• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,424 Views, 192 Comments

Building a Better World: Origins - Cookie_Girl



when their world is on the brink of armageddon the peoples of Equus are moved to Earth

  • ...
15
 192
 3,424

This epilogue is only the beginning

Greetings citizens of Earth both old and new. I am Arceus, and I have returned. For many centuries, I have watched, helpless to intervene as this world suffered atrocities, and disasters. Now, I am free, and I will be able to deliver justice where it is needed.

However, today is not about those who have harmed this world. Today is about those who are new to it.

The quake that was felt across the world earlier today was the creation of a new continent. A new region of new pokemon.

These new pokemon are from a different world that no longer exists. Through the power of me, and my children they were saved. We brought them here to live.

These new pokemon are Ponies, Changelings, Griffins, Zebras, Deer, Hippocampi, Minotaurs, Breezies, and others. With them comes the new Magic type. Now I understand that this is very tempting for trainers, but be warned that anyone seeking to take one of them without the pokemon’s own permission will answer to their Legendary guardians Celestia, Luna, and Artemia.

And me, Discord!

Ah...yes one more. Discord the spirit of chaos. ...Now where was I? Anyway, these Legendaries will allow a few professors to visit their land, but only after their subjects have had enough time to adjust. Soon enough after that they will allow visitation to trainers.

Farewell to you all, and I bless you.

Professor Oak put down the paper that he had copied Arceus’ words onto. “In a world of pokemon wonders never cease. As big as a Wailord, or as soft as Flaffy’s fleece.”

The aging Professor stood up from his desk chair, and walked around his office with a cane in his left hand. “A whole new region. New species of pokemon. A new type of pokemon!” He thrust his arms into the air with excitement, and quickly regretted it. “Ohh, my back. I've got to stop doing that, but pokemon are so cool!”

Professor Oak heard the doorbell ring, and went to answer it. Outside he found three humans, a Greninja, and what looked like a small orange Ponyta with wings. In the sky he could see a Noivern flying off.

“May I help you?” Professor Oak asked them.

“I'm Gene Phillips.” the young man almost didn't say his last name. It came out half mumbled as he reached out for a handshake. “I'm here to get my Kanto region trainer’s license, and a pokedex update.”

“Why didn't you say so?” Professor Oak smiled and happily shook his hand. “By the way, I was rooting for you the whole time. Are you aware that there is an ink mustache on your upper lip?”

Gene blinked a few times before he remembered. He then glared accusingly at Bell and Weiss. “You two really let me walk around with a magic marker mustache on my face?”

“Yep.” Weiss smirked as Bell teleported ten pokedollars out of Gene’s wallet. She frowned as Weiss had won their bet, and handed him the money.

Professor Oak chuckled. “Well come on in, and I'll get you on your way in no time.” Gene and Belle walked inside, and Weiss started to follow. Professor Oak held his cane out in front of the other man to stop him. “You will stay out here.”

Weiss had to process that for a moment. Old man trying to stop me from doing my job. He is poking a cane into my chest. Why am I letting him do this? “Look doc, I've got a job to do. I'm contracted to protect that guy. So if you don't mind?” He moved to grab the cane, and Professor Oak quickly jabbed it down onto his foot.

“I am perfectly aware of who you are young man, and you are certainly not allowed in my lab.” the older man scowled at Weiss as he shook the pain from his foot. “Contracted or not, you are a bad influence, and you will not enter my home.”

“And how exactly will you stop me?” Weiss asked with a sigh that was half annoyed, and half bored.

Professor Oak smiled. “Let me introduce a friend of mine. Charizard!”

Whooosh! A sudden wind blew past them as a large orange reptile landed behind Professor Oak. The Charizard let out a roaring torrent of flames that easily shot thirty feet over Weiss’ head, and left a few singed hairs.

Professor Oak was still smiling. “Allow me to introduce my friend, Charizard. I'm sure that you have heard of his trainer, Ash Ketchum.”

Weiss’ right eye twitched for some reason. “Yes, I'm familiar with the Battle Frontier Brain.”

Professor Oak continued smiling. “You see, I'm getting old, and since Ash was worried about me he sent Charizard to stay with me. Actually several of Ash’s pokemon are here, along with some that were trained by my grandsons Gary and Blue.”

“Bulba!” Weiss and Greninja looked down at the Bulbasaur that stood between them. The Grass/Poison pokemon had a small, but constant puff of Sleep Powder that was ready to be blasted out.

“...I still have to insist on one of my team going in with you.” Weiss finally deadpanned. He took out Doc’s pokeball, and called out the Audino. She looked around, and blinked as she recognized the famous professor. “Doc, Professor Oak. Professor Oak, Doc. Doc, you go in with him because he doesn't want me in his lab.” Doc just nodded, and walked over to him.

“It's very nice to meet you Doc! Allow me to escort you inside.” Professor Oak held his hand out for her to hold so he could lead her inside.

“Well it's nice to see someone is capable of behaving like a gentleman.” Doc said as she took his hand.

Greninja tapped Weiss’ shoulder. Having gotten his attention the ninja frog pointed at the Charizard, then at the lab door, and the he shrugged. The question was obvious to Weiss; “Not worth the risk?”

The mercenary scratched his chin. “Well...the Charizard is strong for a League pokemon, the Bulbasaur has us pretty good, and he was probably bluffing about his grandsons’ pokemon...but do you want to take the risk of one of Red’s pokemon being in there, and us pissing them off?”

Greninja thought about that, and then nodded his head in agreement.

Inside his lab, Professor Oak was giving Gene, Belle, Scootaloo, and Doc a tour. He showed them the nursery where all the younger starter pokemon stayed, and Belle almost went crazy over the amount of adorable that was in there. Then he showed them the garden, and Doc was able to collect some healing herbs for making her medical potions.

“Well here we are.” Professor Oak announced as he opened the door to his lab. “This is where I help new trainers get started on their adventures. Ah, I remember each, and every boy, and girl who came to me for there first pokemon.”

“You gave Red his first partner didn't you?” Gene asked as he saw three pokeballs set, and ready for a trainer to pick one.

“That's right! Red, Blue, Gary, and Ash. By far the four most talented trainers that came to me. Red became the Champion of Champions, Blue fell out of competition battling years ago but he still trains his partners, Gary followed in my footsteps and will take over as the professor of this lab someday, and Ash Ketchum is the Frontier Brain to beat right now.” Professor Oak smiled in satisfaction at how far those boys had gone in the last twelve years.

“Wow! I'm glad I won't have to battle any of them.” Gene rubbed the back of his head, and smiled sheepishly.

“Hey! We could win!” Belle protested him indignantly, and then she sweatdropped. “Well not against Red.”

“By the way, Gene how would you like to have a pokemon from my lab? I don't think you have a Water, or a Grass type.”

“Sorry, but no thanks.” Gene just smiled. “My team is my family, and I like to have all of them with me. Any more than now, and I'd have to leave someone behind. Besides that, Webber can take care of any Water or Grass types we battle, and River is as good as any Water type herself.”

“Alright then. Your visit was a bit of a surprise so, I'm afraid I don't have a license printed out for you, but I'll have it in a few moments if you just wait here.” Professor Oak told them as he walked to his office.

“Sure thing. Hey, is it ok if I check my email?” Gene asked.

“Of course, the pc is just over there.” Professor Oak pointed to the computer next to a pokeball transport system.

Gene thanked the older man again, and booted up the pc. He entered his password fairyprincess, and opened his inbox. The first thing he noticed was the sheer number of emails. “...I'm probably going to delete most of these.” The second thing he noticed was an email from a very dear friend, right at the top of the list. “Bell check this out!”

Belle grinned, and shook his shoulders. “What are you waiting for? Click it!”

So Gene opened the email.

AbbyTrombly@PokemonRangers.gov

...

...

My dearest Belle and Gene, I apologize for taking so long to send this email to you, I’ve been quite literally swamped in work. Now... you’ve probably looked at the end of my ‘name’ above and seen where it is that I’m sending from, well, I hate to do this via email but as it stands I’m too busy to make the trek across the world to where you are right now so I suppose this is the way it has to be.
All those years ago when Kasai and I first found your little campsite, we weren’t entirely honest with you. In fact, we were lying to your faces the majority of the time, and for that, you have my deepest apologies. Kasai and I have always been members of the Pokemon Rangers, Top Rangers in fact, simultaneously, we have been together for years, we never lied about that part. You probably would have noticed if we had about the last part, hah. Still, I’m stalling, sorry, I’m bad at writing emotional emails. Ehehe, this actually reminds me of how Kasai and I came out to the other Rangers after a certain law was passed... apparently 90% of the other Ranger Pokemon knew about us already so things went pretty smoothly... wait, right, sorry, still mentally stalling... sorry.
Right, where was I, ah, yes... Kasai and I had always been of the rather biased opinion that persecuting every Pokephilia case as they were all the same was wrong, so we liked to do some scouting out of each pair before we reported or arrested them. We’d take the guise of lost travelers, open up to them a little about our relationship and see how they reacted and what they’d tell us. If by the end of the night we decided that the relationship was a broken one, and that the Pokemon (or trainer, yes, it happens) was being abused, then they’d wake up handcuffed and slung over Kasai’s back on their way back to the nearest Ranger station. If not, and this is your case obviously, we’d let them go on their merry way and file a report saying that even with Kasai’s incredible nose that we were unable to find you anywhere in the area.
You and Gene however were different, you two were just so lovely and kind that Kasai and I couldn’t help ourselves but come back to you over and over again. You’re both some of our best friends in the world, and the ones who know us the most intimately... so... from Kasai and I, we love the hell out of the both of you, we’ll see you when we finally get the current amount of mess that we’re dealing with squared away. Oh, and Kasai specifically says ‘I can’t wait to be your noble steed again, Fairy Princess’, heh. Anyways, feel free to reply and we’ll see when we can get together again!
Love Abby and Kasai
P.S. Tell Mage that Luke says ‘hi’.

The Email ended with a pair of pictures of Abby and Kasai in their Ranger outfits along with one of them both lying on a bed together, Abby with her face in Kasai’s neck and the large Arcanine cradling her against his chest.

Gene, and Belle both stood there staring at the screen. They couldn't believe it. All that time, and they never knew. And now they just wished...that they could have seen the looks on all the Rangers’ faces. Especially Professor Hastings!

“So I guess we know where to send the wedding invitations next year huh?” Gene chuckled, and blushed as he remembered what had happened on some of their camping trips with Abby and Kasai. What had happened between a known fugitive, and the Ranger who was supposed to arrest him.

“We should probably expect one from them too.” Belle pointed out. Then her eyes sparkled. “Eeee! Double wedding!”

Scootaloo scrunched her face up as she thought. “What does it mean when it says that Kasai can't wait to be your noble steed again? And I thought only Dad called you his fairy princess.”

“...Professor Oak? Is my license ready yet?” Gene called out.

“Coming right up!” Professor Oak walked back out of his office with a trainer’s license, and new pokedex. He handed them both to Gene. “Here you are! Just transfer all your data over to this new pokedex here, and leave the old one.”

Gene did as he was told, said goodbye to Professor Oak, and walked outside with Belle, Scootaloo, and Doc. They found Weiss, Greninja, a Bulbasaur, and a Charizard all playing poker. From the looks of things the Bulbasaur was winning.

“I still say that Bulbasaur was cheating.” Weiss grumbled for the third time after Gene had all but forced him to abandon the game by walking off without him. “Give me five minutes and some pruning shears, and I'll have my proof.”

“Sorry, but we apparently have a schedule to keep.” Gene told him as he examined his new pokedex. “Looks like, Professor Oak gave me a map of a good route to take around Kanto. It's got all the gyms, Battle Frontier locations, and other stuff.”

“What's the first stop?” the mercenary asked as he began to pick his fingernails with a knife.

“Looks like, Pewter City. Oh, hey! That famous gym leader from Saffron City is still running her gym.” Gene heard a yelp, and some swearing from behind him, but he ignored it. “This will be SO awesome!”

And with that, Gene set out to take on the Indigo League. His beautiful, Belle, and his adopted daughter, Scootaloo at his side.


Theme song.

Author's Note:

Special credits go to the following authors for letting me use their characters, or writing for this story themselves.

ed2481

V-Oblivion

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/tdnpony

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/Smashing+Skunk53

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/zeusdemigod131

Thanks a bunch guys! You are all awesome!