• Published 3rd Nov 2014
  • 5,820 Views, 58 Comments

Mending Love:Love is Chaos - atomicpuffin



Discord and Fluttershy are living the married life and the former Lord of Chaos is about to realize that chaos can come from all corners of life.

  • ...
6
 58
 5,820

Chapter One

He took in a deep breath and smiled. Roses...He pulled the sleeping mare tighter against him. He didn't want to wake her, she was so beautiful when she was sleeping. He kissed the top of her head, she was the most beautiful mare in Equestria and yet she had fallen in love with him. The thought never ceased to amaze him.

She began to stir, so he wrapped his tail around her hoping to protect her sleep, but she woke up anyways.

"Hmm...good morning…" She mumble as she let out a tiny yawn.

He felt his heart jump, even when she was first waking up she affected him.

"Good morning my love. How are you feeling?"

She rolled over to face him and blushed. Then she smiled and kissed his nose, when she giggled he knew he had blushed too. Every time she surprised him with her gentle kisses his heart nearly gave out.

"I'm fine...maybe a bit tired still…" Her blush grew deeper and he grinned. He nuzzled her ear and pulled her closer to him.

"Well you didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

He felt her shiver and he chuckled. Then she pulled back to look at him and his laughter died, she had that look in her eyes again. The look that made his blood race and his fur stand on end, he absolutely loved this look.

"Maybe not...but...but, I...I don't want to sleep now either."

He let out a small groan and kissed her deeply, she melted against him. He couldn't believe he was so lucky to have married this amazing mare.

"I love you so much…" He whispered before continuing to kiss her.


Fluttershy slipped out of bed, careful not to wake her sleeping husband. She smiled over her shoulder as she left the room, as much as she wanted to stay snuggled next to him her animals needed their breakfast.

She walked out into the garden and took in a deep breath of the sweet air. Discord had made the garden big enough to house all her animals, they seemed to enjoy living here, but they still didn't like him. The feeling was mutual.

She shook her head and smiled. After all her animals were happily fed she began to water her flowers, noticing a few strange flowers had found their way into her garden. Some were checkered, polka dotted, or even made of some kind of sweets...she smiled again as she thought of what Discord would say.

"Well darling, you can't expect me to leave it all alone."

She laughed, she actually liked the strange flowers he created, they always had the sweetest smell.

She put down the watering can finally finished, when she turned around she came nose-to-nose with her husband.

Before she could jump back in fear he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.

When he pulled back he had the biggest grin on his face.

"Finally! I was starting to get a bit bored...although watching you is still my favorite pass time…" His grin widened suddenly and his eyes held a wicked gleam.

"Well...second favorite pass time." He started to lean in to kiss her and she put her hoof to his mouth to stop him.

"Honey, I have to go meet the girls…"

"Darling...they can wait, please..." He tried to pull her to him again, but she managed to wiggle out of his grasp. As she hovered above him, he put his hands together in a begging motion.

She rolled her eyes, he was hopeless, but also really cute.

"I'm sorry Discord, but I have to go and so do you...it's time for you to go help Princess Celestia."

He groaned and lay face down in the grass, grumbling under his breath. She laughed and landed in front of him. Big mistake...

He pounced suddenly pinning her beneath him as he laughed.

"Discord!"

"Ha! My dear, even after five months you still haven't learned ALL my tricks!"

He kissed her again in triumph. Then he pulled back and stroked her face, sending shivers through her body.

"Come now, my dear you know I'd rather be here with you...and I know you'd rather be here with me."

She shook her head and smiled up at him. He was so impossible some days, but she had learned how to handle him.


Discord smiled in victory down at Fluttershy. He knew she couldn't resist him for long and he always got his way.

"Discord..."

She kissed him passionately, surprising him and his grip on her relaxed. He purred deep in his throat. He smiled to himself, he hadn't expected it to be that easy. When he shifted his body to sit fully above her she used her back legs to catapult him over her.

He was so caught off guard by the attack that he couldn't defend against it.

He landed on his back with a grunt and stared up in shock at the pegasus flying above him.

She winked at him,

"You haven't learned all my tricks either love."

His wife blew him a kiss and flew towards Ponyville.

He lay there in shock, then grabbed his heart as his head lolled back with his tongue hanging out.

He...Discord...done in by a pony. A beautiful...conniving pony…she had tricked him...and how he loved her all the more for it!


"Sorry I'm late girls!"

Fluttershy flew into the spa, a bit out of breath. There were dots in her eyes, but she shook them away.

"I had...umm...a bit trouble… with Discord." She smiled when she thought of his expression as she flew away.

They all smiled at her and Rarity nodded at her as one of the spa mares filed her hoof.

"It's alright darling. Now that you're here why not soak your hooves for a bit. They have a new herbal remedy and it feels simply divine!"

Fluttershy smiled as she followed the other spa mare and joined Twilight and Pinkie in the pool full of steaming water. As she stepped in she sighed in pleasure, feeling the herbs soak through, relaxing her muscles.

She looked over to Applejack and Rainbow Dash getting massages, both seemed really content.

"So Rainbow, how's Soarin?" Fluttershy giggled as her friend's face grew red.

Rarity glanced over and laughed,

"She refuses to talk about it so we can only assume it's going okay."

Rainbow buried her face to hide how red it was.

Applejack nudged Rainbow in the side.

"Ya know, eventually we're gonna get the fully story right?"

"Argh! Fine! Soarin took me out for our first official date. Before now it's just been hanging out...but last night...well...he…" Her face was burning now and when she didn't continue Twilight exclaimed,

"Oh! He kissed you?"

Rainbow just nodded and a small smile pulled at her face.

"Oh girls lookie! Dashie you're smiling! Guess we know whose wedding we'll be attending next! Oh I can already see the party!"

Rarity got excited when she heard 'wedding', she'd had so much success planning Fluttershy's.

"Oh yes! I'll make the dress…"

"Girls Rainbow isn't even engaged yet!" Twilight said laughing along with Fluttershy.

"Seriously you guys, I said one date! Just because he kissed me after doesn't mean I'll end up marrying him!" Rainbow frowned.

Fluttershy noticed the conflict in her friend's eyes.

She smiled and looked at Twilight who nodded also smiling, they knew that look.

"Rainbow...do you love him?" Twilight gently asked.

Rainbow's head shot up,

"Love? I...I...I don't know, I mean...it's too early...isn't it?"

Fluttershy shook her head,

"No Rainbow. Trust me, when you love some pony...you'll know. When you're around them it feels right...and when you're apart…" She smiled thinking about her own husband.

"You'll think of little else, except when you get to see them again."

Rainbow looked at all her friends and another smile broke out on her face only this one radiated with happiness.

"I'm seeing him again tonight...I've been so nervous thinking about it especially after last night...but now...maybe I shouldn't worry so much." All her friends nodded and Fluttershy jumped out of the tub and gasped.

Little dots floated in front of her eyes again and she tried to shake them away. She suddenly felt so dizzy and the dots got bigger.

"You okay sugar cube?" Applejack jumped down from the massage table and rushed to her side.

"I...I don't…" She looked at her friends' worried faces as they all gathered around her. She could barely make out their faces as the blackness expanded.

"Oh dear…" She whispered before she fainted.


*Canterlot*

Discord groaned, he was so bored and all he wanted was for this meeting to end. His new job, appointed to him by the princess, was to sit in with her during council meetings and help anyway his magic could.

Today some delegates from Saddle Arabia were here explaining that the normal sand storms in their land were slowly gaining more power. They were afraid it was only a matter of time before a very powerful storm destroyed their crops.

"I understand your concerns, however I don't see how we can stop the storms from occurring. The pegasi of Equestria would not be able to control a storm of that size."

"We understand your majesty. We know it would take great magic to stop the storms from occurring, we just didn't know where else to look. Thank you so much for hearing what we have to say..."

Discord rolled his eyes, these equine really didn't understand that sand storms were chaotic, which meant…

"Maybe pony magic can't…but this falls under my specialty."

Celestia looked over and nodded as she smiled, he still couldn't get used to her smiling at him. It didn't feel the same, he liked it better when she looked irritated.

"Yes, that may work. Discord's magic is strong enough to stop natural disasters. He has saved Equestria from several earthquakes, without his magic to stabilize the ground we would have lost many buildings. Perhaps it would be best, Discord, if you traveled to Saddle Arabia and did what you could to protect their kingdom."

It wasn't a question, it was an order. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"I can't just leave. Have you forgotten already that I'm married?"

He grinned when her cheeks slightly pinked and she frowned at him, there was the Tia he knew.

"Of course not Discord...naturally you could first go home and tell your wife before…"

They were interrupted when, in a stream of green fire, a scroll appeared next to Celestia.

She used her magic to unfurl it and read the contents quickly.

Discord sighed thinking,

Wonder what Twilight could want right now…

"Discord…" Celestia looked over to him and the look in her eyes startled him, they were filled with concern.

"Your wife…"

He didn't hear the rest, without a second thought he teleported himself to Ponyville. He realized too late he should have found out where his wife was. He slapped his face and teleported back by Celestia's side.

She was shaking her head, waiting for him to return. She answered his unspoken question.

"She's in the hospital but…"

"SHE'S WHAT!"

Again he left, instantly appearing inside the hospital's waiting room. He saw his friends sitting there.

"Where is she? What happened? How was she hurt? I…"

"Discord! Calm down!" Twilight shouted as she walked over to him and pushed him into one of the seats with her magic.

"Now...we were in the spa when Fluttershy started feeling sick and then she fainted…"

"She what!" He tried to stand up again, but she used her magic to restrict him.

"Will you relax!" She shouted again, causing the nurses to shush her. She blushed and cleared her throat.

"Anyways...she's fine Discord, so you can stop worrying. She's awake and the doctors are just running some tests to see why she became ill so suddenly."

He put his face in his hands and shivered.

"I never should have left her alone…"

Twilight sat down next to him and put her hoof on his shoulder.

"Nonsense, she's fine. It's probably just a small fever or something equally benign."

His other friends came over and Applejack sat on the other side of him patting his shoulder as well.

"Yeah sugar cube. You know Fluttershy, she's a lot stronger than every pony gives her credit. This may have been a scare for all of us, but she'll be okay."

"Yeah and even if she has to stay in here for a few days we'll throw her a get well soon party!" Pinkie bounced around them.

"Seriously Pinkie, does everything have to end in a party with you?" Rainbow shook her head.

"What Pinkie and Rainbow are trying to say...is that no matter what the doctors say, we'll be here for her...and for you sweetie." Rarity smiled as she stood next to Rainbow.

He smiled at his friends, grateful for their comfort. He realized why friendship was so sought after, it could help you through anything.

He stretched his arms and pulled all of them for a group hug.

"Thanks you guys…" Then when he realized the staff was smiling, watching them. He dropped all of them and coughed, causing them to all laugh.

"Now make sure you start taking it easier...no heavy exercise…"

They all turned to see Fluttershy walking through the double doors next to a doctor.

"Fluttershy!" They all shouted running towards her, Discord got there first and scooped his wife into a tight hug.

"Discord, what are you doing here?"

"I heard you were in here and left...are you alright darling, what happened?" He stroked her cheek gently.

She smiled and hugged him, whispering in his ear.

"Everything is just perfect."

He frowned, how could things be perfect when she had been so sick she had to come to the hospital?

"Now remember what I said miss, plenty of rest and don't overexert yourself. I'll see you again in two weeks." The doctor turned away and went back through the double doors.

Discord looked down at his wife who was still beaming up at him, then she nuzzled against his chest. He sighed and held her tighter, just happy she was okay.

"Let's get you home my dear…" He lifted his hand, but Fluttershy stopped him.

"Wait...I have something to tell you." Her eyes were misting with tears.

"What is it? Did the doctor tell you why you got sick?"

She looked at all her friends smiling, then back to her husband.

"I'm not sick...I'm getting my birthday wish!"

Discord froze.

All her friends exchanged confused looks, none of them knew what she was talking about.

Discord on the other hand...he suddenly shouted with joy and kissed her. When he pulled away he had the biggest smile any of them had ever seen.

"Sweet Celestia this is wonderful news! When...I mean how long? Oh my love, my sweet Fluttershy…"

He kissed her again, forgetting about their friends who were still standing there clueless.

"Umm hello...will some pony please tell me what's going on." Rainbow crossed her hooves, and the others nodded in agreement. It was Discord that answered her as he continued to stare into his wife's beautiful eyes, his own now misting with tears.

"We're having a baby…"

Author's Note:

Here's chapter one everyone! Now :moustache:under some good advice I'm not going to put the entire story on at once. I'll be putting up the chapters whenever I have the time between work and writing my novel (which is based around the same story as Love or Power) so I will try and get these chapters up, as well as the third and final book for this. Hope you enjoyed it, if you did please give a like and leave a comment! :pinkiehappy:

P.S. if you don't like it could you please let me know why? Even if it's just the pairings I'd still like to know what you think :pinkiehappy: