• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 3,922 Views, 267 Comments

Wilmont - gmen15



A RealityXMLP crossover with 6 teenage boys in the fictional town of Wilmont, New York.

  • ...
14
 267
 3,922

Making Caroline's Day

Making Caroline's Day

Carl's House

"What did I do to deserve this?" Spike asked in a huff.

He was in Anna and Lisa's room, sitting at a table set-up for a tea-party with Anna and her stuffed animals, including a giant stuffed version of Twilight, which made Spike feel uneasy.

The two girls had a half-day at school, since the school shortened the last few days before summer for elementary school kids. Because of this, they were able to come home and watch Spike so that Carl could leave with the others. He was in a small tuxedo that normally would have gone onto one of Anna’s larger-sized dolls. In front of him was a plastic tea-cup that was filled with water.

Now, Spike was never the most macho guy in the world. In fact he did like tea, even when poured into somewhat frilly white cups. But he most certainly did not like sitting at a child's play table with a young girl and her stuffed animals, pretending to be at some formal event like the Grand Galloping Gala when it was really just a bedroom filled with pink girly things, ponies and posters of the newest heart-throb MTV or Disney were fore-feeding kids.

Lisa, who was downstairs watching television for the past hour, walked into her and Anna's room. She stopped when she saw the pitiful scene of her cheerful younger sister and the baby dragon that looked as if he just got back from some horrible formal event. Both in the disgruntled look in his face and the classy clothes he wore.

"Come on its fun." Anna said with a smile, holding up her tea-cup to Spike in an attempt to persuade him to have some of the “tea”.

"Clearly you and I have a different definition for "fun"."

Lisa began to crack up. "Anna, what are you doing with Spike?"

"She's torturing me." Spike said flatly with his face still in a "are you kidding me" expression.

Lisa laughed and walked over, "Anna, come on you know guys don't like this stuff. Spike, if you want you can watch a movie with me downstairs."

"Thank you Lisa." Spike said with relief as he walked out of the room. Anna sulked a bit; her arms crossed like a typical kid, and looked away in her own, calm version of a hissy fit.

As he walked off, Lisa giggled.

Spike sighed, "What now?"

Lisa pointed to his suit, "You still have the tux on."

Spike looked down at it and laughed, "Yeah, I know. But I think it makes me look dignified."

"Even if it was given to you by a six-year old to wear at her tea party?" Lisa said with a sly smirk. Spike rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, I think if Twilight gave me a moustache it would look better. Everything looks better when you have a moustache or tuxedo.”

"For a guy, I agree. Makes you look like a gentleman." Lisa said.

Spike blushed a little at the compliment before he changed the subject.
"So…you said something about a movie?"

Lisa nodded, "Yeah, right this way."

She led Spike downstairs into the living room

"Wow, you know this house sure is big."

"Really? Here in Wilmont this is the average home size, not too large, not too small." Lisa said as she rummaged through a small drawer that was under the television, looking for the movie she wanted. "It's just right."

"Huh, interesting. The Princess might want to know about this."

"What, the house?" Lisa asked and Spike nodded. "Huh, is she doing research or something?" Lisa asked as she laid her eyes on the DVD.
"Aha!" she thought in triumph as she pulled the movie out of the drawer, kicking it closed with the sole of her foot.

"No, she just likes to know things about different species and worlds because…." Spike was cut off by a belch that resulted in a scroll landing on the floor in front of him.

Lisa walked over, "Is that from Princess Celestia?"

Spike nodded and opened it and, once again, read it out-loud like a politician, if politicians were actually cool:

Dear Twilight,

I have found more information regarding the last Element, as I know you've been successful in finding two of the last three. His full name is Louis Clarkson. I hope this helps,

Best,

Princess Celestia.

Spike looked up at Lisa, "Does your brother know a Louis Clarkson?"

Lisa shook her head, "If he has, I haven't heard about him."

"Where should I put this?" he asked as he pointed to the letter, which he scrolled back up into its original look.

"I don't know, on the coffee table." Lisa said as Spike nodded and placed the scroll onto the table. "Okay, now the movie I am going to show you is one of my favorites."

"Awesome! What is it?" Spike asked excitedly, sitting on the couch with his eyes wide in excitement. Lisa then stopped and looked at Spike, placing her hand on her chin to think.

"Hm…Spike, how old are you?"

"Twelve, why?"

"Really, you're twelve and you're still considered a baby?"
"He-he, if you see an adult dragon, then you'd know why I'm just a baby."

"Good point, okay, the reason I ask is because this movie has a lot of swearing and some blood and gore in it. It's funny, but I hope it doesn't corrupt you." Lisa said.

Spike shrugged, "Eh, I wouldn’t worry. I'm not bothered by swearing. Hardly anyone in Equestria ever swears, but I'm cool with watching a movie that has some."

Lisa smiled, "Great, well, let's watch!" She flopped back onto the couch next to Spike.

"By the way, what's the name of this movie?" he asked.

Lisa smiled, "Hot Fuzz."

Outside of Caroline's House

James stood just outside of the door to his little cousin's house. Alex let him and Fluttershy off and was waiting for them in his car, talking more with Applejack about her adventures and how sexy he thought her accent was as she said how sexy his accent was.

This led to a lot more kissing.

Back outside of Caroline’s house, Fluttershy stood next to James. She looked up at him with a hint of fear in her eyes. After all she wasn’t used to meeting new ponies or people, and when she did it always made her nervous.

"James, are you sure about this? I mean, what if I freak her out."

"She won’t. Trust me Fluttershy; she’ll be thrilled, and she needs this more than anything else in the world right now. Go around the back and I'll let you in."

Fluttershy nodded and flew off towards the back of the house.

"Since Twilight removed the spell, it's now or never." James thought.

He then let out a sigh and knocked on the door. A few moments later, the door opened and Aunt Christie was there, holding a tissue in her right hand and wiping her eyes with the other. Her eyes were red as turnips, clearly from crying.

"James, what are you doing here?"

"Aunt Christie, can I please see Caroline?"

Aunt Christie nodded and got out of the way so James could enter the house. He walked towards Caroline's room, but just before he got in, Aunt Christie put her hand out on the door to stop him. He turned to her.

"Be careful, she's gotten worse since yesterday."

James nodded and opened the door to Caroline's room before shutting it gently behind him. He walked over to her bed, where she laid, dark circles formed under her sweet, innocent eyes that were almost completely closed from exhaustion. Her shirt was soaked, mostly from the night sweats she’d been having non-stop over the past couple of days.

"James…?" she whispered as her eyes opened a bit more.

"Hey kiddo," James said, holding back his tears and mentally praying that what he was about to do would make her feel better, "how are you feeling?"

"Been better." She whispered as she put on a fake smile that made James die a little inside.

"Hey Caroline, there's something I want to show you," James said as he slowly made his way to the window without taking his eyes off of his little cousin, "but you have to promise not to tell anyone and to stay calm."

“Why, is it something bad?”

“It’s something wonderful,” James said with a reassuring smile, “but unbelievable. Trust me you’ll love it.”

Caroline weakly nodded and James sighed, "Caroline, remember what you said yesterday about your own personal heaven being Equestria?"

Caroline nodded, sitting up a bit more in interest. "Yeah."

"Well I've gotten you a little piece of heaven." And with that, James opened the window and leaned out. He called outside, to whom he was calling to, Caroline didn’t know.

"Over here."

Now, Caroline was expecting maybe someone dressed in a MLP costume or some form of merchandise that Carl had often bought her with his salary. She mainly thought it was going to be someone bringing her a replacement Fluttershy t-shirt since she threw up on the one James got for her. Whatever it was, she had a feeling it was My Little Pony related, specifically related to Fluttershy as she always talked about her with James like she was a close friend or relative that she actually knew.

What she didn't expect was to see Fluttershy herself gently fly into her room and land next to James. Her eyes now went wide and she suddenly seemed to show a great deal more of energy.

"Caroline, I'd like you to meet Fluttershy," he said, pointing to the yellow pony, "and Fluttershy; this is my little cousin Caroline."

Fluttershy flew up to Caroline on her bed so she was right in front of her, smiling and surprisingly outgoing, like she knew that Caroline needed this, and her shyness would have to be put on hold for now. "Hello Caroline."

Caroline's shocked face suddenly broke into a big smile,

"Hello." She said with a stunned joy.

"James here told me all about you, and how brave you've been." She said in her typical motherly way. "And I just wanted to say that I'm awfully sorry that you have to go through everything you have. I hope me being here makes you feel better, James said it would…but if it doesn't, that's fine too I…"

She was cut off when Caroline suddenly bear-hugged her and began to cry into her shoulder out of pure happiness. James noticed how Fluttershy still didn't show any timid inflections, even while getting the hug out of nowhere.

She just calmly hugged the sick girl back, a warm smile on her muzzle as she began to relax a little. After all being tense around someone you wanted to cheer up was the worst thing to do, and Fluttershy knew this. Besides, she felt at home with Caroline.

"Wow, able to put her timid feelings aside for others, God no wonder she's the element of kindness." James thought as he smiled both on the inside and on the outside at the scene of Fluttershy and Caroline hugging, Caroling being happier than she had been in a long time. Since before she was sick.

After the broke the hug, Fluttershy looked at her, "When you get better I'd love to hang out with you sometime," she said before looking down for a second to show her vulnerable personality, "that is, if that's okay with you, of course."

Caroline nodded and wiped her tears of joy away, "Of course it is Fluttershy, I'd...I'd love to hang out with you sometime."

Fluttershy nodded and she and Caroline hugged one more time. James wished that they could stay longer, but he had to get home and eat dinner.

"Fluttershy, we've got to go." James said, upset that she couldn't stay longer.

The two broke their embrace and exchanged one more smile before Fluttershy slew towards the window, stopping just before she exited and turned to Caroline. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said.

Caroline nodded with a big grin, the circles under her eyes overshadowed by the joy that radiated from them. Fluttershy then flew out and James shut the window.

"Yeah, sorry we can't stay longer but I've got to get home to…"

Suddenly, Caroline jumped off of the bed with sudden strength that she just seemed to get, ran over and hugged James with all of her, might, crying into his torso and saying "Thank you James. Thank you."

James hugged her back and smiled, happy that he had made her attitude improve so much just with one little act.

Though he knew that he had Fluttershy to thank more than anyone else, or anypony else. After she broke their embrace, James headed out, hearing as his aunt was shouting in joy at how much it seemed like Caroline had improved after James' visit.

Once outside, James saw Fluttershy waiting for him.

"James, are you crying? D-did I do something wrong?" she asked and James shook his head.

James wiped some tears away and smiled at Fluttershy. "The only thing you ever did wrong was not coming to me sooner."

Fluttershy smiled back and flew up to James level so they could hug. They then headed back to Alex's car to go home, never having such a feeling of hope and joy as he did right then and there.