• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 1,611 Views, 67 Comments

Bestial - shortskirtsandexplosions



Rainbow Dash discovers that Twilight Sparkle is physically attracted to human males, but just who is this revelation more earth-shattering for?

  • ...
22
 67
 1,611

I. Discovery ( / )

Daring Do was about to deliver a thunderous drop kick to a nefarious minotaur wearing a turban, and Rainbow Dash couldn't be happier.

And then, as fate would have it, the jingle of a bell woke the mare out of her literary dream world. She lifted her ruby eyes from the paperback pages to see the interior of Sugarcube Corner stretching all around. She was seated with Rarity and Fluttershy at a table full of coffee and doughnuts, and Twilight Sparkle had just trotted in.

"Why, hello there, Twilight!" Fluttershy said with a bright smile.

"Won't you join us, darling?" Rarity added, taking a dainty sip of her capuccino.

"Don't mind if I do." Twilight levitated a chair into place and sat down, unloading her saddlebag. "My goodness..." She took a long, deep breath, her cheeks turning a rosier shade of lavender. "It truly is a gorgeous day outside, isn't it?"

Fluttershy giggled. "You won't get any argument from me. Although, I heard there might be rain soon."

"Yes. Quite." Rarity looked aside. "Rainbow? Is this true?"

"Hmmm?" Rainbow flipped a page and looked up. "What?" She blinked. "Oh. Yeah. Sure. Rain."

"Well, a little sprinkle of water never hurt anypony," Twilight said, grinning jubilantly. "Mmmmmm... that brew smells absolutely wonderful!"

"The Cakes got a fresh batch of coffee beans in today," Fluttershy said. "Straight in from Bagotrot!"

"Now this I've got to try!" Twilight rubbed her hooves together, ears twitching with ecstasy. "Nothing like the first sip of coffee straight off the delivery train!"

"My my, Twilight..." Rarity leaned across the table with a proud smile. "I must say: you look and sound positively radiant."

"Ohhhhh, Rarity..." Twilight tapped Rarity's hoof and laughed merrily. "You're such a flatterer. Still, if any pony is the proper judge of elegance, it's most certainly you!"

"Hmmm... you're too kind, dear."

"And Fluttershy..." Twilight turned to smile at her other friend. "Has anypony told you that your mane is looking truly gorgeous this afternoon?"

"Awwww..." Fluttershy blushed slightly, fluffing the pink bangs in question. "What a nice thing to say, Twilight. I do my best, I suppose."

"Don't knock natural beauty, Fluttershy." Twilight blinked, then looked over at Rainbow. "Say, Rainbow, I was thinking... I've been redecorating the castle as of late, and I've run out of room for my Second Edition Print of the first twelve volumes of Daring Do."

"Oh yeah?" Rainbow flipped another page.

"Maybe you would like to borrow them for a while?" Twilight shrugged. "Until I have the space again, at least. Honestly, you could keep them longer, if you like."

Rainbow looked up, blinking. "Wow... uhm..." She cocked her head aside. "Your Second Edition Print? You mean... you m-mean the ones with the—?"

"Gold-laced pages. Yes." Twilight Sparkle giggled. "I promise, they won't look garrish in your cloud home! Just place them in a spot where the sunlight isn't so bright and it should be just fine!"

"I'm not worried about decorating," Rainbow said, sliding in a bookmark and clasping her paperback edition shut. "That's just... heh... yeesh, Twilight..." She pointed at Rarity with a smirk. "Talk about outshining Generosity here."

Twilight giggled yet again. "Can I help it if I want my friends to be as happy as I am?"

"It's a fine gift, Twilight," Rarity said, winking aside. "I'm certain Rainbow Dash is beside herself with joy."

"I just... d-dunno what to say." Rainbow gulped. "Thanks a ton, Twi! Uhm... when should I...?"

"Any time! Just come on over and let yourself in! I mean it!" Twilight Sparkle motioned with a hoof. "Mi castle es su castle." She took a deep breath, then leaned back with a happy sigh. "Wow... the air is so crisp today! They really should open the windows in this place and let the afternoon just... flow through!"

"Uhm... I-I suppose the Cakes wouldn't mind if you requested it of them," Fluttershy said.

"Oh, I couldn't possibly be that demanding." Twilight stood up, stifling yet another titter. "But, for now, I think I'm gonna go sample some of that delicious-smelling coffee! You girls stay right where you are!" And she trotted off with a happy little bounce, humming to herself.

Rarity and Fluttershy stared after her, blinking mutually.

"Well, will you look at that?" Rarity mused.

"I am," Fluttershy said, smiling. "And I think it's wonderful."

Rarity looked at her friend. "What has she been up to lately? I feel like we haven't seen much of our favorite princess as of late."

"I... think she's been spending most of the time at the castle," Fluttershy remarked, tapping her chin in thought. "All last week and next, she's either been coming or going to her new home. Aside from a few chance conversations, she's... well... she's been a bit of a stranger."

"Oh, finally!" Rarity exhaled with relief. "At long last, it's happening!"

"What's happening?" Fluttershy said, blinking.

"Can't you see?" Rarity leaned in, whispering slightly. "Our dear Twilight has finally embraced her princesshood."

"You really think so?"

"Can't you see?" Rarity grinned from ear to ear. "All those weeks of melancholic mood swings were just an adjustment period! I do believe she's finally learning how to settle in!" She leaned back with a smug grin. "And to think that there was a time when she couldn't stand the sight of her castle's spacious interior."

"Pffft!" Rainbow suddenly blurted, nearly spitting out her last bite of doughnuts. "Are you girls for real? You think that's the reason she's all high-spirited and generous n'stuff?"

Rarity and Fluttershy looked over. "Well, we're more than willing to hear your hypothesis, Rainbow, darling," Rarity said.

"Isn't it obvious? Just look at recent history!" Rainbow gestured. "First, there was that Town with all ponies that we freed from Starlight Glimmer. Then there was the awesome job Pinkie and I did in Griffonstone. We recently avoided war with Yakyakistan—"

"Let's not forget Twilight's recent trip to Canterlot," Fluttershy remarked. She sighed happily. "My my, such a heartwarming tale..."

"Right. Her old pal Moonwalker's happy n'stuff. Whatever. Point is..." Rainbow leaned forward with a smirk. "Twilight's got a lot of friendship problems in the bag! I mean, in no small part thanks to us and the other girls, she's on one heck of a roll! Lemme tell you, when you feel that accomplished... heh... ain't no cooler feeling, ya dig?"

"Twilight... does enjoy scratching off the bullet points on her itinerary," Rarity said, fluffing her mane as she gazed off in thought. "But... that doesn't explain the rosiness in her cheeks... or the extra spring in the lady's step..."

Fluttershy's pupils suddenly shrank, and her muzzle made an "oh!" shape. She glanced left and right. "Uhm... I-I think I might have an idea, only it's... it's..." She bit her lip. "Oh dear... it wouldn't be very nice of me to say. Never mind."

"Tell us, darling!" Rarity said.

"Oh no. I couldn't. It's very inappropriate."

"Tell ussss! Oh please, Fluttershy, do tell us!" Rarity's muzzle hung open, and she glanced aside at Rainbow. "...or perhaps just tell me."

"What." Rainbow blinked.

"Well..." Fluttershy gulped hard. "Ulp. Okay." She leaned in, eyes trained on the far end of Sugarcube Corner as she whispered and whispered... and whispered into her fashionista friend's ear.

Rarity listened, her eyes also dancing about the bright pastel interior of Sugarcube Corner. At last, a few of Fluttershy's secret, honey'd words met their mark, and Rarity teetered backwards, her upper body propelled by a feminine gasp. "Oh! Fluttershy! You... you're absolutely right!!"

"Ohhhh..." Fluttershy sank slightly in her chair, covering a blushing muzzle with her mane hair. "I-I'm not even sure I want to be!"

"But, that would explain everything!" Rarity fanned herself, chuckling through a dumb smile. "And there's absolutely, positively nothing wrong with it! Why... I'm feeling happier and happier for Twilight already!"

"What for?" Rainbow frowned. "Seriously! I'm sitting at this table too, y'know!"

"Oh Rainbow, my dear..." Rarity waved a dainty hoof, chuckling. "It's nothing."

Rainbow pouted, folding her forelimbs. "Sure doesn't sound like 'nothing.'"

"No no no, what I mean is..." Rarity squirmed in her seat, avoiding the pegasus' gaze. "Oh, how do I put this without coming across as uncouth... well, Rainbow, quite frankly, you just wouldn't understand."

"Well, no, that's not true, Rarity!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"No, what I mean is: Rainbow Dash isn't exactly the kind of pony to care."

"Huh? Oh..." Fluttershy blinked hard. She smiled slightly. "Yes, I suppose that's true."

"Hey!" Rainbow's voice cracked as she leaned across the table. "I do so care about Twilight! Why... I'm as loyal to her as any other mare at this table! If not more so!"

"Oh, that's definitely not something we'd ever put into dispute, Rainbow," Rarity said. "Suffice it to say, however, that Twilight's joy may very well be attributed to something that extends beyond 'friendship.'"

Fluttershy giggled.

"... ... ..." Rainbow squinted. "You... you mean she's adopting a new dragon apprentice or something?"

Fluttershy giggled harder. Rarity joined in.

"Come onnnnn..." Rainbow flung her forelimbs forward. "I'm at my wit's end here! Don't make me beg!"

"It's rather simple, Rainbow," Rarity said. "Twilight's a princess now. She's entitled to... certain luxuries. In truth, she's always been. However—and this is simply a forward presumption on our part—it wouldn't surprise us if she's finally found herself in the position to... court a handsome beau."

Rainbow stared and blinked... blinked and stared. "...you mean you think she's dating?"

"Well, among other things," Rarity said.

"And those things' things," Fluttershy blurted.

Rarity gasped. "Fluttershy! Good heavens, dear!"

Fluttershy giggled, positively swimming behind a thick lock of pink hair.

Rarity gave her shoulder a playful swat. "Don't pretend to be so bashful! I'm actually rather proud of you for that one..."

Rainbow looked towards the service counter of the place where Twilight was getting her coffee made. She then looked back at her marefriends. "Our Twilight? No..." She looked back, then faced her friends yet again, this time squinting. "Nooooooo..."

Rarity chuckled. "Truth is stranger than the fiction in your Daring Do books, darling."

"You mean our Twilight? Princess Egghead of the Republic of Dictionarystan?" Rainbow rolled her ruby eyes. "The only thing she kisses is Spike to sleep each night."

"If it makes you feel better to think so, then so be it."

"Okay... let's make one thing clear." Rainbow waved a hoof. "I'm not a friggin' foal, mmkay? I know all about the birds and the bees and... erm... allergy season."

"Oh Rainbow, nopony's saying otherwise," Fluttershy said.

"Then what's with all the coy smirks and giggles?" Rainbow shrugged. "You think I've never imagined Twilight capable of getting naughty in the saddle? It's a big universe and stranger things have been known to happen! I just think—"

"You think what?" Rarity asked, eyelashes fluttering.

"I just think that it's far from the first thing on Twilight's itinerary!" Rainbow glared. "And don't give me that look." She picked up her Daring Do novel again. "Twilight Sparkle's into books and checklists and friendship conventions and that kind of stuff. She's just... just..." The pegasus shivered. "...not at all into having... mrmmm... somepony make love to her. I mean... yeesh... don't we all have better things to be doing with our time?"

"But that's just it, Rainbow," Fluttershy said in a gentle tone. "Not everypony's like you."

"... ... ..." Rainbow looked up with an icy squint. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Fluttershy blinked. "Erm... I-I suppose... uhm..."

"Not th-that there's anything wrong with it!" Rarity stammered. "We think it's... a rather noble and charming trait!"

Rainbow leaned forward. "What's a rather 'noble and charming trait?!'"

Rarity and Fluttershy gritted their teeths, looking anxiously at one another...

"I'm back!" Twilight slid into her table with a fragrant cup of coffee. "Mmm-mmm! Delicious! Ooh! Can I have one of those sprinkled doughnuts, Rarity?"

"Oh! Uhm... by all means, your Highness!"

"Heehee..." Twilight did a mock "curtsey" and lifted the treat in question off its plate. "Why, thank you, Duchess Rarity." She winked, took a bite, and hummed in pleasure at the succulent morsel. "Mmmmmm... you know... mrmmmff... the Castle is big and spacious and all, but I was thinking of having a patio extension built along the north side."

"Really...?" Fluttershy squirmed in her seat less and less. She kept a wary eye trained on Rainbow as she leaned towards Twilight. "...you don't say?"

"Well, I'd have to discuss it with the Mayor first and make sure it didn't violate any city regulations. I mean, I know I'm a princess and all, but I'm not about to overstep my bounds. But once she learns that it could mean a new place for communal gatherings and picnics, then I think she would be on board! I mean... why can't we all enjoy a bit of reverie once in a while?"

"But of course, darling." Rarity bore a coy smile. "One thing Ponyville is never short of is... parties. Ahem."

"I know! Just what I was thinking! Mrmfff... Celestia, these doughnuts are amazing!"

Rainbow Dash slumped back in her seat, sighing. As Twilight continued with her speech, the pegasus dug her muzzle deep into her Daring Do book, blotting out the sights of the other mares seated with her.