• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 4,327 Views, 29 Comments

Prince Dusk's Twilight - TheFaceofMercy



Dealing with hormones is a really REALLY bad experience... Contains Rule 63

  • ...
5
 29
 4,327

Dressmaker's Affairs

Author's Note:

My writing is still awful.

As the pair walked across Ponyville, Rainbow couldn’t help but to constantly steal glances at the gorgeous mare walking beside him, he ought to have a chat with Dusk later about him hooking up with his cousin. Deep down the pegasus knew there was probably some rule about dating a friend’s relative. He shivered at the thought, he knew he wouldn’t last long with an enraged Alicorn prince, and his older —captain of the guard, Princess of the Crystal Empire— sister.

Let’s enjoy it as long as it lasts, Blitz thought, looking over the walking form of the lavender unicorn, who was now gazing at the streets with worry present on her features. “Where are we going first?” The mare asked without taking her eyes off the roadway as Rainbow replied with a chuckle.

“I I think I should introduce you all of Dusk’s friends first, so you won’t feel so lonely if you ever come back here,” Rainbow said, guiding the mare through a crowded alley.

“All of them…” Dusk replied absentmindedly, ignoring Blitz painfully mediocre attempts at flirting in favor of going through every possible scenario in her mind. What if someone recognized her? Her reputation would be ruined, Solaris will be disappointed at her and he will take her wings away and… and then he will banish her to the moon for a thousand years!

Her troubled look caught Rainbow Blitz’ attention who stopped dead in his tracks. “Hey, are you alright? you look like you've seen a ghost..." This mare looks just like Dusk when having a panic attack, I guess it runs in the family… The pegasus thought, his subconscious juggling with the implications of being with a mare so similar to his friend.

Dusk stepped out of her apocalyptic visions with Rainbow’s remark while she shook her head hastily, “N-No, I’m okay… completely fine. Who are we meeting first again?” She asked, cursing her inability to mask her worry.

Judging by Dusk’s reaction, Rainbow decided to not press the issue and leave the matter to a more capable pony for understanding mares was not under his areas of knowledge. “We’re going to Rarity’s, she is a unicorn and works on Carousel Boutique, close from here.” He responded, the mare’s ears irking at the answer.

“Oh, really… and what does she do?” Dusk asked, faking interest.

“She’s a dressmaker, you’d like her, being a mare and all,” The cyan pegasus said trailing off, as the mare’s cheeks flushed.

“What’s that supposed to mean!?” Dusk yelled suddenly, startling Rainbow.

“Oh, nothing, nothing at all… I mean, you’re a mare and mares like dresses and stuff like that so I thought—”

“Nevermind, I’m sure you didn’t mean it, Where is this Carousel Boutique anyways…” The unicorn said quickly changing the topic, her new mindset kept confusing her ever so slightly.

“Uhh, we’re here,” Rainbow said, stopping in front of the tent-shaped building.

“Wow, nice place,” she remarked, looking over the rose-colored structure, admiring the already known shop for its out of the ordinary architecture compared with Ponyville’s other buildings.

Rainbow knocked on the door, after a few seconds, they heard Rarity's voice from the inside. As the door opened, the pair could see the figure of the alabaster unicorn greeting them.

“Welcome to Carousel Boutique, where every garment is chic, unique and magni— Oh hello, Rainbow Blitz, darling! Coming for a new suit I hope?” The white mare said giving the brightest of her smiles at the frowning pegasus.

“What! No way, I already have the suit you gave us for Dusk’s coronation and I’m not planning on wearing another one anytime soon,” The pegasus in question replied, shaking his head repeatedly, he was Rainbow Blitz, he didn’t do formal, unless mares digged formal, in that case…

“It’s a shame, you know.” Rarity said pouting at Rainbow’s answer as she looked over Rainbow’s side and noticed Dusk Shine trying to hide behind the stallion’s larger frame, “Oh I see you brought company, What kind of hostess I am letting you two here at the outside? Please do come in, make yourselves comfortable.”

As they walked inside the shop, they noticed fabric spilled across the room, and the usually organized instruments laying carelessly on the floor, deducing that Rarity was again in what she called her creative streaks, an almost monthly occurrence where fashion knew no boundaries.

“So very sorry for the mess, I was having one tremendous rush of new ideas until you came here,” the mare answered the unasked question as she tidied up—or at least tried to—the living room

“We’re not interrupting, are we?” Rainbow said looking over the mannequins that featured Rarity’s newest designs, “We could come over later when you aren’t so busy,” he said motioning Dusk to exit the building before being interrupted by Rarity’s magic.

“Oh nonsense darling, I think I’ve earned a deserved break from all these madness,” she replied getting closer to Dusk’s side. “Now, are you not going to introduce me your companion, Rainbow?” Rarity said, examining Dusk over.

“Companion?”

Rarity face-hooved. “Your friend here,”

“Oh right, well you see she is—”

“I’m Twilight Sparkle, I’m Dusk Shine’s cousin,” Dusk answered, interrupting Rainbow Blitz, “I came to take care of the library since he is out of town.”

“So, you’re little Dusk’s cousin?” She asked frowning slightly at the alicorn-in-disguise’s nervous smile before gasping in excitement. “That’s marvelous, Darling. You see I have tons of new designs made specifically for mare’s with darker coats, and you are the perfect model for all these dresses.”

Dusk breathed a relieved sigh before acknowledging what Rarity had just said. ”Wait, Model?!”

”Could you model those designs for me please, Twilight? You have the most fabulous palette and it is just perfect for my new Canterlot nights collection,” the alabaster unicorn said, looking at Dusk with those sparkling wide eyes that no one could resist.

“Umm, I don’t know, we were planning to visit all of my… er, Dusk’s friends and—” The lavender unicorn was cut short by Rainbow’s voice.

“Don’t you worry Twi, I’m sure we have time for Rarity’s little modeling session.” He said with a sly smile, he really wanted to see how Dusk looked with a dress on, if without one she looked absolutely appealing, with a dress on she would look extremely hot.

When I turn back, I will have a really serious talk with Rainbow about being such a pig

“Buuuut, Argh! Fine! I’ll be your model, But one outfit only!” Dusk grumbled, pouting childishly. If she hadn’t been so committed to her complaining, she would have noticed Rarity checking her back from time to time.

“Fantastic. Now be a dear, Rainbow and please leave the room for a while,” Rarity asked, turning to face the confused stallion.

“Bu-I thought—”

“Now now, Rainbow, this is essentially a mares only thing,” she stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world

“Fine…” he mumbled, “I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me.” The pegasi walked to the kitchen, planning to at least steal some food from her fridge as compensation.

“Thank you, Rainbow Blitz,” she called before her magic cast a privacy spell over the room. “Now, Twilight Sparkle, How did you think I wasn’t going to recognize you?” The mare said raising an eyebrow at the dumbfounded unicorn.

“W-what are you talking about… I’m just… Eh, Dusk Shine’s cousin…” The purple mare stammered, trying to comprehend by what means had Rarity discovered her disguise.

“Oh, cut the fake ‘Twilight’, I didn’t become the most successful seamstress in Ponyville without knowing how to spot a simple illusion spell.” Dusk mumbled something about being the only seamstress in Ponyville before Rarity’s murderous eyes stopped her. “Now I want to hear what happened,”

“Uh…”

“Well?”

“I-I messed up a potion, and I ended up like a mare. I was going to spend the week inside the library but then Rainbow Blitz burst into my place and I had to cast the illusion spell.” Dusk explained, feeling like a scolded foal.

“You were too embarrassed to tell him the truth, am I right?” Rarity provided as Dusk dejectedly nodded. “For the love of Faust, Dusk! Why didn’t you tell him?! I know he can be a bit thick-headed but—”

“Just a bit?”

“But that’s no reason to not trust your friends.” Rarity said, ignoring Dusk’s comment.

“I was afraid you know, I am a Princess now, I can’t be creating chaos everywhere I go! There’s already Eris for that!” The purple mare yelled, her voice cracking slightly as the whole weight of her situation fell on her back. “Plus…I was afraid what Solaris might do if he knew I messed up like this,” she cried, falling on her haunches, while Rarity rushed to her side to pull her into a bone-crushing hug.

“Hush, It’s okay, I understand,” Rarity reassured, as the crying mare broke the embrace forcefully.

“And this mare’s hormones, are making me cry for every little thing, I just became a mare today and I needed to be hugged twice!” Dusk said, her crying dying down into mere sniffling.

“Oh come on, You’re exaggerating, how do you think we do it?” Rarity responded while Dusk shot her a look. “Now that the cat is out of the bag, What were you planning to do? You do know you will have to tell the others sooner or later?” The white unicorn said, earning a quick gasp from the other mare.

“No! you can’t do that, I’ll be doomed!” Dusk shouted her eyes widening in fear.

“And I’m the drama queen.”

“Rarity! Pinkie Promise you’re not going to tell anypony!” Dusk said, staring maniacally directly into Rarity’s sapphire blue eyes.

The ivory unicorn gulped before answering, her voice quivering a little as a strong sense of deja vu invaded her. At least there weren’t any dolls nearby. “Fine, I Pinkie Promise I’m not going to tell anypony. Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye,” she replied thankfully once Dusk finally let go of her.

“Now, You were telling me what were you planning to do, Isn’t that right?” Rarity said her voice recovering from the sudden assault.

“Oh! Umm…I was going to wait for Zircon to arrive from his trip. I need him to help me look for the plants that I need for the antidote,” Dusk answered going full ‘scholar mode’.

“That seems like the best course of action,” Rarity said, moving closer to Dusk’s side, “Now that that’s out of the way, I think we can continue our little modeling session…” A mischievous smile formed at the edge of her lips, while Dusk backed away slowly.

“Th-that was for real?” Admittedly, the prospect of modeling clothes for Rarity was way more terrifying than public humiliation. Though those two fears were probably related.

“Oh not only that, you owe me a big one for making me keep that promise.We are going to do the whole package.” She answered knocking the door of the kitchen.

“You don’t mean— ”

“Rainbow, we’re going to the spa!” Rarity called the pegasus, who shot out the door the moment he heard those dreadful words.

“To the Spa?!” Rainbow asked surprised. “You said you only were to model some dresses!” He flapped his wings in an irritated fashion, not quite understanding his friend thought process.

“That was the idea, but Twilight here decided to join me for a try,” Rarity replied nonchalantly picking up a hat for the sun, motioning Dusk to follow her.

“But we… we were going to visit Applejack…”

“Oh don’t be like that, you could fly ahead and tell him we are coming,” she said by the threshold as Rainbow Blitz shot off behind her.

“Great idea, Rares. I’ll be off then, Have fun you two!”

“Well Dusk, what are you waiting for? Allons-y! Aloe and Lotus are waiting for us!”

Dusk grumbled behind her, “I am not letting you see another chapter of Doctor Whooves again.”

Rarity’s eyes shot open at the remark, “Why is that Twilight dear? You have to admit that the 10th Doctor is such a gentlecolt.” she smiled at her frowning companion.

“Don’t start again, Rarity— we all know the 4th Doctor is best Doctor. Now let’s go, I want this over soon.” Dusk mumbled walking past Rarity

“Do you even know where the Spa is?” Rarity asked seeing her companion stop and groan annoyedly.

“Oh, joy! A day in the spa, how fun.” The stallion-turned-mare said, appreciating that her sarcasm was the same no matter her gender.

“That’s the spirit!”