• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,110 Views, 63 Comments

The Last Days of Parrsboro - Eakin



An unusual earthquake may be the end for a little coastal town, and the start of something new for the world beyond

  • ...
11
 63
 3,110

9/21/2014

9/21/2014

She is angry with me, and I deserve it. It’s been a year to the day since I figured out that I needed blood to carve the Crystal Heart, and even though I’ve gone through gallon after gallon of the stuff the work isn’t finished. The time is drawing near, and there’s no excuse for being tardy. I have to work faster, whatever the price.

I pleaded with Her in my dream last night. Asked her if there wasn’t some other way. Offered to do it myself. I was rebuffed every time. This is how is has to be. I stood outside my daughter’s bedroom for a long time before going in to wake her up, trying to think of how I was going to explain this to her. Turned out I needn’t have worried. She woke up with a smile on her face and told me that Celestia had already explained everything. She was so excited, and why wouldn’t she be? She was going to get to go to Equestria even sooner than she’d hoped. Couldn’t wait to get to my workshop, and she even smiled as she handed me the knife.

The work will be finished on time. Then maybe I can get someone to come and take a look at my roof. It must be leaking. These droplets of water dripping onto the page are making it tricky to write.