• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,449 Views, 192 Comments

Building a Better World: Origins - Cookie_Girl



when their world is on the brink of armageddon the peoples of Equus are moved to Earth

  • ...
15
 192
 3,449

Luna Pissed Off

Author's Note:

WARNING!

This chapter contains to rather dark nightmare scenes.

Princess Luna had accepted Mew's apology multiple times as the Legendary had felt so bad for saying what she said that she had had to apologize over a dozen times. It had eventually reached the point where Luna had started contemplating various methods of escape. The only thing she could think of that would work was to distract Mew with her work. So it was that the pink gerbil-cat raced off to her lab to begin converting the other races of Equus into pokemon.

Having had a rather stressful few days (what with the attack by Tirek and the destruction of her world) Luna did not quite feel up to performing her nightly duties. The alternative however was to stay up, and wander the Hall of Legends aimlessly. So she found her temporary room, and drfted off into her dream trance.

The dreams of pokemon turned out to be very similar from pokemon to pokemon. The only discrepancies were those that had opposite view points to each other. Those that preferred living wild, or tame. Liked, or hated humans. At the end
of it all the majority of pokemon simply wanted to be happy, and have fun, and their dreams reflected that.

That is not to say that they did not have bad dreams. Luna had already helped a crying Charizard recover its lost stuffed ursa toy that had run away with a Blastoise. She had consoled a broken hearted Delcatty whose trainer had traded for an Absol, and saved many a Grass type from runaway lawnmowers. There was also a fair share of true nightmares, but they were week enough that Luna felt no need to visit them personally, instead just dispelling them from afar.

Princess Luna was quite enjoying her peaceful work. Unfortunately she was interrupted by the presence of a powerful nightmare. It was a nightmare of such a level that Luna had to first shield herself from it before investigating. It was a nightterror, a bad dream so potent that if left unchecked a recurring one would eventually drive the dreamer insane.

She followed the dark power of the nightterror. As she got closer she began to see into the dream, and what she saw quickened her pace. Her friend Twilight Sparkle was the victim of the terror. Luna blurred through the dream realm like a streak of dark blue lighting. The dream ended before she got there.

She slowed down, and almost called it a night, but she noticed that Twilight was still dreaming. Curious, Luna poked her head into the dream wondering if Twilight had learned some dream magic. What she saw was Twilight, and a creature made of what felt to like living bad dreams. The creature was all black except for the white ghostly hair, and the red spiked armor around its neck. The creature spoke to Twilight, and it said <I am Darkrai, and your bad dream came from my power>.


Earlier
The great from of Lord Tirek loomed over her. Her body weak, and exhausted from the battle she had waged with the tyrant. She could still fight using her mind, and her magic, but only if she was willing to risk the safety of her friends.

She would never, and it shamed her to admit it, but she would never sacrifice her friends for anything, even the kingdom itself. It broke Twilight's heart to imagine what Princess Celestia would say when she found out that she had thrown away a chance, her only chance to save Equestria. She could already hear her mentor's words "How did you get so selfish." Tears formed in her eyes.

She had no choice, and so surrendered to Tirek. He cast her friends aside, reached to scoop her up to his gaping fanged mouth.
The last thing Twilight Sparkle saw before she was consumed was his face, a serpent's tongue escaping from a drooling fang filled mouth below two smoke spewing nostrils, and capped by his glowing fire filled eyes.

Then she fell. Down, down past the teeth, straight down his esophagus that was lined with rings of sharp needle like teeth that would jab at her, pricking her skin as she passed them. By the time she reached the stomach she looked, and felt like she had lost a wrestling match with a giant flexible cactus. Then she hit the acid, and it seeped into every single pin hole going directly into her blood stream...

A shower of pink glowing feathers brushed aside the bad dream, and Twilight found herself looking at pair of what she thought must be pokemon. One was a blue, and yellow swan like being with pink ring shaped wings. The other was dark with flowing fog like white hair, and spiked red neck armor. The swan smiled at the dark one before drifting off to some other dream, leaving it alone with Twilight.

"Um, hello?" Twilight asked.

<Princess Twilight, please forgive me,> he, as his voice was not deep but masculine, bowed <I am Darkrai, and your bad dream came from my power >


Now

Before another word could be said a burst of moonlight ended Twilight's dream completely. Twilight woke up in her bed. She sat up with a sleepy expression on her face. Then she flopped back onto her pillow, and started snoring.

In the dream realm Princess Luna was glaring at Darkrai. "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GIVING SUCH NIGHTMARES TO SOME INNOCENT DREAMER? WHAT GIVES YOU THE RITE TO DO SOMETHING SO HEINOUS?" she yelled at him in the Royal Canterlot Voice.

The Legendary Pokemon of nightmares flinched. He clasped his hands together in front of him and bowed. <I am sorry Princess Luna, but I did not cause Princess Twilight's nightmare on purpose. I was merely walking the halls of our temple, and just as I happened to go past her room my power reached out to her dreams on its own, as it always does >

Luna raised an eyebrow at Darkrai. "You are unable to control your dream powers?" she inquired.

<Not even a little bit > Darkrai looked at his hands, and clenched them into fists. <I am constantly worried that I will hurt someone who does not deserve it, or even someone that I hold very dear to me >

Luna was about to say something, when she heard crying. She looked to her right, and saw the former Element of Kindness in a nightmare. Fluttershy was curled up on her floor, crying uncontrollably, and hugging the headless body of her beloved Angel bunny. The rabbit's head was in the jaws of a hideous dream beast that she had apparently tried to adopt. The beast was now rampaging through her home trying to kill the rest of her animals.

Luna jaw dropped like never before. There was simply nothing that could be more horrifying for Fluttershy than this. A black tendril of darkness waved in front of her eyes, trailing from the nightmare. Luna, her eyes wide, her jaw still dropped followed the tendril to its source.

Darkrai swiped a claw through the tendril, dispelling the bad dream. He looked at Luna who was staring at him with a 'what the fuck' expression. Now Darkrai had actually had the pleasure of talking with Fluttershy earlier in the day, and in less than five minutes he had come to the conclusion that she was the sweetest, and most loving being in existence. So he knew exactly how bad this looked. <I

WOOMP!!

Darkrai folded over as Luna planted a hoof in his gut. With him doubled over she headbutted the back of his skull. He recovered enough in time to see her drive her hind hooves into his face. The blow struck with enough force to knock him into a nearby dream.

Rainbow Dash had done it. She had created a move even more awesome that the Sonic Rainboom. The crowds were cheering her name. Princess Celestia was presenting her with a medal. Princess Luna punched a black ghost into the sky, tearing a hole into space through which everything was sucked out. Once she was in space Rainbow Dash could no longer fly because she remembered Twilight going on and on about how it was impossible to fly in space.

Darkrai recovered, and tried to defend himself. Knowing that they were both dream walkers, he knew that pokemon moves would have no real effect. So he did the only thing he could. He would normally never even consider doing this, but he had to do something. Darkrai tapped into his nightmare powers.

Sending a tendril into a nearby dream he latched onto the first thing he could, and threw it at Luna.

Twilight was reading a book about dreams. Suddenly it became a book about snakes. A large anaconda slithered out of the book, and kissed her on the nose. Before she could properly freak out however, a zipper opened in her wall and a black rope wrapped around the big snake and pulled it through. The anaconda waved goodbye with its tail, and the zipper closed itself.

Darkrai through the giant serpent at the Princess. First he was surprised it had worked. Then he was very disappointed when Luna stabbed it with her horn, and it dissipated into nothing.

"THOU THINKETH THAT A NIGHTMARE?" Princess Luna exploded. She literally exploded, her body bursting to pieces as a being twice her size replaced her. Her horn was long, and thin like a rapier blade. Her body was the deepest midnight black, her eyes luminous blue her mane and tail like living pieces of the night sky. And her teeth were the triangular razor sharp fangs of a shark. BEHOLD THE FACE OF TRUE NIGHTMARES.

Darkrai muttered a single curse to himself <Oh, pokeballs > before he was forced out of the dream realm by what he could only describe as being hit with the moon.