• Published 1st Nov 2014
  • 10,382 Views, 195 Comments

Twilight Becomes a Dazzling - Twilight Lightning



Twilight just got to the human world(again) and hears the whole situation about the Dazzlings. Adagio sees that she can be a threat and decides to take care of her. But not by getting rid of her, instead she wants Twilight to join them.

  • ...
19
 195
 10,382

Under Our Spell

Author's Note:

hold on click here if you haven't watched the movie watch it first etc., etc.
Sorry for the late update guys. I've been studying all week and still have a history project due in a couple days. But since I couldn't leave you hanging like that, here ya go. enjoy.

Under Our Spell

“Oh yeah.” Said Sonata after just remembering their history.

“Oh yeah what Sonata? What are you going on about now?” asked Aria

“I just remembered how I found the amulet. I went into this creepy ruin and it was just sitting there. I tried to tell you guys back at Trottingham but you never listened.”

Adagio and Aria stared at Sonata while they tried to contemplate what they had heard. They remembered what happened at Trottingham all those years ago, and how they ignored Sonata when she tried to get their attention.

You better believe I’ve got tricks up my sleeve

And I captivate cause I’m powerful and great

You better believe I’ve got tricks up my sleeve

See me dominate cause I’m powerful and great

“Well, it looks like they’re done. Shall we start the actual battle girls?” said Adagio

“Ugh finally, it feels like we’ve waited for hours.”

“Activate your amulets girls, this is where we begin our plan to get the Rainbooms into the finals and out of our way.”

“Hey Adagio, would you mind going over the plan again, cause I still don’t get it?”

“Yeah, what exactly will you do to them? I don’t want to hurt them or anything.”

“Relax Twilight, we’re just going to trap them underneath the stage.”

Twilight nodded her head in understanding. She didn’t care for them much, but she didn’t want to hurt them. Hearing that they’d be safe made her a little happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We sucked!” Rainbow dash yelled as she and the rest of the Rainbooms went backstage.

“Rarity what in tarnashin were ya thinking?”

“Well I’m sorry for trying to look good in front of a crowd. Just because it isn’t to particularly large doesn’t mean I shouldn’t look my best.”

“Girls calm down, I think you did alright.” Sunset said as she tried to get them to focus. “You have to stay focused on the finals and stopping the Dazzlings.”

“But what about Twilight, how are we going to stop them if she’s not there to activate the counter spell?” Flutterrshy asked while hiding behind Rarity.

Rainbow sighed, “We’ll just have to go on without her if she doesn’t make it. Oh and Pinkie Pie, what was with the confetti? How am I supposed to play when I’ve got paper in my frets?”

“Well excuse me for making things more fun!”

“It was rather distracting.” Said Fluttershy

“Says the one who hid from a spotlight the entire time!”

“GIRLS!” everyone stopped and stared at Sunset’s sudden outburst, “This is not going to solve anything, we need to stop fighting and work together. You need to stop fighting.” A moment of silence passed by as the Rainbooms looked at each other and then stared at the floor sighing.

“Ah reckon you’re right Sunset, but we still need Twilight.”

“You guys can battle, I’ll look for Twilight. I’ll let you know right away if anything comes up.”

“Oh Sunset dearie you shouldn’t look for her on your own.” Said Rarity

Spike stepped forward and attempted to salute, “Don’t worry Sunset I’ll help you. If anyone can track her down it’s me.”

“Thanks Spike, I appreciate the thought.” Sunset petted Spike on head and rubbed behind his ears.

“Ahem.” Applejack grunted, “Ah know this is good an’ all, but we still gotta find her ‘fore we do anythin’ else. How do ya plan on findin’ Twi anyway? Ah remember Spike saying somethin’ ‘bout bein’ a dragon back in Equestria, so that means he ain’t really used to bein’ a dog.”

“I’ll figure something out. Don’t worry about it Applejack, I’ll be fine with Sunset with me. With me knowing Twilight like I do and Sunset knowing the town I bet we’ll find her before the finals.”

Everyone nodded their heads in understanding. They had a plan, now all that was left to do was pull it off. The Rainbooms left and spike moved ahead.

“I’ll look outside the school, you look around here just in case she comes to the battle of the bands. Sound good?”

“Yeah Spike, I’ll see what I can do.”

With that Spike walked out the door and into the open air. Sunset walked around until an all too familiar voice rose from behind her.

“Oh well hello Sunset.” Cooed Adagio, “What are you doing back here, shouldn’t you be with the others? Oh wait that’s right, you aren’t in their band.

Adagio and Aria circled Sunset, each saying something to get to her.

“Probably afraid no one would want to see them play if she was in the group.”

“Th-that’s not true.”

“Believe what you will, but you know we’re right.”

Sunset left with her eyes shut, tears almost starting to form. She didn’t notice Twilight walk by or her small bit of concern. When she reached the others she had to ask.

“Did you really need to say those things to her?”

“Oh come now Twilight, you know it’s true. Maybe they have something against Equestrians in general.”

Twilight let that sink in for a moment. It seemed to make sense, Sunset already has a bad track record but she thought the others had forgiven her and gave her a second chance. Were they playing along, did they ever even care about Sunset in the first place? Were they only friends with Sunset because she asked them to, is that the only reason? With each thought Twilight’s concern for Sunset grew, while her discontent with her friends did the same.

“Come on Twilight, we’re up.” Adagio called to Twilight who was spacing out in thought again.

They activated their amulets and began to sing. Everyone’s attention was on the Dazzlings.

Oh whoa oh, oh whoa

You didn’t know that you fell

Oh whoa ho, oh whoa

Now that you’re under our spell

They sang all the while a certain pink person was watching with disbelief.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh wait, I’ll go grab some snacks. Maybe they have some left over from last time.”

“Um, ah don’t think that’s such a great idea sugarcube.”

Pinkie stared at Applejack hard, “Huh, why not?”

“Cause there was a lot of people there, ah don’t think theyd’ve had left overs.”

“Oh you’re just being a stick in the mud. Don’t worry I’ll be riiiiiight back.”

Before Applejack could process what she heard Pinkie had already left. Pinkie opened the doors and grabbed the left over cookies from before, but she heard familiar singing. This time it was different though. She couldn’t place her finger on what, but something was different. She shrugged giving up and turned around, her jaw dropped to the floor almost instantly.

Now you’ve fallen under our spell

Oh whoa ho, oh whoa

We’ve got the music, makes you move it

Got the song that makes you lose it


Pinkie repeatedly blinked and rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn’t seeing things, but each time the picture never changed. Twilight was singing with the Dazzlings, at least she was safe, but she was with them. Pinkie picked her jaw up and bolted out the door, the others had to hear this.