• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,108 Views, 63 Comments

The Last Days of Parrsboro - Eakin



An unusual earthquake may be the end for a little coastal town, and the start of something new for the world beyond

  • ...
11
 63
 3,108

11/17/2009

11/17/2009

Well, things have finally started settling down after that big quake last week, and stuff here in Parrsboro has gone back to being incredibly boring again. I swear to God, if I hear Robin make one more comment about how the quake ‘really shook things up’ I might literally strangle her to death. It was barely funny the first time, much less the seventeenth. Even that’s better than Barry over at the Fundy Geological Museum, though. I guess this is kind of his thing, so I can understand the excitement, but there’s only so long I can listen to him go on about ‘tectonic events’ or ‘inexplicable seismic activity’ before I start to tune it out. All I got out of the damn thing was a couple of broken plates, and of course the mayor’s making noise about building inspections. As if any of us could afford the fucking fees. Won’t be able to make payments on the house either if the fish don’t start biting again. Guess the quake scared ‘em off or somesuch. Oh well. We’ll figure out a way to get by. Always do.