• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,449 Views, 192 Comments

Building a Better World: Origins - Cookie_Girl



when their world is on the brink of armageddon the peoples of Equus are moved to Earth

  • ...
15
 192
 3,449

Chapter 9

Arceus was by himself, having left Celestia to herself as well. He just knew that by now half the Legendaries had heard about what Mesprit had seen, and he was dreading the fallout, especially after Mew found out. Currently he was in his chambers going over the details of his newest idea. He could do it himself of course, but he had a habit of overlooking small details, and the other Legendaries would do a more thorough. The fact that this plan would give the Equusians a new home made it even more important to not skip the details.

As he paused in contemplation Arceus noticed a psychic pressure that had been building. It was Mew's power, so Arceus just assumed that his daughter was getting ready to make the changes to the DNA of the Equusian races. Turning back to his own work he picked out several spots that would be a good place to deposit them.

The psychic energy suddenly burst forth, but there was something off about it. <Hmm, either Mew evolved, or she has had too much sugar.> Leaving his work where it was Arceus teleported to his daughter's lab.

<...oh.> Arceus saw Mew's lab in a state of disaster. It looked like a Hurricane had been used. Papers were scattered all over the place, her stuffed animals had all had their parts mixed and matched, and there were several empty coffee pots setting at random around the room. <... Mew. Daughter where are you?>

He sensed her presence a little further on, and approached. She was hovering upside down, tilted slightly to her left, facing away from him with her tail down in front of her face like she was holding something with it. She was humming a song.

Arceus spoke slowly. <Mew, are you alright?>

<Daddy!> she shouted excitedly and spun around. Her left eye was twitching, the right staying wide open, her ears were cocked at different angles, and she was smiling just like a certain peppy pink party pony mare. <Imadeallthenewpokemoninlessthantensecondsflat!> She then drank the entire pot of coffee.

<Mew, who introduced you to caffeine?>

Mew giggled. <Luna left her coffee out so I drank it and it was yummy so I got more and drank it but it wasn't yummy so I got more and put sugary sweet stuff in it and it was yummy again and so I made twelve more just like it and now I can see eeeeevvvvverrrryyyyythiiiiinnnng!> her entire body twitched.

Arceus sweat dropped, and teleported any nearby coffee as well as anything with caffeine far far away. <How long until your current state wears off?> He could just remove any trace of the drug himself, but she would then snap back from hyper to not hyper, which could effect her Psychic abilities.

<Ummmmmmmm, a few hours if I'm left to myself, a few minutes if someone is able to calm me down and make me sit still while using a status healing move on me.> She vibrated for a moment. <CanIhavesomemorecoffee?>

<...how about I tell you a story instead? Would you like that?>

Still upside down Mew latched herself onto his head, and looked him in the eyes, somehow looking into both his eyes at the same time. <Story!>

<Alright then. This is how I first met the ponies.> He thought for a moment. <But first you have to promise me that you won't tell anyone.>

<Okie dokie lokie. I promise not to tell anyone. Cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye.>

Arceus sweat dropped again. He didn't know where she had learned that. She had even did the proper motions, though she had thankfully not produced an actual cupcake from nowhere. <Okay then.>


I had just watched the human boy get put out of commission by Team Eternity. I was angry, so very angry that my power actually managed to bend the walls of my prison for only a moment. I tried again and again multiple times as the days passed, using my anger as fuel for my strength, but it was no good.

I felt a little better after my tantrum, and decided to get my mind off the current situation and onto other things for a while. So I cast my gaze elsewhere across the multiverse. A number of dimensional viewing screens appear before me, each displaying something different.

<Hmm, let's see here. Oh, dragons! Well that looks interes- Wait did that human with the ax just kill a dragon and eat it's soul? No thanks! Next. ... Walking dead humans eating living humans? How did that even...I mean who in their right mind...never mind. I'll have to have Giratina do something about that.
Are we a cartoon there? Yes, that is a cartoon of us. Nice theme song I suppose, could use different lyrics. Oh well, moving on. The multiverse is a confusing thing, even to a god, some things just happen. No, no, no, hm interesting but no. Hm? What's this? Is that a human writing a story about me watching a human write a story about me watching a human, OH! NO! No, not going into a reality loop.>

Eventually I found my way to the ponies world. I watched as Princess Twilight battled Tirek. She did her people great honor in combat, but he cheated.

In need of more information about this place, and it's ponies I have the screens show me the history of their world. One screen showed me the general history while another displayed the ponies interactions with other races. <Incredible. To think that they made peace with the predatory gryphons by offering friendship and love. Our own experiences with humans would lead you to believe that impossible.>
The last two screens show the princesses, the elements of harmony, and the six ponies that now stay in the temple with us. In the span of only a few moments I have seen all that they have done.

I then noticed that the pink one was staring at me from her side of the screen. <Wait, she can't see me can she?> She reached into her mane, pulled out a cupcake, and held it out to me. Just as I'm getting tempted to reach through the screen for it ,which I knew wouldn't work anyway, she suddenly rushed off after her friends. Spinning in the air for a moment before falling, the pastry landed upside down in the dirt. <Oh well, I couldn't eat it anyway. Why are they running? Ah, looks like I caught back up to the present.>

I watched helplessly as their last hope for saving their world was destroyed. I watched Tirek try to actually kill one of them. I cheered as Discord ambushed Tirek and took his power. Then I was saddened by the revelation that their world was now doomed without the crystal tree.

After they re-banished the centaur they got together and attempted to come up with an idea that could save them.


Equestria third person pov

"Maybe Discord can do something!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

Everyone looked to him, except for Pinkie Pie who just stared off into space. They all leaned towards him as if anticipating him to say "Got you!" and fix everything.

Discord just shook his head, and looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry everypony, but even with all the magic in Equestria I'm not powerful enough to stop it. Not even all the magic on Equus would be enough."

Pinkie chose that moment to giggle. Everypony looked at her like she was, well in her case like she was normal, but given the current circumstances they were actually worried for once. Rarity leaned in to whisper in Twilight's ear "She's finally lost it hasn't she."

Before she could answer Twilight was cut off by Rainbow Dash. "Uh, Pinkie, were you talking to someone?" Rainbow Dash had come to the life changing decision to just go with it when Pinkie was involved months ago, and she now had a suspicion that something big was about to go down.

"Yeppers, I was talking to the watcher in the window. He's sort of like a pony but not really a pony cause he doesn't have a mouth but I didn't notice that earlier cause Tirek had my magic but now I have my magic back. See." she pointed a hoof at her flank where her cutie mark had indeed reappeared.

Everypony else paused and looked at their own flanks to find them still blank.

"Now hold on an apple pickin minute. How the hay does Pinkie Pie have her cutie mark back, but the rest of us don't?" Applejack demanded.

Everyone looked at Twilight, then Celestia, then finally Discord. "Oh you want me to explain it?" he pointed at himself in slight confusion. They all nodded. "Uh, okay." He snapped up a giant microscope, and placed it perfectly over Pinkie to better ponder the peculiar problem that had presented itself to the perplexed ponies. He then looked through the other end of the device to see what he could see.

"Well it seems that miss Pie here is naturally attuned to chaos more so than regular ponies, but she somehow balances it out with harmony." Discord told them all.

Twilight blinked. "Wait...seriously?"

Discord rolled his eyes. "Well how am I supposed to know? I'm not a scientist." He managed to sound insulted by the idea of such an accusation. "But what I can tell you is that she really is seeing someone through the wall."

They all looked confused. "What wall?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, you know, the wall." he was teasing her now.

"Cut the manure Discord!" Rainbow got in his face. "Tell us what you're talking about!"

"I'll give you a clue, or two." Discord shrunk the microscope to normal size and threw it over his shoulder making it vanish.


In a lab on the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier Dr Banner found the microscope he was looking for when it smashed into the wall next to him. Turning, he found only Tony and Thor. "Okay." he held up the broken microscope. "Who did it?" They both pointed at each other and said "Him."


"You see I currently possess all the magic in Equestria, which means that all the magic in Equestria is chaos magic." Discord explained, and they all seemed to understand. "That much chaos can't be kept in one place however, not even by me, so it's been cycling in and out of me this whole time. That means that even though it's not doing anything you are currently surrounded by chaos."

This made the others nervous, but the princesses, and especially Twilight started to get what he was saying.

Discord continued. "Now, Pinkie, for whatever reason, is highly sensitive to chaos, and has displayed a potential for manipulating it even if she doesn't properly know how."

"So..." Twilight wasn't sure where Discord was going with this, but if he was acting like his normal self then he must have found a way for them to save everyone. "What you're saying is that Pinkie can somehow save the day."

Discord snapped his claws, and bell sounded. "We have a winner! You see while I can't see what she can, probably due to some other magic, Pinkie has naturally developed a way of letting her ignore certain laws of reality. That means that if she were magically powerful enough she could go to this creature and use him as an anchor to pull the rest of us into his world."

They were all silent for a moment, before one of them had a rather strong reaction. "Are you insane? We are not giving all of the magic in Equestria to Pinkie Pie! We are not going to break the universe! How could you even think that that was a good idea? Do you want everything to suddenly be made of candy and chocolate? Because that is exactly what she would do right before she ate it all!

When Twilight stopped yelling at him his face was turned around backwards on his head. He quickly corrected his anatomy. "Well I can't do it because my chaos is just close enough to the particular brand of power that the thing on the other side of the wall uses that I'm being blocked, and we don't have enough time to find something else to save us, but she can ignore the power that is blocking me."

It several minutes for all of them to be convinced that it was their only answer. So Discord reversed the spell that let him eat the magic, and fed it to Pinkie. Nothing happened for a few moments. Then she spontaneously sprouted two wings and a horn. Twilight's reaction was to start begging Celestia and Luna not to make Pinkie Pie a princess. The party pony then grew to Celestia's size, and her mane and tail started flowing lilke an enormous mass of streamers. Her form then began to glow.

"Hey look I'm all shiny and sparkly!" the glow intensified until POP! The others all gasped as Pinkie burst into a shower of sparkling light.

"...did we just kill her?" Rainbow Dash asked with her ears drooped and her tail tucked down.

"Nah, I'm good."

Everyone blinked, and looked to the left. There was Pinkie Pie, and she was perfectly fine, and not an all powerful alicorn, and she was eating a box of doughnuts.

"So...did you fix everything?" Twilight asked, though she was unsure if she wanted to know the answer.

"Well not me but Arceus was really nice and-


<Wait wait, hold it.> Mew interrupted her father. <You skipped part of the study!> she pointed at him accusingly.

<Oh, uh...did I? > Arceus hoped not to let anyone find out about this.

<Yes you did.> Mew crossed her arms and huffed, her tail twitching at random to show that she was still hyper.

<Alright, I'll tell you everything.> he shook his head in irritation.


<Wait.> I looked all over in her world but she was simply not there. <Did she implode?>

"No I'm right here."

I calmly looked to my right and saw that she was indeed standing next to me. <Well that answers that.> I then returned to searching for ger in her world...and then I realized what had just happened. <AHHIIIEE!!!> I jumped away from her in a very ungodly manner, and tripped on my own hooves.

She just laughed. "You screamed like a filly!"

Thankfully I did not take too long to recover. <How did you get in here?>

"Umm." she looked a little worried. "One second." she walked over to a damb gaping hole in my prison wall, and closed it.

<Are you crazy?! Why would you close us back up in here without an exit?!>

"So we could talk silly." She actually said that with a straight face.

<Talk.> I really couldn't think of a proper way to respond. <You locked us inside my prison that has held me without fail for five thousand years so that we could talk.>

"Yep." She smiled again. "See, with the tree of harmony dead thousands of I don't know how many thousands of years of bad magic is now destroying our planet. I've already checked, and that is what is going to happen." She then became sad, and for some reason I felt myself getting sad too. "So your going to turn us into' pokemon!"

I blinked. Her new cheerfulness was so random that it took me a minute to catch up to what she had said. <Wait, what? Why would I make you into one of my pokemon?>

"Because silly." She tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned around to see her behind me. I whipped my head around so fast that I caused a miniature sonic boom. <The hell?!> I looked back behind me again, and she was still there. <How the hell did-

I used my power to remove the pie from my face. Where she got it from I don't know. <What was that for?>

"As Rarity would say "A lady's ears are not to be soiled by such vulgar language.""

<Ah, my apologies.>

"Looky looky here." She zipped (that is the only word that fits) over to a screen, and pointed at the scene it displayed. "These pokemon are being treated like pets. You don't like it, they don't like it, and you can bet your pretty pink plates that Celestia won't like it."

<My plates are not pink...well not all of them.>

"Ummhmm." She bounced in place for a moment, which was an odd sight since she was still almost my hight. This made me suspicious so I checked my plates. They were pink! Completely pink! <How?> I stopped her from telling me by saying I don't want to know.

<Okay, so your princess will fight for pokemon rights. I still don't see why I should make you all be pokemon.> At this point I was determined to keep my eyes on her no matter what.

"Well," she rubbed her chin before answering. "The humans will just call us pokemon anyway, and we'll need a way to protect ourselves, and those pokeballs are made to be able to catch anything that isn't human which means that a human seeing a pony for the first time would pretty much just have their pokemon attack the pony that couldn't defend itself and then they would start training them to fight so it only makes sense for us to be pokemon anyway, and why are you staring at me like that, are you flirting with me?"

<Hmm, well you have a point about all of that ...I AM NOT FLIRTING WITH YOU!> I backed away from her.

"Oh good." she exhaled in relief. "Cause I already like somepony."

<That draconequis?> I guessed. She gasped. "How did you know?"

After that we spent five minutes taking about random things. Just do the same yourself and you'll understand what I mean. We negotiated about what to do, and it was decided that she would give me all of the magic that she had so that I could create a new plate to augment my power, and I would save every living thing on Equus. I then asked her to promise not to tell anyone about what had happened when we met. She said that she would have to tell Celestia, but that she would just get Celestia to also promise not to tell anyone. I then had to promise her that the Equusians would all be given a safe new home, and that I would give the humans a chance to ,as she put it, be nice, before I unleashed my cosmic might upon them.


<And that's it Mew. Now you know how I met the ponies.> Arceus finished his story.

Mew just stared at him with a deadpan expression. <Pinkie Pie just randomly appeared in your pocket dimension, and made you scream like a little girl.>

<Yes.> he just looked at her blankly.

<I don't believe you.> Mew rubbed her eyes. <Good story, but I don't believe you.> she yawned, not the move, but a regular yawn. <I'm going to take a nap.>

<Alright then, sweet dreams my daughter.> Arceus nuzzled his daughter, and left her alone. As he walked through the halls of the temple he became aware of something on his back. He looked over his shoulder and flinched.

Pinkie Pie smiled at him from her perch on his ring. "She didn't believe you did she."

Author's Note:

Well look at that. It's April the first.

Check this out.