• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,451 Views, 192 Comments

Building a Better World: Origins - Cookie_Girl



when their world is on the brink of armageddon the peoples of Equus are moved to Earth

  • ...
15
 192
 3,451

Battle Royal

Gene wasn't complaining, not too much anyway. The guy that was trying to kill him, Joker, had decided to use an oversized wooden hammer rather than the revolvers he had in his hip holsters. Unfortunately for Weiss this was something to complain about as it meant he got knocked to the ground several times, and his black trench coat got dirty which Joker found funny. With Joker being the only one that was actually trying to kill Gene and the pokemon members of Royal Flush just keeping the other Checkmates occupied, Weiss only had to worry about the one mad man.

Joker swung the hammer from his left to his right aiming for the other mercenary's head. Weiss ducked underneath the swing and thrust his right hand forward to try to stab Joker's arm, but Joker let go of the handle with the hand that was aimed at and he was thrown off balance by the hammer. Spinning in a circle Joker knocked Weiss' right hand away from him with his left hand, spun on his toes and aimed the hammer at the other man's back, but Weiss saw it coming and flipped himself onto the ground, rolling face up as Joker was in the right spot he kicked him in the gut sending him falling to his back. Weiss rolled himself up onto one foot and a knee, and threw a knife at Joker. Joker blocked the knife with the handle of his hammer just before his nose got pierced.

"Wooo! Weiss buddy, you're actually trying this time." Joker cheered as he stood up. He grabbed the knife with his left hand and pulled it out of the hammer's handle. Twirling the knife around in his fingers he grinned wider than he had before. "People are going to need more popcorn!"

Shredder and Roll had teamed up against two of the Grass types, Iosac the Whimsicott and Saraid the Breloom. Any other time the Fighting type would go directly for the Dark type since she has a double weakness to Fighting, but Shredder was too experienced and familiar with that strategy for it to work. So instead the the Fighting type was going up against the Lopunny and the Fairy against the Bisharp.

Shredder's sword danced through the air as easily as if it was an actual part of her body. The Whimsicott was fast, small, and highly skilled at evasion. Shredder slashed down at the rapid little Fairy who kept blowing raspberries at her every time she missed.

"Iosac you bastard leprechaun, hold still!" Shredder cursed as her sword cleaved into the ground. She hated fighting opponents like this, they used a different strategy each time and could switch to a different one at any moment.

"Hehehe! " Iosac zipped around her and dusted her with a Cotton Spore to lower her speed. He then sent a Razor Leaf across her back, the low level attack didn't do much damage to the armored Steel type but it was still one more hit that he had landed.

Not having the option of increasing her speed Shredder opted to increase her attack and defense with Swords Dance and Iron Defense. She would catch him eventually, it was only a matter of staying in the fight long enough to tire him out. She saw him come around her right side and thrust out her armored hand with a Night Slash.

Iosac pulled back just in time, the Night Slash had clipped the white fluff on his head. She may be slow to him but Shredder was still a member of queen in Checkmate, so she was NOT to be underestimated. So he used a Tailwind to boost his own speed started pelting her with Razor Leaves from every possible direction, and blowing raspberries the whole time. ""

Roll had quite the boxing match for herself. Saraid was the best hand to hand fighter in Royal Flush. The Breloom threw two left handed jabs at the Lopunny's face, only missing because her target ducked to the left. Roll came back at the Grass type with a right hook to the jaw. Saraid rolled with the punch and spun with an Iron Tail aimed at Roll's legs. But the Normal type hopped lightly over the metallic appendage, only to get a fast Mach Punch to the gut.

After sliding backwards a few feet from the force of the blow Roll remembered one crucial fact about her opponent. Saraid had the Effect Spore ability, which meant that every physical hit she took from the Grass/Fighting type pokemon delivered a shot of poison to her system.

Saraid taunted her adversary with a cocky grin and put her hands up in a boxer's pose. Roll Growled and cracked her knuckles, which ignited in flames as she powered up her Fire Punch. In the blink of an eye the two female brawlers were slugging it out like a pair of crazed bare knuckle boxers.

Elsewhere across the battlefield the various members of the two rival mercenary groups had paired off and were going at it. Simon the Excadrill was locked in a stalemate wrestling match with the Dark/Ground Krookodile, and the earth trembled and shook around their feet. Titania as a Fairy type had the advantage over the other three Dark types and was dancing around them while she hit them with various Fairy type attacks. Pancha and the Farfetch'd had taken to the air and were nothing more than two blurs striking each other repeatedly while in flight.

Among them all was a little multicolored figure dashing in between them and delivering light jabbing strikes to any of the Royal Flush pokemon that were fighting. Her green body moved fast, her red and blue flower bouquet 'hands' shooting Poison Stings at any nearby enemy, and the white petals on her head whipping to and fro as she changed direction to strike yet another target.

If I could just get close to Iosac and Saraid then I'd be able to take them out of the fight. Rouge thought to herself. She glanced at the two Grass types where they were fighting Shredder and Roll. The Whimsicott had a flat top where her teammate's sword had clipped his fluff, but Shredder was only getting slower as he hit her with more Cotton Spores. Roll was faring a little better as she landed a solid left right combination to the Breloom's face with her Fire Punch, but the poison was taking its toll as well.

Rouge returned her attention to the task at hand, and yelped as a sun and moon appeared in front of her. Before she could get away she was knocked down by a Psychic attack and was then trapped by a Fire Spin. She jerked back from the ring of fire around her and watched the two Rock/Psychics carefully. She didn't know these two members of Royal Flush very well. All she knew was that the Solrock was named Helios and was the muscle of his team while the Lunatone was named Selene and dealt more in countering attacks.

"Well hello." Helios greeted her as he floated just beyond the flames. "Are you from space baby? Because your thighs are out of this world."

"...What?" she wanted to be sure she had heard him correctly.

"How would you like to come back to my place and play? I'll be the naughty Professor and you can be the young naive trainer."

Rouge sputtered and failed to form any actual words as her brain refused to work. But a response was given nonetheless as one of her teammates had heard these words as well.

Simon the Driller, in a burst of strength and agility suddenly spun on his heels, grabbed his opponent's right arm in both of his massive clawed paws, and heaved. The Krookodile flew through the air (an unwelcome experience for the Ground type) and startled several of the pokemon on both sides of the battle, and rammed into the Solrock with enough momentum to keep going and crash through a few trees.

"THAT IS NOT HOW YOU TALK TO A LADY!" Simon bellowed.

Everyone else shrugged and went back to trying to beat each other senseless. Simon ran over to where Rouge was trapped by the still burning ring of fire and used his big claws to shovel large scoops of dirt onto the flames. They stood there for a moment, and then realized that Selene was still floating nearby.

"... I'll go check on Helios now." wisely said the Lunatone.

Simon watched the moon pokemon go before he spoke to Rouge. "Are you okay?"

"Oh I'm alright Simon." she told him and blushed just a little. "Thank you for saving me."

Simon noticed her blush and got a little concerned. "You're turning red there. Did the fire get you?"

"What? Oh, yes just a teensy bit I think, but I will be fine." she waved him off with a red bouquet and grinned sheepishly.

"Well if you say so. Back to the battle!" Simon turned to run back into the fray. He got about five feet before a Snorlax bellyflopped on him.

"Oh dear! Simon are you alright?" Rouge called to him.

The Snorlax stood up off of him and he rolled over onto his back. "Well if it isn't the rotund one." he taunted feebly as his lungs tried to recover the oxygen that had been knocked out of them. "Go take a jog."

Gordo did not like being told to take a jog, so he stomped on the other pokemon. Stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp. Then he jumped and delivered another Heavy Slam bellyflop, the Steel type move doing increased damage from the Snorlax's massive weight. It did not end there though as the enormous Normal type bent over (somehow) and started slapping his face repeatedly.

Rouge could have left it to Simon if it was just the violence because she knew that he would look back on it as a good time battling his rival. What she could not stand however was the insulting way that Gordo was smacking him in the face, and the disgusting language that he was using. Choosing to indulge her temper Rouge cupped her bouquets at her right side and started focusing absorbed sunlight into a ball. She let the energy build up as much as possible before calling out the attack. Normally She and her teammates did not do that because it gave away the element of surprise, but she felt compelled to do it.

"Soooooollaaaarrrrrrrrr BEAM!" she yelled as she released the pent up energy and put as much force behind it as she could.

Gordo turned around in time to see what must have been the light of heaven itself. Then he exploded as the super charged Solar Beam hit him in the face from only six feet away. The detonation of the attack when it hit its target sent out a shockwave that knocked the other battlers nearby to the ground. The Snorlax was still standing, but he was also unconscious with his mouth slack jawed and his eyes while open were swirling.

Simon reached up and poked Gordo's belly with a claw, and the bigger pokemon promptly fell over. Simon stood up and looked at the fallen Mon. "My rival defeated by a single attack from my teammate." He threw an arm around her in a bro-hug. "I knew you had it in you! Just as I knew we would be the closest of friends from the day we first worked together!"

Rouge blushed again, and tried to push him away. "Um, back to the battle." she said as enthusiastically as possible. His answer was a hearty yes.

Once again the battle royal continued. While those on the ground recovered from the blast a Hawlucha and a Farfetch'd took their aerial battle to the ground.

Pancha ran towards the other Flying type and kicked off of the ground with her left foot to deliver a knee first High Jump Kick to the other bird's face. Rey blocked her kick with his left wing, and smacked her away with a blow from his leek. Pancha kicked off from the ground before she had even fully landed, leaped over her opponent, somersaulted in mid air, and kicked him in the back with both feet. Rey landed on his chest and rolled over just in time to avoid Pancha's next attack, and they both jumped away.

They faced each other again and waited for the right moment to attack. Weiss and Joker brought their fight around them at that moment, and Joker was swinging a cowbell on a rope as a weapon. Weiss grabbed the bell and smacked Joker on the head with it twice.

Ding! Ding!

The two Flying types rushed into battle. Rey swept his leek at Pancha's legs with a Fury Cutter. Pancha jumped and raised her right wing, her hand lit up with power and she brought it down on his head. His resistance to Fighting type attacks prevented the Karate Chop from doing any significant damage, and he used his leek to Cut her. Pancha had dodged fast enough to avoid the Cut's power, but the edge of the attack had still caught her leg and drew a small bit of blood. She picked up a small rock and threw it at his face, when he ducked it he left himself open to a punch to the gut. When he bent over she hooked her left arm around his and her right under his body, then she lifted him upside down and jumped. Pancha had Rey set to land head first when they landed, but he flapped his wings and kept them in the air long enough to start a Brave Bird attack. Before Pancha could escape Rey grabbed her around the waist and held her tight as they crashed to the ground.

When the dust cleared Rey was standing up, and got kicked in the face by a yellow clawed foot. Pancha grabbed him around the neck with a headlock and dragged him along as she ran up a tree. When she got to the top she leaped and threw him down to the ground with a Sky Drop, spread her wings and used her momentum to glide back up to the top of another tree. Before Rey could recover Pancha began snapping off small sticks, then used them for a barrage of Fling attacks.

Rey was pinned to the ground by dozens of sticks and Pancha had an opening. She back flipped over the top of the tree, landed on one of the branches, and used it to springboard high up into the air. When she reached the highest point she could and began to fall Pancha angled her wings in a way that would accelerate her by spinning her body like a bullet. The grin on her face at this moment would rival Joker's. As she descended from the sky a spiral contrail formed and followed her.

Rey opened his eyes and saw a red, green, and white object approaching him. When he tried to move the sticks dug into his skin. He struggled more when he could hear the whistling of the air as it passed over her form. He broke one wing free ...and Pancha hit her attack with perfect aim.

The resulting impact crator had a spiral impression carved into it, was about ten feet wide, two feet deep, and had two immobile forms at the center. Pancha's enhanced version of the Flying Press, the Corkscrew Flying Press left her with confusion, but it was a one hit knockout for most of the weaker pokemon. She rested with her right wing draped over Rey's body, and her beak close enough to nuzzle him if she wanted to.

"...Sexy hombre..." she said in her confusion. If she actually meant that or if she was too confused to know what she was saying is up for debate.

Three others had moved their fight off of the road and into the trees. Edge, the huge bat like Noivern swooped in low to blast the area with powerful sound waves as her teammate Scylla the Gyarados shot multiple Dragon Rage attacks at the enemy. The large Venusaur used his vines to block the attacks as much as possible, and swept the area with a Poison Powder before he pulled a boulder out of the ground with his vines tried to slam his opponents with it. Edge dodged and put some distance between her and the improvised Rock attack, Scylla took the boulder head on and Crunched it in her mighty jaws turning it into pebbles. The two Checkmates moved in for close quarters combat and attacked with claws, jaws, and pythonic coils.

Breasal was a strong Grass type, in fact most thought he was the strongest Grass type in the world. But as he found himself caught between two equally strong Flying types Breasal decided to step it up a dozen notches or so. With Scylla wrapped around him her jaws clamped onto his back, and Edge clawing at his flower he combined his two most powerful attacks. Outrage and Plant Frenzy. His eyes flashed a brilliant angry red and he gripped both of the females in his vines, and as dozens of trees suddenly grew and thrashed about he swung them around smashing them into the plants as they were actively attacked by the trees.

The rest of both Checkmate and Royal Flush gave that part of the surrounding forest a very wide safety range as it was being completely demolished by the three pokemon. If the wordless roars that could be heard coming from the woods were any indication of what was happening, not to mention the occasional full grown tree that was uprooted and thrown into the air, then it would be suicide for the three monsters to be interrupted.

Roll threw a left jab Saraid, but missed. After the Breloom dodged the Fire Punch she caught the Lopunny with a right hook to the kidney. Roll dropped her left arm down around the mushroom cap that made up the top of Saraid's head and held her tight as she hit her with multiple Fire Punch body shots. She would have continued if the poison in her system hadn't chosen that moment to fill her body with pain. Saraid broke loose and swung her head up to hit a Headbutt that sent Roll stumbling back. Roll came back at Saraid with another flaming fist, but a second spasm of pain tripped her up, and the Breloom hit her in the stomach with a Dynamic Punch while she was doubled over, and sent her flying up into lower orbit.

Saraid watched as her rival was about to disappear in a twinkle of light. But she was interrupted by a flying Whimsicott crashing into the tree to her left. Iosac was lodged upside down into the trunk of the tree with his eyes rolling around in unconsciousness. Saraid looked over her shoulder, and sweatdropped. Behind her stood Shredder who's eyes were two cold angry orbs. The Bisharp raised her sword and the Breloom sweatdropped even more.

A badly burned Breloom was soon seen running at full speed in an effort to escape the very angry Bisharp. Shredder had apparently raised her strength with Swords Dance so much to the point that she overpowered the effects of Cotton Spore and could almost keep up with the faster pokemon.

Through all of this Gene, Belle, and Scootaloo had stood there and just watched as the mercenaries, both the ones protecting them and the ones trying to kill Gene, all seemingly forgot that they were there. Gene scratched his head under his wizard's hat.

"Umm, not that I'm complaining, but shouldn't they at least be trying to catch me or something?" he asked nobody in particular.

They watched as Weiss grabbed Joker in a headlock and started punching the top of his head. Joker just stood there for a minute and let himself get punched, each punch to his head was accompanied by him saying "Ouch." Joker then slipped his right foot between the other man's legs and shifted his body, sending Weiss tripping over to the ground. Joker backed up and got a running start before he jumped and yelled "Elbow drop!" as he fell elbow first across Weiss's upper chest.

"It's called a distraction." the Audino named Doc said as she pushed him away from the battle. "Most of these idiots can't resist fighting each other whenever they meet. So move it while they don't care."

"Now that's not very nice of ye Doc." said someone with an Irish accent. "Not all of us in Royal Flush are so silly and foolish. Checkmate on the other hand..."

Doc glanced at the speaker, Riona the Gogoat and queen of team Clover in Royal Flush. With her were Inge the Porygon Z ace of Heart, Monarca the Miltank queen of Heart, as well as the king and queen of Diamond Saturn the Beyheeyem and Neptune the Starmie.

"I don't know if ye have noticed or not Doc, but you are a wee bit outnumbered." Riona said with a smirk.

"I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I can teleport." Belle deadpanned.

"Oh we know senorita." the older Miltank said. "We are just waiting for a good opportunity to take out two Tailows with one stone."

Xavier crashed down between the two groups. "The Gravity wore off, so I am now free to-" he stopped mid sentence as the Stamie spun its body to fly away.

"Thanks for being so helpful Xavier." Saturn said, and the Beyheeyem unleashed his Psychic powers. "Synchronize!" Psychic energy danced across the bodies of Belle and Xavier as the attack targeted their Psychic typing. The Beyheeyem then teleported directly in front of the Gardevoir and used another move. "Imprison."

Belle's eyes shot open and she tried, she tried, and she tried. "I can't teleport!"

"Perfect." said the Beyheeyem. He then sent her and Scootaloo away gently with his Psychic, he knew what Joker would do to him if he hurt a child even by accident so he took extra care when set Scootaloo down. He turned back to the job at hand. "Now where were we."

He was face to face with a Houndoom.

"Fang, Bite!" Gene grabbed two more of his pokeballs and called out more of his family. "River, Webber, make a storm!"

The Houndoom lunged with an open maw of vicious fangs, passed through the useless Psychic barrier that the panicking Psychic type had placed, and bit down on nothing as Saturn teleported away. River flew up into the sky and did a Rain Dance, and as the water fell the pokemon of Royal Flush looked blankly at the Electric pokemon. Webber's arachnid body sparked briefly.

"Well this will hurt." Riona said.

"Electro Web, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt!"


Fourth wall.

Joker sat in a high backed chair. He was wearing a set of expensive black and red silk robes and pajamas. He sat with his legs crossed and held a tea cup in his hands.

"Hello everyone reading at home. I'm Joker, your favorite fourth wall character,and I'm here to give you a message on behalf of the writer. You see, because of the excessive amount of Electric type attacks seen in the Pokemon anime the writer has decided to not bother with describing the effects of being hit with them at this time. If you would like to see what it would look like then feel free to watch this video." he sipped his tea. "Enjoy."

"Oh, and for an erection lasting more than four hours, pat yourself on the back." he uncrossed his legs to reveal a video link. "You know you want to click it."


Riona recovered from the shock of the Electric attacks first thanks to her Grass typing. The Gogoat charged the Galvantula with her Horn Leech. Her horns are straighter than those of most Gogoats so she was able to run them underneath Webber and forklift the Bug over her. The Horn Leech recovered some health for her, and as Webber fell she bucked both of her hind hooves into his back.

Webber fell in a heap. He was pretty sure that kick had been some kind of Fighting type move. He climbed to his feet and was met with an emotionless faceless enemy. He shocked it but the Starmie was unfazed.

"I Camouflaged myself to gain immunity to electricity. If I cared I would advise you to use Bug type attacks, but since it was my Psychic typing that I replaced it would not have much effect." the Starmie warned him. He was then trapped by Webber's Spiderweb. "Really? Spiderweb? My kind's signature move frees me from this."

Webber would have facepalmed if he had had the time, or a palm, but instead he fired more Spiderwebs while he used Agility. It's not his normal style, but when the opponent is immune to your best attacks you tend to improvise.

Neptune escaped from the web with a Rapid Spin, and continued the move to make all of Webber's webs useless. If someone else didn't step in then Webber was finished.

"Willow Wisp!"

Several small blue balls of fire collided with the Starmie. He was thrown off balance by his new burns before he could reach Webber. When he righted himself Neptune could hear the laughter of a taunting Ghost. "Show yourself you insufferable intangible specter so I can Hydropump you!"

In answer he received another set of Willow Wisps to his back. And he heard more laughter as he turned around to strike at the vanishing Mismagius, only to get a Blizzard from River. It hurt quite a bit since he didn't have his normal resistance to Ice.

Fang leaped over Webber and charged with a Fire Fang. The Starmie didn't bother to dodge, but was surprised when the Houndoom jumped over him as well. Fang landed behind his target turned and slammed his horns into Neptune's back sending him flying right into Xavier's Meteor Mash.

"That was highly satisfying." the Metagross commented.

A stream of flames flowed over Xavier's metal body. He deflected the Flamethrower with his Psychic before it could do any significant damage. He tore up a chunk of earth with his claw and used his Psychic powers to improvise a Mud Shot, getting a direct hit in the face of the Porygon Z.

Inge ignored the hit and fired a Tri Attack, hitting Xavier with the Ice and Electric beams, but missed with the Fire beam. Xavier tried to get into Inge's head, but she had used her Conversion moves to become a Dark type. Before Xavier could move Inge shot him in the face with a Dark Pulse.

"Superpower!" a green clawed hand grabbed the Porygon Z and slammed it repeatedly into the ground. Xavier gave a nod of thanks to the Flygon. As Draco flew off to seek out the next enemy that he had an advantage over Xavier hit Inge with a Meteor Mash.

Xavier spotted Doc fighting off Monarca as the Miltank was trying to reach Gene. He was about to put a stop to it when he realized a problem. He had been shut out from his teammates minds. He knew that it would take a powerful Psychic to do that, or several strong ones. A quick look around and Xavier could see that the Psychics of Royal Flush had formed a four point Psychic trap to lock down any pure psychic powers that were not actual moves. It was an annoying tactic, but Xavier could appreciate its effectiveness.

Belle ran up to the Metagross with Scootaloo held protectively to her chest. "Something's wrong. I can't use my powers." she told him.

"Do you know Shadow Ball?"

"Yes."

"Put the young one down and aim where I indicate." he told her and pointed a claw at the top of a tree where Helios was hovering. Belle did as he said, put Scootaloo down between two of his big metal legs, and aimed a Shadow Ball at the Solrock. She let the ghostly energy fly, and grinned as it exploded in the enemy's face. Xavier pointed another claw at Selene who was between the battle inside of the trap and the one outside of it. Belle sent another Shadow Ball directly into the left eye of the Lunatone. Another claw pointed at Saturn, and the Beheeyem was knocked away in an explosion of ghostly shadows. The Starmie however simply let the attack hit, and nothing happened.

"Other than to avoid damage from a Ghost attack why take on Normal typing?" Xavier asked in mild confusion as he could not find any advantage.

"Just something I discovered." Neptune hinted.

The Starmie began another Rapid Spin and hovered up above the ground, above the trees, and unleashed a Hydropump. As the powerful torrent of water came down it began to rotate with the Rapid Spin, and became a storm of water and wind. Neptune increased his power output and the vortex became a charybdis, an inescapable whirlpool that drew its prey into it. Fang, River, Webber, Draco, Doc, and even a few of the surrounding mercenaries were drawn into it, before Neptune flipped over to reverse the direction of his Rapid Spin without losing any momentum and threw them out of the vortex.

Neptune fell to the ground in exhaustion. He lay there unable to move after using up the rest of his energy surrounded by the others who had passed out. Gene aimed his pokeballs and recalled his family. Doc stood up and kicked the Starmie before healing herself. And a Miltank did a Rollout attack to everyone that was standing.

Monarca stopped rolling and checked her targets. She had been extra careful to not hit the little orange Ponyta. Joker would definitely not be happy with her if she did, she wouldn't be happy about it either, but Joker is crazy and likes kids. Taking the opportunity while her targets were recovering Monarca revived her teammates with Heal Bell and Helping Hand.

"Body Slam!" Monarca's Normal type attack didn't do much damage to Xavier because of his Steel typing, but the move used left him paralyzed. Neptune followed up with another Gravity to lock him down from levitation. Helios then trapped him with a Fire Spin. And finally Saturn started slamming repeated Shadow Balls into him.

"Willow Wisp!" Mage had avoided any harm from the Charybdis attack by phasing out of the physical realm. Now she hit every possible target with the floating balls of fire as she phased in and out of site. When they were all burned she hit them with a Hex.

"Wake Up Slap!" Mage turned to look incredulously at the Miltank who was attacking her, a Ghost, with a Fighting type attack. Unfortunately for her the hit landed and both of her cheeks were slapped repeatedly.

"Ah! What the hell!?" Mage yelled.

Monarca jumped at her and delivered a Body Slam to paralyze her. "I'm a Scrappy old cow." she said in answer to the question of how her Normal moves were working on a Ghost.

"I hate that ability." Mage deadpanned. "Mystical Fire!" The area surrounding the two pokemon was engulfed by a blazing inferno that seriously hurt Monarca, but drained Mage's energy. She sighed as the flames held and continued to burn.

The flames dispersed and died down. Monarca used Heal Bell on herself as she jumped for yet another Body Slam. The impact fully paralyzed Mage and she struggled to move as Monarca stepped back and began charging her energy for a Hyper Beam. And then a Lopunny fell out of the sky, Bounced off of Monarca pushing her down onto her chest, and went to town on the other members of Royal Flush.

Monarca's Hyper Beam activated and exploded against the ground sending her flying up into the air. She didn't get as much height as Roll had, but she had no moves to save her from the return to earth.

Across the battlefield Joker and Weiss were still going at it, but being humans they were nearing the end of their endurance. Weiss drove his right elbow into Joker's shoulder after he twisted his left arm behind his back. Joker flipped over onto his back and swung his left leg up to kick Weiss in the chest. Weiss caught the leg and rolled Joker onto his stomach before trapping him in a submission hold. Weiss was trying to break Joker's ankle by twisting it between his arms, but suddenly the shoe was empty and he stumbled back. Joker rolled backwards, flipped up to land sitting on Weiss' shoulders, spun around to face the opposite direction as Weiss, and back flipped with enough force to throw him several feet.

"Woo hoo hoo!" Joker took a minute to catch his breath. "This is the most fun I've had in months. Weiss we have to try to kill each other more often."

"Killing isn't my idea of a fun time ass hole." Weiss stood up and rolled his neck to pop some of the kinks out. "I'm not a sociopath like you."

"If you insist on calling me crazy, at least call me the proper kind of crazy." Joker pulled out an official looking paper and read it aloud. "Subject displays traits of narcissistic personality disorder, sociopathic tendencies, dementia, possible nymphomania, obsessive compulsive tendencies leaning towards violence, obsessive compulsive tendencies leaning towards comedy, dissociative reality disorder, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder." he put the paper away.

"So you're a self absorbed perverted nut job who is obsessed with cartoon violence believes he can see other realities and can't sit still for longer than five minutes." Weiss deadpanned. "I could have told you that for free."

"Well I didn't have to pay the doctors anyway because they all kind of went bonkers after diagnosing me." Joker smiled. Somehow everyone managed to hear that, and they stopped fighting to stare at him.

"...you drove your doctors crazy?" Weiss asked.

"Yep!" Joker smiled and gave everyone a thumbs up. Everyone sweatdropped, Joker's pokemon included.

"Well...that's something I didn't, and wish I still didn't know about you." Weiss pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation. "Okay look, you have us outnumbered right now, but my guys are better and you know it. So how about you walk away before someone actually does get killed?"

"Better idea." Joker held a megaphone up and spoke into it. "SHUFFLE THE DECK!"

"You jackass!" Weiss had enough time to shout before all of Royal Flush suddenly exploded into action.

The next couple of minutes was complete random chaos. Attacks were thrown at random with no planning on who they would hit. Enemies and allies were grabbed and tossed at each other. Electric attacks were intentionally used on Ground types. At one point Pancha, Rouge, and Titania were all trapped inside several floating bubbles.

Scootaloo somehow found herself out of reach of the ...battle?...with a bowl of popcorn and a soft cushion to sit on. From her perspective it looked like Discord himself had set it all up.


Discord lay in a hammock strung between two active volcanoes with a pair of sunglasses on upside down, and a coconut filled with chocolate milk in his lion paw. He sat up so suddenly that his sunglasses flew off and his chocolate milk fell out of its coconut.

"Why do I feel as if I'm in two places at once?" he asked and shifted his eyes back and forth.


Weiss fell back after getting kicked in the gut by Roll. She started to apologize, but was snatched up by a Vine Whip and spun around a few times before being sent flying. Weiss held back several cuss words as he climbed back to his feet. He looked into the chaos, and saw Joker drawing his guns.

"Damn it Joker!" Xavier picked up the mental image from Weiss and manipulated the electromagnetic field around the bodies of his teammates to deflect projectiles. He extended the same protection to Gene and Belle. "If you-

Joker held his right gun straight out to the side and the left gun up pointing back over his shoulder. BANG! BANG! He spun and dropped to his knees with his arms crossed and the revolvers pointing out to each side. BANG! BANG! He stood up on one leg and pointed one gun under the raised one and the other behind his back. BANG! BANG! He back flipped and fired once while he was upside down and once after he landed, both guns pointing in front of him the entire time. BANG! BANG! He held his arms crossed straight in front of him with the guns held gangster style. BANG! BANG! He turned while aiming the right gun at random. BANG! And flipped the weapon in his hand to swing it into Weiss' jaw just as the man reached him.

The bullets had each hit their marks, the heads of Shredder, Pancha, Roll, Edge, Scylla, Simon, Rouge, Gene, Belle, Titania, and Mage. But they were all deflected by Xavier's skilled use of his telekinetic abilities, with the exception of the one aimed at Mage which passed harmlessly through her. The momentary distraction caused by the bullets allowed for Royal Flush to jump on the other mercenaries and restrain them.

Joker tossed a random pokeball at Xavier as he walked towards Gene. The pokeball released a slightly larger red and white orb that rolled underneath Xavier.

"Go away scary people!" the Voltorb yelled. "Self Destruct!"

BOOM!

Xavier's big heavy body took most of the explosive force from the devastating attack. He didn't fully pass out from it but his multiple brains were stunned and his legs collapsed from under him. He watched as Joker walked towards Gene who had been separated from the rest of the crowd, and sent a warning to the only Checkmate that wasn't pinned to the ground by a cluster of Royal Flush pokemon and was actually in a position to do something.

Joker walked right up to Gene and poked the barrel of his gun against his head. "Nothing personal pal. You're just going to make me rich is all." Joker shrugged.

"Hey idiot!" Joker looked at the speaker. It was Doc, and she had a Focus Blast primed and ready. "You looked." And she thrust her palms out to blast him in the face.

With Joker distracted by pain and an involuntary back flip Belle was free to teleport in beside Gene and teleport him to safety on the other side of the crowd.

Doc saw that the human was safe for the time being, and moved to heal her Xavier. Only she had not even took a step before she was kicked in the head and sent flying. She tried to stand, but Joker pistol whipped her back to the ground. The Audino settled for kneeling on one knee and glaring up at him. Her glare relented in fear when he aimed his gun at her.

"You know Doc, I actually like you. Hell I even considered hiring you out from Weiss a few times... By which I mean kidnap you." he told her honestly and with a friendly smile as he kept the the revolver aimed at her head.

"Well I guess I'm flattered that an annoying psychopath thought that I was worth the trouble of abducting." she said sarcastically. "Oh, wait I'm not because I don't like you."

"See! That right there is why I like you." he smiled even wider at the older pokemon. "But I had that pokemon poker where I wanted him, and you just cost me a ten digit paycheck. So I have to shoot you now. No hard feelings right?" Joker pulled the trigger.

BANG!

It was only because of an orange and purple blur pushing Doc out of the way that he missed. The first thing Joker did was scream childishly and throw his empty gun. After that he noticed a small splatter of blood around the bullet hole in the ground. He shrugged.

"Well I winged you so I'll call it even." Joker told her before walking away.

"I can't feel my wings..."

"Eh?" Joker looked back at Doc, and saw her using a Heal Pulse on Scootaloo.

"...no...no...nononono!" Joker had just broken the one rule he enforced on himself and his teams. He had just done the thing that he would kill people who tried to hire him to do. He wanted to just collapse right there but maybe he could still make it better. He snapped out of it and gave instructions to his pokemon. "Monarca, Selene, Riona help Doc now!"

The three did as they were told along with the other Checkmates who could help. Doc applied another Heal Pulse, Monarca sang out with Heal Bell, Roll used a Healing Wish,and Rouge gave Scootaloo some Aromatherapy. The healing moves combined with Doc's medical training made short work of Scootaloo's injuries, though Doc still had to wrap Her wings in bandages and put medicine on them. It was over as fast as it had happened, and a Sleep Powder later had Scootaloo sleeping through the rest of the day.

Roll whipped around and roared in the faces of the Royal Flush members that had helped, and her eyes flashed red. The rest of Checkmate did the same and glared at their opposition so intensely that lasers and daggers might as well have been shooting from their eyes. Royal Flush at least had the decency to look ashamed of themselves, and a few actually pointed at Joker.

Weiss and Xavier both started sweating bullets. "Xavier didn't you say that the Gardevoir had adopted the kid?"

"Actually what I said was that she and the young one had imprinted on each other as mother and daughter. The key difference being that they shared their memories, and had strong enough emotional reactions to each other's lives that they bonded on a psychic level."

"Meaning?"

"That." Xavier shifted his body to let him see Belle more clearly. "...we should go."

"Why?" Weiss looked at her. "...yep!"

Flecks of blue light could be seen zipping through the air. From every direction they came, and collected in a single location. The amount of the lights increase as well as the speed untill the mercenary pokemon of both guilds stopped what they were doing. They followed the lights with their eyes, and sweatdropped when they saw it all surrounding Belle. The ambient Psychic energy in the air was gathered to her, and it flowed from her feet up to her head in a manner similar to fire. The Psychic flames danced across her body, flowing into and out of and into her again as her mortal form could not contain all of it at once.

Belle raised her head and gazed upon the mercenaries, and they all flinched away from the look in her eyes. It was not a look of vicious vengeance that could be seen on her face. Nor was her face the mask of a sadistic smile hiding barely contained anger. The Gardevoir had passed the point of rage. The look on her face was the look of pure unrestrained wrath that could put the fear of Arceus into her enemies.

But these were mercenaries, they would not back down just because someone was angry with them. They changed their minds about that after she screamed just four words at them.

YOU SHOT MY DAUGHTER! Her words carried power and shook the air and the ground.

The mercenaries all sweatdropped. The stories of how protective Gardevoirs are of their trainers and mates were well known, and so too were the stories of how far they could go for revenge. The only reason there were not such stories about their offspring is because nobody in recent times has been stupid enough to hurt the child while the parents still lived.

The Checkmates all carefully retreated, very quickly, and Roll held Scootaloo in her arms. Royal Flush stayed still for fear of being singled out by the extremely angry Gardevoir.

"Oh come on!" the Krookodile exclaimed. "She is only one Psychic against all of us! Let me Crunch la petite dame!" He rushed at her and opened his jaws.

Belle effortlessly flowed out of reach of his attack, and punched him on the chin. The Psychic energy being held within her took solid form around her arm and reinforced it, muscles and bones became as solid as iron. He flew up and back from the impact and landed next to his teammates, with a few missing teeth.

With a forced smile Joker called out to Belle. "So on a scale of one to ten, how much is this going to hurt?" His pokemon all yelled at him to shut up.

Belle erupted in a blast of fire as the psychic energy she had gathered ignited. But she was unharmed by the flames, and when they died down she was changed. Her body was now all white and glowing like a brilliant light. Her eyes burned a bright angry red like two coals in a fire. Her spikes were sheathed in strong hungry fire.

Author's Note:

My seasonal allergies kicked in recently and I feel like crap so don't expect my next update to be an epic.