• Published 28th Oct 2014
  • 2,100 Views, 95 Comments

Welcome Back! - Lynchristina



Cheese Sandwich's cheesy sense lures him into Ponyville once more. While he's there, he and Pinkie plan a royal party. Could there be more waiting for him in Ponyville than just a party?

  • ...
2
 95
 2,100

Chapter 4: Getting it Done, or Almost

Author's Note:

Geeze let's get this fanfic continuing again! :facehoof:

The two party ponies rushed down the spiral staircase to attend the preparation of the foal shower. Everything was going to be perfect. Pinkie took out her check list as she read the things she had planned. The party was only in a week till the baby comes. Pressure was building on.

Cheese looked at Pinkie with a comforting smile, "Hey, don't look like that. Between you and me, this party is going to be as big as Rainbow's Birthaversary! I promise."

Pinkie felt reassured after the pep talk. Cheese always knew what to say, it just made her heart flutter. "You're right! Let us go throw a party!"

The two ponies began to share out their plans to the local ponies in the Crystal Empire. Ponies gathered around as they took all the materials to hang around the whole empire. After a few hours of decorating, the final product began to come together. As Cheese walked down the glassy street, he stood and looked down. Suddenly realizing that his own reflection stretched upon the crystal floors. Wow, I guess the Crystal Empire can get shinier. After his thought he went back to check list plan. He tilted his head up to see many red ribbons and balloons tied to every lamp. Dining tables were being put up by the stallions near the castle entrance. The crystal fair was setting up too as well. It was surely going to be a blast. He smiled and began to trot along the sidewalks to check with his favorite party mare.

At the castle, Pinkie sat down with Shining Armour in the kitchen placing many ingredients on the table.

"Alright! I think we have all the ingredients we need. Me and Apple Jack should be ready to bake them later in the afternoon. We have to at least finish decorating the Crystal Empire." Stated Pinkie.

Shining Armour grinned, "Alright then, I can't wait for this to be done. You have really outdone yourself Pinkie."

Pinkie blushed, "Awe, it's nothing really. But Cheese mostly did the work too. With two party ponies, you seem to get things done a lot quicker!"

Shining chuckled, "I can see that."

As the ponies chuckled, Cheese made his way to the door. He trotted proudly to Pinkie and Shining Armour.

"Alright Pinkie all the decorations should all be in order!" Cheese smiled.

"That's fantastic Cheese! Wow, I guess we can maybe get started with the food then!" Exclaimed Pinkie.

Shining struck a small smile,"Haha, well I'll leave you two to it."

Pinkie and Cheese waved as they walked to the back counter of the kitchen. Every ingredient for the traditional crystal foods were all there. From corn, crystal berries, fritters, everything! Pinkie walked towards a shelf with a book. She reached up and grabbed the over-sized book. Geeze, this thing is enormous! The pony sat down on the crystal floor as she turned to a random page of the huge book. Cheese took his head out of the ingredients shelf to see the cooking book that Pinkie held.

He squinted behind her to catch a glimpse of the page, "Crystal Funnel Cake huh? I think we can get started with that."

"Okie Dokie! Aj will be here to help us prep after she's done helping Fluttershy with the Ewe's."

The two ponies high-hoofed each other as they started to rush towards the ingredients shelf. The two of them grabbed all the supplies and walked back to lay them on the table. After an hour of baking, Pinkie brought the 3 Crystal Funnel Cakes to the oven. The tired pony sighed as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. Afterwards she walked back to the front as she laid flat on the couch. Cheese walked over to the pink filly with a bowl of icing. He smiled as he dove a spoon in the bowl to Pinkie. She made a warm smile to Cheese as she took the spoon of icing and stuffed it into her mouth. After a overwhelming afternoon, a bowl of icing always manages to cheer her up. And with Cheese there, it just made the day a whole lot better. Her cheeks began to turn a slight pink. What am I thinking? Cheese is only a friend, just a friend.. As her train of thought continued, a hoof was planted on her muzzle. She snapped back into reality as she noticed it was Cheese's hoof.

Cheese chuckled silently, "Sorry there's a lot of frosting on your muzzle."

Pinkie began to heat up, "Oh." She said quietly.

Cheese was suddenly very close to Pinkie. It was like being cramped in a room with one pony. But this time, it just felt different. After swiping off the stack of frosting off her muzzle, Cheese directed his vision to her blue bejeweled eyes. He always loved looking at them. Whenever he got the chance, it just melts his world. Sometimes he wishes he could look at them forever. Without consulting what he was doing, he slowly slid his hoof down from her muzzle to her cheek. Pinkie was crimson red. She just couldn't move. She wanted to say something, but nothing came out. It was just complete silence. As she began to explode a pony burst through the door. Cheese shook his head as he turned around.

A tired orange farm pony fainted to the ground. She managed to open her eyes, "Sorry ya'll, all them ewes are really hard to herd! It just took longer than expected, but I'm here."

Pinkie shook her head as she trotted to her friend, "Oh it's okay Aj, me and Cheese managed to make 3 Funnel Cakes for today!"

Apple Jack struggled to get up, "How about we just call it a day, we can start over tomorrow."

Pinkie sighed in relief, "Hehe..yeah, I think we all need a rest."

Cheese slowly walked to the two fillies and nodded slightly, "Alright, well I'm just gonna go double check check our list. Just in case."

The fillies nodded and went back outside to their rooms.

Apple Jack looked up on Pinkie, "Did something happened when I was gone, you two seem a little quiet."

Pinkie shot up a fake smile, "What? No nothing happened! Hehe! Let's get you some rest AJ, I can tell you need it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheese walked through the town, quietly thinking to himself. What happened back there? His head ducked down in shame. I feel so embarrassed. I maybe it was her beautiful eyes. I guess that's just what happens when a guy is in lo-. His train of thought stopped. His face angered. No I can't. We're just friends, that's all she will see me as. I can't let our relationship go like this.

Suddenly Cheese bumped into Shining as he fell to the crystal floor. He glanced up, "Oh I'm sorry Shining, I didn't notice you here. I was just, in thought.

Shining looked down, "Hehe, it's okay Cheese." He lifted the lanky stallion up to his hooves. "Are you okay Cheese? You seem a little down."

Cheese sadly lifted his head, "It's nothing, I'm just a little confused."

"About what?" Asked Shining.

Cheese looked down.

Shining made a small smile,"Oh come on, you can tell your old buddy Shining! We're guys! I promise I won't tell. Guy's honor."

The stallion sighed, "Well, I just have mixed feelings with...Pinkie."

"Ah, so you like her huh?"

Cheese blushed, "If you put it that way....I guess I do. But it's just that I don't think she'll feel the same! We have a perfect relationship together, and I don't want to break it!"

Shining put his hoof around the blushing stallion, "Look, I know this is hard. And I won't lie, it is! But don't you want to strengthen that friendship?"

"Yeah.."

"Well then do it! You never know unless you try Cheese. Maybe she sees you as more than a friend, she just doesn't want to say it. That's love."

Cheese hesitated, "But what if she doesn't accept it?"

"Hey, I know Twilight's friends, and I know that Pinkie would never leave you like that. And if she doesn't love you, she'll still accept you as her friend." Shining reassured.

"You make a good point."

Shining chuckled, "Mhmm! And to start this off, why not ask her on a date tomorrow?"

Cheese stuttered, "A date? I-I don't know, we have to set the party and the food has to be done an-"

Shining interrupted, "Hey, don't think too much, we'll take care of it. This party won't be as fun with my best party planners being sad!"

"I guess so."

"That's my boy. Well, I'll see you tomorrow then. And don't forget to bring flowers!" Shining nudged him.

Cheese smiled as he went up the crystal stairs, "Asking Pinkie out on a date... Welp, let's see how this will go."