• Published 3rd Nov 2014
  • 5,778 Views, 58 Comments

Mending Love:Love is Chaos - atomicpuffin



Discord and Fluttershy are living the married life and the former Lord of Chaos is about to realize that chaos can come from all corners of life.

  • ...
6
 58
 5,778

Chapter Four

Fluttershy was watering her flowers, still fuming over her fight earlier with Discord.

How could he have said such things, she didn't understand why he acted this way sometimes.

She went to water the next section and stopped, her garden had changed since she had left.

She noticed the new patches for her to add more flowers, the strawberry bushes, and the swing.

Oh dear, Discord must have done this while I was gone...I only mentioned needing new space yesterday during breakfast, while eating my strawberries...who knew he was paying so much attention...

Suddenly her ears fell back and guilt set in. Her poor husband was only trying to do what he thought was best...he was only trying to keep her safe and happy, how can he know his protectiveness was bothering her if she never told him? She was just as much to blame in this fight as he was.

She sighed as she set down the watering can, wondering what he was doing now.

He hadn't followed her as she expected him to, she wasn't sure if she should feel relieved or disappointed.

"What do you think? Should I go find daddy and try to talk to him?"

Her son didn't respond,

"You're as much help as your father." She giggled.

Then she gasped as flowers began to grow under her hooves.

She stepped back and looked down shocked, she soon realized they were forming words.

My truest love

I know I've done wrong

I shouldn't have yelled

I know I don't deserve it but I ask for a second chance…

She looked up as rose petals began to fall from the sky to the ground creating a path for her to follow. She smiled as she walked along them, wondering where it was leading, but she could guess what was at the end of it.

The path led through Discord's cotton candy trees, something he was very proud of and refused to move.

Darling let me have this one chaotic thing in the garden...

Her ears perked up as she heard music being carried with the wind and her eyes began to tear up as she recognized the tune.

It was their song, the one they had danced to during Nightmare Night and their wedding. The path opened up to a clearing and her mouth fell open.

The entire clearing was lit with floating crystals that emanated soft white light, no sunlight could penetrate through the tops of the pink trees.

There were fireflies flying around the tops of the trees and as she stepped into the clearing they floated to her.

She gasped as they transformed into a beautiful gown, a soft gold that shimmered when she moved. It was very simple, but also elegant.

She looked to the center of the clearing and there he was.

Kneeling on one knee holding a bouquet of white roses, wearing the same suit from Nightmare Night. She loved seeing him in it, even now it fit him perfectly and he always looked so handsome.

He looked really nervous as she walked over to him, she could see his hands tightening on the flowers.

"Hi…" He whispered

"Hi…" She responded not really sure how to continue.

They both began to speak at once,

"Discord…"

"Fluttershy…"

Then they laughed and Discord handed her the roses. He took her face in his hands and gave her a gentle kiss.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart...I never should have lost my temper like I did, it isn't your fault that I'm so nervous about all this."

He stood up and bowed to her, holding out his claw.

"I have hurt you my dear and I'd like to make it up to you...dance with me my love."


She laughed and set down the roses, the music that had played before began again as she took his claw.

"Um...Discord...this is going to be more difficult for me than before…"

She indicated the extra weight that was making it hard for her to balance on two legs.

Discord smiled and took both her hooves then spread his wings and lifted her into the air.

"There my dear, use your wings and we shall dance among the stars…"

"Discord its three in the afternoon?"

He snapped his fingers and thousands of sparkling diamonds appeared above them.

"Close enough my dear…"

He began to lead her around the clearing to the music. He managed to still make it feel like dancing even though they were floating in the air, even managing to dip her without dropping her.

He grinned and pulled her to him again. She giggled and he nuzzled her ear.

"Hmm, still the sweetest sound in Equestria…My darling Fluttershy...sweet wife...I'm so sorry…"

She looked up at him as they continued to move through the air, his eyes spoke volumes to what he was feeling. Fluttershy felt her own heart melt at the sincerity dancing through his amazing mismatched pupils.

"Oh honey, I forgive you...I know all of this is new and strange...like you said it won't be easy…"

He smiled and rested his head on top of hers as he finished the words for her...

"But I can't think of anything I've ever wanted more in all my life. You mean more to me than Equestria ever did...I'll never stop loving you and I'll do everything in my power to ensure your happiness from this day on, for all eternity...Fluttershy, I love you with all my heart, you have enchanted me mind, body, and soul…"

He lifted his head as his feet landed on the ground, still holding her to him.

"I meant those word then and I mean them even more now. Fluttershy you are my heart, the one thing that keeps me going. I love you so much and I'm so sorry for what I said...I know I'm going to mess up a lot honey, but I hope that somehow you can always find a way to forgive me…"

He pulled her into a tight hug and she rested her head against his shoulder sighing happily.

"Oh Discord...what am I going to do with you?"

"Love me…"

He whispered, and she giggled again as she pulled away to look into his eyes again.

"Always and forever my love…" She smiled up at him through her tears.

He smiled and placed his lips over hers as they shared a passionate kiss. He ran his claws through her mane and she heard that sound again.

She laughed and pulled away,

"Discord…"

He grinned and twirled a strand of her hair with his claws.

"Can't blame a guy for trying."

She laughed and he sighed as he set her down again.

Then he curled his body around her and nuzzled her ear.

"One last surprise my dear…"

He snapped his fingers and the diamonds began to explode in bright colors, like miniature fireworks.

"Oh my! Discord this is beautiful!"

He wrapped his tail around them and buried his nose in her mane.

"Hmm...only the best for the most beautiful mare in Equestria."


Discord watched his wife's eyes light up with each explosion of color and her happiness filled his heart with light.

He curled himself tighter around her and she turned to smile at him. He always wanted to see her smile, her teal eyes lit up with love.

"Discord this was so sweet...who knew I married such a softie...or did you get help from another pony?"

She teased and he laid his paw over his heart.

"You wound me my darling...Can I not do something, no matter how mushy, to show my wonderful wife just how much she means to me?"

"Of course you can...and for the record I like it when you get mushy…"

She nudged him with her nose and he blushed as he chuckled.

"I'm only a sap for you my dear...all I want in life is to see you happy."

He gave her a light kiss,

"I'm so sorry love, I don't know what came over me earlier…"

He closed his eyes and turned his head away, his ears laid back against his head.

"I know I have to ease up honey...I promise I'll try to do better, okay?"

He looked over at her with pleading eyes and she giggled, the sound always warmed his heart no matter how many times he heard it.

She leaned against him putting her head under his chin and nuzzled him. His heart rate tripled and his hair stood up on end, no matter what the situation he always wanted this mare…even if she didn't realize it.

"Discord, honey I know you're trying and I'm sorry I snapped at you…"

"Fluttershy you have nothing to apologize for, you had every right to scold me...and even little one…"
He stretched his neck so he was talking to her stomach.

"Daddy even forgives you for the head injury."

Fluttershy laughed and put her hoof under his chin, lifting it so they were eye level.

"Discord, it doesn't matter who was at fault all that matters is that we both learn from it and move on…I'll love you no matter what."

He smiled and pulled her to him again, kissing her with all the love and passion she inspired in him.

He growled again, but this time she didn't pull away, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Fluttershy…"

He tried to stop her, sure she didn't realize where this was going…

"Honey, wait…"

He tried again, but she put her hoof over his mouth and his heart stopped when he saw that wicked gleam in her eyes. He grinned and kissed her again laying her in the soft grass…

"My darling, you never cease to amaze me...and considering the things I've seen that's saying a lot! But are you sure this is what you want?"

She laughed and nipped him under his chin. His eyes closed in pleasure and he purred again,

"If you insist my dear…"