• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 2,258 Views, 48 Comments

Minty Image - mintgreenconspiracy



When Minty Christmas doesn't go as it normally would. A secret about Minty, G3 Rainbow Dash, and G3 Pinkie Pie comes out, that may very well change everything, forever.

  • ...
1
 48
 2,258

PreviousChapters Next
Optional Chapter 3-2: Skywishes' chapter

The next day...

**********

Pinkie was utterly amazed at just how easy Mama Pie had been to convince (Pinkie had originally thought that she'd have to beg and plead, and plead some more... or at least at least whine a little.) Normally all it took was a quick pout, and a pathetic expression to make her mother relent. But this time, she'd caved after only a few minutes, with an unusually apologetic expression. It was almost enough to make Pinkie regret it -- this was her mother, after all! But she had to do this party, Razzaroo was counting on her!!!

The door creaked subtly as a pony, ever so quietly made her way in. "Oh!" Pinkie thought to herself, in surprise. The guest of honor Pinkie's party assistant had arrived sooner than she originally expected.

The pony gave a shrug. "Sorry about that Pinkie, I was chasing a wish. And, since I'm here anyway, I thought I'd come early, " Skywishes explained, with a smile.

Pinkie smiled mischievously, and gave a sly wink towards the camera. Maybe Skywishes' wishes really were more special than she was willing to admit! After all, her wish for the party to succeed was off to a great start! How else could she describe as the guest of honor arriving early!

"Thanks for coming so early." Pinkie said, thanking her guest friend with a smile, as she motioned towards a beautifully basket of baked goods that Mama Pie had obtained from Mama Sweetberry. "Please come in and have some cookies. Mama Pie prepared these for us last night!" She said, sweetly motioning towards a fine silver tray covered up to the ceiling with cookies.

Skywishes face turned to a smile. "Well they do smell nice!" She exclaimed as she trotted over, and leaned over the plate of cookies, giving them a good whiff.

Pinkie gave a smile as she held one of the cookies in her hoof -- her hoof and frog warping around the cookie like a hidden palm. "So, I just wanted to say how glad I am that you were able to make it so early." She explained gratefully, with enthusiasm, taking a bite of the cookie she currently held in her hoof. "We have so much to prepare for Razzaroo's surprise party!"

"Of course!" Skywishes gave a nod, she just felt so great to be helping out, instead of just throwing meaningless wishes at the problem. "I'm just so happy to be helping out!" Strangely she just kept wishing, like part of her felt it was her destiny.

Pinkie paused for a second, her body shaking slightly with enthusiasm. "Why!" Pinkie said, with a smile, a realization coming to her. "We can make this a party prep party!" She exclaimed, the concept in her head coming into further focus. "That right, a party party!" She said, stopping halfway into the final word to scratch her head. Why did that phrase sound so familiar? Weird... "And... -- " She said, stopping to see Mama Pie trotting in, almost like the world itself didn't want her to think too hard about that thought... A good thing, such ominous feeling déjà vu but might ruin her day!

Strangely Mama Pie had an apologetic look on her face, when she came in, instead of her normal confident smile. "Pinkie?" She asked, quickly getting the pink pony's attention.

Pinkie turned around, a surprised look on her face.

"I'm sorry to bug you, when your little friend is visiting," Mama Pie said, with a blush. "But I wanted to know if you, or your friends needed anything else for your little surprise party? She said, with a giggle.

Her face suddenly dropped as she covered her mouth, with a hoof, as if divulging a little too much.

Pinkie rolled her eyes, for only a moment, before opening her mouth -- a thought occurring to her. "Actually, Mama Pie," she said, putting a hoof on a muzzle. "I was wondering if I can ask Rainbow Dash to help out with the surprise party," she said, wistfully. "After all, she's another party planner like Raz-- and I," she said, breathing a sigh of relief at how quickly she was able to enact a save. "And after all, I wanted. a second opinion with my designs!" She explained, questioning her... interesting... and pink... choices in decor... "We know how good she is at organizing too, you know!" Pinkie replied, with a chuckle.

"Raz -- ?" Skywishes asked, with a curious quirk of her eyebrow -- what was Pinkie talking about?... Who was the pink pony talking about? And what, for that matter, could the pink pony possibly be up to? After all, the pink pony was acting really super duper suspiciously... And was it just her, or did Mama Pie's face turn awfully pale there for a second.

"Rainbow Dash?" Mama Pie asked, a look of dismay on her face. The larger pink pony paused for a few precious moments before speaking again. "Sure... I'll go get her for you... I just... need.. to... um... talk to Mama Dash!... So I'll go... get her... get Rainbow Dash for you!" She said, with a lot of pausing, and a very convincing smile.

Pinkie nodded. "Yes please!" She said, with a hesitant smile. "But I was thinking something different, like maybe we can go together, and find Mama Dash." She said, her hoof attached to the bottom of her muzzle. "We have, after all, never seen the two of them in the same place at the same time," she said, with a contemplative expression. "Come to think of it, we've never seen you, and her in the same place at the same time. And I think that.. maybe, you are afraid to you..." Pinkie said, her voice growing stern. "And maybe, this is a good time for you to do what you taught me, and face your fears!" Pinkie said, sternly.

Mama Pie gulped noticeably. "Yes... I can fetch her for you." She repeated herself, her ears drooping noticeably, as Mama Pie seemed speechless, for some reason. Maybe she really was afraid of Mama Dash?

Pinkie smiled, and started to proceed towards the door, only to be stopped by a hoof from a smiling Mama Pie. "I'll find her for you dear, " she said, with a smile, "After all..." she added, pausing for a moment. "it's impolite to leave your friend alone here," she stated, taking a moment to teach her daughter proper etiquette, before galloping out the door, at a full bore...

"Ohh.." Pinkie exclaimed, a curious expression creeping onto her face. "I wonder what the hurry is?" She asked, eliciting a shrug from the other pony in the room.

The two of them looked at each other, but only for a minute before going back to work. That didn't last long, though, before the foal known as Rainbow Dash came galloping through the door that Mama Pie had left open five minutes ago, a surprising track record considering that Rainbow Dash's house was all the way across town.

"Why hello darlings!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, not looking one bit winded as she motioned ostentatiously -- her favorite scarf, around her neck, blowing in the invisible breeze, and her signature bow in her mane. "What's this I hear about a surprise party, darlings?" Rainbow asked, her head at a ninety degree angle, as she looked at the other ponies.

"Oooh!!!" Pinkie said, stomping slightly. "I was hoping Mama Pie wouldn't divulge that!" She fumed.

"Well, I... um... just figured... Darlings..." Rainbow stuttered, with a convincing smile. "But... I'll say no more, darlings."

"Ok, darling..." Pinkie said, teasing her friend. "And I'm so glad Mama Dash let you visit us, Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie exclaimed, with a smile. "I was planning a surprise party for Sk..." She said, correcting herself with a giggle. "Razzaroo, and I was hoping that you could help Skywishes and I with that," she asked with a chuckle. "My decorations could use some sprucing up..." She said, with a frown as a large pink-plaid (that's right! Pink on pink, on pink with another shade of Pink!) ribbon fell to the floor, apparently held on with sticky tape.

"Why I'd be happy to help, darlings," Rainbow replied, walking in a slow circle to show off her hair. "I have so many -- "

"That's great news," Skywishes replied. "But..." She said, hesitating for a moment.

"But Pinkie's surprise party wouldn't be a surprise if Mama Pie kept telling everyone about our surprise!" Skywishes replied, still remembering Pinkie's earlier forgotten frustration.

Rainbow shrugged, nonchalantly, perspiring in the morning heat.

Skywishes continues. "And did Mama Pie manage to meet Mama Dash.. I mean..."

Rainbow paused, her muzzle quivering.

Skywishes frowned. "She couldn't find Mama Dash?"

Rainbow opened her mouth, which stuttered, but no words came out.

"Oh my! We should be double checking with Mama Pie for permission to be surprised?" She asked, stumbling on her own words. "I mean... Hold a surprise party..." She said, stopping for a second when she realized she'd stumbled over her words again. "Ooooh!!! You know what I mean!" She finally exclaimed in frustration.

"Oohh.." Pinkie exclaimed, nodding in agreement. "I should probably get Mama Pie so we can ask her," she said, considering all the ponies that she would need to involve in this. "And Mama Dash too, and --"

"Don't worry, darlings." Rainbow replied, nervously. "I'll... um... find Mama Dash for you, darlings," she said, her eyes darting around. "And I'll even ask her... for permission... for you," she said, galloping out the door before anyone could have a word in edgewise. "After all, the darling... is... how do you say... my mom....!"

"Ohh..." Pinkie said, in surprise, her head looking straight forward, her stance rigid. "I guess she'll take care of it then..." She exclaimed, looking at Skywishes again. "I hope..."

After a couple of minutes Mama Pie returned, looking a little worse for wear. Though Pinkie guessed it was to be considered that she just made the run from Mama Dash house to hers in a record time, she must have been super eager to get back! Though he, surprisingly, seemed to be breathing more heavily than normal. "Why hello Pinkie!" She exclaimed, with her usual mirth. "Someone called my name?" She asked, with a smile.

"Oh yes!" Pinkie said, with a smile. "I just finished asking Rainbow Dash to help out with our surprise party for Sk... Razzaroo, and Skywishes thought that Rainbow Dash should ask her mom for permission, you know, since you couldn't find her."

Mama Pie shrugged her withers in an abnormal manner for a pony that was normally as rigid as she was. "I'm sure Mama Dash will give you her permission, " she replied, with a smile. "After all, I'm going to give you, -- "

Pinkie shook her head, with a frown, her voice trailing off. "No! I think we need to hear from her in person!" Pinkie said, sternly. "You know what just happened?"

"What's... that..." Mama Pie stuttered.

"Rainbow just came in without permission to help me with this super important party!" She said, eliciting a nod from Skywishes. "And I don't want her to get in trouble because she's helping us!" She warned.

"Well, I'm. ... " Mama Pie said, losing her confidence, when the other two foals in the room remained stern.

Mama Pie sighed softly. "I'll go and get her for you, Pinkie," she said, with a maternal smile. "I know how important this is to you," she said, looking away.

"Yes Please!" Pinkie replied, nodding her head. "You know how Mama Pie is!" She said, giving a playful chuckle, her fears assuaged.

"Why hello again, darlings!" Rainbow said, returning from wherever she went, and was feeling twice as ostentatious as normal. "As you can see I, Rainbow Dash, have returned and -- " She said, stopping when she noticed the stern frown on Pinkie's face. "What is it, darling?"

"Not much Rainbow Dash, but how can we ask Mama Pie for permission to hold this party if there's no Mama Pie?" She said, turning to Skywishes, her hoof raised inquisitively.

"Quite..." Rainbow replied, with a frown. "I'll go... get her for... you..." she said, rushing out the door.

What followed more closely resembled an old vaudeville act then a normal day in Ponyville, as Mama Pie, and Rainbow Dash kept switching places, each one walking out just before the next one arrived.

"Hello Pinkie!" Mama Pie said, galloping in.

"Oh dear..." Pinkie replied. "But now we have no Rainbow Dash!" She whined. "And it's getting super late, for the party!" She warned. "And we haven't even gotten started yet!"

"I should check on the cookies," Mama Pie replied, quickly galloping out. "Wouldn't want to burn them..."

A handful of seconds later, Rainbow Dash galloped in. "So what did you -- ?"

"Oh great Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie said, ecstatically. However, it lasted only a moment, before the next question resurfaced. "But where's Mama Dash? We still haven't seen her yet!"

"Why hello Pinkie!" Mama Dash said, returning with the cookies. "My daughter has already asked me, and I gladly give you permission to do this... party... thing... um... Darlings...?" Mama Dash said, sounding different than normal.

"Oh excellent!" Pinkie exclaimed, oblivious of the fact that Mama Dash now sounded more like Rainbow Dash. "Then that means we can get started..." She paused, a thought occurring to her. "But... "

"But what, Pinkie... Darling..." Mama Dash replied, curiously.

"But what are we going to do without Rainbow Dash?" Skywishes asked, in concern. "We need her to plan this party, and Razzaroo should be here any moment!" She said, eliciting another nod of agreement from Pinkie.

But not to worry, shortly after Mama Dash had dismissed herself (suddenly), Rainbow Dash returned, this time panting like she'd run the Kentucky Derby a dozen times, at full gallop. Which kind of made sense seeing as she shattered her cross town record by arriving in one minute flat... "Hello, darlings?" She asked, curiously, her breaths deep and wheezie.

Pinkie gave a shocked, and sickened expression, as she pointed to Rainbow Dash, but no words came out of her mouth.

"What is it, darling?" Rainbow asked, with a deep amount of concern. What had Pinkie just seen? She began to, slowly, look around at her flank...

"Oh dear..." Skywishes said, covering her muzzle with her hoof, as her face starting to turn green.

Pinkie quivered like a leaf, and her face looked like it was about to let a horrified scream escape it at any moment. "Rainbow Dash?" Pinkie asked, pointing at her friend's forehead. "What's wrong with your head?" She asked, as she started to back off slowly. "It looks like some kind of a blue ice cream cone is growing out of it!" She exclaimed, in horror, just wishing she'd wake up from whatever horrible daymare she'd suddenly slipped into...

"Well, darlings," Rainbow said, trying desperately to explain herself. "I can explain... You see... " She said, searching for words.

"Oh dear!" Pinkie explained, pointing at her friend's flank. "And why do you have Mama Pie's flank?" She shrieked, in horror, backing towards the furthest wall she could.

Rainbow Dash started to sweat pretty badly, her eyes darting around in all directions. "I know it sounds absurd, darlings... But, you see..." She said, desperately searching for an explanation that made sense. However, it seemed in vain because none of her explanations made sense -- even to her. What was going on here? She was pretty sure she was supposed to look like a pretty rainbow pony, not some kind of hodgepodge chimera, with a narwhal horn...

Skywishes stopped, suddenly looking up at Rainbow's narwhal horn, which began to glow with an eerie green aura, like it was reacting to something.

"Oh! Dash it all!" Rainbow exclaimed, the jig was up! Not that it mattered because, for some reason, She felt ill, all of her sudden. And her horn felt weird.

Sky wishes began to back up, her face fixated at the odd glowing of the snow cone that suddenly appeared on Rainbow's new mangled body, but it was too late as an arc of icky green magic arced between her horn, and Skywishes head, causing the pink earth pony to scream out in pain, as her eyes began to spin rapidly in circles (one clockwise, and one counter clockwise.)

"Mama Pie?!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, a horror growing on her face. "What's going on?" She asked, beginning to beg her friend mother the pony that looked like Rainbow Dash to stop. "Please! You're hurting Skywishes!"

Skywishes' symbol began to glow successively brighter colors, as it began to let off a fair amount of heat -- like someone had turned her symbol into a four hundred degree oven.

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" Skywishes shrieked in pain, crying like a child who hit head knee against a brick wall. "Please make it stop!" She said, sobbing viciously. "What's wrong with my symbol!" She shrieked to Rainbow Dash, who was stuck herself, one of her eyes glued shut at the insatiable migraine that she was suffering with, and unable to make whatever it was stop!

Skywishes' symbol's colors began to change from their normal greens, yellows, and pinks to an almost incandescent white color (and feeling resembling a heated frying pan, then a happy kite flying symbol.)

"What's going on!?" Pinkie shrieked, in terror, as Skywishes' symbol began to bathe the room in a blinding white color.

Outside, sparks could be seen rising from the playhouse, which arced across the sky.

"What's going on?" Razzaroo asked, heading over to the playhouse, having gotten the last few things for the surprise party that they were holding for Skywishes. "What's with the sparks?" She asked, as green and blue sparks began to shoot across the sky, from edge to edge.

...

"Awesome!!!" Sparkleworks exclaimed, pulling out her sunglasses (yes she, like Sunny Daze had a pair of oversized sunglasses) as the sky was filled with shooting stars, heralding... they had no idea what...

**********

Pinkie woke up, and gave a good cough as she breathed in some of the thick cloud of smoke that was still hovering around the tiny little room.

'Where am I?' She asked herself, taking a moment to finish waking up. She then took a good look around the room. It still appeared like she was in her playhouse, but she didn't remember her clubhouse looking, or smelling, like burnt cookies before.

Pinkie shook her head, her eyes still spinning in circles, the sound of a cowbell playing in her head with every shake. "What just happened?" She asked... everyone. Sadly, no one responded immediately... It felt like she'd been knocked down by a firecracker. Had Sparkleworks been experimenting with her crazy new glitter delivery system again?

Oh well... No time for that. "Is everyone ok?" She asked everyone in the room, all in various states of disrepair, from Skywishes who lay unconscious on the floor, to Rainbow Dash who sat in the corner bawling her eyes out.

"Is anyone hurt too badly?" Pinkie asked again, looking around.

"I think we're ok," Rainbow replied, calmly. "I think there was some kind of accident, -- " she continued, looking around the room and frowning when she saw the cloud of smoke, which was slowly clearing. " -- but I think it's over now..."

Pinkie shook her head, maybe she was still a little dizzy, but was Rainbow talking... differently... than normal? Wierd...

In the corner, Skywishes began to stir. "Oh wow!" She exclaimed, shaking her head. "I had the craziest dream!" She continued, making wishes on the stars that danced before her eyes.

"What was it?" Pinkie asked, cautiously. Hoping that her friend was still ok.

"I dreamed that Rainbow Dash was Mama Pie!" Skywishes exclaimed, chuckling nervously. "Crazy huh?"

Pinkie chuckled, that wacky Skywishes, she was probably suffering from whatever knocked them all out. Pinkie gave a chuckle, the absurdity of the st--

Wait a minute..."Oooh!!! Me too!" Pinkie said, her chuckle slowing dying... Wierd... Didn't she, and Skywishes just have the same dream?

Rainbow Dash didn't leave them long to speculate before she finally intervened. "Well, you know what they say about nightmares, darlings!" Rainbow said, with a chuckle, her voice sounding more normal.

"Oh! What's that?" Pinkie asked, curiously.

"Ummm..." Rainbow exclaimed nervously. "I don't really remember, darlings... But it feels important..." She said, with a nervous chuckle. "something or another about friends, darlings..." She said, sounding more like Minty then Rainbow Dash.

Everyone gave a good healthy chuckle, and maybe that was a good thing, because, after a bad daymare like that, it just made everyone feel better.

**********

Last spring...

**********

"Skywishes?" The monster called out 'with concern', wandering around the inky blackness. "Where are you Skywishes dear?" The monster cried out, disingenuously, a ridiculously colored dress with an absurd flower pattern draped over his 'her' body, as he was 'desperately trying to find his lost child'.

Skywishes didn't know why, but she was terrified. No one would think that a creature with a lion's paw, an eagle's talon, an alligator's leg, and a donkey's hoof, all at the same time, would be more hilarious than scary, but Skywishes, instead, opted to scream and to run in terror, as quickly as she could, instead of introducing herself -- as would be proper.

Of course she, being the plump pony she was, had to stop, for a second, to take a breather, her back firmly resting against one of the castle's walls.

Of course her breather didn't last long, when a voice began to boom over the eerie sounds that continued to play out despite the inky blackness -- a darkness, by the way, which seemed unusually dark, and dismal today. "You broke my dream world!" The mix and match monster hissed, grabbing out for her, his arms materializing out of the walls of the castle itself, dressed in really tacky diamonds cubic zirconia.

It didn't take long for a ear shattering scream to echo from Skywishes' mouth followed by another, as she took flight again. As she did so, her cutie mark began to act up, it's color changing from its normal colors to a bright white, as it began to glow an almost incandescent color. What was going on? Why was Ponyville so dark, and still? Did the monster do something to it?

"What should I do to punish you for your careless wishing, young mare?" The chimera asked, suddenly appearing out of thin air, dressed as an overpriced, and very fat, security guard for an equally overpriced mall, a sign in his talan with the phrase 'Halten sie gepoken!' on it.

"No!" She shrieked, her symbol growing even white hot -- causing her to squeal in pain.

"Oh come on!" The beast shouted, with consternation. After a few seconds, his lips curled up in a sadistic smirk. "Oh sie spricht kein G.I. deutsch!" He said, slapping his head with his paw, as he looked up at the picket sign containing his 'warning to stop'. "Well don't worry!" He said, quickly spinning the sign around three hundred and sixty degrees, to now say '¡Detener amigops!'

"Go away!" Skywishes shouted, attempting to toss the nearest object, only to find herself completely frozen, and immobile.

"Now where were we?" The monster cooed, stroking his beard goatee with his talon. "Oh yes... What should do with you young mare?" He asked, his paw around her wither, and his talon pointing off into the air.

"Give me a cake from the Cotton Candy Cafe?" She asked, innocently.

The monster shook his head, in disagreement.

The mare gave a frown, and hesitated for a minute. "Let me go?" She asked sweetly.

The monster just shook his head. "No! No!" He replied, shaking his head. "That's a terrible idea..." He continued, shaking his head, in disgust. "That cake would ruin your blood sugar!"

Skywishes shot him a frightened expression, as she backed off more quickly. "Please?" She asked, practically begging. "I didn't mean to hurt you! Please let me go..." She pleaded, her eyes tearing rapidly, in terror.

"Well I don't know?" He stated with a roll of his eyes, putting a third hoof on his muzzle. "You've done a lot of damage..." He added, now wearing a hardhat, and a very smug expression, that made him look like a reject from a farmville esque video game with a focus on industrial factory management. "And I don't know if I can fix it..."

"What if I stop wishing?" She asked desperately, finally finding herself mobile again.

The monster contemplated it, but only for a second before shaking his head boisterously. "Nah..." He said, waving his talon, his head shaking now turning into head turning. "Can't take the risk..." He replied, calmly.

The monster grew ever closer, forcing her to back up further. The problem? There was no longer any road behind her...

"Oh dear!" She exclaimed, starting to panic, before --

"Skywishes?" Asked a voice, causing the mare to awaken from her trace. "You ok?" She asked, as the pink mare staggered around aimlessly, a burnt smudge, in the shape of her cutie mark, marking the place she was sitting.

"Sorry about that..." Skywishes said, apologetically. "I had a bad dream last night... And now too.. and ... Ooohh!!!" She moaned to herself, in exasperation. "You know what I mean!"

Twinkle Twirl nodded sadly. "I'm sorry to hear that!" She said, looking down sadly. It always broke her heart when these kinds of things happened to her friends. Especially when she had this feeling like she shared part of the blame...

"Oh! It's ok!" Skywishes lied, her face looking tired. "I'm sure I'm done having them now!"

Twinkle Twirl shook her head. Her friend knew better than to lie to her like this. After all lies are mean!... Well... except white lies, anyways... But this didn't feel like a white lie... "The same mix and match monster?" She asked, sternly.

Skywishes sheepishly gave a tired nod. "The dream keeps getting more and more realistic, and the monster just more and more angry, each night, " she said, her voice starting to sound like she wanted to cry.

Twinkle Twirl sighed. "Have you talked to Kimono about these dreams?" She asked, inquisitively.

The pink pony nodded, followed by a sigh. "She doesn't know anything, and there's no books in the library that describe a monster like him -- " she explained looking down, a guilty expression on her face. " -- though half of the monster books, and horror stories, in the library seem to have mysteriously vanished..." She said, with a frown. "Kimono thinks someone is trying to keep the library safe... you know, because those glasses Sunnydaze found... You know the ones that bring books to life..."

Twinkle Twirl gave a soft sigh, and closed her eyes -- she had really hoped that Kimono would know something. Of course, and on the other hand, this was to be expected -- she was, after all, the wisest pony in Ponyville, not a fortune teller... Oh well! She needed to bring her friend's spirits back. Lord knows Skywishes had helped her so many times in the past, and not just with her special wishes! Furthermore, Skywishes kind of acted as her right hand around the dance studio, and was one of her better dancers -- not to mention a very close friend of hers.

"Well, -- " Twinkle Twirl said, her smile reemerging. " -- maybe we should go and get something from the Cotton Candy Cafe!" She pointed out eagerly, pointing down the road a hair. "I hear Razzaroo's getting ready for someone's special day, again!" She exclaimed playfully, putting her mouth right into Skywishes' ear. "Maybe we can join in?" She whispered, in her friend's ear, with a smile.

"Oh wow!" Skywishes exclaimed, the smile, that Twinkle Twirl was hoping for, finally creeping onto her face. "She's almost never around anymore," she said, her face brightening up. "Especially with all the parties she throws!" She said, getting more and more exuberant. "I mean I don't believe we've celebrated her birthday in forever!"

Twinkle Twirl gave a shrug. "Yeah!" She said, that fact sinking in. "But she always makes sure to show up for yours!" She said, remembering the ten times that the pony had been celebrating Skywishes' special day since that very special day back when they were foals. "And it's like she has made it her mission to celebrate everyone's special day!" she added, putting her hoof on her muzzle, a contemplative look on her face. "It's like she missed someone's special day, and decided to make it up to everyone!" She said, not noticing Skywishes' expression get spacy after the last use of the phrase 'special day'.

**********

The words 'special day' echoed through her head endlessly, as images began to slowly form in her mind -- kind of like the nightmare daydreams Pinkie tended to have, from time to time, right before a party.

It was that same monster from earlier, except that this time he looked a lot more jovial, this time, as he stood behind her and Razzaroo, his talon being used to prop himself up as he rested his arm against what used to be Twinkle Twirl's dance studio.

A wolf whistle came out of his mouth, his face suddenly resembling an anthropomorphic wolf's face, instead of it's normal equine shape. "Going somewhere ladies?" He asked, cattily, disappearing with a puff.

The two ponies looked at each other, with terrified expressions covering both their faces, Skywishes couldn't say why, though.

Suddenly the monster reappeared between the two mares, his talon wrapped around Razzaroo's neck, his shoulder resting comfortably on her wither. His claw, on the other side, did the same to Skywishes. "I mean, you wouldn't want to miss out on the fun!" He cackled, his anthropomorphic face now covered in thick clown makeup, a black tear streaming down his face as he made like an opera singer, loudly bellowing something, in Latin (of course, it could have been Italian, it was hard to say.)

"You leave her alone!" Razzaroo shouted angrily, bucking his talon off, as she spun around, as if by instinct. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" She demanded, her teeth clenched together in a seething rage, her body positioned like a mother bear trying to protecting her cubs. The creature slowly backed off in an exaggerated manner. "It's her special day!" She snorted, choosing to take a belligerent position -- something Skywishes had never seen the filly do! Ever!

"Temper! Temper!" The creature exclaimed, with a smirk. "Are you sore, simply because I made all your whole town disappear into the inky, 'oh my goodness where's everything' blackness?" He chuckled, with a mocking smile. "And what's this about a birthday?" The monster exclaimed, snapping his fingers, making party hats appear on both fillies' heads. "So is it just her birthday?" He asked, pointing at Skywishes. "Or is it yours too?" He inquired, pointing at Razzaroo, a snide expression appearing on his face..

The filly stepped back, a confused look on her face. How did the monster know?

"Oh don't worry dear!" He exclaimed, his expression turning a touch sadistic. "I didn't forget about your 'special' day dear!" He chuckled, as he pointed one of his talons at her, and pointed another into the air at a ninety degree angle to the first. "I've made sure to get you something extra, extra, special for your un-un-birthday!" He exclaimed wearing a rather tall fur top hat, as one claw searched through a bag, and the other held a 2d paper tea cup to his lips. "I really hope you like it," his disembodied mouth (and eyeballs) whispered in Razzaroo's ear, with a false earnesty.

The monster took a moment for a good giggle. Then he mouthed something, as he brought one talon down like a hammer. And, without fanfare, the purple earth pony immediately began to vanish into the darkness.

"What's happening?" Razzaroo shrieked, her white mane with its blue and pink highlights slowly losing their vibrant pascal colors as she proceeded to vanish into the darkness. "No! No! No!" She cried, pleading with the universe to survive.

"Bye bye!" The monster said, waving to the purple pony. "See yah! Wouldn't want to be ya!" He exclaimed, suddenly wearing baggy clothing, as he lay on his side, his crazy eighteenth century hat was now bent at a ridiculous angle, his talon running parallel to his body and his claw running perpendicular to his chest -- his face looking like he'd aged thirty years.

"Razzaroo!" Skywishes exclaimed in terror as her friend's green and blue two tone eyes began to vanish into the inky darkness. "Please!" She begged, turning to the monster, her eyes filled with tears. "I'll do anything!" She asked desperately. "Please bring her back!"

"Ho ho hah!" The monster just stood there bellowing, his laugh sounding a smidgen like an evil Santa Claus' laugh, his body now weighing like seven hundred pounds more, his face graced with a scraggly grey beard. "You're next!" He exclaimed, bringing the finger of his talon up to her face, and sticking it point blank between her eyes.

"Run Skywishes!" The ghostly form of Razzaroo shouted, futilely attempting to bite at the monster's claw. "Use your special wi -- !!" She exclaimed, finally disappearing entirely.

The monster groaned slightly, shaking his claw in discomfort. "That actually hurt a little!" He replied, showing his fang as he looked at the place the purple earth pony once stood.

Meanwhile, Skywishes didn't think twice, galloping away as fast as her legs would take her, the tears running down her cheeks. "I'll bring you back, my friend! I promise!" She announced leaving the square behind. "And the extra, extra, special wishes are those made for a friend!" She whispered to herself, wishing for her friend's safe return.

"What a fruitless gesture!" The monster hummed to himself, shaking his head at the spot where Razzaroo once stood. "It's not like she's going to get very far, and I doubt all the wishing and hoping in the world could help her now..." He snarled, shaking his head. "I'll give her thirty seconds then I'll be right there," he hummed checking the poorly drawn stopwatch on the back of his paw.

Skywishes continued on, galloping as fast as she was able. "I have to find Star Catcher! She'd know what to do!" She exclaimed to herself, looking back, for only a second, to see if the monster was still there.

Behind her the monster followed close behind, making cheesey car noises, as he drove a miniature car (that was probably five or ten sizes too small for him), a fez on his head, and a cheap looking red robe around his form.

"You ok?" Echoed Twinkle Twirl's voice through the ether, causing Skywishes to shake her head... Another one of those day dreams, and this one was a doozie too...

"Yeah... I'm fine..." Skywishes replied with a sigh. "I just had another one of those doozie daydreams, you know... the monster again."

Twinkle Twirl gave another frown. "I wish we could do something about that," she said, the melancholy in her voice, as her cheeks started to get noticeably wet.

"Yeah I know..." Skywishes replied, frowning herself. "I don't know why it keeps happening, but I'm having bad dreams almost nightly now..."

Twinkle Twirl gave a soft gulp, and turned to her friend. "Shall we see what's happening at the cafe?" She asked, giving a friend a smile, and tried to change the subject.

"I suppose so." Skywishes replied, a smile slowly returning to her face.

**********

Meanwhile inside the Cotton Candy Cafe, ponies discussed matters of urgent business, some of the more contentious points, of which, could be heard even from outside the cafe -- as the ponies diligently went back and forth on their plans.

"Oh wow!" Twinkle Twirl said, with a chuckle. "It sounds like they're already discussing it!" She said, with a playful chuckle, as discussion inside the cafe grew ever more rowdy.

"Sounds like they're trying to think of a way to surprise Kimono," Skywishes stated, as she got close enough to hear the discussion.

Twinkle Twirl breathed out slightly, making a understated raspberry, and a soft scoffing sound. "Good luck with that!" She said, with a giggle. "I'm not sure Kimono is even capable of being surprised."

Skywishes chuckled, and shot a smile to her partner in ballet. "Oh I'm sure we'll figure out a way eventually," she replied, with a confident smile. "Maybe I could make a wish for us to surprise Kimono... I mean to have a surprise party for Kimono... Ooh! You know what I mean!"

"Yeah, I suppose so," Twinkle Twirl replied, with a smile, as a familiar scene began to play out in the cafe.

**********

"Haha yah!" Exclaimed Minty, and Rainbow Dash in unison, as both stood up on only their back to legs -- tippy hoof -- to give each other the ultimate high hoof.

"I'm sorry to spoil the fun..." Pinkie said, playing the spoiled sport, with a frown as she tilted her head thoughtfully, her eyes looking upwards. "But Kimono is the wisest pony in the land!"

A universal sound of dismay lingered in the air as everypony spoke at once, a nervous sound in their voices -- one does not simply mislead Kimono, as the mare had a gift for reading between the lines. And that was not even considering the fact that she was the designated 'smartest pony in the land'.

"One of us has to go talk to her!" Cotton Candy said, as her head turned from Sweetberry to Minty.

"Absolutely!" Exclaimed Minty, agreeing with her friend, nodding her head with her normal enthusiasm.

"But that pony has to be clever!" Sparkleworks stated, looking around -- the rest of the ponies around her still holding their heads in shock (a general feeling of doom and gloom hovering dangerously over the scene.)

"Clearly!" Minty responded, with a chuckle, her eyes closed, and her head nodding.

Outside, an earth shattering revving could be heard, which drowned out the cafe's discussion -- had Bumbleberry 'souped up' her scooter to allow her to 'race from one adventure to another' that much faster (oh, and, probably, to ensure a greater number of scooter victories in the races against Scootaloo, and Flitter Flutter.) Or...

"Do you hear something?" Cotton Candy asked, interrupting Sweetberry. as she looked around, trying to figure out what that sound was, and where it was coming from.

Minty shook her head. "Not really!" She said, with a chuckle -- always amused with her own inner thoughts. "But it's hard to tell from the sound of Scootaloo's crazy scootering just outside the cafe!" She said, lowering her head for a chuckle.

A silent agreement was struck by all ponies, in attendance to ignore the ever growing racket.

"VERY CLEVER!!!" Sweet Berry shouted, at the top of her lungs, with a nod, trying to shout over the ever louder revving sounds coming from outside -- her expression showing her concern. "SHE HAS TO GET OUR PROBLEM SOLVED WITHOUT TELLING KIMONO WHY WE NEED TO KNOW!" She exclaimed, her voice hiccupping on the final few words.

"SAY AGAIN!!?" Minty shouted back, cupping her ear with her hoof, which warped around the curvature of the ear, like an invisible palm. "I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!"

"I SAID... " Sweet Berry shouted, starting the reiteration of her earlier statement.

As she was busy shouting, outside, a loud squealing could be heard as a scooter futilely tried to stop by slamming on the breaks.

From the large front window, a vehicle could be seen getting closer and closer, it's occupant desperately trying to stop or swerve the out of control vehicle, pounding her hooves on the steering wheel.

Back inside Sunny Daze, Sparkleworks, Rainbow Dash, Minty, Sweetberry, and Cotton Candy could be seen standing in a line.

"OH I GET IT!" Minty exclaimed enthusiastically, still trying to shout over the sounds of the scooter, as she stamped her hoof. The green pony with the pink and light pink striped mane gave a healthy chuckle, as she bowed her head. "ONE OF YOU NEEDS TO COME FORWARD AS A VOLUNTEER!!" She announced, loudly, taking a moment to look around at the other ponies (was it just her, or was that scootering sound getting louder?), for emphasis. She lowered her head to give a very healthy chuckle.

The other ponies gave the only healthy response -- they all backed up while the mint green pony stood in place, her eyes closed, and her head lowered in her exuberant chuckle.

The green pony finally opened her eyes, looking back, she realized what had gone wrong. --

**********

Meanwhile... outside...

"Oh no!" Twinkle Twirl shrieked in panic, as the motorized scooter, and it's orange earth pony passenger tried valiantly to stop -- only to find that the earth pony with the pink and purple striped mane had pressed her hoof down a little too far on the motorized scooter's gas pedal, and now couldn't stop.

"Yeeow!!" Skywishes shrieked in horror as she jumped to the side, just narrowly avoiding the scooter as it crashed through the window they had been peering through, and took a good chunk of the wall with it.

It's safe to say that, at that point, that Cotton Candy's face turned from it's normal dark pink color to more of a beet red, or even a bright cherry red -- as the mare, for the first time that anyone could remember, suddenly found herself without the words to speak, and instead starting stuttering violently.

"Whoops!" Scootaloo said, half heartedly. "Sorry!" She said, sounding more embarrassed, than actually sorry. "I'm sure I can just fix it Cotton, easy peasy," she replied, with a chuckle, in an attempt to 'defuse' the situation.

Cotton Candy stood there, absolutely flummoxed. What even was there to say? After minutes of the lips of her beet red face moving silently, one thing finally came to mind. "MY CAFE!" She shrieked, in utter horror. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BEAUTIFUL CAFE!?" She shouted, the words finally coming unstuck.

"Sorry about that!" Scootaloo exclaimed, finally expressing the littlest amount of recalcitrance. It didn't last long, though, before the filly's pride got the better of her, again. "But don't you think this boring old place looks better now, anyway?" She said, turning to Rainbow Dash, her hoof extended for a high five.

Cotton Candy, however, was not impressed, as she started sweating, and gnashing her teeth...

"Ohhhh!" Pinkie exclaimed, in concern, seeing the, normally, pink mare begin to change beet red again. "Are you ok Cotton Candy?" She asked, receiving no response from the mare whose expression began to show more and more agitation.

Finally Cotton Candy opened her mouth, again, and let rip a blood curtling, eardrum shattering shout. "SCOOTALOO!!!!"

"Relax!" Scootaloo exclaimed, with a chuckle, a slight scoffing sound coming out of her lips. "Everything will be fine," she continued, with a giggle as she performed a single forward backward wave with her hoof.

"No it won't!" Cotton Candy replied, furiously. "I mean just look at this!" She exclaimed, in dismay, her hoof motioning at the Hole In The Wall (). "I mean who's going to fix my wall!?" She asked, in rhetorical form. "Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow opened her mouth, in opposition, but Cotton Candy held her hoof out, silencing the prissy mare -- she was making a point.

"Well, maybe I can make it up to you?" Scootaloo replied, backing off slightly -- Cotton Candy was surprisingly spooky when she got angry... "Maybe I can do some chores for you, or something?" She asked, finally beginning to sweat.

Cotton Candy put a hoof on her forehead, the filly was incorrigible, and an endless troublemaker, but she had to calm down... After all, Cherry Blossom's sister meant well, even if she did, kind of come across a little bit prickly... And spoiled... And... "Well, you know what, Scootaloo -- " she said, calming down enough now that her face wasn't a cherry color. "how about you help Minty here get advice from Kimono about her charm bracelet, without letting her know about her birthday, or her charm bracelet."

"ppffffff" Scootaloo exclaimed, a mild scoffing sound coming from her lips. "Easy peasy!" She exclaimed, waving her hoof again. "I don't even need Minty!" She announced, with a self confident chuckle, as she self confidently galloped out the door. "Just watch me!" She exclaimed, galloping off into the sunset (only to return five minutes later, to drag her trashed scooter out of the wall, to -- unsuccessfully drive it off.)

"That's what I'm concerned about!" Razzaroo replied, putting her hoof on her forehead. "Yes. Yes. Yes."

Rainbow Dash stood there with a very puzzled Minty (this was odd...) "I guess you're off the hook, Minty darling," she said, slowly, as she glared out the door at a, once again, retreating Scootaloo.

Minty looked forward, a startled, and very confused expression filling her face. "What just happened?" She asked of all ponies in the room, who simply shrugged their withers. "I mean one moment I was going to go to ask for advice from Kimono, and the next thing I know -- "

PreviousChapters Next