• Published 27th Oct 2014
  • 4,522 Views, 368 Comments

Princess Changeling Rainbow Magic Pants - Justice3442



Princess Changeling Rainbow Magic Pants, the beloved being from beyond Eqestria's skies who also resides in a land flooded with magic much as if Starswirl the Bearded's basement was flooded, senses that Twilight Sparkle needs her help.

  • ...
21
 368
 4,522

Chapter 2: Rainbow Dash

Princess Changeling Rainbow Magic Pants

Chapter 2: Rainbow Dash

-ooo-

Twilight and Applejack raced out of the massive yellow double-doors of the stone and crystal castle. They stood at the top of the set of yellow stairs for a second and scanned the area.

“Shoot!” Twilight exclaimed. “I don’t see her.”

Applejack shook her head. “Me neither.”

Twilight continued descending the stairs, Applejack followed right behind her.

“Well hopefully she hasn’t gotten far,” Twilight said as she galloped onto the path in front of her castle.

Applejack rolled her eyes. “Ah’m sure we can just listen for the sounds of ponies retchin’ if anything else.”

RAAAARAAARRAAGHGHGRAAAA…!

“What in tarnation?!” Applejack cried as an unusually chunky and brown-colored rain suddenly ‘splatted’ onto the ground a few yards away from her.

Twilight and Applejack looked up to see a queasy Rainbow Dash lean her head and forehooves over the side of a cloud several yards above the ground.

“Rainbow Dash,” Twilight shouted up. “Have you seen a large, vaguely pony-shaped, black, rainbow, and neon-colored… thing?”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “Twi, I think she’s seen her…”

Rainbow Dash pointed to a cloud hovering just slightly to the side and above hers. Magic Pants poked her marvelous head out from around it. “Hello Twilight Sparkle and Applejack, I was just conversing with the element of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash!”

Rainbow Dash ran her arm over her muzzle. “Twilight, what the heck is that thing?!”

“It uhShe claims to be the child of pretty much everyone important in Equestria.”

“What the huh?” Rainbow replied.

Applejack shook her head. “Don’t think about it too hard, sugarcube. You’re better off not knowing.”

“Alright, well… Where did she come from?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Magic Pants gave Rainbow Dash a smile full of her perfectly white teeth that glinted in the sunlight. “I come from a magical realm where brilliant magical light shines through every hole and every crack!”

Rainbow Dash turned stared blankly at Magic Pants for a second. “Right, forget I asked…”

“I’m glad we found you,” Twilight said. “We’re trying to figure out what to do with Magic Pants here.”

Rainbow Dash gave Twilight a confused look, her face still slightly green. “Magic Pants?”

“My full name is Princess Changeling Rainbow Magic Pants!” the being of superbly good looks informed.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “I’m not sure why I keep asking questions…”

“We’re trying to figure out what to do with her,” Twilight said.

“Have you tried drowning her?” Rainbow Dash said.

“Dash!” Twilight said in a chastising tone.

Applejack motioned up at Rainbow Dash with her fore hooves. “See?! Rainbow thinks we should kill it.”

“A.J.!” Twilight cried. “We can’t just kill sapient beings because they look funny.”

“She’s also really weird!” Rainbow Dash said. “Like… really, really weird!

Twilight gave out a heavy sigh.

“Friends!” Magic Pants said in a melodic voice full of mirth and wonder. “Perhaps I can be of assistance! I can use my harmony ray to spread understanding.”

The three mares went quiet for a beat.

“Harmony ray?” Twilight asked.

Magic Pants nodded sublimely. “It’s a ray that spreads harmony.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Well, that cleared that up!”

Applejack nodded her head. “I know what you mean, sugarcube. It’s like tryin’ to have a conversation with a hypnotized chicken.”

“… That’s actually a thing?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack looked up at her. “Look it up.”

Rainbow Dash glared down at Applejack. “Maybe I will!”

“Oh no!” Magic Pants said in a slightly alarmed voice that sounded like spun gold, but not too alarmed to make it sound like she didn’t have perfect control of the situation (which she did). “Please don’t fight! I’ll power-up my ray right away!”

“Please no,” Applejack said.

“Yeah… Pass…” Rainbow Dash added.

Twilight frowned as she looked between her two friends. “Come on, you guys! Help me out a little!”

“Look Twi,” Applejack began, “I wanna see this through with you, but I’m not gonna let her shoot me with no ray!”

“Fine! No ray!” Twilight said.

“That’s fine,” Magic Pants said in a calming, soothing tone. “I can also shoot a forgiveness spray out of my—”

“NOPE!” Rainbow Dash announced, and with that she flew as fast and as far away as her wings could carry her.

Twilight sighed and smacked a hoof against her face.

Applejack just stared after the rainbow trail Rainbow Dash left behind her. “Right… Could you explain ta me again how she’s the element of loyalty, again?”