• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 3,921 Views, 267 Comments

Wilmont - gmen15



A RealityXMLP crossover with 6 teenage boys in the fictional town of Wilmont, New York.

  • ...
14
 267
 3,921

Prologue

A/N: This is an edited version of the same story I've posted onto this site earlier this year. I've decided to double-check grammar and other possible mistakes, fill in plot holes (no not those types of "plot holes", I mean the literary ones), and make chapters shorter.

Okay, I know this type of story has been done to death on this site, but I hope that doesn't turn you guys away immediately. This story really has three parts to it, but is uploaded here as one story.

It gets progressively darker, from being the typical Ponies on Earth story to becoming a story about destruction and chaos,and comparing it to the "chaos" that happens in the animated world of Equestria.

At least that's what I hope this story will accomplish.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think about it in the comments.

Prologue

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures."

- Jessamyn West

Wilmont City Hall

Confetti filled the skies of the modest city. People shouted, danced and screamed as they celebrated the election of their new Mayor.

Christopher Drocsid had won in a landslide victory over his incumbent opponent- garnering over seventy percent of the vote. And now, standing in the shadows of City Hall, waiting to walk out to address the masses, the mayor couldn't help but smile.

Skyscrapers towered over the mob of people that celebrated in the street. There was a heavy amount of traffic, especially since long lines of cars was usually non-existent in this city- the size small enough to make such annoyances non-factors. On the surface, it was like any other small city. Not too overbearing, while still having that urban feel- including an arts district, a business district, and some outlying neighborhoods with homes dating as far back as the late eighteen-hundreds.

Cheers echoed throughout the massive crowd that was gathered in front of City Hall. Car horns blasted all around as rowdy supporters jumped up and down on the back of flat-bed pick-ups that had driven near where the speech was to be given.

This was Wilmont, New York. A city with many problems- ridiculously high unemployment and skyrocketing crime rate. Problems that Mayor Drocsid, during his campaign, had promised to fix. He was an individual empowered by the hope he gave the citizenry. It was by far the largest turnout for any inaugural speech in the city's history. Perhaps this was because of desperation, and that the city's residents finally felt like they succeeded in electing someone that could turn their city around. Someone they could trust. Someone to save them from the tough times.

The newly elected mayor of the Upstate city stood in front of a crowd of eager spectators ready to hear his speech, having just been sworn into office. As he stood on his pedestal, the microphone directly in front of his face. The city's upbeat, near-presidential anthem played over loudspeakers that were placed nearby for the event. The crowd was so loud that the city's anthem was almost completely drowned out-screams of the Mayor's name and howls rang out from the open windows of buildings, to the street in front of City Hall. Fists pumped, signs waving "Drocsid 2010" waved like fans on a warm, summer day.

The mayoral inauguration was being broadcast live on the local television news channels; local history classes were breaking from their normal schedule to watch history, and local Universities shuttle out political-science students, most of whom have taken the time to drive over to city hall to watch the speech first hand. not surprising for such a popular candidate.

Mayor Drocsid was middle-aged and has a wild look about him; his eyes have a glimmer of craziness, borderline insanity, dark circles surrounded them like tires on a wheel. His skin was pale, as if he hasn't seen the light of day for years prior to his inauguration. He looked like a man who despised organization and order, which wasn't far from the truth at all.

He began his speech: "My citizens. For far too long, a few people have benefited at the expense of the many. The youth have been oppressed by the old; the poor by the rich, the meek by the strong, the black by the white, but no more."

The Mayor grinned, almost menacingly, at the eager crowd, which mostly consisted of people between the ages of eighteen and twenty-five.

"Today is a new era for this wondrous city."

Cheers erupted from the crowd. Bombastic chants of "Drocsid! Drocsid! Drocsid!" echoed throughout the city. Drocsid gave a faux smile of warmth and waved to his enthusiastic audience with a subtle arrogance. He then lowered his hand, waiting for the crazy crowd to calm itself before finishing his speech.

"And remember this; the problem isn't with the you, the public! The problem is with the system! It is never fair that some live in chaos and squalor while other's live in peace and luxury! I will bring to the entire state the idea of equality, and empowerment to the youth and poverty of this city."

As the Mayor flashed his phony smile at the crowd, who were enthusiastically chanting his name, his eyes started to glow a faint yellowish color. A color that made them look almost cartoony, yet at the same time devious and full of sinister desires.

But the crowd didn't take notice; it was too enthralled with the new mayor who promised to fix their lives and the broken city they called home. The man who had been a fantastic orator and had given them hope. They had no idea the true intentions of the man at the podium, and at the time they didn't really care. Thus the victorious chanting continued, almost hauntingly, throughout the city. The Mayor continued to wave to the crowd. The public completely unaware of the evil they had just given power to through the power of their vote.

All the oblivious crowd did was continue their victory chant for their new mayor as the confetti fell over the city like multicolored embers in a roaring fire.

"Drocsid! Drocsid! Drocsid!"