity under her foreleg. She was whispering to her in an attempt to calm her down, which did seem to work as Rarity's sobs began to slow to silent whimpers.

"It's okay Rarity, he'll come around." The lavender unicorn muttered to her crestfallen friend. She looked up at Carl, prepared to scold him when she saw what he looked like. His face was pointed at the ground- head hanging limp- and his eyes were misty. She could tell that he was obviously on the brink of tears. At that moment, all of her anger dissipated and was replaced by sudden concern. "Carl?"

Carl pointed up the stairs, "Twilight take Rarity upstairs and go into my room."

"But Carl I…"

"Please…Twilight." Carl said with a sad desperation, not raising his head up in the slightest.

Twilight sighed, "Come on Rarity." She proceeded to guide her friend up the steps.

Carl finally managed to find the strength to lift his head for a brief moment. He looked around the living room, his cloudy vision taking in everything. He wiped his eyes to make his sight better. At that moment, his eyes landed on his family portrait. As he got a clear view of his father’s image- and the smiles from everyone in the photo- new rage consumed him. A rage that had built up slowly, ever since he first met Twilight. A rage that’s seeds were planted back when he sat beside his father’s bed, failing to perform the magic trick that Mr. Courtie taught him- staring down with misplaced anticipation as the limp body failed to flinch.

That’s when he snapped.

At the top of the stairs, Anna, Lisa and Spike, all of whom looked worried, met them there.

Spike ran over to Rarity and put his hand onto her shoulder, "Rarity, are you okay?"

Rarity let out a small sniffle, "Not really."

"What in Celestia's name happened down there?"

"Louis left." Rarity whispered. "He didn't want to be the Element of Generosity. That or he didn't believe it…or both. Either way I'm simply devastated, I feel like I've been dumped."

Anna turned to Twilight, “What's wrong with Carl?"

"I don't know Anna he…" Twilight began when there was a sudden CRASH heard from the living room.

Everyone jumped in surprise when they heard the noise. Twilight and the others walked over to the balcony and slowly peered over the ledge to see Carl standing, a broken picture frame and glass on the other side of the living room. Among the shrapnel was the family picture itself torn up from the impact and sharp pieces of glass. He stood with his hands on his head, breathing heavily. He didn't sob or let out any audible sign of his distress other than his heavy breathing and small grunts of frustration, and his back was turned towards the group, so no one could get a clear view of his face.

But even then, Twilight knew for a fact that he was crying.

"Oh Carl…"

City Hall- 4:00

Mayor Drocsid stood in front of the large window in his office that overlooked downtown. He could see people heading home for the night as businesses began to close. Some people fought each other for taxis; others honked their horns in anger as they were stuck in the long line of traffic. The sun shone through the window and hit the mayor in a way that made him look almost empowered. It didn't hurt that he was beaming; his smile was both full of glee, and sadistic intentions.

He felt the disharmony grow between the human elements. He knew that something had happened between them that threatened their friendship. A sense of relief washed over him. Now, he knew that he could bide his time until his forces were strong enough to unleash more hell over Wilmont than anyone had ever seen before.

And then he would turn his attention towards the rest of the world, and then towards Equestria- spreading a blanket of chaos over two dimensions.

Until then, however, he was simply enjoying the ride- a tender to the garden of chaos, planting seeds in the unstable city, knowing that soon he would have a force that would be near unstoppable.

Author's Note:

I apologize for how long it's been. Like usual, I got caught up in my newer fics. Anyway, here is the slightly improved and shorter version of this chapter. I hope it reads well. If not, please let me know where it can be improved. Thanks again. :)

Comments ( 12 )

Shorter? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :raritycry:

2013818

Well the chapters are broken up. The story will be the same length, just easier to digest :twilightsmile:

2014027 I was tempted to write "NAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" as a reference to DBZ Abridged, but I didn't know if you'd get it.

2014062

Yeah I wouldn't have, sorry :rainbowlaugh:

But I appreciate the reference. There are so many shows that everyone talk about and I'm tempted to watch.

I hope you aren't considering stopping this story just because twilight became an alicorn. Its your line of events, so you do whatever you want with them.

2177622

Oh no that's not it. I've just gotten lazy, not to mention school's been killing me for the past few weeks lol. Sorry for the hold up, I'll try to get back on it ASAP.

No update in so long, I hope this story didn't die.

2177637

We're still waiting.

TLP

Well?...

We're waiting!

list of things that would actually happen:
1. National Guard called in or the FBI
2. The Mayor relieved from his post
3. The ponies being confiscated by the FBI

2177622

just because twilight became an alicorn.

This comment really puts into perspective just how long it's been since this updated. Gosh.
This was one of the first stories I read when I was first getting into the fandom in 2014, and while it has its weaknesses, IMO it still holds up pretty well.
RIP to what's still one of my favorite Ponies on Earth stories on the site.

Login or register to comment