• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 43,326 Views, 1,572 Comments

Flitter - Nyerguds



One changeling was already inside Canterlot... and he was as surprised as the ponies were.

  • ...
48
 1,572
 43,326

Epilogue 2 - Junebug

Flitter

Epilogue 2
Junebug

"Hello! We're back, missus Rain!" a chorus of three identical voices yelled. One of the three had actually said "mom", rather than "missus Rain", but it was impossible to see which of the three identical-looking fillies had done that. All three were pink-haired unicorns with a white coat, and no cutie mark.

Morning Rain sighed and shook her head, but couldn't help smiling at the trio standing in front of the door. "Glad you had fun. I hope you didn't mess with too many ponies' heads this time."

The three immediately gave her the awkward grins of children trying to look innocent. Morning Rain decided she really didn't want to know. If they'd done anything wrong, it'd probably be the twins' parents hearing about it anyway, since all three looked like them.

"Right," she said, "now transform back already, supper's just about ready."

"Just about? Then we still got a few minutes, right?" the left filly piped up.

The right one nodded gravely. "Yes." She looked at Morning Rain. "Can we play for a few more minutes then? Here in the garden?"

"Oh yes, please?" the middle one added herself to the chorus.

Morning Rain gave all three of them a stern look. "Junebug, don't make me get your dad to pick you out."

The right filly gasped, and looked at the other two. "He can do that?"

The middle filly nodded gravely. "Oh yeah. Family, that's how he can tell, remember?"

The left one frowned. "Huh, really? I don't remember that."

"She told us about that yesterday!" the middle one said to the left one. "Because he's a changeling, and she's a kinda-changeling, and he's her dad."

"Oh yeah," the left one said, still sounding rather unconvinced.

Morning Rain groaned, and put a hoof on her forehead. "Look, fillies you've had your fun, but we really have to eat now." She put her hoof down and smiled. "I made asparagus soup."

"Yay!" two of the fillies said. The one standing on the left put on a sour face.

Morning Rain grinned, and looked at the sour-faced filly. "So, you're Sparkleheart." She turned back to the other two. "And one of you two is my daughter."

The two remaining fillies gave Sparkleheart a disappointed look. "Aww, look what you've done, Spark," one of them said, "now she's figuring it out."

"And one of you two..." Morning Rain said with a sly grin, "really hates oatmeal."

Unsurprisingly, the two fillies in front of her kept completely straight faces. They weren't going to make it that easy, especially after all the trouble they'd gone through.

A black figure appeared behind Morning Rain, and gave 'Sparkleheart' a questioning look. The filly quietly slipped into the doorway and walked towards Flitter.

"Hey dad!" she whispered, morphing into to a pinkish purple pegasus with a blue mane. The only indication that she wasn't a normal pony was a small black knob on her forehead, where a unicorn's horn would be.

"Are you messing with your poor mother's head again?" the changeling asked softly, grinning widely.

Junebug looked at her mom, who was still standing in the doorway, peering intently at the neighbours' twin daughters.

She grinned, and winked at the two fillies. The twins kept their own eyes firmly on Morning Rain, to prevent spoiling the game.

"She'll figure it out," she said softly, and she made her way to the dinner table. She loved asparagus soup.

~ THE END ~