• Published 6th Nov 2014
  • 830 Views, 51 Comments

Equestria: A World We Must Defend - LightOfTriumph



Red Ace is a young colt who dreams of becoming a Pokémon Master. He must overcome great obstacles with the help of his friends and his Pokémon. Though he does realize this is going to be harder then it sounds

  • ...
5
 51
 830

Team Chaos Grunt Snips and Team Chaos Grunt Snails Want to Battle!

Ace and Crystal squared off with the two henchmen. Teekay and Elekid prepared themselves for a fight.

"Ace!" called Crystal. "You know how this works right?"

Ace was a little irritated at the question. "I've been watching tourneys since I was, like, three," he said dryly. "Yes, I know how a Pokemon battle works."

"Each Pokemon has at least four basic attacks...," Crystal went on.

"Yes, I know," Ace sighed.

"Each move has a 'type,'" Crystal went on. "There are eighteen types of Pokemon..."

"Crys, you know I grew up here...," Ace said, growing concerned. "You were there... You were there when I first learned this..."

"Each type has it's own strengths and weaknesses," Crystal went on, unswayed. "For example, Elekid is an Electric type. So..."

"I KNOW!" Ace shouted. "What in Celestia's name is wrong with you? Do you have some sort of brain disorder that forces you to give tutorials on things I already know?!"

"I'm sorry!" Crystal shouted. "You're inexperienced and it's MY little Teekay out there! I wanna be sure you got it!"

"I got it!" Ace turned to Snips and Snails. "And why are you two just standing there?! Aren't you guys supposed to be trying to kill us?!"

Snips and Snails looked at each other. "Maybe we should have attacked while the girl was talking, eh?" said Snails.

Trixie pinched the bridge of her nose. "Idiots...," she muttered before heading straight for Twilight.

"Prof!" Ace called out.

"Professor Twilight used to be a trainer," Crystal explained. "She can handle herself. Right now we have to deal with these clowns!"

"Right!" Ace smiled. He surveyed the battlefield. Double Battle. His side had Elekid and Teekay, they had Skorupi and Sneasel. Crystal and Teekay could take care of the Skorupi without issue, but the Sneasel could be a problem. He was Elekid's target.

"Elekid!" Ace called out. "Quick Attack!"

Elekid responded and the speed was blinding. Within the blink of an eye, Elekid was behind Sneasel. He grabbed his opponent from behind and slammed him into the ground.

"Teekay!" said Crystal "Calm Mind!"

Teekay sat and meditated in the middle of the battlefield.

Is she insane?! Ace thought. She's leaving herself exposed!

"Sneasel!" called Snips. "Pursuit! Ignore the spark plug and get that Abra!"

Sneasel zoomed toward TK, a dark energy surrounding him. Dark versus Psychic was not a good match up. If Teekay took that hit head on...

Ace prepared to act when he heard a skittering behind him. "Skorupi!" called Snails. "Poison Sting while the Trainer's distracted!"

Elekid turned around to see the scorpion Pokemon barreling down on him. It was too late to act now.

"Teleport, then Barrier!" called Crystal.

In the nick of time Teekay appeared in front of Elekid conjuring a wall made of pure energy. Skorupi was flattened against it.

"Barrier?!" Ace asked shocked. "How does your Abra no Barrier?"

"I may have used some of the Professors TMs when she wasn't looking...," Crystal said innocently. "No harm done..."

Ace laughed. "Alright!" he turned back to Elekid. "Alright! Time to finish off that Sneasel!" Ace looked around for the dark type Pokemon, but he had lost track of it. "Wait... Where did it-"

"Sneasel!" called Snips. "Feint Attack!"

Sneasel appeared seemingly from nowhere and slashed Elekid across the chest. He fell back knocking Teekay over, having him lose his concentration on the Barrier. The Barrier lost cohesion and Skorupi landed its stinger right into Teekay's head. Teekay backed off the blow but rubbed at the wound and winced.

"Teekay's poisoned!" Crystal called out. "We have to finish this battle quickly! I don't have an Antidote on me."

"Of course you don't," Ace grumbled. "You're only the experienced trainer. Why would you have items on you?"

"Shut up!" Crystal yelled.

"Alright," Ace said. "Elekid, keep your eye square on Sneasel and keep Teekay out of harms way! Thunder Shock!"

"Teekay!" called Crystal. "Hidden Power! Take that Skorupi down!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....." Teekay began to glow a deep purple. Seven spheres began to orbit around it's midsection. The spheres moved up his back and down his arm, shooting of the end of it and headed straight for Skorupi.

Sneasel tried to intervene for his partner but was lit up like a Christmas tree from a jolt from Elekid. Sneasel collapsed, and when the Hidden Power landed so did Skorupi.

Snips and Snails watched their beaten and fainted Pokemon fall to the ground. For a moment, they looked afraid. Then Snips brought something up. "Hey!" he Cried. "Just because our Pokemon got beat doesn't mean we are! We're twice their size! So let's just beat him the old fashioned way!"

The two thugs advanced on the two young foals. For a moment Ace was concerned, then he caught sight of Crystal's exasperated face.

"Teekay...," Crystal sighed. "Psychic. Get them the heck out of this lab."

Teekay pointed his finger at the two thugs. Snips and Snails glowed blue and began to lift of the ground hovering in the air. It looked like they wanted to speak, but couldn't. With a flick of Teekay's finger, the two crashed through the roof and out of sight.

"And that's why that doesn't happen," Crystal smiled.

Teekay looked like he was close to collapsing from the poison. "Abraaa....."

Crystal rushed over and hugged her poisoned Pokemon. Ace looked at Elekid. "You did good out there," he smiled.

Elekid scratched the back of his head and smiled. "Kid...," he said bashfully.

"You know...," Ace started. "We don't make a bad team. I don't suppose you'd want to-"

"Elekid!" the Pokemon interrupted, obviously accepting. He ran over to hug his new trainer. Ace laughed and hugged back. The two stayed that way for a while.

"So... Adorable!" Crystal squeaked.

Remembering that they were men. Manly men. With manly thoughts. The two broke apart and very carefully didn't look at each other.

"Never mind that!" Ace said, in a voice deeper than usual "We have to go check on the Prof!"

Crystal nodded. "You're right," she turned to her Abra. "Teekay, I know you're hurt, but do you thin you can get through another battle?"

Teekay gave a weak thumbs up. "Abra!"

Hearing Teekay's name reminded Ace of something. "Oh yeah! A nickname!" Ace turned to his new Pokemon. "How does Spark Plug sound to you?"

"Really?" said Crystal dryly. "We're doing this now?"

The Elekid nodded, accepting his new name. "Elekid!" said Spark Plug.

"Perfect!" Ace beamed. "Alright Sparks! Let's get to the Professor!"

The two ran to the back of the lab.

Crystal was about to follow when she noticed the seven or so aides that also worked in the Spectrum City Pokemon Lab.

"You know," she said. "You guys could have helped..."


The battle had not gone smoothly.

The only Pokemon that Twilight had on hand was Owlicious. Trixie's Greninja had made short work of the poor thing. Then the battle took a turn when the Pokemon grabbed her by the throat and pinned her up against the wall.

A Water Shuriken was spinning in it's other hand and inching ever closer to Twilight's neck.

"I'm going to ask you again," Trixie said coldly. "Where is he?"

"Someplace you can't get to him!" Twilight choked. "After all we've done he finally has some peace! Just leave him alone!"

"You know we can't do that, Twilight," Trixie sneered. "The boss wants him back. He's our little prodigy. I wouldn't be surprised if you thought of him as a son. We need him. He's the only way we can accomplish our final goal."

Twilight's eyes widened. She knew what Team Chaos wanted. What the endgame was. She couldn't tell her anything.

Trixie looked sad. "It really is a shame Twilight," she said softly. "It hurts me to see you this stubborn."

She was about to give Greninja the final order when a yellow fuzzy fist collided with her Pokemon's head, knocking the Greninja sideways, causing her to release Twilight.

The two young trainers were standing in the doorway. Twilight was happy to see they were alright, but what were they doing here? Why didn't they go get help?

"Uh...," Ace said puzzled. "Mega Punch?"

"I don't think that was an attack," Crystal laughed. "I think your Pokemon just out and out decked him."

"Elekid!" Spark said proudly. He high fived Teekay with a smug look on his face.

Trixie gritted her teeth. "Those idiots...," she growled. "Can't deal with children! Fine if I have to deal with you myself, I wi-" She was cut off by a loud beeping.

Trixie raised a hoof to her ear and began to talk. "What is it?!" she snapped. "I'm in the middle of-" Trixie's expression shifted. "Oh... Sir I am so sorry. I didn't mean to... Yes. Yes... With all respect, how can we be sure that... Alright. Yes. Understood." She brought down her hoof. "That was your former employer Twilight," Trixie said calmly. "I'll give him your best wishes. In the meantime however I have to report back."

"Former employer...?" asked Crystal.

"Oh make no mistake," Trixie smiled. "Your little mentor has a history. Ask her about it. I don't have the time to explain now."

"Wait just a-" Ace started.

"Greninja! Smokescreen!"

There was a snap and the room was filled with smoke. After a few seconds, the smoke had cleared and Trixie and Greninja were gone.

The two young trainers looked at their teacher, both with great concern in their eyes.

".... Alright," Twilight said sadly. "She's right. It's about time I told someone."

Author's Note:

And that concludes the Prologue portion of our little adventure! The real journey starts next time!

And speaking of next chapter

WHO'S THAT POKeMON?!

Be the first one to get this trivia question right, and the next chapter will be dedicated to you!

A total of five Generation 2 Pokemon appeared in the Anime before the games were released. Only one however was shown before the game was put into production. Who was it?