• Published 28th Oct 2014
  • 3,793 Views, 114 Comments

Persona 4: Return to Inaba - unleashedtwilight



Time had passed for the hero Yu Narukami, and it was already summer vacation. He remembered making a promise to all of his friends in Inaba that he would visit them whenever he got the chance. But the fog of lies do not simply fade away in one world.

  • ...
9
 114
 3,793

I am thou...

July 11th, 2012
Early Morning (3 AM)
Cloudy

“Huh…? where am I?” Sunset Shimmer said to herself looking around. She was in her human form walking along a single path. Every other way was covered by fog and was too difficult to see through. All she could do was proceed forward, following the path.

“Do you seek the truth…?” She could hear a voice asking her.

“Hello? who’s there?” She asked looking around. Only to find nobody respond. She sighed and kept moving forward.

She then heard the voice again. “If it’s the truth you desire, come and find me…” She can hear the voice coming from up ahead. As Sunset continues forward, she can sense someone ahead and decides to keep going forward. Eventually as she got closer, she could slightly see a shadowy figure ahead of her, but it was too foggy to figure out who it was.

“So… You are the one pursuing me…” The voice of a shadowy figure said. “Hmhmhm… Try all you like…” Sunset Shimmer looked at the shadow intensely and ran at it, hitting it with a punch. “Hmmm… it seems that you can see a little, despite the fog…” She heard the voice say as she attacked it again. “I see… Indeed… That is very interesting information…” The being continued to say. “But… You will not catch me so easily… If what you seek is “truth,” then your search will be even harder…” The hidden figure used bewildering fog to make it even harder for Sunset Shimmer to see. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t land any punches on the figure. “Everyone sees what they want to… And the fog only deepens… will we meet again…? At a place other than here… Hmhm… I look forward to it…” Sunset Slowly started to lose consciousness.

--------------------------------------------

July 11th, 2012
Early Morning
Cloudy

“Ugh…” Sunset Shimmer opened her eyes and looked down at herself relieved to find that she was still a unicorn. “What the heck was that?” she asked herself looking down, still laying in her bed. “If what you seek is the truth… then your search will be harder?” She sighed and got out of bed. “I wonder if the others would know anything about this…” She opened her door to head out.

“Know about what?” Narukami asked as he was walking by.

“Oh! Uh… well, I doubt that you’d understand but, last night I had the strangest dream.”

“A dream?”

“Yeah… I was human, but there was a shadowy figure in front of me… I don't know what it was. It was too foggy to actually see.”

“Did you fight this figure in your dream?”

“Yeah-- wait, are you saying you’ve had that dream too??”

Yu nodded. “I have, but not last night like you.” He started. “I had the dream the day I moved to Inaba.”

“Inaba…?”

“It’s a town in my world.”

“Right, sorry…”

“Before you left your world, do you remember going somewhere before here?”

Sunset shook her head, “No, I’m pretty sure I just headed straight to the portal.”

“You’re absolutely sure?”

“Jesus, yes. I’m positive.”

Yu stopped to think for a moment. “Come on, let’s go.” he started walking again.

“Wait, what?” Sunset asked following Narukami. “Hold up. Where are we going?”

“We’re going to the T.V. world with Twilight. We need to get some training in.”

“Wait, NOW!?” Sunset exclaimed.

“If you want to be properly prepared, then yes.”

“Me?? I don’t even have a persona!”

“Are you sure about that?”

Sunset stopped and thought for a second. “What are you talking about? I never even went into that world in the first place.”

“Well, if my theory is correct, we’ll see what happens when we enter the T.V. world.” he knocked on Twilight’s door to her room.

“Wait, come again!?”

Twilight groaned from the other side of the door and opened it. “Isn’t it still early?” she asked with her mane still messed up.

“Get ready, we’re going into the T.V. world.” Narukami said. “We need to start practicing as much as possible before the others wake up.”

“Huh? how come before they wake up?”

“Think of this as private lessons.” Yu turned to Sunset Shimmer. “For the both of you.”

“I already told you, I don’t have a Persona.” Sunset insisted.

“You asked to come anyways right? So let go. You’ll learn something new.” Narukami smiled at her.

Sunset Shimmer blushed embarrassingly but nodded following Narukami and Twilight to the movie theater that they entered last time. They each had to buy a ticket so that suspicion wouldn’t be cast upon them. Unfortunately for Twilight, she was the only pony who lived in Equestria the longest, so she ended up having to pay for 3 tickets. It was to a movie that they were sure nopony would see. Twilight and Narukami both put on their glasses. “What are those for?” Sunset asked.

“Oh that’s right.” Narukami said reaching into his school uniform pocket pulling out a red pair of glasses similar to Yukikos and gave them to Sunset. “You’ll need these.” Sunset looked down at the glasses feeling a bit confused but huffed and put the glasses on anyways. “Alright, let’s go. You lead Twilight.”

“Huh? But you’re the one with the power to--” Twilight stopped as she was trying to demonstrate that she couldn’t go through the screen on her own… when in fact, she now had the ability to. “But, how…?”

“It’s your Persona.” Yu answered. “Now that you accepted it, you’ll be able to go into the T.V. world at anytime.”

“So you’re saying that Sunset Shimmer won’t be able to do it now?”

Narukami paused and thought for a moment. “Why don’t you try it Sunset?” he asked.

“Uh… Okay?” Sunset reached out her hoof and was about to touch the screen… until…

I am thou…” She heard a voice say as her eyes widened and she held her head. “Thou art I… Thou are the one who opens the door…” Sunset then collapsed on the floor looking like she was in pain.

“Sunset Shimmer, what’s wrong??” Twilight asked. Sunset slowly looked back up at the theater screen still in shock. She slowly raised her hoof back up and was able to stick it through the screen. “H-huh? But how…?”

Sunset Shimmer slowly looked up at Narukami who nodded at her to keep going. She looked back at the screen and slowly kept pushing forward until she was fully inside of the screen. Narukami and Twilight looked at each other and followed her.

--------------------------------------------

Sunset Shimmer groaned as she got to her hooves and stood up slowly. “Ugh… So this is the T.V. world…”

“Yeah…” Twilight said getting up. “Be careful and stay close.”

“Trust me, that won’t be a problem.” Sunset shivered getting close to Twilight. “Jesus, this place gives me chills…”

“Yeah, it can get pretty freaky.” Twilight looked around the area to make sure that it was safe and looked back at Yu. “Alright teacher, what do I do first?”

“Well first, let’s see you summon your persona.” Narukami said taking out a card stomping a hoof down. “Persona!” he exclaimed as his main persona appeared: Izanagi.

“Whoa…” Sunset looked up at Narukami’s persona in awe.

“Okay…” Twilight huffed and pulled out her card as well, closing her eyes. “Persona…!” She exclaimed also stomping on the ground similar to the way Narukami did it, summoning her persona as well.

“H-holy crap, this is insane.” Sunset let out sitting on the ground as she watched them train.

“An important part of battle is to find your enemy’s weakness. If you find that, the battle will be much easier. But be aware that not every shadow will have a weakness.” Narukami stopped and had his persona use cleave on Twilight’s persona, resulting in her falling back. “In your case, you weakness is physical attacks.”

Twilight groaned getting up to her hooves. “I wasn’t even ready!”

“Another lesson is that it’s important to always be on guard no matter what. Whether is be someone you hate or your friend.” Yu said about to attack again. “Now guard yourself!”

Twilight quickly covered herself, which resulted in her persona doing the same. This time when Izanagi attacked with Cleave, it didn’t do as much damage. “I get it, if you guard yourself, your weakness is protected as well.” Twilight then got into fighting position again. “Persona!” she exclaimed as her persona used Bufudyne on Izanagi, causing Narukami to fall back. “Oh gosh, are you ok??”

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” Narukami said getting up. “That was good. You don’t waist any time. Another important part of battle is knowing when to defend yourself, increase your defense, increase your attack, and lowering your enemy’s attack and defense. Try it out on me.”

“Okay…” Twilight sighed. “Persona!” she exclaimed unleashing Rakunda on Narukami lowering his defense, and Tarukaja to increase her own attack power.

“Persona!” Yu exclaimed as Izanagi used Dekunda to nullify the stat decrease. “Enemy’s can also nullify stat decreases if they have the ability to. Once you decrease their defense, you have to act fast.”

“Persona!!” Twilight exclaimed with what seemed like more determination. Her Persona then unleashed Garudyne, knocking Izanagi down along with Narukami. “Again!” She exclaimed unleashing another Garudyne on Izanagi causing it to fall into a daze.

“E-enough!” Yu exclaimed.

Twilight stopped as she was panting heavily. “H-huh? how come you didn’t get back up?”

“Because you hit Izanagi’s weakness… wind.” Yu groaned slowly getting back up. “Very good… I think we both deserve a break, don’t you?” he grinned as Izanagi vanished back to his card.

“Y-yeah, good idea.” Twilight blushed as her persona went back as well. “Sorry for going all out on you like that. It just kind of got exciting.” she laughed a bit and turned to Sunset Shimmer. “Hey, what did you think… of…….!!!” Twilight went wide eyed seeing Sunset Shimmer get backed into corner by multiple shadows. “Sunset Shimmer!!” She exclaimed about to run at her.

“Wait!” Narukami exclaimed holding her back.

“Wait for what!? She’s in trouble!”

“Just trust her.”

“H-huh?” Twilight said slowly looking back at Sunset and the shadows.

Sunset Shimmer had a look of panic and fear in her eyes. She would continue backing up until finally she hit a wall. She was sure that she was done for… until… “I am thou…” She heard the same voice as before again and she froze in shock and confusion. “thou art I… The time has come… open thine eyes, and call forth what is within!” Sunset Shimmer stopped and looked down at the card below her, picking it up with her magic, taking a hard look at it. A bright light started illuminating from the card getting brighter and brighter.

Sunset Shimmer then grinned slowly uttering…

“Per…

so…

...na…” Just then she let out a scream as the light engulfed her with intense power. When the light cleared, both Twilight and Narukami both saw something above Sunset Shimmer: A Persona of her own. It looked similar to Izanagi, but the colors were different. The color was similar to her own. Sunset Shimmer opened her eyes with a grin. “This… is incredible…” Without waiting, her persona unleashed Maragidyne, a heavy fire attack on all the shadows that were cornering her to a wall before.

“T-that’s Sunset Shimmer’s Persona!? It’s incredible!” Twilight exclaimed. Narukami just looked at both her Izanagi and Sunset Shimmer, unsure of what to think.

“Persona!”

Sunset Shimmer exclaimed unleashing Marakunda lowering all the shadow’s defense, and finally finishing them all off with another Maragidyne. She panted hard as her persona faded back into its card and went down to Sunset Shimmer. She then fell over unexpectedly.

“Sunset Shimmer!” Twilight ran up to her and helped her back up.

“I’m okay…” Sunset Shimmer smiled. “That was incredible! It felt like power that I’ve never even felt before surging through me!”

“But I don’t get it. I thought you needed to face yourself to have your persona!” Twilight said looking at Yu. “Isn’t that what you told me?”

“Yes.” Yu said following her as they headed to the exit. “But that’s only for normal occasions. How Sunset Shimmer got her power was not normal.”

“Not normal…?” Sunset asked. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“I’ll explain later, but for now we need to get you back so that you can rest.”

Author's Note:

And you all thought that Narukami was going to be the hero of this story. :trollestia: Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :pinkiehappy: