• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 717 Views, 5 Comments

THE PAST RECOLLECTS - Carmack21



Hurdling the cyan ponies body upward climbing ever so higher, Rainbow Dash had pushed her body to th

  • ...
 5
 717

Chapter2

Chapter 2

Without any hesitation, she tore off leaving the boutique in the dust. She was just a blue blur on a sunny cloudless day. Her destination was a few minutes away. Her brain was racing 100 miles a minute, but a thought raced in her mind that stood out and made her think. Did twilight know about the future event, and hadn’t warned anyone about what would happened? Just like the time she didn’t tell anyone about Nightmare Moon?

She lost her train of thought, leaving her with a split second to turn and avoid smacking into a wooden sign. After collecting herself, she peered at the sign that she managed to avoid by the skin of her teeth. In bright red letters it read “Ponyville Library.” A picture of an opened book rested underneath of the words, a fancy border outlined the entire sign. Being that she only goes to the library to barrow Daring Do books from Twilight, she never actually thought about the times that the library was open. With a quick glance at the times, she noticed something very odd, where the times were suppose to be, a plaque laid above the etched in times, it read “Times, Never Closed.” Rainbow stuck her hoof on her forehead and released an ample sigh of remorse for the lavender pony.

“Twilight!” the cyan pony called as she crept ever so much closer to the door. Nothing, not even a whisper was heard. “Twilight!!!!!” she yelled twice as louder than the before. Still no answer from the hollowed tree, what was she suppose to do now? As the Pegasus turned and started to dart upward, a faint but solid voice was heard off in the distance.

“Rainbow Dash, Is that you?” the owner to the voice drew; the silhouette was walking, no not walking, running towards her, faster and faster. Could it be? Is it just like she had promised, was it Twilight.

“Twilight?!!” Without even thinking the cyan Pegasus shouted at the silhouette. The shape grew closer faster at an alarming rate, growing bigger and replenished with the friendly lavender coat.

“I was right, I was right, going back in time is possible, not only by unicorns, but by Pegasus’s as well!” Twilight was yelling above her normal voice, but her cheerful smile quickly faded when the sight of the distressed Pegasus looking at her in disbelief.

“Twilight, stop I need to tell you of the future, we rea-“she was cut off by the unicorn who was exploding with questions.

“I can’t believe that you’re from the future. What does Equestria look like? Let me get a quill and parchment, you need to tell me all about it.” The energetic pony shot question after question, till the cyan pony had enough.

“TWILIGHT!!!! Listen we need to stop the contest from continuing. We need to tell everyone to get inside and prepare for the worse.” Rainbow said with a single gasp of breath. The lavender pony starred at her with a quizzical look on her face.

“What do you mean, ‘the worse’?” Twilight asked her friend.

“Well, you see, in the future….. Well, I can’t really explain it, but we need everyone to go home now, or something really bad might happen.” The light blue Pegasus had said to Twilight.

Just then the lavender pony turned in the direction of the slightest noise you could compare to a pin dropping on the ground. It was coming from behind a shrub bush that seemed out of place.

“Pinkipie?” both ponies asked at once.

“Aaawwwee, cupcakes, I was going to prank you two. And isn’t Dashy supposed to be at the competition?” The party pony asked with an awkward grin that seemed to explode with enjoyment.

“Uhm, Pinkie, how about you have a party for all the competitors at Sugarcube Corner, and make sure everyone is accounted for. When you finish that meet back here.” A stern voice cracked from the cyan pony’s throat. With a wider smile the pony tore off. Leaving Twilight and Rainbow alone, coughing in the dust Pinkie had left from zooming off to tell everyone about the party.

Rainbow looked at her watch Twilight had given to her, a basic wrist watch, but engraved in the back was the saying, ‘THE PAST RECOLLECTS,’ in a cursive form.

“Twi, I hope you’re right, I hope we can fix this.” She said as both ponies darted to the competition.

Comments ( 2 )

Any ideas?

If you want to see this story continued, please comment, or send a message

Login or register to comment