• Published 31st Oct 2014
  • 3,449 Views, 192 Comments

Building a Better World: Origins - Cookie_Girl



when their world is on the brink of armageddon the peoples of Equus are moved to Earth

  • ...
15
 192
 3,449

Make it double part 1

Diving down from the sky at nearly mach one Rainbow Dash looked like little more than a simple rainbow. The force of her strike when she turned around and bucked both hind hooves into the nose of the hovercraft said differently.

Butch and Cassidy had no idea what hit them. There was a loud impact followed immediately by their hovercraft tilting forward, and driving nose first into the ground.

The holding sphere that the crusaders were trapped in was catapulted off of the back of the craft. The three fillies screamed as they sailed through the air. Rainbow Dash sped after them and caught the sphere, and streaked back to the ground where she skidded to a halt.

"Are you three okay?" Rainbow Dash asked them as she started poking the sphere with a hoof.

"We are now, but those people were trying to foalnap us." Scootaloo told her. Rainbow Dash grit her teeth and growled.

In the hovercraft Butch and Cassidy recovered from the short trip, and raised the vehicle up off the ground. Cassidy saw the bigger pokemon trying to break the other three out of the sphere. "Not happening." she said, and then pressed some buttons which activated the weapon systems.

A panel opened up on the side of the hovercraft, and a small rocket launcher moved into place. Butch adjusted the trajectory, and aimed the rocket, and Cassidy fired the weapon.

Rainbow Dash heard the rocket take off before the girls had fully registered the threat and started yelling. She looked back in time to see the rocket already less than ten yards away. Without speaking or thinking she pushed the sphere sending the crusaders rolling one way, and then jumped as hard and fast as she could.

The rocket was actually just a low grade concussive bomb that would just knock you down and leave you stunned. It detonated so close to them however that they were all sent flying, and crashing along the ground.

Rainbow Dash slowly climbed to her hooves, and tried to steady herself as her body felt the aftereffects of the explosion. Her ears were ringing, her vision was blurry, and her head was killing her. As her vision began to clear she looked around for the girls. She found the remains of the glass sphere where it had broken against a tree. The crusaders looked mostly okay except for scrapes and bruises. Applebloom would need a new bow, and Sweetie Belle seriously needed her mane restyled, but they were both fine. Scootaloo gingerly touched her muzzle, and winced as the small cut on her nose bled and throbbed with pain.

Rainbow Dash's nostrils flared with anger. Her new pokemon DNA responded to her emotions causing electricity to shoot from her mane and tail. She looked to the ones responsible for the attack, and readied for a charge.

Inside the hovercraft Butch and Cassidy slightly sweat dropped. "The big one is glaring at us." Cassidy said.

"You don't think it can break in do you?" Butch asked.

Cassidy laughed. "Please, this thing is impervious. It's like a tank on air. Even the,glass is shatter proof."

Rainbow Dash burst into motion, her body shrouded itself in electrical energy, and in less than a second she slammed her front hooves into the metal armor of the hovercraft.

Butch and Cassidy shook uncontrollably as the electricity shot through them. "Buuut weee forrrgooot tooo turrrn ooon the ennnergyyy shiiield!" they both yelled.

The hovercraft was pushed back several feet by her Volt Tackle, and was left with char marks from the electricity. Rainbow' Dash looped around back from rebounding off of the vehicle's nose, aimed her next attack at the windshield. She timed her Comet Punches with her words as she yelled. "Don't ever touch my sister!" With each word she landed five punches.

Scootaloo heard this, and it made her so happy to hear Rainbow call her her sister that when she smiled she squeaked.

Being hit at rocket speed twenty-five times in the time it took to speak five words the shatterproof glass shattered from the vibrations. Glass shards exploded into the the cockpit. The glass went everywhere, it got into the controls, and into their suits and hair. Luckily for Butch and Cassidy the pieces that hit them were too small to do anything more than give them mild scratches.

Rainbow Dash flew back to the crusaders, and pulled Scootaloo into hug. "Are you okay Scoots?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." Scootaloo returned the hug, and finally felt like she had a family.

"Miss Rainbow Dash..." Sweetie Belle started to say something, but trailed off.

Rainbow looked at her, and saw that both Sweetie and Applebloom were backing slowly away from her. They were staring at something behind her, their eyes gone wide. She looked back herself, and saw why, though she wasn't scared she understood why the girls were.

Cassidy was glaring at them with eyes filled with fury, and tiny drips of blood starting to flow from the scratches on her face. "You ruined my face!" she screamed. "You're going to regret that! Butch, activate mechanization!"

"With pleasure." Butch flipped several switches, and then pushed a button labelled MECHA.

Rainbow Dash decided that being a little afraid might not be so bad. The hovercraft came apart like a puzzle, and reshaped into a robot that stood as tall as the trees.


Twilight Sparkle teleported onto the scene with Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy. They saw the crusaders being 'helpful' by distracting the robot with insults, taunts, and thrown rocks. They saw the giant robot try to grab them only to get bucked by Rainbow Dash.

"I said get out of here!" Rainbow Dash yelled at the fillies.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight yelled.

Rainbow Dash looked away from the robot as she heard her friend shout. Butch and Cassidy swung a massive metal fist at the pegasus, and connected with a lucky punch. A blue streak shot through the sky as Rainbow Dash was knocked away. The others gasped in shock.

"Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo screamed, and ran after her surrogate big sister.

"Not so fast!" Cassidy called out. She slammed the controls, and the mech gave chase after the small pegasus. It was too fast and caught up to her, and made to grab her. But its hand hit an invisible shield. "What?!" Cassidy looked around and saw the source of the problem. "The purple one! Butch, target it."

"On it." Butch controlled the weapons, and turned the left arm of the mech to aim its rocket launchers at the group of new pokemon.

"Gah!" Twilight made a protective shield as fast as she could. Just in time to keep them all safe from the barrage of explosives. The strain was obvious on her face as multiple rockets continuously detonated against the force field.

Scootaloo ran as fast as she could to try and get to the cover of the trees.

"Stupid little beast!" Cassidy screamed in frustration and gave chase once more. The mech caught up just as fast as before, but this time nothing stopped its robotic hand from slamming into the ground around Scootaloo.

Everything stopped. The rockets stopped firing. Twilight dropped her shield. The ponies stared at the mechanical hand.

"Ha!" Cassidy fist pumped and pushed a button on her console. A sound like a vacuum sucking up dirt came from the arm, and then Scootaloo popped up in another glass sphere on the shoulder of the robot.

"Uh... I'm okay apparently." she told everyone.

All the other ponies sighed in relief.

"Lets get out of here while we're ahead." Butch grumbled. He was about to convert the robot back to hovercraft mode when he noticed Cassidy staring at something in the sky. He looked too, and sweatdropped.

In the sky was a spark of rainbow colored light that was getting bigger and brighter by the second. The two humans kept watching it. The spark grew even brighter as it got closer. In the center of the rainbow light a shape could be seen. Cassidy had a suspicion that she hoped she was wrong about. Flipping a switch the woman activated a view screen that slid down in front of her and Butch to amplify what they could see.

Rainbow Dash was at the center of the spark, her mane lit up with electricity that was shaded by a blue energy, her pupils contracted to leave her eyes mostly red from her irises, and a mach cone of pure multicolored energy surrounded her as she dived at the humans.

Needless to say Butch and Cassidy freaked. "AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!" they both screamed in terror. They both started pushing buttons, filpping switches, anything else that would fire weapons. Rockets, lasers, electrified nets, and multiple types of darts all flew at the very angry pegasus.

Rainbow Dash saw the projectiles from over a mile away and pulled a maneuver to loop past them. To anyone else it would look like she had vanished and reappeared behind the barrage of weapon's fire. She then accelerated like she had reached a higher gear, and if anyone could see her wings clearly, they would see them moving so fast that miniature shockwaves were being generated by her Extreme Speed.

Butch and Cassidy hugged each other as they screamed. "AAAAHHHH!"

Rainbow Dash plowed into the robot's upper body, piercing through its armored shell like it was cardboard and...

BOOOOOOOOMMMM


Hours later after receiving such a large power boost from the Jenny's, and leaving both them and their pokemon with swirling eyes, Belle had decided to be a little romantic. She took Gene in her Psychic power, and levitated both of them high up over the treetops. And they flew over the forests of Kanto while holding each other's hands.

They performed several midair flips and rolls and loops. They pulled each other into a close embrace, and kissed.

Which is why neither of them noticed a small adorable orange projectile before it hit them. It slammed into Gene's back knocking him into Belle causing her to be pushed away from him and lose concentration. Belle released her Psychic, and everyone began to plummet to the ground.

While Gene was screaming he saw something out of the corner of his eye. A very small pokemon that looked like an orange ponyta with a purple tail and mane. It was unconscious. Knowing that the fall would most likely kill both of them, and that he would not be able to call out Draco in time Gene did the only thing he could think of. Swinging his body into a sideways roll Gene was able to get within range of the little pokemon, grabbed it, and rolled over with his back to the ground with the little one held to his chest.

Gene closed his eyes, and waited.

He waited some more. Then he noticed that he was no longer falling. Gene opened his eyes to find an angel smiling down at him.

"You know you're really sexy when you're being heroic." Belle told him. She then lowered everyone to the ground safely.

"Umm, ow." the little pokemon groaned as it started to wake up.

After lowering them to the ground Belle took the little one from Gene. She then knelt down and gently placed her burden on the ground with the head in her lap.

"Does it need a heal potion?" Gene asked.

"Probably, but let me see something first." Belle told him.

Belle placed her hands on either side of the little one's head, and her eyes glew slightly. Starting as far back as the memories would go Belle saw everything. Scootaloo as a baby foal in Cloudsdale with her parents, though she didn't remember them in detail she definitely remembered her mother having an black mane and yellow coat. A malfunction at the weather factory caused a storm that blew Scootaloo from her home, and Scootaloo then desperately trying to fly but hitting a tree back first hurting her wings. Being put in an orphanage.

Belle teared up a little at the memories. But she continued on.

Scootaloo seeing Rainbow Dash do stunts for the first time. Meeting her friends and starting their club. Trying, and failing to pretend that she was not scared whenever it was dark or storming.

Belle smiled at Scootaloo's happy life.

Then came Tirek. Belle saw how the demon looked to Scootaloo and almost flinched away from her in fear. She saw the sky begin to fade into an enormous storm. She saw the land crack open, and smelled the sulfur of burning magma. Then she saw them. Scootaloo had witnessed the Legendaries saving her people from extinction.

"Arceus!" Belle gasped aloud.

"What's wrong!?" Gene asked her.

Rather than tell him Belle showed him. Gene gulped when he realized that a very small, vulnerable, and possibly injured someone who basically had the god of pokemon as a protector was now in his care. It was a very intimidating thought.

"What do we do now?" he asked Belle.

"She'll wake up soon." Belle thought for a moment. "I'm going to share my memories with her so when she's awake she won't completely freak out."

Belle showed Scootaloo when she had first met Gene, him rescuing her from a Hypno and her becoming his Pokemon, the day of their seven year anniversary when they proclaimed their feelings of love together, the day they met Cynthia, Iris, and Shauntal and the time they spent with them, the wedding the rangers interrupted, and the conclusion that Gene's mom turned them in.

Scootaloo repeatedly opened and closed her eyes. She lay there with her head in Belle's lap and stared blankly up at her. "... How do I know you again?" she asked.

"You crashed into us. Are you okay?" Belle said before she started using her psychic senses to check Scootaloo for injuries. Nothing serious, just some muscle fatigue in her wings from trying to fly while she was rocketing through the sky.

"Yeah I'm okay." she sat up and looked at Gene. "Did you really scream like a little girl when Belle first talked to you with her mind?"

"Did you really have to show her that?" Gene complained. Belle answered with a giggle.

"Do either of you know where my friends are?" Scootaloo asked.

"Sorry, but you were unconscious for your trip just now so I couldn't see which way you actually came from." Belle told her.

"Oh..." Scootaloo hung her head and sighed.

"Hey, you can stay with us for now, and we'll help you look for them." Gene offered.

"Uh, thanks, but I only just met you and-

The sky had been getting darker as a storm moved slowly in. Somehow the storm suddenly sped up and let loose a crack of thunder directly over them.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea." Scootaloo said from underneath Belle's gown.

Far up above standing on the clouds was a being whose body was comprised of parts from multiple animals. He tapped his one cloven hoof on the storm cloud he stood upon and hummed in thought.

"The weather here is over sensitive to chaos." he said.

He wiggled the toes of his lizard foot and a spark of electricity shot through the clouds. A moment later and the dark clouds burst into a full blown rain storm. Discord sighed in mild disappointment.

"I don't want to offend Arceus by sending his world into a storm of chaos and destruction." Discord said as he pulled off his goat beard in thought. "Except as a joke of course. I'll just take a vacation then." A second beard then grew back in place of the first one, and the other turned into an umbrella which he used to float away.

Gene was able to find an abandoned house that they were able to take shelter in. He decided to let everyone out of their pokeballs. "Everyone, this is Scootaloo." he told them.

Scootaloo looked at the new pokemon and recognised them from Belle's memories. Fang the Houndoom was impressive and cool. Draco the Flygon was a Dragon so he was automatically cool. Mage the Mismagius was a ghost so she was scary but still cool. River the Dragonair was less impressive to Scootaloo, and for some reason was twitching as she looked at the pegasus. Scootaloo finally turned to look at Webber and-

"Ahhh! Giant spider!" Scootaloo screamed and ran away from him, and straight into River's coils.

"Oh my gosh you're so adorable!" exclaimed River as she couldn't resist any longer and wrapped the little pegasus up in a snakey hug.

"I am not adorable." Scootaloo grumbled from within the inescapable hug.


Late afternoon on one of many dirt roads that run through the Kanto region between small towns walked Gene, Belle, and Scootaloo. The rain had not been too bad, but it had left lots of puddles which the young pegasus filly was only too happy to splash in.

It was an incredibly normal, peaceful, and beautiful day. The sun was shining through wispy clouds, the wind was little more than a gentle breeze, and various Flying and Bug pokemon could be seen moving through the trees in the distance.

"You know," Gene spoke up "if this were a movie, or a book then right about now would be when something dramatic suddenly happens."

Belle looked ahead and deadpanned. "You just had to say something didn't you." She pointed at the figure that was now standing in the middle of the road.

It was a female lopunny. She was quite a lovely one too, far more beautiful than most of her kind. She simply stood there, and waited for them to approach. Gene and Belle not wanting to be rude walked closer, and finally stopped a few feet away.

"Um, hello. Can we get by please?" Gene politely asked. They could have just walked around, but the lopunny was literally standing in the middle of the road with two large mud puddles on either side of her.

The lopunny crossed her arms and smirked. "Sorry handsome, but I can't do that."

Belle scanned the lopunny's mind, and immediately went on guard. The lopunny had her mind shielded by a much stronger Psychic than her. "Stay away from my mate." Belle said.

The lopunny blinked. Then she clutched her stomach as she started laughing. "No haha no need to haha hehehe w worry princess." she stopped to catch her breath. "Trust me he is definitely not my type."

Belle relaxed slightly, but stepped closer to Gene. Scootaloo was hiding behind Gene's legs, and trying not to be seen. Gene was just feeling a little insulted because of the definitely.

"Yeah I wouldn't touch him with a twenty foot pole." she gave them a cocky grin.


"You sure?" Weiss asked after Xavier told him the news. "Alright then. Shredder, Greninja, you two go on ahead and break up the fight that Roll just started."

"What has she done this time?" Shredder asked.

"Xavier didn't say." Weiss said. "Though he did seem slightly amused by something."

Xavier being amused by something was enough to make them all pause. After a moment the ninja and the sword blade pokemon hurried on ahead.


After they travelled the last five miles between their team and the target they slowed down to a jog so they would not startle anyone. They exited the trees to stand beside the muddy road to find a very unexpected sight.

In the middle of the muddy road a lopunny was grappling with a gardevoir. They were both covered in mud and their limbs kept slipping and sliding all over each other as they each tried to get a grip on the other's body. The gardevoir managed to get her legs up between her and the lopunny on top of her, and kicked several times. The Psychic's legs didn't have enough strength to do any actual damage, but she did pump her thighs quite a few times, driving her feet into the lopunny's stomach with each thrust. The lopunny stumbled back and slipped in the mud and fell on her butt. Getting a paw full of mud the lopunny flung it at the other pokemon's eyes. The gardevoir caught it in her Psychic power and sent it right back at her opponent's eyes.

Roll rolled back in a reverse somersault and then leaped forward to deliver a Rolling Kick, only to remember that she was supposed to protect her target not break her. She pulled back her attack. Belle took advantage of the hesitation to teleport just behind the lopunny as she landed, and reached back over her head to grab the big fluffy ears. Roll's eyes went wide as she was jerked up and flipped over backwards to land face first in the mud.

Belle still held the ears as she raised one foot to either kick or stomp, but Roll pushed herself onto her hands and kicked her feet forward to send herself sliding underneath Belle between her legs. The lopunny came out the other side of Belle's gown with a grin and a blush.

Off balance and being pulled forward Belle flipped over into the mud herself. Roll kicked herself up, and flipped backwards to come down on top of Belle.

Roll pinned Belle's arms to the ground with her hands, and sat on her lap with her steel hard thighs clamped to the gardevoir's sides.

She leaned in close face to face and said "Pinned ya!" with a very confident smile across her muzzle.

Belle looked into Roll's eyes for a moment. Then her eyes glew blue and mud erupted around them. When the splashing stopped Roll found herself alone sitting in a puddle and covered in mud.

Greninja did not know what to do simply because of how absurd the situation was. Here was one of his teammates, a highly trained fighter that had once tiptoed her way through a minefield at nearly her top speed...having a catfight in the mud with another female probably over something that she herself had said.

Greninja reached over and tapped Shredder on the shoulder, and then pointed at the fighting females as if asking what they should do. When he got no response he looked to his left to find her completely still with her mouth gaped, her eyes bugged out, and a slight nose bleed. He waved a webbed three fingered hand in front of her face. No response.

The cat fight continued when Belle dropped out of the sky with an elbow drop. Roll collapsed under her but then reached over to pull Belle into a headlock. They then began wrestling with each other in the mud again.

"..." Greninja finally decided to put a stop to it.

In a flash of movement the ninja was standing over them as they continued to roll around in a tangled mass of muddy arms and legs. He raised his arms, and smacked them both on their heads.

"The hell was that for?" they both shouted at him once they were separated.

Greninja jabbed a finger at Roll, and then pointed at Shredder. Roll stomped over to her mate mumbling under her breath the whole way. He then bowed to Belle and silently asked her with a motion of his hand to follow him back to Gene. When he stopped in front of Gene he bowed once more and handed him a note.

The note read: Please forgive us. We are not here to fight you. Shredder will explain in a moment. I promise to keep Roll under control.

Greninja then bowed again and returned to his friends.

"Well okay then." Gene said. He then turned to Belle. "Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?"

"I'm fine." she said and crossed her arms as a grumpy look crossed her face.

"Okay, if you're sure." Gene agreed. He then turned away from her and smiled like an idiot.

The bisharp walked over to them. Her face was bright red and the spot where her nose would be had a few small drops of blood. She stopped in front of Gene and purposely refused to look at Belle. In a completely serious voice that was contradicted by her blush and nose bleed she spoke. "Greetings, my name is Shredder. I'm a member of the mercenary group called Checkmate. We've been contracted by a concerned group of people who have reason to believe that your life is in danger. We're here to protect you."

"I don't need any help protecting my mate."

Shredder looked at Belle, and her blush deepened a little. "The people who supposedly want him dead are one of the Teams. Can you protect him from an army of religiously obsessed humans that want to keep the world exactly how it is, but minus the recent changes in the laws regarding pokephilia."

They were quiet for a moment. "Why do they want me dead?" Gene asked.

"Team Eternity wants to prevent the world from changing, and even reverse some of the progress that civilisation has made if our sources are correct." Shredder explained. "With how much your face has been on the news before and after the laws changed it's likely that you have become a symbol to represent this change in the world. So most likely they want to make an example of you."

"I'm still enough to deal with your playbunny!" Belle countered. "So how are you supposed to protect him if I can beat one of you?"

Shredder's face turned even redder than it has been before and her brain seemed to be nonfunctional at the moment. Roll on the other hand reacted immediately. "What did you call me you girly waifu!?" she yelled from several yards away.

"You stay out of this you big mean ...uh rabbit thing!"

Shredder and Roll looked at where the voice had come from and saw the little filly for the first time. She was standing in front of Gene and Belle now, and scrunched up her face in what was an adorable attempt at a glare. A dust cloud was kicked up as Roll moved with such speed that her image blurred. When the cloud was cleared away by Belle's Psychic the lopunny was found to be holding the young pegasus up in both paws and smiling wide enough to remind the filly of Pinkie Pie.

"Eeeeee! You are adorable!" Roll squealed with delight and hugged her. "What's your name? What are you? Do you get any bigger than this? Please tell me you can use Baby Doll Eyes."

After struggling for a moment to take a breath while having her body compressed by arms that seemed too strong for their size, Scootaloo answered the questions. "My name is Scootaloo, I'm a pegasus, I hope so, I do not under any circumstances play with dolls, and I am not adorable!"

Shredder facepalmed, which resulted in a loud clang as her metal hand met her face. Gene and Belle both sweatdropped.

"Just checking but that is the same lopunny from a minute ago right?" Belle asked the bisharp.

"...she likes kids." Shredder explained. "Look can we just wait here for the rest of our team? Weiss will explain, and hopefully not say anything to make you angry."

They shared a telepathic conversation before answering. Gene nodded his head in agreement.

It was another few minutes before Weiss arrived with the rest of Checkmate, though most of them stayed farther away. What he had to say was nothing that Shredder had not yet told them, with the exception of one detail.

"Hold it!" Gene held up his hand. "I get to enter the league?"

"Yes." the mercenary responded.

"Okay then, just let Belle read your mind to see if you're telling the truth and we've got a deal." Gene said with a wide grin.

"Gene! These people are crazy and you want to actually travel with them?" Belle asked incredulously. "Give me one good reason why we should go along with this."

"Because if we have them to keep the crazy people who actually want to hurt us away, then we can focus on getting the Kanto badges. We get all the badges, we go to the Indigo Plateau. Then we win it-" he took Belle in his arms and kissed her. "-and get married right there for the world to see."

"Okay, that's a good reason." Belle admitted with a sly grin.

"Mazal tov!" Weiss told them with a combination of sarcasm and genuine happiness for the happy couple. "Well come on then, read my mind, just keep away from anything that has nothing to do with you."

"Oh, Xavier already let me read him." Belle confessed. "I believe you."

"...seriously?" Weiss glared at his tactician up in the sky.

She is a Psychic and would never trust us if we did not permit her to see our minds. So I let her peek. Xavier said in his constant monotone.


By the next morning Scootaloo had already begun to bond with the mercenaries, and with the rest of Gene's pokemon. She had especially taken a liking to the ones that in her own words were 'The coolest...unless I compare you to Rainbow Dash' , which included Xavier and Shredder. This was not completely welcome by them.

Her initial reaction to Xavier talking in her head was to yelp in surprise and run around the campsite for a minute or two until Belle explained that he was also a Psychic. She then asked where he was, and he answered by showing her a mental image of himself as he hovered so high up in the sky that she couldn't see him. A short introduction from Weiss later and she was talking her head off to him. After all he was a spy who happened to be a giant metal spider that could fly!

So after swallowing some pancakes that Gene made Scootaloo spent the better part of ten minutes asking the elusive Psychic pokemon a nonstop series of questions. Just some of them included. "How do you fly without wings? Can you go into outer space? Are you really made of metal? Do you know any magic? How long have you been a spy?"

"... you are a rather curious being aren't you? Both in body and mind. I levitate, don't fly. Almost. Yes. Magic is an element reserved for either guileful individuals or Fairy-types, which I am neither of. I am not a spy." he responded. "Does that answer your questions little creature?"

"But you're spying on people. So how do you levitate? Can you teach me how?" she asked while giving him the big eyes.

"That doesn't make me a spy. My mental powers allow me to do so. No." he answered and then pointed a giant claw at her. "How can you do that with your eyes?"

Then she finally got a good look at Shredder. A walking talking sword with super powers and has her own sword, how could the filly resist. "Are you a knight? Where'd you get that sword? Can I have one? Has anyone ever tried using you as a can opener?"

To which Shredder answered with her own questions. "... why are you orange? Why aren't you on fire? Why do you have wings? Why aren't you flying if you have them?"

"... I'm handicapped...jerk." Scootaloo decided to avoid Shredder after that, and Shredder got a few glares from the rest of the group.

Her response to seeing Titania, who was basically a hopping flower, was indifference, which the fairy returned in kind.

When she met Pancha she felt a little sympathetic. "So you can't fly either huh? It's okay, you're still cool." Scootaloo told her.

"I know niƱa, I know I am awesome... perdoname but who said I can't fly!?" Pancha shouted and she literally got her feathers ruffled.

Scootaloo then asked a question of Roll. "So...Miss Shredder is your special somepony?"

"Special some... is your world filled with those puns? And yes she is." Roll answered with a smile.

"...But you're both girls. How does that work?"

Unless you want to have the sex talk with her, change the subject. Belle told the Lopunny telepathically.

Roll gave an 'It is on!' expression to Belle. "You see little girl..." she then grabbed two of her teammates ,a Goodra and Vespiqueen, to explain the story of the Pidgey and the Combees, and she was quite direct with a couple of topics. She then properly answered her question. "You got all that? Good, our relationship throws all of that out the window and just focuses on how much we love each other."

Belle, Gene, Alice who had played one half of the explanation, and Felicia who had played the other half, all stood there stunned at the graphic descriptions of what had just been said. Luckily Scootaloo had lost interest as soon as the explanation became too scientific, and had gone to pester Weiss.

"Are you one of those ninjas I heard about? Can you teach me-" she stopped her questioning when she saw Edge and Scyla. "Excuse me while I go make plans for a dragon catching cutie mark."

Weiss answered the first part. "I am a mercenary... you gonna do what?" and then he was left feeling very, very confused.

The rest of the morning continued like that for a while. Scootaloo would ask one of the pokemon a series of questions, and then it was almost lunch time. Weiss would have preferred to move on sooner but they still had to at least plan a route around the region, so he and Gene were doing that.

Scootaloo had just frightened Simon by asking why he doesn't take a bath to wash off the dirt in his fur, much to the young pegasus' confusion. She then asked Greninja why his scarf looked so strange.

Greninja looked at her. "..." the tip of the scarf moved and licked the filly.

"... I don't know if I should freak out or say cool... I'll go with eww. Ewwww." Scootaloo shook her head back and forth, and wiped her cheek. "So you are the real ninja?"

"..." he made a few hand signs and hit the ground, creating a huge water screen that he disappeared behind.

"AWESOME! Not quite as cool as Rainbow Dash but close. Can you show me how to do that?" she looked around for him with big eyes.

Greninja reappeared behind her and looked at her carefully.

"Please." Scootaloo turned around to face him. "I'd like to be a ninja." this time instead of simply making her eyes big she actually succeeded in using Baby Doll Eyes.

The Fairy move was highly effective against the Dark type pokemon. He used his Protein ability to change his Dark typing to Steel allowing him to resist it. After thinking about it the ninja motioned with his hand for her to follow him.


Soon enough it was lunch time. Gene made a vegetable soup, with beef jerky on the side for any meat eaters. The mercenaries had brought their own rations so they didn't have to worry about running out of food, but they all agreed that Gene was a much better cook than any of them. Pancha went for a second bowl of soup it was so good.

Scootaloo finished her bowl in record time and immediately took advantage of Greninja's training (he had only taught her the beginnings of a Quick Attack) to zip around and tag several of the pokemon. "Tag! You can't catch me!" she yelled at them and ran off into the woods.

It took a moment for them all to consider it, and then they gave chase. Scootaloo's excitement all morning seemed to be contagious. From Checkmate Pancha, Felicia, Titania, and Sylla (who shouted that she would get everyone) all joined in. Of Gene's pokemon it was Fang, Mage, and River who joined the game.

".......seriously?" Weiss asked nobody in particular.

The game of tag, or perhaps it was hide and seek none of them could really keep track, went on for a good hour or two with everyone tagging and getting tagged almost at random. It eventually became a contest to see who could get the most tags.

Titania was winning because her small size was the advantage. She was feeling quite smug about it too. She had just tagged Fang, much to his surprise (and shame because his nose had told him she was in a different spot) , and now she was hiding in a bush as she waited for someone to ambush. The Fairy giggled silently to herself as she saw Scootaloo slowly making her way to another bush. She readied herself for a fast tag and run.

Scootaloo stuck her head into the bush and threw up.

The game didn't last long after that. Scootaloo was carried back to camp by Fang who held her in his mouth. The day had apparently been a little too exciting for her, and her earlier eating habits didn't help any.

An Audino by the name of Doc looked her over and determined that she was okay. Doc gave her some medicine to help her sleep, and walked away muttering something about 'not getting paid to babysit' and 'billing them for the meds'.

Weiss rubbed his forehead and sighed. "We leave in the morning." he told everyone.


Belle was sleeping next to Gene in her own sleeping bag. Normally they would be cuddling together all snuggled up in the same tent or sleeping bag, but it felt weird to have so many people around.

Belle was not completely asleep, and was drifting in between the worlds of wakefulness and slumber. She felt something prodding at her shoulder. She responded by mumbling something about something sexy, probably Gene.

The prodding continued a little more insistently. Being slightly more aware of herself now Belle waved an arm at the whatever it was that was disturbing her.

"Belle?" Scootaloo asked. "Are you awake?"

No going back to sleep now. Belle yawned as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "What is it? Are you still feeling sick?"

"A little but..." Scootaloo trailed off.

"Hey what's the matter?" Belle got a better look at Scootaloo after she rubbed the sleep from her eyes again. The little filly was standing next to Belle with her ears down and big watery eyes. "Ooh, hey what's wrong?"

"I want to go home."

"Come here." Belle told her and held her arms out. Scootaloo climbed up into the hug. Belle just held her for a few minutes before saying anything. "Now talk to me. Why are you sad?"

Scootaloo pressed deeper into the hug. "I miss my friends. I miss Rainbow Dash. I want to go back home where Fluttershy takes care of me when I get sick and Applejack invites me to dinner and Rarity makes me new clothes every winter." She was literally on the verge of crying.

Belle knew all of this already from having shared her memories with Scootaloo, and she knew that if she hadn't done that then the child would have just kept all of this to herself and cried herself to sleep. "I know, I know." she told Scootaloo and nearly cried herself as she hugged her closer.

Scootaloo pressed her face into Belle's chest. "I even miss my foster parents and I've only known them for a month."

That broke Belle's heart. Instinctively she began to sing a lullaby that she remembered from before she met Gene. She wasn't sure, but she thought it was sung to her by her mother when she was a Ralts. When she finished Scootaloo was nearly asleep in her arms, but the little pegasus had one last thing to say.

"Belle...will you...be my...mom..." she asked in between yawns.

Belle clapped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from shouting her answer. Yes, I'd like that.

Author's Note:

This is my first two parter. The second part will be a battle chapter which shouldn't take me too long to write.

I named quite a few of them in this chapter and some of you may or may not know who they are. You can find out here.

Last thing to say about this is... Scootaloo has a mom!