• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 1,104 Views, 21 Comments

Talon the Gryphon Dj - MetaLucario



the gryphon Dj start his new life with a young foal named Darta, while trying to become a famous Dj

  • ...
5
 21
 1,104

chapter one: Adoption

Chapter One: Adoption


By: Shard

I ran outside and took to the skies, heading for my new home. “Today’s the day. I finally get to move to Canterlot and start my new life on my own.”I was so happy that this day had finally come. I was finally moving out of my parents house to go and start my dream job, being a Dj.

As I flew through the skies, I noticed a pony on the ground, unconscious. I dived down to them and landed gracefully beside them. I nudged them in the side. “ Hey buddy, you alright?”
She groaned and began to stir, making weird noises when ever I poked her in the side.

“Hey miss, are you ok? I saw you passed out as I was flying overhead.” She slowly rose to her hoofs and looked up at me. “P-please help. I gotta get to a hospital...” she trailed off. I looked at her other side and noticed she was bleeding badly. From the looks of it, something clawed her in the side, something big.

I caught her as she began to fall, her eyes closing as she lost consciousness again. I sighed and flew as fast as I could to the nearest hospital. There, she was rushed away to somewhere I didn’t really care to Know. All I cared about was whether or not she would survive.

As I sat in the waiting room, I noticed everypony eyeing me, looking as if they were all ready to bolt out of there in a heartbeat. Guess they don’t get many gryphons out here. I sat waiting for hours to find out the fate of the poor pony, till a nurse finally came up to me.

“U-um, excuse me sir, but, I need you to come with me.” she said shakily. I cocked an eyebrow. “What for, I didn’t do anything wrong did I?” SHe seemed to jump at my outburst. Admittedly, that hadn’t sounded as calm as I meant to say it, it actually sounded kind of threatening.

I sighed and cleared my throat. “So, why do you want me to come with you miss?” I questioned. She just stood there for moment before answering my question. “The young mare that you brought to us would like a word with you.” I sighed, then nodded.

She lead me to her room and left me alone with her, clearly glad to get out of my presence. I walked over to the mare, as warm a smile as I could manage. “H-hey, I didn’t get the chance to properly thank you for saving me. I am forever in your debt mister...um...” “ Talon.” I finished. “And who might you be madam?” I asked. “I’m Darta, and I'd like to get to know you, if thats ok.” I sighed, then looked over at a clock on the wall, then back to her. “I don’t see why not. I got time to spare.” I said, a little bit to cheerfully.

After a couple of hours talking with her about our lives and our plans for the future,we decide that it was time for her to get some rest. “Min if I stick around a bit longer? I promise not to disturb your rest.” She nodded before yawning and drifting off to sleep.

I was sitting in a chair beside her bed, watching this crazy looking mare. She was actually kind of cute in some ways. She was actually very young. Must have ran away from home. At that exact moment, the door flung open, startling me and making her jump and hit the floor. I helped her back up into the bed, eyeing the two clearly ticked off ponies still standing at the door. They trotted over to us and nodded at me before glaring down at what I assumed was their daughter. I backed away as they began to fuss at her. She was scared out of her mind, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Something in me snapped when I saw her start to cry. I instinctively jumped in between them, growling at them. They backed away as I held my head high and puffed out my chest to intimidate them. They looked at each other and nodded, then looked back at me. They got out a sheet of paper and a pin. “Fine then, since you feel so protective of her, why don’t you just take her.” The stallion said, glaring at me. I snatched the paper from him and signed it, then tossed into his face. He, and who I assumed to be his wife, signed it “There, she’s all yours from now on. We want nothing to do with her anymore.” The mare shouted. I snarled at her and turned to give the young mare a hug. SHe wrapped her forelegs around my neck, crying into my shoulder.

I sat in the chair, watching her as she slept. My eyes soon became heavy, and I had no intention of fighting against my desire to sleep. I let sleep take me and layed my head down on the edge of the her bed.

I awoke to a giggling mare, sitting up in bed. I was shocked to find out that she was completely healed and could leave today. She hugged me and jumped out of bed, almost falling when she did. I scrambled to catch her, but hit the wall head first when she stopped herself from falling.

I groaned as I sat up against the wall and looked over to the giggling mare. I smiled, it felt good to see her happy. “So, since you can leave today, wanna get out of here and go explore Manhattan?” I asked nervously. I had never been good with kids, but always enjoyed playing with them. She thought for a moment, then walked over to me with a big smile plastered on her face. “I wanna go by my school and show you off,” she said cheerfully, but then began to scratch at the floor and act real shy, “if thats ok with you of course.” I laughed, then patted her on the head and messed up her mane. “sure thing kiddo. I don’t mind showing off for you.” Gryphons are very prideful creatures,this is a well known fact.

I landed at the front door of her school, her riding my back. I strutted in and headed for what I assumed was her classroom. “Hey everybody, I’m back.” Everyone, including the teacher scowled at her for a moment, glaring as hard as they could. “Ahem, I’m her new father, Talon. I will be taking her out of this school and away from Manhattan.” Everyone started cheering. I could even hear cheering throughout the school.

I noticed a tear land on my back, then, once again, something in me snapped. I roared as loud as I could, causing everypony to stop laughing. I glared at them all. “You all are horrible ponies! If I ever see any of you again, I’ll snap your neck and eat you! Am I understood?!” They all nodded furiously, some were whimpering.

I punched the door and made it explode into pieces as I narrowed my eyes at the teacher, then spun around and stomped out of the building. I squawked at any pony that was near us as we left.

We flew to her house and got her stuff, then flew down to the train station, after getting her some ice cream, and boarded a train headed for ponyville. Once we took our seat, everypony got as far away from us as they could get. Soon, a few of them came back and started talking to us. It was a fun ride.

When we arrived at ponyville, we explored a little, got something to eat, then went to my new house. It was a cloud house right above this cottage near the everfree forest. It was close enough to the ground that my new pegasus daughter could get to it on her own. After she got through exploring the rather large house, she came to me with one simple question. “Can we go down and say hi to our new neighbors?” I thought for a moment, but decided against it. It was getting late, and I’d heard that the everfree was a dangerous place. “Pwease daddy.” So much Da’wwwww. I chuckled then nodded. What's the harm in meeting our new neighbors.

We flew down and landed at the front door. I knocked a few times, then the door sprang open as six mares greeted me, before they backed away, noticing I was a gryphon. I casually walked in and said hi to them all. “Hi, I’m Talon, and this is my daughter. We just moved into the cloud house above this place.” A pink mare hopped up in front of me, bouncing away happily. “Your new in town, that means I get to throw a party to let everyone get to know you. Oooh, we can have cake, punch, balloons, a Dj, and maybe cupcakes. DO you like cupcakes, cuz I like cupcakes. What kind of cupcakes do you like?” I grabbed her snout and held it shut, afraid of another verbal assault. “Anyways, yes I do like cupcakes, and yes, a party does sound like fun, and no, I will not hurt you.”

My daughter jumped down and trotted up to the pink pony. “Hi, my names Darta. Your cool, and funny. Wanna be friends, I don’t have any friends so I’d like to make you my first friend.” She smiled and held out her hoof. I let go of the pink mare as she started to shake Darta’s hoof. “Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie, and sure, I’ll be your friend. wanna come to work with me tomorrow?” They both looked up at me, pleading eyes and their lower lips poked out. I chuckled and messed up both of their manes. “Sure, why not, I think it’d be good for you.” They both began to hold hoofs and bounce screaming “Yay!” like they’d just won the lottery.

Me and the others just sat back and laughed at them. It felt good to see Darta so happy. It made me happy to see her smile. I talked to The purple unicorn beside me about the similarities and differences of ponies and gryphons. It soon became a very heated argument of which was better. Needless to say, I lost, badly.

After a while, I decided it was time we got back home, so I scooped up my tired little foal and returned to home after saying our goodbyes. I took her to my room and laid her in the bed. She was making the cutest little snoring noises. She’d occasionally kick and move around, making the cutest sounds possible. All I could do was smile and occasionally scratch her belly.

I hopped in bed and pulled her close. She began to nuzzle my neck and wrapped her forelegs around me as far as they could go. I purred at this, and even nuzzled her back. Sleep soon found me aswell, which I gladly welcomed. I had had a long two days., and felt like crashing all day, but this little fuzzball of mine needed to tucker herself out first. I had thought having a kid would suck, but this girl has definitely changed my view on that. Now that today is finally over with, I can get some rest, and i’m gonna need it, cuz tomorrow , I begin my new job with local weather team, and start gathering some music to make my debut as a Dj at that party.

I layed there snoring, my daughter in my arms, and a smile on both of our faces.. Today was a good day, but tomorrow will be even better.