• Published 4th Nov 2011
  • 1,941 Views, 88 Comments

Resistance: Equestria - Evowizard25



One man held a device that he thought could turn the world in humanity's favor. But something went wrong. And now, an terrible war is brough

  • ...
5
 88
 1,941

Chapter 13

The morning sun shone brightly, back on Earth. The falling rays of light did nothing to penetrate a concealed British hideout; a group of soldiers were planning their next move. At their head, stood Stephen Cartwright. He was a rather tall man, with green eyes that held much experience. His short red hair could be seen under his green beret. A L23 Fareye sat on the table within reach of him.
Next to him stood an equally tall woman, named Rachael Parker. Her brown eyes shone with determination. Her light brown hair was tied up in a bow.
The two were far renowned in their fight against the chimera and had helped orchestrate many anti-Chimera campaigns. Even so far as to free most of Europe from the monsters grip. But now, even for them, things looked bleak.
“Now that they’ve taken our northern outpost,” Stephen said, gesturing to a spot on the large map on the table before them. “They’ll be here within a fortnight.”
“That’s if they know we’re here.” Rachael commented.
Stephen nodded. “We can certainly hope that’s so.”
“Hope didn’t help those people there, now did it?” Another person said, advancing on the table. He was a short, skinny man. His black hair was unkempt and he had a messy beard and mustache. His lab coat was stained and torn. This man was the leading expert on the chimera and the head scientist of Britain. Of course, it wasn’t much, since most of the others were dead, or worse.
“Now, now Dr. Yearling,” Rachael put a hand onto his shoulder to calm him. “I had friends there too.”
“Friends are one thing. I can always make new friends.” Dr. Thomas Yearling jabbed his finger into the location. “What I can’t remake is John. We had everything riding on John’s invention. Everything!”
“There’s still a chance he could have made it.” Stephen said.
Thomas Yearling slammed his fist down hard. “That’s a lie and you know it. You read the reports. No living thing survived the attack. Not even the initial chimera themselves. Normally that’s a good thing, but nothing about this was normal.”
“Could it be that John’s invention worked?” Rachael asked.
Thomas nodded. “Yes, but that doesn’t matter anymore. The area’s crawling with chimera. It would be suicide to go back.”
“But there’s still a chance.” Stephen said. “However slim that it maybe. We have to seize this opportunity. If John used the device, then there’s a chance it could still work.”
“And then what?” Thomas shot at him. “Even if it’s still there. Even if it still works, I need John here to help me through the steps. For all I know, he could have created a machine that disintegrates all living tissue. I wouldn’t be surprised, going off what happened there.”
“Still, it’s something worth trying.” Stephen looked over to Rachael. “Do you think you can rally some gents for this op?”
Rachael nodded. “It’ll take while. There aren’t that many risk takers left, you know.”
Stephen smiled. “Endangered or not, you need to find them.”
“I’ll need a few days to get everything in order.” Rachael told him.
“Take your time.” Stephen rubbed his chin. “We’ll need to think this out carefully if we are to succeed.”
“Succeed?” Thomas scoffed. “Getting people killed is what you’ll succeed at doing if you go through with this. I’m sorry, but John’s discovery aint worth it.” Stephen and Rachael just ignored him. He huffed and crossed his arms. “Fine. Be that way.” He sighed. “This day couldn’t possibly get worse.”
Just then, another British soldier, Lt. Peterson came in, carrying two Leapers, one in each hand. “Who wants leapers?”
Thomas yelled in frustration. “I’ve had enough of leapers. That’s all I’ve eaten for the last two weeks. Leaper meat, Leaper soup, Leaper, Leaper, Leaper! Can’t you catch anything other than that?”
“Well, it’s bloody hard to find anything worth killing.” Peterson said. “Besides, I got you fellas those two does, remember.”
“Yeah, three weeks ago.” Thomas said.
“Guys.” Rachael got in between them, separating the two. “We have to stick together and fighting over food won’t help us survive.”
“It will if you want be to stomach more of his cooking.” Thomas shot at them, pointing at Peterson.
“Hey, I’m a master chef.” Peterson scoffed. “I know more ways to cook this little bugger than you could ever dream of.”
“And rightfully so.” Thomas scowled.
“Fine.” Peterson relented. “I’ll try and find something else. Happy?”
“Not in the slightest.” Thomas said.
“Glad to hear it.” Peterson glared at him.
Stephen pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. Sometimes, being a general wasn’t what it was cracked up to be.
____________________________________________________________
/Day two of ponyfication. /
Gregory wrote down onto a piece of paper, skillfully using his mouth to guide the pencil onto the paper. He was lucky that back in his youth, he had done this very thing to impress his peers and, hopefully, the ladies. Not too big a shocker, it didn’t work. But it was paying off here. He had to be careful though. The chimera beside him was sleeping and he didn’t want to disturb her.
/Through hardship and perils, I’ve become accustomed to being a pony. Even though I loathe using that term. Still, it’s all good. Walking on all fours isn’t that hard. Actually, it’s far more relaxing than two. The locals are nice and supportive, even under pressure. The technology seems late 19th century. Still, they have indoor plumbing. /
He shivered in fear at the thought of living another day without it. Just going anywhere was disgusting.
/The Chimera are still a puzzle, but I think I’m getting through to them. The leader reminds me a lot of Thomas on a bad day. /
He chuckled. ‘Thomas is probably going to kill me for that remark.’
/But he still holds many mysteries. Just yesterday, in a fit of rage, he demonstrated a force of energy, kind of a like a psychic power of some sort. It was utmost brutal, as he had used it to harm one of his own subordinates. I’ve heard of Chimera turning on each other under stress, but never have I seen it with my own eyes. Also, where did that energy come from? I had asked about the local mayor of this town about it. She told me it was magic. I don’t believe her, but if she really believes that, than I may have entered the equivalent of the dark ages. Hopefully, they don’t burn heretics. Anyways, I’ll try my hand, or hoof, at trying to solve this puzzle. Hopefully, there are some local scribes and scientists with whom I can communicate with. I’ll need all the help I can get with constructing the device. /
He looked over at the sleeping chimera Pegasus snuggling up to his side. He couldn’t help but smile. ‘You know, she’s cute for a chimera.’ A small part of his conscious scolded him for just referring to her at a Chimera, she, or it. ‘It is getting a little annoying. And besides, the commander already has a name. Might as well give her one two.’ He pondered for a moment.
/Last night, several of the turned chimera started having vicious nightmares. That’s the best I can describe them. They kept screaming, as though they were in massive pain. It took me several moments to calm my own watcher. /
Just then, the Chimera Pegasus started waking up. She lifted her head and looked at him with half lidded eyes. “Am I a chimera again?”
Gregory chuckled. “Nah, I’m still working on it.”
“Well,” She yawned. “Work faster.” She laid her head back down, closing her eyes. “Wake me when I can,” she yawned once more. “Eat you.”
“I will.” Gregory said, slightly nuzzling her. A name, a single name came to mind. “Cecilia.”
___________________________________________________________________
Golden-Eye whimpered, as he clutched to Sparkler. His face was buried into her neck. Sparkler stroked him, as she kept trying to calm him down. Her cheeks were stained with tears. All through the night, she had watched him squirm and shout and she couldn’t do anything about it. She wanted to be close to him, but not like this. ‘Why did this have to happen to him? Why?’
“Daddy? Is he going to be alright?” Dinky asked.
The others had gathered in her room, to check up on them. The Doctor had been busy scanning Golden-Eye with a small device, similar to his screwdriver. “He’ll be fine.” Doctor Whooves said, finishing up his scan. “I just need to look this over. It’ll only take a second.” He hooked up the device to a small, screened, machine. The room was silent, save for the working of the machine, and Golden-Eye whimpers.
Small figures started to appear on screen and the Doctor, after putting on a pair of specs, looked them over. Sparkler rolled her eyes. Her father thought he looked oh so clever in them. “Fascinating. Completely fascinating.”
“What’s fascinating?” Carrot Top asked, trying to get a look herself.
“It appears that Golden-Eye here still has contact with his other.” Doctor Whooves said.
“Huh?” Everyone else looked at him weird.
“Let me explain.” The Doctor held up a hoof. “When a human is converted into a chimera, their memories are left intact, albeit, hidden within the more dominant chimeran mind. Usually, this isn’t a problem. The Chimera’s instincts overrule any previous thoughts and ideals.”
“Then why is he having dreams of someone hurting him?” Sparkler asked. “Who would do such a thing?”
“Ah, I was getting to that.” Doctor Whooves nodded his head towards his oldest daughter. “When Goldy here was transformed into a pony, he lost connection with the song, which allowed his other mind to resurface.”
“Song?” Carrot Top raised an eyebrow. “What the hay is that?”
“You see, later on during the war, the Alicorns set up a spell that pretty much killed off all Xenosian younglings and made the adults infertile.” Doctor Whooves hung his head in remembrance.
“That’s horrible.” Ditzy put a hoof to her mouth.
“The Alicorns were desperate you see and it didn’t help that they being led by a drunken psychopath.” The Doctor spat the last part out, as though he were spitting on said pony’s grave. “After that, the Xenosians were desperate to find troops to continue the war. So, the leader, Xenos, created the Xras. Genetically engineered soldiers. Of course, the Xras needed guidance, and after he was mortally wounded by Princess Luna herself, he hooked himself up to a wired mainframe, The Black Throne as it became known as, creating the song itself. The Black Throne became the target of every Alicornian campaign after that.”
“And this song, kept the Xras, or Chimera, under control.” Carrot Top said.
Doctor Whooves nodded. “Exactly. And now that he’s no longer under its influence, he’ll be reminiscing with his other every time he sleeps.”
“Then why is he hurting so.” Sparkler asked.
“It seems his other wasn’t too pleased about being used to kill his own kind.” Doctor Whooves said.
“Can’t you stop it all together?” Sparkler pleaded. “He’s hurting.”
“I don’t know…” The Doctor started, but was cut off by a sad puppy dog look from his daughter. He sighed. “If I can cut off a select few of neural pathways, I think I can stop this from happening again.”
Sparkler let a small smile come to her face. “Thank you, father.” He gave her a smiled before leaving. She turned to Golden-Eye. “Hear that. It’s all over now.” The Pegasus didn’t respond, but he stopped whimpering. Sparkler kissed the top of his head. ‘Please, let this work.’
“I’ll go make some hot cocoa.” Ditzy said. “That should make you feel better.”
“Can I have some, mommy?” Dinky asked.
Ditzy smiled and nuzzled her little filly. “Of course, muffin.” Dinky giggled.
Carrot Top raised a hoof. “I’d like a cup.”
It wasn’t long before the three mares left the room. As Sparkler adjusted herself, to make her stay on the bed more comfortable, Golden-Eye’s grip on her tightened. “Don’t leave me.”
Sparkler hugged him close, about to burst into tears. “I won’t.”
________________________________________________________
The two Deadeye brothers sat at the table in Sugarcube Corner. Their eyes never left the table top. They were silent and all their joy seemed lost in their eyes. Ever since their little fit last night, neither of them had said a word. It was troubling to the others. Twilight was busy comforting one, while Pokey Pierce stood by the other.
“It’s okay,” Twilight said reassuringly. “It was just a dream.”
“A very bad dream, but a dream none the less.” Pokey added.
Pinkie and Surprise quickly came out of carrying a tray each of cookies. They set them on the table. “Come on gusy,” Pinkie said. “They’re chocolate chip cookies.”
“With extra chocolate.” Surprise added in.
The boys were silent. Just then, the Box Ghost swooped down and grabbed both trays. “Ooooh, I have your cookies.” They kept silent. “Aren’t you guys gonna try and get them back?”
“We don’t want any.” D1 said.
“Me neither.” D2 said as well.
Surprise and Pinkie both gasped. “This calls for extreme measures.” They declared running back into the kitchen.
“Extreme measures?” Pokey Pierce started to sweat. “I don’t like the sound of that.”
“Me neither.” Twilight gulped.
It wasn’t long before the two hyper active mares came back, holding a tray with a single cupcake on it. “Steady, steady.” Pinkie said, as they slowly walked over to the table.
“I’m being steady.” Surprise said.
“Steady.” Pinkie said anyways. They placed it on the table and pulled away. “There. Dig in.”
The two Deadeye brothers looked at the cupcake and instantly brightened up.
“What is it?” Twilight asked.
“Nopony knows.” Surprise said, in an awed tone.
“It’s said to be the most delicious cupcake ever.” Pinkie beamed. “Only our family knows the recipe.”
“And what’s it called?” Pokey Pierce asked.
Surprise shrugged. “We never gave it a name. It doesn’t need one.”
“That doesn’t even make sense.” Twilight huffed.
“A lot of things in life don’t make sense, Twilight.” Pinkie told her. “You just have to roll with it.”
The Deadeye twins moved their hooves to grab the cupcake, but stopped when they saw the other going for it as well. Their gazes met which turned into full on glares. One could say, that they saw electricity spark between them, from the intensity.
“This cupcake is mine, do you hear me.” D1 bared his teeth.
“This is my cupcake and I will defend it.” D2 growled.
The two twins slammed their heads against one another, which succeeded in dazing them both. D2 recovered quicker than his brother and grabbed the cupcake. He flew straight out the doors.
D1 shook his head and growled. He flew off after him. “Aww, yeah.” Rainbow Dash hoof pumped. “This is going to be awesome.” She quickly went outside.
“I’m not so sure.” Applejack said, going after her friend. “I mean, they could get hurt.”
“Which makes this even more awesome.” Dash squealed in excitement. Applejack sighed and shook her head.
Meanwhile, the two pegasi were racing, kicking, biting one another, trying to get at the cupcake. The fight lasted several minutes, with the precious pastry trading hooves several times. Finally, D2, who had the cupcake, was kicked in the side, by D1, midair. Thus, he let go of the cupcake.
The little pastry fell on the head of none other than the local slacker/ladies man himself, Thunderlane. His silver grey hair was done in a Mohawk like fashion, which contrasted with his dark grey coat. “Huh,” He said, as he felt something hit his head. He plucked the cupcake off and looked at it through his amber eyes. He licked his lips and ate it in one go.
The two brothers’ mouths hung wide open. It almost looked like their bottom jaws would fall off. “You ate our cupcake.” D1 said. The two were standing on the same cloud as Thunderlane.
“Yeah, so.” Thunderlane said, eyeing them.
“That was ours.” D2 growled.
“What are you going to do about it?” Thunderlane flashed them a cocky grin.
The two brothers launched themselves at Thunderlane, slamming into him. The force of their push threw all three of them through the air and right straight into the Carousal Boutique.
__________________________________________________________
Rarity hummed to herself a little song her own little sister had composed, as she stitched together a new dress. ‘Oh that filly is certainly going places. Hopefully, she’ll figure it out on her own. I’d hate for her to get hurt over some stupid trick or something.’
Then, she was done. The last stich was made and her beautiful design was complete. She smiled as she looked upon it. “Even Celestia herself will be astonished.”
In her moment of absolute triumph, fate seemed to have it in for her, as three male pegasi came crashing through the wall and wrecked several of her dress, including her crowning glory. Rarity’s mouth unhinged. “My-my-my dresses. RUINED!”
The three pegasi groaned in pain. “YOU!” Rarity pointed at them dramatically. “You ruffians! You fiends! You ruined my masterpiece.”
“It was there fault.” Thunderlane pointed to the others.
“I don’t care who’s fault it is,” Rarity glared them. “You’re all going to pay.” She smiled wickedly. “Right after a trip to the spa.”
“Spa?” Thunderlane’s face fell. Rarity nodded. He dropped to his haunches and yelled. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!”
The other two just cocked their heads. “What’s a spa?”
__________________________________________________
Off in the distance, the group could hear Thunderlane’s misery. Rainbow Dash breathed it in. “There’s nothing like the smell of Thunderlane’s misery in the morning.”
“Why do you hate that fella so much?” Applejack asked.
“Because he’s useless.” Rainbow Dash told her. “Except for target practice and a living meat shield.”
“That’s mildly disturbing to think about.” Applejack said.
“You’d understand if you met him.” Rainbow Dash crossed her forearms.
“I have.” Pokey Pierce said. “He seems like a nice guy, though lazy and rude at times.”
“See.” Rainbow Dash said. “What did I tell you?” Applejack just shook her head.
_____________________________________________________________
I own neither Resistance, or My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.
Resistance is owned by Insomniac.
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is owned by Hasbro studios.
I do hope you enjoy this crossover of mine and if you any ideas, suggestions, or tips, please don't be afraid to contact me.