• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 850 Views, 22 Comments

I'm still awesome... - BewhoUr



When colors are drained, nothing stays the same. And awesomeness is no exception.

  • ...
1
 22
 850

Orange

"I've never seen anything like it!"

A single, maroon red, hardback book with fancy golden lettering in italics became encased in dark magenta light, lifting from its position on the table and moving swiftly to the eyesight of a purple unicorn. Her sparkling eyes read over each page extremely quickly, flipping page to page at a remarkable speed until she inferred that this book would be of no assistance. She then lowered it onto another tottering pile of reading material, loosening her magical grip on it and looking to the next book, a small green paperback with bold print and odd pictures and recipes. She flipped through this one, shaking her head and mumbling a low and angered no, no, no!

"Twilight? Did you find anything yet?" A shakey, clearly scared voice asked. Twilight turned her undivided attention from the book for a brief moment, looking to Scootaloo and seeing fear shimmering in her usually defiant eyes. A shake of the head signified that the books had not yet held an answer. Scootaloo sighed, feeling her chest knotting up like shoelaces tied a little too tight. The pegasus filly her own head and looked to the heavy, wooden door of the library, where Rainbow sat gloomily, her frame drooping slightly as she leaned against it. Twilight's barely spared a moment to blink as she flipped through book after book. That tiny, pocketsized blue book with the purple text didn't give any clues... neither did the brown one with the bright green patterns.

"AHA!" The sudden, triumphant yell jarred Scootaloo awake from her state of worry, as well as creeping its way over to Rainbow dash and succeeding in startling her as well. Rainbow, who previously remained with head tilted downward, staring at the dust particles scattered on the floor, raised her head slowly.

"Whats going on?" She asked, her voice dull as an unsharpened pencil. It was a weird sight for Scootaloo. If something like this happened on any other day, Dash would most likely blow up from anger. But... without that vibrant, defining red in her hair, it seemed like she had lost the very capability to be angry.

"Here it is!" Twilight announced loud and clear, her eyes sparkling. She lifted the book, an orange, dusty spellbook with crinkled old pages and hoofwritten words, to her eye level, scanning it and reading aloud- "A pony's personality is defined in part by their color. The color of both fur and hair account for this. Different colors evoke different emotions, such as Red evoking anger, Orange adventurousness, Yellow happiness, Green envy, Blue sadness, Purple smarts, Pink energy, and white grace. A pony should have no more than four colors, with the exception of the princesses. If a pony has more than four colors, than they have too many personalities that will eventually clash and start disappearing one by one..." At this Twilight lowered the book slowly, her eyes widening in realization.

You could have heard Fluttershy sneeze it was so quiet. Everyone had the same, matching look of incoming dread painted to their faces. Twilight returned the book to her eyes and continued to read.

"The only known cure lays deep into the everfree, in the castle of the sisters! It can be found in their ancient spellroom." Twilight took a deep breath and gulped. Scootaloo's throat was too dry for her to even try gulping.

"So... Will Dash be OK?" The filly's eyes quivered and she flattened her ears to her head, evoking a slight swish in the air. Twilight sighed.

"I don't know Scootaloo. The sisters castle is so broken down... I don't know if there even is a spellroom anymore! But we have to try and find one, and fast." Twilight nodded her head surely, trying to calm herself and act brave for both pegasi. "Spike! Get me my saddlebags." The only sign that Spike had heard her call was a yell of,

"Sure thing!" Small clawsteps could be heard as Spike walked quickly down the wooden stairs, in the way that made you think he would fall over. As he neared the bottom step, he glanced to his right and saw Dash. "What happened?" Spike inquired slightly nervously, walking a little more urgently now and trotting over to Twilight to fulfill her request. Twilight only shook her head quickly and used her sparkling magic to grab the saddlebags (distinctly hers from the cutie mark sown on the side) and place them on her back with a soft thud.

"No time to explain Spike. We have to get Rainbow to the Everfree, and fast." She leaned her head to the other side, grabbing the book which had revealed the information in magenta and placing it in the saddlebag. "Scootaloo, Rainbow! Lets go. We gotta hurry!" Scootaloo jumped from her sitting position, flapping her wings a couple times and feeling the dusty library air under them before dropping to the ground with a clunk and walking towards Twilight. Twilight smiled, grabbing the door handle and thrusting the door open with a jerk of her head. "Rainbow?" Twilight asked questioningly, turning her head for a second. She barely believed what she saw.

Rainbow dash sat exactly where she had been, with the exception of scooting back a little. Her facial expression was a tight frown, revealing her teeth. Her eyes were wide open, and her frame had become so frozen it was hard to tell if she was even alive, and not a statue or doll. She parted her lips, stuttering a little.

"T-The Everfree!? Are you c-crazy!?!?"

"Rainbow!" Both Scootaloo and Twilight gasped in shock at the same time. And time was running out.

The bright orange that had defined Rainbow's adventure and spunk was... Gone.

Author's Note:

Orange
Hope that you enjoyed!
Next chapter: Yellow
Next chapter publish date: Approx. Nov 22

Comments ( 11 )

Good chapter, was better than first, had alot of action for being so small.

Wow, I'm liking where this is going. I shall track this! :rainbowdetermined2: I was actually going to do this exact story..but now I don't want to seem like I'm copying. Lol I shouldn't of procrastinated:facehoof: Oh well...this is great! Can't wait for more!

Wait...this would mean that Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Fluttershy should be stupid, because they don't have purple :twilightoops: Did I read this wrong?

5295787 Maybe it's just that intellect isn't a defining feature of their personalities?

5295777
xD
Wow! Great minds think alike!
Sorry for mentally stealing your idea...I didn't realize you already had it :twilightblush:
And that doesn't mean they're stupid, its just that they aren't quite as smart.
No offense Flutters, AJ, Pinkie :rainbowwild:

5296388 Lol that's ok. :pinkiehappy: I'm still a little confused though..when Rainbow lost her red...it said that she couldn't be mad anymore...it didn't say she wasen't as mad as before, it said she couldn't be mad.

I really enjoyed this felt smooth and interesting to read.

For a while felt as if I were watching an episode of MLP.

Great job loved it and waiting for more.

Are you still making this? Sorry, I'm just really excited for the next chapter! :pinkiehappy:

5335286
Yes,I'm making this still. I'm just mega busy. I'll get to it though!

5348488 Yay! :pinkiehappy: Take as much time as you need. I tried to do a Christmas themed fic and I was trying to get it done before Christmas, When I was halfway done I re-read it and it was AWFUL. I'm never giving myself a due-date ever again.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Login or register to comment