• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,086 Views, 63 Comments

The Last Days of Parrsboro - Eakin



An unusual earthquake may be the end for a little coastal town, and the start of something new for the world beyond

  • ...
11
 63
 3,086

11/2/2014

11/2/2014

We knew they would come, and we knew just as certainly that it would be too late. Many have fallen before their tanks and bullets, giving everything to protect this inner sanctum. The chanting has reached a crescendo, but it still isn’t enough to drown out the staccato chatter of machine gun fire. Nor can it overpower the screams, most of them human, a few of them not. The Way has begun to open, rending the sky above as powers beyond comprehension prepare to rewrite everything into perfection. We are not alone in our struggle; She has blessed us with Her heralds, creatures with only the tiniest fraction of Her true strength to aid us in this fight. If the soldiers approaching were smart, they would throw down their weapons and cast themselves upon Her loving mercy. Perhaps they might be allowed a moment to look upon Her wondrous visage before they’re torn apart.

Another sound rises above all the others. It’s laughter. Her glorious, terrible laughter makes the very walls and foundation of our building tremble, the beams above our heads creaking dangerously and starting to splinter. They will not last long. But they will last long enough.