• Published 26th Oct 2014
  • 32,767 Views, 3,011 Comments

My Twilight Facade - axelsempai



Suddenly, I'm Twilight Sparkle and I don't want to be here.

  • ...
100
 3,011
 32,767

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's Seven Days (Part 2)

I came downstairs the next morning for breakfast. Spike must have gotten up before me again, so he was likely already making something. Of course, I was initially confused when I saw a completely empty kitchen. That was strange, where did Spike go?

Then I saw the note on the table again. Oh right, he's in Appleloosa.

"With my friends." I added sourly. Whatever, that wasn't a big deal. I can manage to last a couple of days in this library on my own. In this library that seemed a bit empty, though that could just be the kitchen.

Damn it, my indigestion is back! I wasn't going to stand for this. I was going to find a drug store and get some antacids. Take that, nondescript chest pain!

I wasn't too keen on skipping breakfast, so I just ate a frozen waffle from out of the freezer. Meal properly eaten, I went out to the drug store and got my drugs. The pain was gone by that time, but I was ready now. The next time my chest pain starts up, I'm taking it down with extreme prejudice.

Next up for consideration was what the day's activities were. I was already out and about, so maybe I could take a look around. I could explore the town a little, since I didn't actually know that much about it. I dropped off the antacids and picked up a few bits in case I found a store I wanted to check out.

I wandered aimlessly, turning down unfamiliar roads and reading various signs I found. It turned out that Ponyville had a vast residential zone. Most of the buildings I saw were houses of some kind. Very few were businesses themselves.

My wandering eventually led me to the vicinity of Carousel Boutique. Ah, fancy that. Maybe I could drop by and hang out for a little? Oh wait, she's in Appleloosa. Never mind, then.

That waffle came back from the grave to voice its displeasure at my stomach. At least that must have been what happened, because my chest hurt again. I cast my Least Object Calling spell to summon my antacids.

Plonk!

That was not a box of antacid tablets that fell before me. No, it looked suspiciously similar to my house key. It was then I realized I forgot to cast the spell on the box first. Damn, it looked like I was going home.

I walked back home for the second time that day, but the pain was gone when I got there. Funny, it seemed my stomach didn't want me leaving the library that day. Well I already went outside a couple of times that day, so I guess my day was over already. I didn't want to antagonize my irritable stomach, but I still had the bulk of the day to go through.

Now, what could I do to pass the time? Read? I looked at the shelves of books around me, dismissing the idea. How many times would I have to fall back on that plan in the future? Let's make it interesting now that I had the house to myself.

Screw it, I'm practicing transmutation. I'd like to get used to a human body again pretty soon, so I sat in the center of the room and cast the transformation. Once again, only a single limb was replaced. I still needed more practice before I could do a full transformation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4

The day was off to a great start when I checked the mail. Aside from the usual assortment of bills and advertisements, I found a letter from the gym. I tore it open and read it.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

We are writing to inform you that your membership has been revoked for-

I crumpled the letter up and chucked it at a wall. Fucking beautiful. I should have figured starting a fight in the gym was a bad idea. If only Tail Chaser hadn't made for such an easy target...

If the gym was no longer an option, how was I supposed to pump iron? I guess I could buy my own equipment, but how would I go about doing that? Perhaps there were fitness magazines somewhere in town that had some stuff I could order. Right, I'll do a little practice, get some lunch, and shop for a catalog or something.

First things first, I charged up my horn and cast the transformation. My right foreleg predictably morphed into the familiar purple arm, but I made a pleasantly surprising bit of progress as my left foreleg followed suit. I smiled at my imminent success. As difficult as these transformations were, I was making quick work of their mastery.

---

I was seated on some outdoor furniture outside the restaurant my friends and I shared our first group meal together. It was odd how these seats were constantly in the sun, yet they never seemed to get any warmer. No matter, as long as I stay comfortable.

I placed my order for some minestrone soup and I waited. That was the worst part of any dining experience, so too bad for me that I didn't have anything to distract myself. Lamenting the fact I didn't bring any books or anything, I got lost in my thoughts. I've been here for a while now. I've made some significant progress since my arrival. To think that I couldn't even read magic just three short months ago would almost make me chuckle at my own inexperience.

My experiences have changed me, as well. For the longest time, I thought of friendship as something unimportant, and now here I was as someone who exemplifies its ideals. Strange world, but it was even stranger to me how mundane life in Ponyville became. Sure, there was the occasional dragon slumbering in the caves or a crazed deity looking for trouble, but it was mostly just like living in a common rural community with ponies instead of humans. It was times like this that I had to remind myself just how crazy my life was.

The waiter brought me my soup and placed it on the table. Good thing too, because I was getting restless having to sit there with nothing to do but muse over current events. If I had paid any attention to my surroundings, I would have noticed a beige aura on the salt shaker just a moment ago. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way what happened to it when I turned it over my soup: the loosened cap fell right off. Salt poured unrestrained into my soup, saturating its flavor to an inedible degree. I pulled it back and examined the shaker curiously.

"Ha Ha Ha! Vengeance is mine!" Yelled Tail Chaser, who was hiding behind the sign. He began running away, cackling with glee.

Realizing what just happened, I stood up screamed my dissatisfaction. "You son of a bitch!"

I would have chased after him, but eh, why bother? He was already part way down the street! Screw that. I sat back down and motioned the waiter. "Another bowl of soup, please."

Right, things like that just showed how different things here really were. Juvenile antics like that were only commonplace in Equestria, as usually these kinds of guys just get a bunch of their buddies and gang up on people. This was a strange world, but it was nice.

You know, aside from the dragons and the mad deities and such.

I kind of like Equestria. Its common problems were easily solved, its big problems were solved with friendship, and I had an easy job. This life is pretty sweet. Too bad I would have to leave it behind, huh? It's not really my lifestyle I was worried about, but rather my friends. Wouldn't they miss me when I'm gone? I didn't want to upset them like that, but I wouldn't have much of a choice. I could break away from them, making every possible effort to end our friendship, but that comes with its own set of unique problems. Poor Twilight would have to take over again, and she suddenly has all these mares hounding her for actions that aren't her own. Sure, she'll be getting that either way, but at least I can get her praised for actions she can't remember instead of loathed.

I wonder how she would react to having all this new muscle-mass? I'd pay to see that. Would she continue to exercise to keep up her new athleticism?

My mind wandered back to my friends. How would they react to "my" sudden change? I'm surprised Spike still thinks I'm really Twilight, but how would the others feel about her? I'm sure they'd be initially worried about her, but the confusion would pass. Perhaps Twilight would contact the princess and sort this all out, letting her stay in Ponyville and "rekindle their friendships". When I'm gone, I'm sure everything in Equestria will be just fine.

Then I came back to the question that would haunt me for many months: would my friends really miss me? After a time, I had to accept that they wouldn't. They wouldn't even know I'm really gone, so why would they worry? Twilight's still there, and that's all that matters to them.

As if depressing thoughts weren't bad enough, my indigestion came back. At least I was ready for it this time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 5

I let the duration of my spell wear off again, returning me to my default pony form. While it was true that I could continuously renew the spell's effects, I was focused on getting a full transformation before I focused on longevity. Let me tell you, this spell was taking it out of me. The Flight spell was one thing, but modifying my current body's features and attributes into a human's was surprisingly difficult.

I grabbed the bottle of cider on the table next to me and took a big drink. Yeah, I knew it was only nine in the morning, but I didn't care. Never too early in the day to enjoy a drink. Again, I knew that casting spells under the influence was probably a bad idea, but I'd only worry about that when I had a buzz. Until then, bottoms up.

I put the bottle back onto the table and took a deep breath. I powered up another casting, and let it loose. I stood taller than before, likely because I was now standing on two human legs. Awesome, not only did I have two arms, but I also had legs too! Now that's progress!

I looked over myself now that I had four human limbs. I looked really weird. I still had a pony torso and head, so I looked like the dumbest chimera ever. I thought myself fortunate that no one was here to see me like this.

I sat back at the table and waited for the spell's duration to crap out. I took another drink of my cider. Hey, anything to pass the time, right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6

When I woke up the next morning, the clock assured me that it was ten o'clock. I stretched and got out of bed, feeling the groggiest I've been since I first began working out.

I stepped heavily down the steps on the staircase, all sense of energy vacant from my actions. I sat in the kitchen with an opened carton of orange juice, but no cup. Who's going to notice or care that I was drinking from a carton? Certainly not Spike, who was in some apple town somewhere.

Mmm, apples. Screw orange juice, I have cider. I levitated a bottle of apple cider out of the fridge, popping it open and taking a nice refreshing sip. Ah, that's good stuff. Note to self: alcohol is good for indigestion.

I took another eager sip and kicked back with a satisfied sigh. Hell, why would I do anything today? I was so relaxed, that I could just take a nice long nap. In fact, let's do that. I placed the barely touched bottle on the table and closed my eyes. Productivity was overrated, anyways.

---

When I finally opened my eyes, I felt really thirsty and I really had to use the restroom. I thought that was weird, for I could have sworn I only slept for about half an hour. I looked up at the clock to see that it was actually three hours later. Huh, lunch time already.

I levitated some lettuce out of the fridge and munched on that for a while as I went into the living room with my cider. Lunch properly eaten, I took care of business and returned to the living room for my magic practice. A flash of magic later, and I found that I could now transform my head. Sweet, I had a human face again! I looked even weirder than before, but that was the cost of magic, wasn't it?

I sat down at the usual table, which held two stacks of comics I've been reading as I waited for my transformations to time out; one stack was for the stuff I've read, the other for stuff I was getting to. I opened up an issue of Chrono-mancer and took a quick drink of my cider. I nearly gagged at the warm crap. Ugh, I shouldn't have let this sit out for so long. However, getting another bottle from the fridge would require effort, so I summoned up my determination and took another drink.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with the sun in my face. I turned away from the blinding light, only to realize that I wasn't in a bed. To that end, I fell onto the floor from my chair. I gave both the sun and my chair disapproving looks for their insubordination, though I thought it was strange that the sun was blinding me like that. Usually, the sun only comes through the living room windows in the morning. I glanced at the clock on the wall, finding that it was eight. Okay, it couldn't be eight o'clock at night, because then it would be night out, so I guess it was actually the morning?

I yawned lazily and crawled back up to my chair. I didn't remember dozing off, but I guess I must have. Weird, I haven't been this bad about my sleep schedule since I last lived alone.

I looked over at the stack of comics I was going to read, also finding one comic already opened on the table. I chuckled at the unfinished comic. Mighty Mack's Adventures must have been pretty boring for me to fall asleep without first reaching the end. I put it off to the side and raised another comic for my reading pleasure.

Approximately four hours later, I finished all my comics. I leaned back in my chair in thought. I had nothing to do. I took a deep breath for clarity, but I still didn't have any idea on what I wanted to do. Go outside? Nah, there's nothing out there I wanted to do. Besides, there were an awful lot of group activities out there I couldn't do. It sucks being on your own sometimes.

I could go for a good chat right about now. Too bad I had no one to speak to, and no internet to accommodate me. Oh well, looks like I'm staying inside again.

Maybe I had some more comics to read? I walked upstairs into my bedroom and searched the comic stash for anything I haven't read yet. I looked at book after book, but I've already read them all. I sighed. We had no more comics, but I did have a sizable selection of fiction downstairs. I turned to walk downstairs, but I caught myself when I looked into the mirror. My pony self stared back at me from the reflective surface, and I wondered if I could fully change myself. With nothing better to do, I figured it was worth a shot. I fired up my horn, and morphed once more.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and I saw success. I've done it, I now had completely human anatomy. For the first time when I transformed, I got a good look at myself. Twilight had a cute face, almost perfect. Her purple eyes were shining inquisitively, matching my own curiosity. Her hair was messy, like it hadn't been brushed for a few days (which was fitting, since I gave up on that a few days prior).

Then my eyes drifted downward, and heat rushed up to my face in quick order. You see, the thing about transformation magic is that it wasn't like anime; clothes don't form on their own. That being said, I was standing in front of a mirror, in the body of a naked girl. I smacked the side of my head and looked everywhere except the mirror. Curse my shortsightedness! Why didn't I consider that I wouldn't have anything covering me? The worst part was that I wasn't the owner of this body, and I wasn't about to ogle a borrowed body. That would just be freakin' creepy!

As embarrassing as this situation was, it only got more so. You see, I lost track of time by that point, so I didn't realize a week had passed. Little did I know that my friends have already let themselves in my house (not a big deal, it's a public library) and were coming upstairs to check on me. The only indication this was happening was when I heard Rarity approaching and calling for me. "Twilight? Are you home, darling? The living room is a mess, and-"

She stopped in the doorway, stunned. We both stared at each other for an awkward moment. I thought about what I should do in that situation. Of all the options I could use, I opted for the most natural: I screamed and covered myself with my arms. "AAAHHHH! Close the door!"

Baffled, Rarity shut the door. She spoke to me from outside. "Twilight? Is that you? What happened?"

"In a minute!" I called. I frantically looked around the room for something I could use to cover myself. I still had about ten minutes until the spell wore off, and Rarity was outside waiting for me. Not wanting to keep her waiting, I spied the entrance to the bathroom. I hurried inside and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around me. I briskly walked out, but then I saw my hair in the mirror. Aw man, I was a mess! I grabbed a brush and hurriedly brushed it out. Satisfied that I looked okay, I opened the door to the bedroom and went downstairs.

My friends were gathered down there, now looking up at me with concern. Rarity, being the first one to see my new form, was the first to speak up. "Good afternoon, Twilight. May I ask what happened to you?"

I sat in an open chair and smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, I've been practicing transformations while you were gone. This was the first form I wanted to try."

"Well what was with that freakout? Why'd you yell at Rarity like that?" Rainbow demanded.

"And why're ya wearin' a towel?" Applejack added.

I rolled my wrist while I tried to answer. How would I explain nudity to ponies? "Well, this form is pretty embarrassing. I just felt like I needed to wear something."

"So somepony is in the market for an outfit?" Rarity deduced with a gleeful smile.

Well, I was planning on being in this form as much as possible. "Uh, yes?"

Rarity giggled excitedly at the news. "Marvelous! I've always wanted to make a dress suited for other creatures! I can't wait to get started!"

"Hey hey, I didn't say I wanted a dress. I only want some clothes." I said, curbing her enthusiasm.

Rarity pouted. "You're no fun, darling."

"So why that form?" Spike asked. "Do you feel more at home like that, or what?"

Whoa, that was a good guess. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Spike was still suspicious of me. But as I said, it was just a lucky guess. I answered his question carefully. "I don't feel much different, aside from bipedal movement. I just thought turning into a human like this would be pretty easy."

"You thought it would be easier than turning into an earth pony or a pegasus?"

Damn, more good questions. Luckily, I had some excuses. "Either case would be too easy. There's not much to change, and I already have a spell that replicates pegasus flight. I figured changing into another species would make a better milestone."

"Can you do a magic trick?" Pinkie questioned.

"I... don't know. Let me check." That was a good suggestion. After all, the sole reason I'm in Equestria at all is because a human wizard sent me here, so it's likely that I still have access to magic. I closed my eyes and concentrated on channeling my power. As I thought, I could feel the power surge in my chest and flow into my hands and feet. It was exactly like channeling power into a unicorn's horn, except I now had four conduits instead of one. I cast a simple light spell into my left hand, causing it to glow slightly.

I only felt my magic flowing through my arm, but the magical connections to my other limbs weren't affected at all. I cut out the light spell, and did something I haven't heard of since I learned magic: channeling two spells at once. I cast the light spell in my left hand again, but then I cast an earth moving spell through my right foot, bringing up a small stone brick from the floor. I levitated it with my right hand and brought it closer for me to catch it.

"My, such fast spellcasting!" Rarity praised. That brought a smile to my face.

"Wait, whatta ya mean? Can unicorns only do magic so fast?" Applejack asked to clarify.

"That's right. Unicorns can only cast one spell at a time, which means we usually do each slowly and methodically. With Twilight's human body, it seems she can use many spells at once!"

"Wow, cool!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Oh my, what a wonderful accomplishment!" Fluttershy congratulated.

"Thanks everyone." I said, blushing at their praise.

Rainbow Dash hovered closer to me. "Say, can you change other ponies into weird stuff, too? Cause I've always wondered what it would be like to be a griffin."

I chuckled at her request. "We'll find out together. For now, I'm more interested in what you all have been up to."

"Oh, not much." Rainbow said unconvincingly. "We just went to Appleloosa and stopped an all out war. No biggie."

"Bullshit, you're making that up." I declared in good humor.

"It's true." Applejack vouched. "The buffalo were gettin' mighty upset that the folk in Appleloosa were settlin' on their lands, so we were tryin' to make 'em get along."

I leaned forward with interest in the story, but my transformation took that time to crap out on me and turn me into a pony again. When the light faded from the reverting process, I was off balance and fell on my face. I growled into the floor, the towel covering my head. As often as crap like this happens, I'm surprised my face isn't more reminiscent of a waffle iron.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked.

"Dandy." I said, muffled by the floor. I pushed myself up, when I noticed that I was getting hungry. "Hey, I skipped breakfast this morning. Have you all eaten yet? If not, we could go out for some lunch."

"That sounds fabulous." Rarity said.

"Yup! Ahm hungrier'n a worm in an orchard." Applejack agreed.

"I'm always hungry!" Pinkie proclaimed.

"What are we waiting for?" Rainbow asked. "Let's go!"

We all got up to do just that. We left out the door to the library, everyone involved enjoying a happy reunion from a week of separation. As for myself, I've never felt better. For the first time in a week, my chest didn't feel so heavy, rather feeling light and unburdened.

PreviousChapters Next