• Published 12th Nov 2014
  • 2,260 Views, 48 Comments

Minty Image - mintgreenconspiracy



When Minty Christmas doesn't go as it normally would. A secret about Minty, G3 Rainbow Dash, and G3 Pinkie Pie comes out, that may very well change everything, forever.

  • ...
1
 48
 2,260

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6-3: Morning in G3 Ponyville shines! And I know for absolute certain! That everything is certainly... fine?

"Hmm..." Belladonna said to herself. "My pppeeerrrray is within my grasp." She said, noticing that the necklace, that she was holding, beginning to glow an eerie light. "She must be that way." She said, pointing in the direction that caused the necklace to grow the most brightly. "All I have to do is -- "

"Home Ec teacher Catrina?" A voice came from behind, causing the assassin to jump slightly -- trying to embed her claws fingers in the ceiling.

"What do you want?" The assassin shouted furiously, turning around to find out who was speaking to her.

Behind her stood an old woman with peach skin, and greying hair, the last few pink strands of it still, barely visible, turning to the old witch -- the woman's dress containing a large and very distinctive quilting patch. "I thought you retired decades ago?" She asked with glee, her yellow eyes looking the assassin up and down. "What brings you back to Equestria High?" She asked, trying to make small talk.

The old witch wretched -- how dare this old goat bug her while she was in the process of finishing the work of the hive! Maybe she'd have to show her what comes to those who pestered her! A little swig of her witch weed potion and --

"Though you really shouldn't be wandering the halls without a permit." The old woman said, insistently. "Vice principal Luna would have my hide if I didn't -- "

The witch did a doubletake, carefully putting the vile of witching potion back down below her neckline. "Vice pppppeeerrrincipal Luna?" The old witch sneered, eagerly -- perhaps she might have some fun this mission, after all. "Why, terribly sorry about that mrs -- ?"

"Patch..." The women said, her face dropping in a mix of sorrow, and concern. "You don't remember me Catrina? I was your student, back, in the day, before you were fired by Principal Majesty." The old woman said, with melancholy. "Poor thing, must have been hard, it was the same year that you lost Rep..."

Belladonna snarled quietly. Yes she recalled now. She hoped, to this day, that Majesty burned for that indignantly! And for her role in Rep's end! And, of course, the ponies would pay dearly for her loss! Of course she should also probably thank old Majesty, it was after Rep's passing that she realized just how transient and fragile love could really be. "Oh well." She said, with a fake smile. "These things happen, so no hard feelings." She said, dishonestly. "Though I really should find Luna, I've been rehired -- you know, I had to get reemployed... the economy and all that."

"Oh yes!" The old woman agreed. "I've been forced to do the same. The grandchildren want me to retire, but I just can't..." She said, with a frown, her voice trailing off. "I'd go broke if I did." She said, sadly. "But good luck, Catrina, Luna should be over there, -- " She said, pointing down the hall. " -- take the third hall, -- " She said. twisting her wrist to point right. " -- then the second right, then she should be the fourth door.

"Oh of course." Belladonna said, with a sneer. "I'll go and talk to her for you, and we'll meet later to reconnect." She lied -- figuring her counterpart was probably long gone, and when the senile old mare figured it out Catrina would be long gone -- target in hoof.

Though it was fortunate that her mark was nearby -- because she'd be able to have a talk with them after she finished with 'Vice Principal Luna'. She sneered again -- after all, Tirek's work is never done.

**********

"You two sit there!" Iron Will demanded, sternly -- pulling out his wrestling voice (the middle aged man still loved to wrestle in his free time, like he did when he was a young man -- to this day, it still made him feel young again -- though, these days, he was forced to spend his time mostly teaching PE, and giving pep speeches -- a necessity as his age was slowly starting to get to him.) "Principal Celestia will be with you shortly."

"So are we going to wait for the old bat?" Phytolacca said, with incredulity. "I mean I have better things to do than wait around for some old dinosaur to show up.

"Hush..." Solanaceae said, taking a careful listen to a conversation between the secretary, and Iron Will. "I want to hear this."

"What do you mean Principal Celestia won't be back from her meeting for a few more minutes? I found two delinquents out there, slinking around, and skipping the classes." He shouted, with a scowl, his hand pounding on the desk. "I demand that something be done about this!" He said, his face scowling a bit with anger. "We've let too much slide as it is! Don't think the students didn't notice how we let little miss. sunshine get away with tearing the front off of the school." He continued, before his face turned softer and more satirical. "Oh lay off of her Iron Will. She said she was sorry." He finished with a falsetto.

"I know, Mr. Will." The secretary responded, calmly. "But there's nothing we can do, the Principal has to finish her meeting with Superintendent Tirek, -- " she said, calmly, her hands and arms raised in a shrug. " -- it's vital to getting the funding we need to finish repairs to the school that we needed after that whole... Demon incident!" She said, looking around uncomfortably. "So you see, Mr. Will, that the delinquents will simply have to wait." She said, with an overstated shrug.

"Fine!" The man said, with a sigh -- proceeding to walk away. "But I can't stick around her, -- " he said, sternly -- taking another look at his watch. " -- my lunch break is over in a couple of minutes, and I need to be in class at that point."

"So it would appear that 'the principal' won't be back for a few more minutes." Solanaceae said, stroking his chin with his hand. "Maybe now would be a time to look around for our mark." He said, pointing to the principal's door. "Would you mind doing the honors?" He said, turning to an eager Phytolacca.

"You mean by breaking and entering?" Solanaceae's fellow assassin said, with a smirk. "Oh and spying at private records?..." He asked, rubbing his hands together eagerly. "Why certainly!" The assassin responded, with glee. "Allow me!" He said, starting to giggle manically. "But I would recommend that you don't stand a pawn's, rook's or bishop's move from the door -- just saying." He said, as he took a small sewing needle and chucked it at the lock -- causing the needle to enter the hole with a surprising amount of accuracy.

After a few minutes, sickening sounds could be heard coming out of the lock as the needle bounced, and rebounded around in the lock -- moving and warping metal as it bounced around. Eventually causing the door knob to fell clean off with a loud clanking.

"Gee..." The older of the two assassin's responded, with a chuckle after hearing a clunk that, quite frankly, should have woken the dead. "I would've expected the secretary to come running with a loud sound like that."

"Oh she didn't hear a thing." Solanaceae responded, with a smirk. "When I heard the sickening sounds coming from the object around her head from feet away (who knew that Principal Celestia's secretary was a fan of heavy metal pop r&b rap viking rock fusions?), I knew she wouldn't be able to hear anything we did." He said, pushing the door open, gently.

"Gee..." Phytolacca said, with bemusement. "I'd expect there to be pictures on this wall." He said, examining the wall right inside the door. "In fact, I may have been right, it looks like something used to hang here to boot," he said, touching the wall and comparing the dust levels at one location vs the other.

"Don't worry about the old crow's portraits of her ex." The senior of the two assassin's said, pointing at a few filing cabinets. "I need these opened!" He shouted to his fellow conspirator, pointing at some filing cabinets.

"Got it!" His fellow assassin said, using a couple of needles to pick the locks.

Solanaceae gave Phytolacca a baffled look, and pointing to his collection of needles.

"What?" The other assassin responded. "Were you expecting me to waste more of my magic on a couple of filing cabinets?"

Solanaceae nodded, still surprised that the other assassin wasn't using his signature ability.

"Look! It would be a waste of my magic, and besides." He said, with a chuckle. "I learned this trick stealing some of the placement tests for the EUP guard to impress daddy with my test scores." He said, with a chuckle. "How do you think I became one of Celestia's royal guards? Merit?" He laughed, getting a knowing nod from his compatriot.

"Shush!" Solanaceae said, pointing to the cabinets. "Turn them upside down, and find anypony with any connection to this symbol!" He said, showing the other assassin a picture of the necklace that Belladonna was currently holding onto.

"Naturally!" The other assassin said, as they both began to pour papers and documents onto Celestia's office floor.

After a couple of minutes Solanaceae gave a squeal of glee. "Just as I suspected!" He said, with a smile, turning to his assistant, who was now covered in papers. "Take a look at this, and tell me what you see on her shirt?"

He shrugged, the symbol on the girl's shirt wasn't all that special. "It's a picture of a sun! What's so special about that?" He asked, nonchalantly. "I thought I saw one of those weird bipeds with a skull on his shirt." Phytolacca said, with a lack of interest.

"Look more closely." Solanaceae replied, putting the picture of the necklace next to the school portrait.

"It's the same symbol." Phytolacca said, in utter surprise, a theory beginning to form itself in the assassin's mind. "Then that means that we need to find out the whereabouts of mrs..." He said, trailing off as he read the name at the top of the file. "Sunset Shimmer..." He said, with a smirk, pulling out a needle. "So all I need to do is look at the class registrations in the filing cabinets in the next room and -- "

"Why is lock to my office's door laying on the floor?" An older female asked, standing in the doorway, tapping her foot impatiently. "And why are you two snooping around my office instead of being in class!" She asked, with incredulity (was she looking at more bullies? Blackmail? Or, were these two acting as paparazzi for their blog?) She looked down at the file in the onyx human's hands -- a file she recognized intimately. "And why do you need to know where Sunset Shimmer is at this hour?" She asked, walking up towards the two assassin's, her looking of agitation slowly growing.

"Sorry principal." Solanaceae replied, dishonestly, giving his best fake apology face. "I'm sorry, you were right! We were trying to find out some dirt we could get on her as revenge on her for blackmailing us back at... the... um...." He said, thinking of a decent excuse. What kinds of holidays might these bizarre creatures celebrate?

"Winter Promenade?" The principal asked, a smirk gracing her face.

"Yeah!" Phytolacca replied, quickly. "We were angry about her... um... blackmailing us right before the Winter Promenade and ... "

"Phytolacca!" Solanaceae quickly shouted, his face filling with terror. "She made that up! There is no Winter Promenade!" He said, immediately seeing through the teacher's rouse.

"Smart boy!" Celestia responded. "You aren't from this school are you?" She responded, getting serious -- her body slowly backing towards the door, and one of her panic buttons.

"Horse Apples!" Solanaceae responded, swearing like a sailor -- his fairy wings unfurling as he took a quick jump back.

The principal's face lost all color as she staggered back, on the verge of fainting. "You aren't even from this world are you? You're from that other world, like Sunset and the Dazzlings aren't you?" She said, turning to run -- forgetting all about her panic button.

Solanaceae and Phytolacca looked at each other, sharing a quick smirk, as the other changeling unfurled his wings, and they both took belligerent stances.

Solanaceae gave a sadistic smile, feeling invigorated, his chance finally coming to do battle with the counterpart of one of Equestria's deity princesses. "I guess, Celestia's counterpart is just as perceptive as she is..." He continued, raising his hand, and pointing a finger at the fleeing principal. "Too bad, I suspect her counterpart isn't a quarter as magical," he announced, his advantage soon to play in his favor.

**********

Belladonna smirked. Yes! She needed to see Vice Principal Luna... You know... To get her hall pass, and assignments! And not at all to have revenge on the hated princess' counterpart!

"Excuse me young lady." Belladonna said, talking to a purple and aquamarine haired student, with mulberry eyes, and fuchsia skin. "I'm looking for the Vice Principal's office!" She said, with a false benevolence. "You see I'm going to be hired as the new home ec teacher, and I needed to finish my paperwork." She lied.

The student gave an uninterested expression -- baring the fear that showed in her eyes -- looking up and down 'the teacher's' form carefully.

"Is something wrong, deary?" 'The teacher' purred. "You feeling uncomfortable?"

"No." The student replied deadpan. "I just... Have to go... To the bathroom... The vice principal's office is over there." She said, pointing calmly, at the office, pausing frequently 'to think'.

"Of course." The witch said, with a glimmer in her eye. It was a good thing she brought her witching potion, because, as she suspected, the child was going to pull in just the ponies she wanted, and needed. But first, she had an appointment with the vice principal. She thought, with a glimmer in her eye.

Apparently all the rubbish -- or students, as they called themselves -- had decided to clear out, which was ok with Belladonna, she didn't really want all those ruffians in her way anyways.

She walked over, and carefully tapped on the vice principal's door -- concocting an elaborate excuse as to why she had been sent there. A sinister smile growing in the meantime (oh this would, most certainly, be fun!)

"Excuse me." She purred, waiting for the vice principal's response. "I know you weren't expecting me for a few more days, but I'm the new home ec teacher, and the district has ordered me to show up a few days early for my orientation."

Luna opened the door slowly, showing her serious face. "I'm sorry, but I wasn't been informed of a new home ec teacher. " She said flatly -- closing the blinds (for maximum effect) -- her face showing no small amount suspicion.

"Well I was told to show up this morning!" The changeling assassin purred, slowly entering the door -- where she could drop all pretenses. "So maybe we should go into your office, and... discuss things!"

"Very well." The vice principal said, walking over to her phone -- and making sure to put one finger on the panic button. "So tell me more about 'you being hired' mrs..." She said, before stopping -- her face growing pale as she began to recognize a form she hadn't seen since kindergarten -- it wasn't possible! It just couldn't be! She retired years ago! And to make things even more spookie, Luna was certain that the old teacher had already passed on!.. Years ago!

"Home ec teacher Catrina?" Luna said, in abject panic. "You got fired while my sister and I were in training pants for larceny, theft, extortion, and the abusing of child labor laws." She said, spouting off a laundry list of offenses. "... But mostly because we have no need for home ec any more! Besides, home ec is sexist!" She said, stammering like she'd seen a ghost.

The old cat smiled, her pupils dilating into the shape of daggers. "Then maybe I should make this quick." She smirked, taking a swig of a vial full of a foul smelling liquid that hung from around her neck. "Are you ready to battle now?" She asked, the principal of the night, whom, at this point, was backing away slowly. Belladonna was certainly glad, at this point, that she drank some of her witching potion, because she knew, for a fact, that this would be a difficult battle! After all, this was the princess of the night! And she was, by far, the most crafty and battle hardened of Equestria's four princesses; she was, after all, the best warrior of the four, striding over the other three in battle, like a titon!

Her plan, therefore was simple! She'd throw a fake blow -- using only a fraction of her energy, and then -- ...

She floored the vice principal with the quick jab. There was no dodge! No fight! No nothing, one quick blow that immediately floored her.

"Gee...." The changeling said, in confusion. "That was... alot easier... Then I was expecting." She said, her eyes as big as plates, as she examined her paw, with awe. Did she just do what she thought she did? Did she just floor the Princess of the Night's counterpart with but one blow? "I didn't even get to use the vast magics of my witching potion." She said, with disappointment.

Belladonna frowned. That was a let down for her. Oh well! Maybe she could take her disappointment out on the vice principal or --

"Sunset! Vice principal down!" A pink human with bright pink hair cried, making siren sounds, dragging a child's red wagon behind her -- that the assassin had no idea how she obtained.

Belladonna smirked, as the six human children approached, and the necklace she held started glowing violently. Apparently she was right to let that student go -- she did, after all, do exactly what Belladonna wanted, and brought the bearor right to her.

**********

Phytolacca turned to his boss, his eyes filled with disdain. "What do you mean you just put her to sleep? This is our chance to rid ourselves of the hated Celestia! Our chance to be the heros of the hive!" He said, with anger, and profound disappointment.

"No!" Solanaceae said, shaking his head, sternly. "This wasn't the real Celestia -- only her counterpart -- and I'm worried that destroying this world's Celestia would disobey Star Swirl's fourteenth law of cross dimensional travel.

Phytolacca used his hand to fake the bantering of the senior of the two assassins, lip syncing the words like he was part of a boy band. "Yeah... I know!" He said, deadpan. "The one where we can cause both universes to collide ... blah blah blah! End of the universe! Possibly all universes! Yakkity Yakkity Yak!" He said, unconvinced. "Are you sure we can't finish her?" He said, grabbing another needle, and pulling it back for a quick chuck..

"No!" Solanaceae commanded, grabbing his compatriots' hand and needle in his magic. "Finishing her would only serve to alert Celestia to our plans! And we have to find five bearers including Sunset first!" He said, motioning down the hall. "Now come along!" He commanded his colleague -- pulling him with his magic.

"Meh!" Phytolacca said, unimpressed. "It just won't be the same!" He moaned, looking at his hands. "Oh well! Let's find Belladonna!" He shouted eagerly, still hoping for a fight.

"I'm actually surprised." Solanaceae commented, with a frown. "I had expected Celestia's counterpart to be less of a pushover!" He said, with disappointment, looking at his feet. "Oh well!" He said, shrugging his shoulders. "Belladonna should know about this Sunset -- and I'm sure our liege will be very impressed with how quickly we completed this mission!" He said, putting some pep into his step.

"Oh I think she already does!" Phytolacca giggled, as a scrambling could be heard nearby. "Apparently Sunset decided to find us." He said, with a smirk. "And I do hope that she and her friends put up a fight!" He said, with the giggles. "I was looking for something to do!" He said, racing out into the hallway.

**********

Applejack frowned, looking down at the crumpled body of the vice principal -- her hand crumpled into a tight fist. "When teh dazzlings, of all people, told us that teh vice principal was in trouble..." She said, with a slight blush. "well ah cain't say ah believed them at first. But apparently the proof is in teh puddin'." She said, giving the look over to the assailant. An old women with fairy wings that kind of looked like an anthropomorphic cat. "She's an ugly one ain't she." Applejack said, giving the monster a look straight in the eyes.

Rainbow scoffed slightly, her face remaining fierce despite what would normally be considered a passable joke. "I'd still make sure we keep a pair of eyes to look around, incase the dazzlings decide to jump us from the lockers or something." She said, pointing to Pinkie. "Pinkie: why don't you and Fluttershy keep an eye open, incase the dazzlings 'return to help' or something?"

"Sure thing!" Pinkie said, dutifully, snapping to attention. making like a night watchman on an old sailing vessel (tipping to a 75 degree angle, and all.)

Sunset frowned. This was worse than she thought! Not only were these monsters quickly able to take down the vice principal, but they had apparently already transformed to boot (she could tell the moment she saw the creature's wings jutting out.) She sighed to herself silently -- her mind filled with self doubt -- Maybe she should have brought the book after all? But Aria had been so insistent that they hurry, saying, emphatically, that she had seen some strange people wandering around, and that one had already assaulted her (mind you, she probably exaggerated somewhat, but she did have revenge to think about, after all.)

"So." Applejack whispered, turning to Sunset. "Yah think we can take 'em?" She whispered as softly as she could.

"Of course!" Rainbow whispered, with conviction. "All we gotta do is have Sunset help us with that whole Anthro-Rainbow-beam thing and we'll take her down easy!" She said, mimicking a pair of horse ears with her hands. "We won't even have to break a sweat -- ten seconds flat!" She said, waving her hand in a line -- it took more than a super spooky D-grade movie monster to scare the one... the only... Rainbow Dash!

"Ah hope so!" Applejack said, apprehensively -- lacking both Rainbow Dash's confidence, and bluster. "Ah hope so!"

"Quick girls!" Sunset commanded. "Get close to me!" She ordered, sounding much more confident than she really felt. "I really wish Twilight were here! She'd be able to do this easy, and I'm not sure I have it in me!" She thought, fighting very hard not to keep her face from dropping.

A song played in the background "Honesty... Kindness... Laughter..." As the girls puffed out their chests, and prepared for the anthro transformation and ...

"Pinkie? Could you knock that off please dear?" Rainbow asked, with agitation turning to Pinkie. "That music is starting to get on my nerves!"

"Sorry!" Pinkie said, with a blush, putting her boom box away.

"Now where were we?" Sunset replied, as they went back to their positions waiting for the inevitable... Earth shattering! Villain squishing! Evil stopping! Burst of ... Nothing...

"Wowwee!" Pinkie said, eagerly. "I'm all anthro! I have ears and a tail!" She said, with a huge grin. "Now this is the part of the movie where we form the heart, and then blast with an orbital rainbow blast of friendship and send her packing!" She said, waiting for a second. "Any second now...." She said, still filled with denial. "And it's a beauty!"

"Uh Pinkie..." Fluttershy said, frowning slightly. "I don't think it worked." She said, still looking like herself, shaking like a leaf. "I think we might be in trouble!"

"Oh you girls had me for a second!" Belladonna said, her face growing fierce. "I was having flashbacks. And I don't like rainbows!!" She said, still shuddering at the words of the Megan (also known as the tribal deity of the unicorns) as she summoned her rainbow with the words 'Do your thing Rainbow!' Belladonna growled, showing her fangs. "And I don't like flashbacks!" She said, her eyes dilating into the shape of daggers again, and her claws extending. "Now are you going to hand over the bearer quietly? Or am I going to have to get rough." The old changeling assassin said, with a smile -- her anger being redirected into a sadistic mirth, and she pointed her claw at Sunset Shimmer.

Applejack, glanced and Rainbow Dash, and nodded -- they had to do something, no matter how stupid it really was!

Rainbow returned the nod, and started sprinting face first at the trained assassin. "I can do rough!" She said, with confidence. "I'll show you why I'm the queen of the rugby, and football teams! (American football, though she prefered the non-American version -- also known, in america, as soccer.)

"Sunset run!" Applejack shouted, herself running towards the trained assassin -- throwing herself at the monster.

Sunset nodded, and started sprinting down the hall the other way. "I'll be back for you guys as soon as I can contact Twilight." She said, somberly to herself. "Please be ok! Twilight would never speak to me again if you weren't!" She said to herself, with a frown, the tears starting to flow down her cheaks.

"That was a pointless gesture." Belladonna purred evilly, taking a deep breath, and blowing a whirlwind at point blank range of Rainbow and Applejack, sending them both flying into a wall.

"Did that hurt?" She purred, as both girls staggered back to their feet -- pained looks on their faces. "But don't worry!" She said, with a chuckle. "If it didn't then I can simply blow harder!" She said, taking a good breath in, incase she wanted to blow out another whirlwind. "And don't worry about being left out!" She said, turning to the other girls. "There's a lot more where that's coming from!" She said, taking a break to give a strong laugh from her belly. "Of course, you can make it stop if you turn her over to us." She said, gleefully -- by now certain that Sunset's friends would be feeling betrayed, and would happily hand her over so that she could go back to her pony hunt.

"Never!" Applejack wheezed slightly as she talked, still defiant. "We'll never give her over to the likes of ya'll!"

Belladonna smirked. "We'll see." She said, walking over, putting a claw to the human's chin. "Though I wouldn't be so sure of that!"

**********

Sunset sprinted, running down the hall. However, her trip only made it as far as the principal's office, before a javelin came flying out of nowhere, landing mere inches from her feet.

"Going somewhere?" A balding teenager with onyx black skin, and a pair of fairy wings said. "You wouldn't be trying to get in contact with princess Twilight would you?" He said, with a chuckle. "My boss wouldn't like that!" He said, waiting for emphasis before putting his hand to his mouth. "Actually!" He said, in a pretend whisper. "Please try!" He said, pointing to his boss, who was carrying an unconscious principal Celestia by the neck. "That way my boss has an excuse to get rid of that meddlesome Celestia's counterpart." He said, with a morbid glee. "You know... that kind pony who took you in and then promptly abandoned for power..." He said, getting shocked look from Sunset. "You don't think we can't pull out biographical information, if we need?" He said, with a chuckle, fumbling a needle out of his bag. "You belong with us!!!"

Sunset frowned, looking back, she could see her friends being thrown around like rag dolls by the first assassin. And standing between her and her locker were two more -- one, though looking no older than this dimensions crusader's, gave off the aura of one who was surprisingly magically adapt. She could try running around them, though she might have trouble squeezing through. Maybe there was another way? Hopefully she learned something from those soccer lesson's Rainbow gave her when they became friends for real.

The child opened his mouth, showing a pair of fangs. "I wouldn't even think of running Sunset, if I were you..." He said, growing serious. "You see!" He said, laying out his demands. "For each minute that we are forced to wait for your surrender, we will make sure that one of your friends..." He said, intentionally trailing off. "Well... It won't be pretty." He cautioned -- trailing off again. "Do you get the point?"

Sunset frowned, what was she going to do? On one hoof she absolutely had to contact the princess -- both worlds probably depended on it! But on the other hoof, what would happen if they weren't bluffing? What 'consequences' did these horrible ponies have in store for her friends? She thought, her mind starting to go feryl slightly -- dropping back to pony terms, something she hadn't used in years.

In the end, Sunset had to take a risk, her friends were making a huge sacrifice -- knowing what they were getting into -- and Twilight was the only one who could help, and Sunset knew it. So it was decided, Sunset would get Twilight. She just had to hope this maneuver worked! She held her breath as she sprinted towards the taller of the two monsters, practicing a trick she learned from dash -- first breaking into a full sprint, and then sliding between the legs of the bigger of the two changelings.

Sunset looked on as the two monsters stood behind her. But her wonder quickly ceased as the cries of her friends brought the reality of the situation to her mind. So she did the only thing she could -- she sprinted towards the locker as quickly as she could.

Solanaceae scowled -- starting to make chase, only to be stopped by one of his fellow assassin's needles. "Why'd you let her go?" He scowled to the other assassin. "We can't let her get away! What if she brings the princess into this (and not just Twilight, but one that actually knows what they are doing.)

"Oh she's not going anywhere." The other changeling said, with a chuckle. "How long do you think half the time between here and her locker is?" He shouted, raising his voice more the further Sunset got away.

The assassin head shrugged, five minutes tops.

"So!" He shouted, making sure she could hear him as she ran down the hall. "I'll give her four minutes to return, before I start doing permanent damage to her friends." He said, with a chuckle. "Shall we see how Belladonna is doing?" He replied, walking towards the vice principal's office, making sure to drag the principal behind him (for insurance, incase something actually went wrong.)

**********

Belladonna purred with glee, watching three bearers frozen in fright, one lying on the ground -- wheezing in pain -- and one more held precariously from her hand. Oh it reminded her of a moment, oh so long ago.

"Do you surrender? I want Sunset, and I won't leave without her!" He said, with a chuckle. "The hive has a mission for her!"

"NO!" The three remaining fools shouted, defiantly.

"Very well!" She purred, deciding to have a do over of her great defeat, this time for a position of authority. "Then I want you to be my slaves!" She shouted, holding up Rainbow by one hand, and ... nothing in the other...

The answer of course was obvious. "What... the... hey is she even talking about?" Applejack asked, with a wheeze -- staggering to get back to her feet.

"NO!" Pinkie shouted, getting into the act, her voice starting out low and then raising, before dropping again. "Hey everyone why aren't you joining in?" She asked, motioning for everyone else to join in. "We're all supposed to shout NO all at once, and we need to do it low to high and then back to low again for emphasis! It'll be great!"

Everyone, including the assassin stared at her, wondering what she was talking about. Had the girl gone mad?

"If I spare the Rainbow, will you be my slaves?" She asked, holding Rainbow Dash over a trashcan. Gee? This moment was getting a little too familiar wasn't it?

"Hey!" Rainbow shouted, angrily. "Why am I the bargaining chip here?" She wheezed, angrily. "Why can't Rarity, or Pinkie be the bargaining chip for a change?" She shouted, not really expecting an answer.

"Has the dear lost her mind?" Rarity asked, looking on in puzzlement -- and at least a little concern.

"NO!" Pinkie shouted, once again, joining in the act (her voice doing a bad impression of Sandy Duncan's.)

This time joined by Rainbow Dash. "I'm not going to be your slave! So let me down!" She shouted, starting to kick at her captor.

"Then say goodbye to Baby Moondancer!" She shouted, dropping.... nobody... nowhere...

"Oh..." She said, looking around cluelessly, before a a blush finally crossed her face -- having realized her mistake (yeah maybe she got a little too eager to rewrite history.) But not to worry! She'd fix it with this part! "Then say goodbye to Rainbow Dash!" She said, dropping Rainbow in a trashcan.

Hmm... alot less epic then she hoped... Maybe back to the old plan she sighed to herself.

"Give me Sunset!" She shouted, swiping her claw, intending to give someone a nasty cut -- though it only got halfway before the other two assassin's arrived, and the senior (and younger of the two stopped her claw with his magic.)

"Uh! Uh! Uh!" Phytolacca said, with a chuckle. "We're giving Sunset four more minute before we start finishing them." He replied, looking over his motley looking resistance. "How about you keep the authorities out of our way." He said, with a smirk. "They'll probably be arriving soon." He said, to his feline cohort, with a smirk. "Though I was hoping to be the one to stop them..." He said, with a shrug. "I guess nothing beats Belladonna and her witch weed potion for stopping crowds." He said, turning his head to the side.

"Fine." She whined. "But you two had better bring her back." Belladonna moaned, once again feeling imposed upon. "I'll have to bug Starlight Glimmer when I get back! I think it's time to demand a cutie mark upgrade!" She thought to herself, with a chuckle.

"Oh we will!" Phytolacca said, with a smirk. "WE will." He said, turning to the five element bearers. "So who wants the next turn? I'd be more than happy to play if anyone is interested!" He said, checking to see if anyone was interested. "No one?" He said, turning his head down, with a loud sigh. "I was really hoping that someone would want to fight!" He said, changing to a shrug. "Oh well!" He said, turning his head to the side.

"Whatever shall we do?" Rarity said, with a frown. "Just look at Rainbow and Applejack!" She said, looking at her friends -- neither of which looked like they could take any more. "There is no possible way they can take any more." She said, seeing Sunset Shimmer racing down the hallway towards them, an open book in her hands. "But maybe there is something I can do." She said, walking gingerly towards the assassins -- making sure to sway her sides in a certain way.

"Excuse me gents." She said, gracefully. "But I certainly couldn't help but notice that you have absolutely fabulous wings -- " She said, deceitfully, hoping to grab the two males' attentions.

"Dear princess Twilight," Sunset wrote hastily in the diary as she sprinted towards the office.

"If you get any closer." Phytolacca warned. "I might have to force you to back off." He warned, smelling a rat -- though his face looked like it smelled a girl.

"Oh come now gents." Rarity replied, with a chuckle. "I couldn't help but look! I've just always dreamed of having wings like those." She commented, trying to feel one of the changeling's wings, giving Sunset a silent but noticeable wink, causing him to shake slightly -- a blush materializing on his face. "Certainly there's no need for violence, Sunset has a whole nother minute or two and -- "

"It's Sunset Shimmer! I have urgent news that -- " She started writing, before being unable to finish, as the book was short out of her hands by bolts of lighting from somewhere.

"Sorry!" The old cat said, with a laugh. "Did that lightning get too close?" She said, with a sinister smirk. "But I don't appreciate you disobeying orders!" She hissed, her eyes changing again.

"Phytolacca!" She shouted to her companion. "Sunset's tried to contact princess Starplot!" She shouted angrily. "What do you think we should do?"

"Oh ho!" Phytolacca laughed, with realization, his face dropping like a stone -- the goofy smile that had been growing on it hastily vanishing. "You were trying to trick me?" He said, evilly, causing Rarity to back up.

"Well... you see... I...." Rarity stammered, trying to regain her composure.

"Uh uh uh!" The changeling said, with a mischievous gleam in his eyes. "Maybe a lesson should be given." He said, as he sent four of his needles flying.

Rarity gave out a shriek, cowering violently imagining the gaping hole she would have -- only to realize something. She was ok!

She felt herself up and down. Thank goodness she was ok! She could only imagine what the monster could have done to her!

At least she thought she was ok...

Well she had no noticeable cuts, or scrapes... Or bruises! So she had to be...

So what was that monster aiming at? She asked, coming to another realization. Was it just her, or did she feel a breeze? And did those two male creeps have a goofy expression on their faces.

"Oh dear!" She thought, as she fainted in place.

"She ain't gunna like that when she wakes up" Applejack said, with a frown, struggling to rise again.

"The boss doesn't want me to do away with her so I killed her fashion!" He said, with a chuckle. "So any of you want round two?" He chuckled, pointing the needle at different people. "Come on? No one!" He said, his chuckle turning to a belly laugh again.

Applejack finished staggering to her feet, and starting staggering towards the monster again.

"You ready to surrender Sunset." The monster asked, seeing Sunset's face contort with indecision.

"Don't give up Sunset!" Applejack grunted, a split second, before she fell back to the ground -- a pained expression on her face, as one arm held the other.

"Applejack! Your arm!" Fluttershy gasped, in horror.

"Now are you ready to surrender, Sunset?" Solanaceae asked again.

"Don't do it!" Applejack groaned, staying put this time.

The other girls started to join in.

"I wouldn't recommend that!" Solanaceae cautioned, with a chuckle. "The girls can't take anymore, and I don't recommend that you push it any further!"

"Weh just need to stall them a little longer, till the gate closes, then we'll be able ta handle ya at any point." Applejack said, thinking of the strategy that stopped the dazzlings for thousands of years.

Solanaceae laughed. "Too bad that won't work!" He said, lifting up a finger to lecture. "You see, Twilight's not the only one who can open and close the gate at will!" He said, wagging his finger at his opponents. "And worse case we can come again at some time that you won't expect!" He said, with a chuckle. "When you or your friends will be most vulnerable, Sunet!" He said, looking at Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash. "Or we could simply take our frustrations out on your sisters, or someone's number one fan." He said, zipping up to Rainbow Dash's side, and standing cheek to cheek with her.

"Why you!" Rainbow shouted, as well as she could. "How dare you threaten the squirt!"

Solanaceae sighed. "Tut tut tut!" He said, pointing to Phytolacca, who raised another needle. "I wouldn't recommend interrupting me while I'm giving my demands." He shouted, pointing at a fly on one of the walls -- that was quickly impaled by the needle. "Now this could all be put to an end if Sunset came along, then we would have no more use for you, or this world -- and we could be on our way." He said, pointing towards the school's exit. "So what do you say Sunset?"

"Sunset would never!" Fluttershy said, with an unusual amount of confidence, speaking up for the battered looking Rainbow Dash. "She would never give up and -- "

"I give up." Sunset said with a defeated frown, looking down. "I'll go! Just leave my friends alone!!" She begged, falling to her knees. "I've failed them! The deserve a true friend like Twilight, not me!" She said, giving up.

"Sunset?" Rainbow asked, with dismay. "You aren't going to go with these guys."

Sunset frowned. "I have no choice." She said, walking forward, as the two changeling assassin's put their arms on her back. "I can't let them hurt you any longer!"

"But what about you?" Fluttershy asked.

"I don't know!" Sunset said, as she slowly walked out the front door, the three assassin's surrounding her. "I don't know..."

"Fluttershy!" Pinkie said, her hair looking flatter than normal. "Get help for Rainbow, and Applejack! (Oh and Rarity too! I totally forgot about her and -- )" She said, her expression growing fierce. "I'm going to have a word with those meanies!" She announced, sprinting after them.

Phytolacca chuckled. "One of the gnats wants another round." He said, raising his final needle. "Shall I?" He asked, before his arm was stopped by his boss.

"No need!" Solanaceae responded, as he pushed Sunset through the mirror in the school's statue. "We'll be long gone before she gets here." He responded, pulling on his fellow assassin's arm.

"Fine!" The assassin whined. "I have an alicorn to find anyway." He said, with a chuckle.

As the last assassin began to crawl through, the gate began to shimmer, and close.

"Oh no!" Pinkie said, angrily. "I'm not letting you get away that easily!" She shouted, looking kind of deranged herself. "You're going to pay for this!" She shouted, straight at the statue, and into the gate -- just as it closed.

PreviousChapters Next